• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Gul, Glad to see this AAR (and the British!) are still breathing. Can you give us a couple of zoomed out shots of the europe/mid east/ussr map? Good luck and on to victory!

Gul Brown said:
I will update at the end of the week, its the easter weekend holiday coming up.
Outstanding! Excellent work both in the game and with your Ultimate AAR!

Gul Brown said:
Almost 1500!

I will update at the end of the week, its the easter weekend holiday coming up.

Not my easter for another month. Always get twice the amount of chocolates when I go to my friends. :D

Drewby said:
Gul, Glad to see this AAR (and the British!) are still breathing. Can you give us a couple of zoomed out shots of the europe/mid east/ussr map? Good luck and on to victory!

In the next update i will just go the full way and show zoomed out shots of the entire planet so that everyone is aware of what is happening.

Im glad you are reading and enjoying.

Outstanding! Excellent work both in the game and with your Ultimate AAR!

Thanks! Nice to know you are enjoying it.

Not my easter for another month. Always get twice the amount of chocolates when I go to my friends. :D

Really? The chocloate thing sound like a bonus! I have quite a collection now in my room as i have barely eaten the stuff i got for christmas :p

A quick update on my situation, i have two essays due for friday. However after friday i am off for a week! So i will try and update on Saturday [and as many more time through the week as i can] although if Rangers win the old firm game i will give you two updates as means of celebration :D

World At War

This report shall begin with an in depth report on the current status of this war, from all corners of the globe you shall see the fronts and who is gaining the upper hand.

Europe

Europe is now firmly in Allies control, our conquest of Europe has resulted in many free nations being born and their military buildup has given the Allies a strong defence in Europe. Our main Ally, France is being supported by Yugoslavia while our created states- Germany, Italy, Slovakia, Czech, Byelorussia and Poland are lending aid.

This photo shows the current state of the American advance into Portugal and more crucially it shows our thrust into the Soviet Union, our units are closing in on Moscow and the Soviets must be feeling a fear, however slight, that thier capital is under serious threat.

The Status of Europe

South America

The main conflict in South America is the battle between and the Axis and Communist forces in the region. Originally, Brazil and Argentina were fighting a solo conflict, with Argentina gaining the upper hand. However a landing by American troops in Brazil has cast a shadow of doubt over the battle, are the Communist forces in Brazil doomed? If they should fall both North and South America will fall under Axis control.

South America- Brazil is now Fighting a two Front war

North America

There is no longer a front in North America. Canada fell years ago the the US armies and the USA now has complete control of the region and is able to defend its homeland with even great effect. It will be hard for us to bring Canada back from the dead.

America has Total Dominance of the Region

Africa

Thankfully the dominance of the USA in North and South America is rivalled by our control of Europe and Africa. There is no fighting in Africa at the present moment as we have secured the region, we have a small presence personally. Our Allies make up the bulk of the Allied forces in Africa and many fledgling nations have held their own and have produced sufficient divisions to hold Africa securely for the time being.

Africa is Under Allied Control

Middle East

The main focus of the conflict in the Middle East is the front in Persia. The battle has swung in favour of the Soviet forces however with our French Allies sending a huge force to the front, combined with Persian, Iraqi and British divisions [supported from the air by the air forces of numerous Allied nations] has given us the potential for not only a purge of the Soviet troops in Persia but for an invasion of the Soviets homeland from the south, perhaps linking up with our forces north of Baku.

The Middle East and the war in Persia

Asia

Quite possibly the second most interesting front. In Asia the war has raged backwards and forwards between Japan, Nationalist China and the Soviet Union. Despite being our enemy, we cannot help but respect the effort Japan has made in the front. It looked like her armies were doomed upon the outbreak of hostilities with the Soviet Union and the Japanese were pushed out of China and were clinging on to their Korean holdings. Over time Japan have taken back what they had and are now pushing into China again and are looking to be a powerful rival.

We are delighted to see Soviet troops being consumed in the war with Japan and now our focus has to be on bringing China into the Allies. If China were to join it would perhaps be the greatest coup of the war from Britain.

The Japanese war machine puts pressure on both China and the Soviet Union

Allied Aid

We were recently given a wonderful gift from our Italian friends, a gift of technology that could give us an extra edge over the Soviet troops. Thank you Italy.

Italy Have Given us the Blueprints to Enable us to Research Adanced Infantry Divisions

Last edited:
Yo yo yo! Mighty success for da crown of da British, eh?

Might I politely suggest that you consider the following territorial adjustments to further strengthen your loyal allies on the continent:

It would also be justified to add them as cores to their respective nations, who (particularly) Germany have shod their evil ways of the past and should get some rewards for the steadfastness they have shown since their liberation. Particularly Germany should feed greatly emboldened by the return of their historic homeland East Prussia, its IC and its 1.5 million inhabitants. Poland would also gladly re-assume sovereignty over its former lands in Danzig and eastern Galicia and do its part in equipping the sons of said lands for the fight against communism. Austria would certainly be happy to put an army into the field for you as well.

