• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah, i've ment to say this several posts ago, but i keep forgetting, Uhhh alot of the Polish divisions at the start of the scenario, have their names in Russian, division is spelled in russian rather than Polish, along with the rest of its name, i believe its mainly the divisions in the eastern part of Poland when u first start the game, there was something else but i forgot it so i'll just give you a little insight into how the world looks in my game, I got Persia to join my alliance and i ended my war with the Soviet Union and annexed Estonia finally, I got the provinces bordering what used to be Estonia from the SU and also got orel and i think Tula from my offensive through Ukraine lead by Generals Sikorski and Rommel, Also Polish troops marched victoriously for the 3rd time in history through the Gates of Moscow after Marshal Smigly-Rydz(appointed just for the taking of Moscow) fought for a few hours of stiff commie resistance, later i pulled out of moscow and made peace because i am currently trying to get smolensk somehow without making war on Russia(romanovs) which is inevitable, but eh, also after i ended the war with SU i invaded the don-kuban union to get Ukraine some land seeing as how i took western ukraine and crimea for myself, i got the cossacks beat pretty quick, but they put up stiff resistance at nearly everyturn, they also made a counter attack through crimea at one point and take out my militia division stationed there then later once i took the capital and stalingrad(which they took from russia i believe) i kept beating them around alittle trying to get some of my generals and extra skill point, Anders is 3/4s way there and sikorski and Romer got theres. then after peace negotionations failed to work, i decided to simply annex them and i'm now in the process of giving most of the land to ukraine, also i got an event which gave me a brand new Fleet in the Black Sea =D

Sry for the n00b question but is it me or can ships not enter or exit the black Sea o_O

Jozef Pilsudski said:
Yeah, i've ment to say this several posts ago, but i keep forgetting, Uhhh alot of the Polish divisions at the start of the scenario, have their names in Russian, division is spelled in russian rather than Polish, along with the rest of its name, i believe its mainly the divisions in the eastern part of Poland when u first start the game

Pretty much all of the former Russian territories (included half the Polish army) have Russian named divisions - this is because all they're troops from the vanilla Soviet OOB, and I never got round to renaming most of them - Still, this is another thing to do in the future now that someone's finally noticed!

JRShield said:
no, you have to be allied to the conrtoller of istanbul (turkey) and at war with another nation.

There you go - So, it could be time for Poland to liberate Constantinople for Christendom!

Sarmatia1871 said:
Pretty much all of the former Russian territories (included half the Polish army) have Russian named divisions - this is because all they're troops from the vanilla Soviet OOB, and I never got round to renaming most of them - Still, this is another thing to do in the future now that someone's finally noticed!

There you go - So, it could be time for Poland to liberate Constantinople for Christendom!

Well i've noticed it like within like a minute of me first playing the game as i looked through all the stuff before actually pressing start game, just kept forgetting ><

Hmmm, so. . .if i owned istanbul, or as constantinople as it will be called if what i think is true, i would be able to come and go through the black sea as i wish without being at war with someone? o_O

Also you'd think that UK would start getting mad at Poland by now, seeing as how I've carved up Germany, took some of Ukraine's most valuable lands, annexed Estonia,(also used the event to make Romania join my alliance =X), Invaded and conquered the Cossacks, and my alliance streches from Germany to Persia and Poland is mighty close to being bigger than it ever was. but no

Oh and i'm currently reading An Army in Exile by General Anders of the Polish II Corps. during a meeting Anders had with Stalin, Stalin made a toast, that Poland has conquered Moscow twice(in my game 3 times ;) ) and the russians have been to warsaw a few times as well, well this got me thinking, who has taken Moscow the most? o_O so could any1 help me out?

Poland took it twice
France took it once right? or did napoleon not reach it, dun remember fully ><
Germany?(fredrick the great??) :confused:
Mongols maybe?
Who holds the record? o_O

Major Problem

Alright, I downloaded the mod and extracted it to my HoI2 folder. I then move to open the game, but a little window saying:
--- Error in DB ---
Do you still want to continue?
Abort-Retry-Ignore

comes up.

When I press Ignore, the screen immediately pops up again. When I press Retry, the window disappears, and a window saying "HoI2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" comes up- it's the one that lets you send an error report to Microsoft. When I press Abort, a window comes up saying that HoI2 had a Runtime Error.

Anyone else have this problem, and a solution?

Deflare said:
Alright, I downloaded the mod and extracted it to my HoI2 folder. I then move to open the game, but a little window saying:

comes up.

