• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Better to wait ontil hoi 2 and buy that so you dont waist your hard earned money

The quickest way of ending a war is to lose it.
George Orwell (1903 - 1950)

I know this may be a stupid question, but I will ask it anyway.

Can you still play multiplayer with someone who just has the original version?

Help

I want to buy Hearts of Iron Platinum from Romania its the same with HoI Anthology? can register the game on forum?i don't see suport on My Games/Registrations for Hearts of Iron Platinum.Please help...and sorry for off..

I want to buy Hearts of Iron Platinum from Romania its the same with HoI Anthology? can register the game on forum?i don't see suport on My Games/Registrations for Hearts of Iron Platinum.Please help...and sorry for off..
Platinum does not have a registration key. There is no restriction on the HoI forums needing registration. Also, I would strongly suggest getting Anthology instead of Platinum; Anthology includes HoI1, HoI2, Doomsday, and Armageddon. Platinum is just HoI1 with a bundled copy of the CORE mod (which you shouldn't bother installing since they released a newer version even before the team moved to HoI2).

Yea, I think the Anthology isn't produced anymore, so the only chance is to find unsold or used versions (which might cost a lot with shipping) F.ex. http://www.priceminister.co.uk/offer/buy/32186997/Hearts-of-Iron-Anthology-Game.html?t=1378140

So (unless the games are extremely expensive in Romania) you are probably better off buying one of them. Seeing as how you are in the HoI 1 forum, I should suggest that ;)
(But if they both cost the same, you should consider whether to get HoI 2 instead)

Also, as jdrou said - the oldest games have no registration feature.