• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

invasionphillip.jpg

the remaining Japanese garrissons were understrength and no match for the hardened Royal Marines, and soon all strategically important locations within the Phillipenes had been occupied.

phillipenes.jpg

These two victories marked a crucial turning point in the War for the Pacific: The Royal Navy’s superior technology and speed had proven to be effective in combat, had scared away the USN and inflicted heavy damage on the Japanese Carrier Fleets. Confident in the RN’s ability, the Channel Pact Joint HQ began planning a series of naval offensives and strategic dismemberment campaigns to break the Japanese hold on their seas. Abandoned by their Western allies and facing a deteriorating situation in the Pacific, the Japanese decided to place naval superiority to a higher priority than their war in China – A move that would soon turn out to be fatal

-----------​

I'll update twice today. Also, I'm referring our contributors to the Collaborate! group, where we are awaiting your response before we can send you the first screenshots ;)

-Vincent

March

March saw the end of Operation Greysand, and with it, the entire war in North-Africa.
Pointe-Noire, the last remaining territory of the Free French was attacked by a joint force of British Colonial Forces, German Afrika Korps and Iraqi volunteers from the ME.

operationgreysandwin.jpg

The remaining French, American and Italian defenders were completely annihilated. The Channel Pact had won the war in Africa, and with it, took control of an entire continent

africaoccupied.jpg

Whatever was left of the former European Allied governments fled to the neutral Belgian Congo, or to the Japanese Empire.

In Asia, the encirclement of Indochina had been succesfull, and the Japanese army’s worst nightmare had come true: Over 120 divisions were now firmly trapped in Siam, and the Siege of Singapore was seriously endangered.

easternfrontmarchh.jpg

This is a great AAR. Have you ever thought of compiling it into one post? Or a word doc.

Well, the AAR is already compiled in a word .doc, it's where I'm copypasting the updates from ;). I understand the popular trend right now is to go .PDF after the AAR is finished, so we might do that when The Channel Pact has finished. But the word doc we're posting from will need updating and high-res pictures added before we can compile it, so that's something for later.

-Vincent

Must have missed something again but why is Belgium neutral. Didn't you invade them?

We did, but the Belgian Capitulation event fired, ceding control of all of European Belgium to us, and making peace. Thus, Belgium remains strong in the Congo and is neutral (for now ;) ). Come to think of it, Belgium is the only independent nation in whole Europe and Africa right now :eek:.

Another quick question: where can I find that naval sprite mod. They look so much more awesome than the stock ones.

They're BeBro's awesome sprites. Find them here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=319711

-Vincent

By the end of March, Weiss’s India Formation had pushed through to Moulmein, and made a failed attempt at attacking Bangkok. With the country on the verge of collapse, the Royal Navy launched a massive naval attack on Bangkok.

invasionbangkok.jpg

Bangkok fell, along with the adjacant province of Thom Buri, cutting all supplies from Siam to the attacking force in Malaysia. Heavy war destructions, corruption and defeats on all fronts finally led to the collapse of the government of Siam: Most Siamese armies deserted or surrendered to Pact Forces, and all remaining divisions were placed under Japanese control.

collapseofsiam.jpg

------------​

And Vichy's Corsica.

Yeah, but Corsica was occupied later on methinks. Anyhow, that would make Belgium the longest surviving free country in Europe, Asia and Africa :)

Btw, can we see which german ships have so far been named?

ColossusCrusher has already got his ship, and Black Guardian and Enewald have each been promised a carrier for their activity and support in the Reader Group.
But remember that everything updated here is actually played months ago, so a little patience. ;)

So as I can make it out, you invaded Bangkok and then pulled your forces from there back to Thom Buri?

Yeah, i was wondering myself what happened there. In gameterms, I landed on Bangkok and moved to Thom Buri without leaving the province defended (Southern-Siam didn't have any divisions capable of moving anyway, we bombed them all flat). then, all of sudden while we and Japan were fighting a life or death struggle, Siam thinks it's a bright idea to go "Siamese surrender" event on us, making Siam a neutral country. Obviously, this made absolutely no sense as Indochina had over 240 foreign divisions in it, making for that really screwed map. In the AAR, I explain it as the Siamese government collapsing, but make of it what you will. Besides, it will all be nice and pink soon. Japan is crumbling, crumbling :D

Besides, we've updated the reader's Group with the last of the making of's. That, and I am proud to announce that our Collaborators are gearing up for writing. I haven't seen any stories yet, but I have heard promising things along the lines of "German commando knifefights in the jungles of the carribean" and "Big land battle, naval and air support, full-out war". I am eager to see the results ;)

Oh and to the contributors: Don't post any story information in the 'Collaborate!' Group, since all non-members can view the information too.

Cheers
-Vincent & Laurence

Last edited:
Hiro Hito must be quite afraid at this time of the war...

Quick question, how much IC can be found on the world at the moment? Standard HOI2 has about 1900 IC. In Moomsday it must be through the roof. Brazil 600:eek:

In '43 the USA has 1245/307 IC :eek:
Canada 144/30 IC
Mexico 100/20 IC
Brazil 372/35 IC
Argentinia 186/25 IC

In '44 we beefed them up even more, especially the USA and Brasil. :D

-Laurence

Last edited:
Quick question, how much IC can be found on the world at the moment? Standard HOI2 has about 1900 IC. In Moomsday it must be through the roof. Brazil 600:eek:

Well, the base IC is the same as it normally is (in '44), the only thing we beefed was an over-the-top industrial effiency modifier, giving for the same base IC but a quadripled available IC for the AI. For the US, this would come down to a 600% modifier I think, 2400 available out of 307 base (yes, we doubled it again :eek:. Probably not a good idea, but, who cares, massive battles ensue!). Mexico and Brazil just have more modifiers since they have less base IC (Brazil has 600 available out of 35 base if I'm not mistaken). At this point in the AAR, you don't notice too much of it, but this will change... so fast :eek:

gerdefeat3.jpg

They sunk the KMS Channel pact ! You monsters! -Laurence

To give you an idea: We are in pain. We are in deep, deep pain.

EDIT: Apparently, Laurence beat me to it :). His numbers for '43 are correct, but you can double those for '45 :eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.