When I press Ignore, the screen immediately pops up again. When I press Retry, the window disappears, and a window saying "HoI2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" comes up- it's the one that lets you send an error report to Microsoft. When I press Abort, a window comes up saying that HoI2 had a Runtime Error.

Anyone else have this problem, and a solution?

'Error in DB' would probably mean that some of the files in the DB folder are either missing or incompatible. This could be done to a few things:

* Corrupt download of scenario - try downloading it again.
* Scenario files not copied across properly.
* Scenario files clashing with another previously installed mod.

So, what I can suggest are: first try loading the mod using the JSGME utility (link on 1st page...) on your current install (after goiing back to your original backed up files). If this still doesn't work, try again on a clean 1.3a installed HOI2.

Also, I haven't tested the mod with 1.3b -> But I don't this should cause any problems, as neither 1.3 nor 1.3a led to any....

Huzzah, it works! I completely replaced all the folders in my HoI2 file (hurray for back-ups!), redownloaded the mod, and followed your original instructions. It works!

Superb mod, Sarmatia! Playing through as Russia right now; my, how the balance of power between Poland and Germany has shifted...

ScreenSave15.jpg

Deflare said:
Superb mod, Sarmatia! Playing through as Russia right now; my, how the balance of power between Poland and Germany has shifted...

ScreenSave15.jpg

Well, apparently they still have little chance if the war starts in '39 which sarmatia is going to fix, but say if it happened when Germany reoccupied the rhineland, whos to say Poland wouldn't be a match for Germany, in 1935 I believe, Poland's leader (Pilsudski) apperantly annticipated that Hitler was up to no good and asked France if they'd join Poland in invading Germany while they were still weak. France of course laughed it off and said no and that Hitler couldn't possibly be a threat to anyone, Hitler heard about this and sent some kind of message to Pilsudski, i guess it got him sorta angry because he said basically that if Hitler wants war, all he has to do is Declare it and that Poland's army will march Tommorrow.

Hitler backed off. . . :eek:

You should also make a Russian Revolution battle scenario

Jozef Pilsudski said:
Well, apparently they still have little chance if the war starts in '39 which sarmatia is going to fix, but say if it happened when Germany reoccupied the rhineland, whos to say Poland wouldn't be a match for Germany, in 1935 I believe, Poland's leader (Pilsudski) apperantly annticipated that Hitler was up to no good and asked France if they'd join Poland in invading Germany while they were still weak. France of course laughed it off and said no and that Hitler couldn't possibly be a threat to anyone, Hitler heard about this and sent some kind of message to Pilsudski, i guess it got him sorta angry because he said basically that if Hitler wants war, all he has to do is Declare it and that Poland's army will march Tommorrow.

Hitler backed off. . . :eek:

It's not surprising; Poland and Germany were about the same size at the time. It was Poland's terrain, technology, poor military leadership, and the Soviet stab in the back that screwed her over. Interestingly, at the start of the war, Germany made some significant advances into Poland, before the Poles forced them back almost to the modern border; after a multi-month stalemate, Poland made a breakthrough, cut off Berlin, and is currently in the situation depicted in the screenshot.

Mezzo said:
You should also make a Russian Revolution battle scenario

That would be interesting, but a completely different thing and a great deal of work to get done!

It would need new techs, new ministers, new unit types, historically researched OOBs, new countries and an unbelievable number of events - so something like that would probably best be constructed as an add-on to the '1914' or 'WERS' mods....

Deflare said:
It's not surprising; Poland and Germany were about the same size at the time. It was Poland's terrain, technology, poor military leadership, and the Soviet stab in the back that screwed her over. Interestingly, at the start of the war, Germany made some significant advances into Poland, before the Poles forced them back almost to the modern border; after a multi-month stalemate, Poland made a breakthrough, cut off Berlin, and is currently in the situation depicted in the screenshot.

The thing which really gives Germany the advantage in game terms though is its land-doctrines => in the early stages of the game, other AI nations can't really stand up against the 'Armoured Spearhead' morale boosts and various other benefits unless they outnumber them about three or four to one!

That's why you get the initial German advance, which is then stopped and pushed back to a more defensible line when Poland moves all its troops over, and a 6-10 month period with reasonably stable frontiers, while both armies grind each other down. At the end of this, one country will have an absolute supremacy over the other, and overrun the rest of the country in a month or so!