Yours respectfully,

Leviathan, advocate of oppressed European nations

(edit: just looked at the screenies from the eastern front... where the hell are the Germans?? And the French? and the Polish?? aren't you milcontrolling your allies? what are the dawdling about?)

Last edited:
I don't want to say I told you so, but I told you that the ISR would have mussolini in charge.

Leviathan07 said:
Yo yo yo! Mighty success for da crown of da British, eh?

Might I politely suggest that you consider the following territorial adjustments to further strengthen your loyal allies on the continent:

It would also be justified to add them as cores to their respective nations, who (particularly) Germany have shod their evil ways of the past and should get some rewards for the steadfastness they have shown since their liberation. Particularly Germany should feed greatly emboldened by the return of their historic homeland East Prussia, its IC and its 1.5 million inhabitants. Poland would also gladly re-assume sovereignty over its former lands in Danzig and eastern Galicia and do its part in equipping the sons of said lands for the fight against communism. Austria would certainly be happy to put an army into the field for you as well.

Yours respectfully,

Leviathan, advocate of oppressed European nations

(edit: just looked at the screenies from the eastern front... where the hell are the Germans?? And the French? and the Polish?? aren't you milcontrolling your allies? what are the dawdling about?)

The effort you put into this post is commendable!

1. Right now im unable to liberate Austria as Yugoslavia owns a former province.

2. My ownership of danzig is annoying, i wonder if i could just give them it back in a trade deal.

3.The Germans are occupied with fortifying themselves and France for some reason. France was steamrolling Eastern Europe with out Yugoslav buddies, now she has a huge army marching into Persia. I havent taken control of my Allies, i felt it would make things too easy/unfair.

Ah, if it isn't our old friend Mussolini. How big is his army

The Italians are actually building up quite well, they may be the strongest out of all the liberated European nations.

I don't want to say I told you so, but I told you that the ISR would have mussolini in charge.

I do remember and you have told me so ;)

I will fix one of the screenshots [which has died], it worries me the way that happens- it would wreck any chance of making this AAR into one huge PDF file.

Additionally, Rangers won! So after i fix the screenshot i will write another update.

Hmm hmm hmmmmm... well, the Danzig and Austria issues can be fixed via a normal trade. I think it wouldn't be too far fetched to just "aceptall" the Yugos into handing over that Austrian province, and the Poles would probably be happy to get the province back without anything asked for in return. You could ask for Elbing, which would then go to Germany.

(Giving Germany some eastern territory would also perhaps fix their military priorities and make them send off troops to fight in Russia.)

Also maybe a little harmless savegame editing would be in order to get the Germans off their lazy butts! There ought to be some AI settings in that file, right? Not the difficult to understand part, but the ordinary lists of countries with which they want to be nice and the list countries that they will move troops to protect from. Maybe the USSR needs to be given a higher value on the latter list?

I'm speaking from EU2 experience, never actually having played HoI beyond the demo version.

Hey Gul,

I have just completed to read the complete story ( :p :rofl: ) and I found it very interesting. I was only wondering about a few things:

1. How did you change the ideology of the countries like Germany and USA? :confused:
2. When I play tested the UK and liberated countries I never saw Israel but only the Palestine country with the Palestinian flag....did you change this as well...??? :confused:

Please kill those fascist bastards in America and Portugal and kill the red terror in the Soviet Union. Lately I read about the 'Bitter Peace' event (occupying Leningrad, Stalingrad, Moscow, Baku and Sverdlosk) would give (at least Germany) a high chance of Bitter Peace.....is this possible for the UK as well? (it would be great....liberating these territories and then land forces at key places and annex....if possible)... :rofl: :rofl:

I really love ULTIMATE WAR....is really original...I will follow this closely!!!!!

(reading every part of the story was well...... :eek: :eek: ...long but worth the time :D I really enjoy this!)

Tim

Minutes To Moscow

As is the trend recently, we have won battles and we have lost battles but slowly but surely....we are edging closer to Moscow. In sensing this, the Soviets have launched some desperate counter attacks against our lines and they have had one worrying success in the south. Our attempt at herding the Soviets north in order to encircle their armies in the north has left a gap in our lines as our second army pushes to Stalingrad and Baku. We are confident of being able to repulse this attempted breakout by the Soviets, however.

Our Defeat is Inevitable

We decided to luanch further assaults in the north as our forces had been contained for far too long in the region and a breakthrough was essential if we were to inflict further losses on the Soviets and advance ever closer to Moscow.

