• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So tonight we shall reach the magic year of 1939 and we shall see strange things happening in the east. Soviet Union may show it's military might or just sit back and let rest of the world to do their dirty work for them. So stay tuned.

sweet, cant wait.

I've got to see this. :)

does zhukov die in the purge event? he didnt in real life, seems a bit silly to put that in the game.

does zhukov die in the purge event? he didnt in real life, seems a bit silly to put that in the game.

wikia said:
170 military leaders. 60 historical leaders will be killed, in addition to 110 randomly selected leaders. Additionally, lose six ministers and two technology teams.

So there is a chance that he dies.
he can die according to wikia said:
Saving historical leaders (such as Zhukov) that may have be randomly purged by the event

Wikia said:
Tech team Alksnis, level 6, is the only team that can research air doctrines until 1940

It is said:
Tech team Tukhachevsky, level 5, is better than Shaposhnikov

I need Comrade Berzin =) said:
Minister Berzin, Head of Intelligence, is the only minister who provides a 5% research bonus

Though i don't uses him but still said:
Minister Alksnis, Chief of Air Force, is the only minister who provides bonuses for fighters and interceptors.

It really depends on how you want to play if you want to play historical then ofcourse you do the purge but i like to keep the officers. Also as i said i have made some own leaders that i like to keep and one of them that i had named after me was on the list of the purged ones :mad:

I try to get the big update today but i have to get my hair done before that.

Actually there was not even a single barbershop that was open and now the King Alchol has made me his Knight and the Club calls me...

So update comes tomorrow.

Chapter 5: Deal to seal the fate of many

August 23th 1939

The German and Soviet officials met in Moscow to sign a treaty that would sign the fate of Poland, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia and Finland.
molo.jpg

August 30th, 1939

Seven days later Germany declared war on Poland and it's new allies.
war-1.jpg

The world war two had just begun.

September 17th, 1939, Soviet-Polish border

General Borodin sat in his quarters reading a letter from Moscow. "Ivanovich!" He yelled. "Yes General?" Ivanovich asked from the other room. "Send word to all armies on the Polish border that they need to prepare for an attack" Borodin said. "What?" Ivanovich said. "We are invading Poland tomorrow!" Borodin yelled.
invasion.jpg

Soviet forces quickly moved to the eastern regions of Poland while the main army of Poland was fighting against the German invaders.
map-3.jpg

October 11th 1939

Last of the Polish armies had been destroyed and Poland was partitioned as it was agreed.
deal.jpg

At the same day Soviet Union stated that Baltic states are now considered to be on their sphere of interest and deals were struck with them to gain their trust.
baltic.jpg

Chapter 6: They dare to refuse us? Attack!

November 30th 1939

Soviet Union kindly asked Finland to cede provinces of Viipuri and Sortavala to the Soviet Union but these demands were coldly refused.
fin.jpg

After Stalin heard the news he was furious and declared war on Finland. The armies on the border were ordered to regroup and prepare for an attack in February while Air Marshall Lysenko led huge bombing operations against the border provinces.
bomd.jpg

Soviet submarines and Baltic fleet was ordered to blockade sea routes leading to Finland.

February 2nd 1940, Kem

Stainovich was stationed in Kem with his tanks. He had received orders that they were to attack Joensuu that day together with armies of Field Marshall Melekhin in Petrosvodsk and the armies of Belikof in Kem.
stain.jpg

There were only three divisions of Finnish troops stationed in Joensuu under General Haapala.
joensuu.jpg

The battle went on for four days before the Soviet troops pushed trough the defense of Haapala's armies.

February 10th 1940, Joensuu

Only five days had gone since the occupation of Joensuu and allready Stainovich had received new orders to assist Field Marshall Melekhin on his attack to Sortavala.
sorta.jpg

Battle of Sortavala was won by the Soviet armies later that same day.

February 12th 1940

Soviet troops attacked Finnish armies in Kajaani and Petsamo.
petsa.jpg

After the victories in Kajaani and Petsamo, Field Marshall Melekhin ordered the troops to move deeper in to the heart of Finland. Attacks to Jyväskylä, Rovaniemi and Mikkeli were made.
jyvs.jpg

May 2nd 1940

Germany had began an full scaled attack against the Benelux nations.
ben.jpg

May 4th 1940

Finland accepted the peace proposal of Soviet Union where they were to give Viipuri and Sortavala to Soviet Union.
end.jpg

In the East Japan had created an collaborative state in China to help in the fight against Nationalist China.
china-2.jpg

May 29th 1940

After the successful war in Finland Soviet Union pressed her claims on the Baltic States.

All three of the were annexed peacefully and become part of the Soviet Union.
baltic-1.jpg

June 2nd 1940

German armies had made their way to Paris.
vichy.jpg

Though France had been defeated in France they were still in control of their colonies in Africa.
free.jpg

June 28th 1940

Next in line for Soviet claims was Romania. In June 28th Soviet union claimed that Bessarabia was legally part of Soviet Union.
rom.jpg

Romanians had no choice than to accept.

Soviet Union had won great victories and had now mobilized an huge army on the former regions of Poland and the border of Germany. 101 armies and 157 divisions had been ordered to stay in the Polish regions alone.

Stalin wanted to show the world that no one messes with Soviet Union. Every day more divisions were issued. Planes were constructed all over the Soviet factories. Stalin wanted to hold a strong presence in Manchurian border as well as in Estonia and the Finnish border.
army.jpg

Good old Enewald isn't going to be amused...

Good old Enewald isn't going to be amused...

Well he should be happy that i spared Finland for dessert.

My heart bleeds, my soul burns and I am depressed.
Saatana, miksi minua näin vittumaisesti koettelet????

Hmmm

Also i currently have almost 300+ divs and according to the 7 soviet spies in Germany they only have 120+ divisions.

you may have said, but are you using a mod or what? some of those events you are getting are bloody sweet.