Well valid points except for the military leaders part, of course Germany did have more and better ones, Polish generals were good, if u mean historically then yeah i guess, seeing as how the country was split in two after Pilsudski died and most of the best generals who were close to him like sikorski(which should have offensive doctrine also :\ ) refused any assignments. Anyways, in my game of this mod, i can't seem to figure out what to do now, i went in and helped Russia kill the Soviet Union after they seceded all former Polish territory they still had to me, and i figured the least i could do is help em out now, so i came in and crushed them but i also took alot of the Soviet Union's land, which isn't really Polish and i'm trying to find a way to give some of it back to Russia, which would be really good for Russia seeing as how i control Moscow, also there are some border disputes, after the 1st war w/ SU i got provinces bordering Estonia, which were and are still occupied by Russia, and I also have some lands that russia owns and i or ukraine occupies like Arcangelsk(had to take that from Soviet union to annex them) which i attained by transporting 3 division Via the sea.

I currently have a pretty large Navy consisting of i'd say uhhh 4 battleships, probably like 10 cruisers, some destroyers, then the rest submarines, besides of course for my 9 ship transport fleet :rofl:

So what to do next? Invade Russia, which is allied with Siberia and Bulgaria.

Invade Finland which will happen sooner or later because they caused me trouble when i was incorperating Estonia into my alliance(fully) and it ended in Estonia being Annexed by Poland.

Invade the Kazah Republic which is at war with Russia and is holding large amounts of their land.

Invade Hungary, Austria, Italy?

Invade France?

Sweden/Norway?

Annex South America and Mexico and prepare invasion of the States?

*EDIT* Yeah, France has DoW on Germany who is in my alliance, so that'll keep me entertained for now, My navy had some nice showdowns with the British already, i sunk one of their battleships while they were trying to stop me from making a landing in Scotland, which they did stop, but mainly cuz the stupid 9 divisions didn't want to get off the boats >:[

*EDIT*
Yeah, Just thought i'd let everyone know that. . . THE BRITISH ISLES ARE NOW OCCUPIED BY POLISH TROOPS, the invasion was led by Generals Sikorski, Anders, and Szysko-Bochusz

Last edited:
I get the assasination of Alexander Kerensky on Janurary 4th but on the 16th when another important event is supposed to happen (forgot which) it never does.

EDIT*: Nevermind I fixed it. Thanks for sending me the correct files Sarmartia and for fixing it on the main page.

Last edited:
I really enjoy this mod. I like the variety of surrender options and all that. If they could be available to all situations that would be awesome. I also like the influence things, which make the German Reich make choices toward the smaller European nations.

Anyways, I'm currently writing an AAR about my current game, in which the Poles declared war over the Rhineland thing. Is that supposed to happen? As it turns out i've recreated WW2 nearly 2 years ahead of time. Along these lines, Churchill came to power in 1938, or at least the event did. However, when i looked at the diplomacy screen Chamberlain was still leading the UK, probably something wrong there.

Polkovnik_Alex said:
I get the assasination of Alexander Kerensky on Janurary 4th but on the 16th when another important event is supposed to happen (forgot which) it never does.

EDIT*: Nevermind I fixed it. Thanks for sending me the correct files Sarmartia and for fixing it on the main page.

You're very welcome - there's absolutely no point in me making this mod if people can't play it - :D !

Citanafvic said:
I really enjoy this mod. I like the variety of surrender options and all that. If they could be available to all situations that would be awesome. I also like the influence things, which make the German Reich make choices toward the smaller European nations.

Anyways, I'm currently writing an AAR about my current game, in which the Poles declared war over the Rhineland thing. Is that supposed to happen? As it turns out i've recreated WW2 nearly 2 years ahead of time. Along these lines, Churchill came to power in 1938, or at least the event did. However, when i looked at the diplomacy screen Chamberlain was still leading the UK, probably something wrong there.

And interesting - people are using this to play as Germany!!

I like the peace treaty events as well, but making them for every situation or possible/likely war would be a bit tricky to plan out properly. Still, it's always something to do...

I believe the issue with Churchill is being discussed on another thread in the main mod forum - his start date is 1939, and so he can't become HoG at any time before then, even if it's triggered by an event. So, your stuck with Chamberlain, I'm afraid!

Jozef Pilsudski said:
Main mod forum? wheres that? o_O :confused: :wacko:

The thread's called '(Early) appointment of Churchill' and it's in the general 'HoI2 - Scenarios and modifications' forum => so one up from the forum this thread is in.