Despite two Marvellous Victories in the North our Arrival in Bryansk is Pointless as we Will Soon be Forced to Vacate it

The Problem of Pskov​

In concordance with our northern surge we once again attacked the province of Pskov that we had failed to take previously. The problem with this province is the fact we cannot order troops in neighbouring provinces to support the attack.

The Assault Begins

While the Battle Raged we Were Defeated in Sumy

We Were Eventually Forced to Withdraw

Despite this setback, our advance to Moscow continued with the famous General O'Connor leading a successful assault on the Soviet forces in Roslavl.

The Defenders of Roslavl are Defeated

Another Victory in the North

This final victory could well be the deciding factor in our struggle against the Soviet forces in Pskov. It is clear we are unable to breakthrough against them so the most logical solution is the one we shall folllow- continue with our breakthrough in neighbouring provinces and simply surround them and then destroy them. Once Pskov is in our hands it will allow our concentrated forces in the region to spread out more and have more effect on more ground.

Timmie0307 said:
Hey Gul,

I have just completed to read the complete story ( :p :rofl: ) and I found it very interesting. I was only wondering about a few things:

1. How did you change the ideology of the countries like Germany and USA? :confused:
2. When I play tested the UK and liberated countries I never saw Israel but only the Palestine country with the Palestinian flag....did you change this as well...??? :confused:

Please kill those fascist bastards in America and Portugal and kill the red terror in the Soviet Union. Lately I read about the 'Bitter Peace' event (occupying Leningrad, Stalingrad, Moscow, Baku and Sverdlosk) would give (at least Germany) a high chance of Bitter Peace.....is this possible for the UK as well? (it would be great....liberating these territories and then land forces at key places and annex....if possible)... :rofl: :rofl:

I really love ULTIMATE WAR....is really original...I will follow this closely!!!!!

(reading every part of the story was well...... :eek: :eek: ...long but worth the time :D I really enjoy this!)

Tim

Its a great compliment to the AAR that you have managed to sit and read the whole thing. As for your questions:

1. I loaded up as each country and modified their sliders and settings ingame.
2. Hmm, dont know why you dont see Israel, it should be there. I didnt do any editing just released countries ingame as well. I will check this, im sure they are'nt a French puppet.

Im glad you like the tale, i found my idea to be quite original too although there is no bitter peace event for the UK.

The story is long and not even close to completion, hope that does not put off some potential readers. My snazzy chapter list should help you take your time and catch up with the story :)

Hmm hmm hmmmmm... well, the Danzig and Austria issues can be fixed via a normal trade. I think it wouldn't be too far fetched to just "aceptall" the Yugos into handing over that Austrian province, and the Poles would probably be happy to get the province back without anything asked for in return. You could ask for Elbing, which would then go to Germany.

(Giving Germany some eastern territory would also perhaps fix their military priorities and make them send off troops to fight in Russia.)

Also maybe a little harmless savegame editing would be in order to get the Germans off their lazy butts! There ought to be some AI settings in that file, right? Not the difficult to understand part, but the ordinary lists of countries with which they want to be nice and the list countries that they will move troops to protect from. Maybe the USSR needs to be given a higher value on the latter list?

I'm speaking from EU2 experience, never actually having played HoI beyond the demo version.

I will see if i can use trade to fix the problems. As for messing with the AI files, i have never done this so i would'nt know what i was doing really. Thankfully i am not in desperate need of German aid right now though.

You can always ask around if you need help. I'm not very good at editing the game, but theres always someone out there who will help you.

wilegfass said:
You can always ask around if you need help. I'm not very good at editing the game, but theres always someone out there who will help you.

You are right, people here would help. I just did'nt feel i had to. I will attempt to free Austria with a deal with Yugoslavia firstly.

Wow, this is a pretty amazing AAR. I've spent the last few days reading all 76 pages of it and I can't wait to see how it ends... I can't believe that this has been going on for almost 2 and a half years now. Wow!! Keep it up!!

CrazyJoe0813 said:
Wow, this is a pretty amazing AAR. I've spent the last few days reading all 76 pages of it and I can't wait to see how it ends... I can't believe that this has been going on for almost 2 and a half years now. Wow!! Keep it up!!

Thanks for reading, hope you keep enjoying. The AAR has become a companion over the last few years. A part of me thinks it may still be going in another two years, as long as you all continue to enjoy it.

BigBird said:
When Crimea falls, will you be able to liberate ukraine?

The liberation of the Ukraine is one of my main goals on the front.

I think that the Axis is a much greater threat than the comintern,

It probably has from the beginning, it was clear you had to defeat the USSR and Germany first because they were immensely closer, but it looks like you were just giving the USA and Japan time to build up while your war in Russia could go on for a while still.

That being said, what kind of fighting are you doing against the Japanese in asia and the pacific? It would be a huge setback to loose your allies there.