• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And now this is a blood feud. Wonderful.

EmperorSimon said:
So it beings very nice start really would like to see the map of the world during this period.
You know, I was about to ask for that. It would be good to see the initial setup.

Taking A Second Seat

Wow, only a couple of days into this AAR and I'm already feeling the crunch of having 2 AARs going at the same time. I'm the type of person who likes to update his AARs frequently. And if I try to write two, then each will be updated about once a week. I'm not the type of person who wants AARs that update once a week.

Anyway due to watching Lord Of The Rings and listening to epic folk metal( :p ), I feel the need to concentrate more on my Chronicles of Arthodhos story in the OT than on this AAR. This does not mean this is dead or even on hold. But rather that it is taking a second stage to the Chronicles. Which basically means, when I have time for an update, I'm writing the Chronicles one first, and any extra time that day is for this.

I'm sorry if you were really excited for consistent updating in this AAR, I hope you can enjoy the Chronicles instead. But I feel, if I am try to write updates for this, while I am not interested in it (at the moment), then the updates will be rushed and lackluster. So instead of trying to handle 2 AARs, both rushed and one lacking in interest, I will put the Chronicles at the front and make this a secondary AAR, for the time being.

sorry, try to enjoy Chronicles instead :( ,
:) asd

asd21593 said:
Taking A Second Seat

Wow, only a couple of days into this AAR and I'm already feeling the crunch of having 2 AARs going at the same time. I'm the type of person who likes to update his AARs frequently. And if I try to write two, then each will be updated about once a week. I'm not the type of person who wants AARs that update once a week.

Anyway due to watching Lord Of The Rings and listening to epic folk metal( :p ), I feel the need to concentrate more on my Chronicles of Arthodhos story in the OT than on this AAR. This does not mean this is dead or even on hold. But rather that it is taking a second stage to the Chronicles. Which basically means, when I have time for an update, I'm writing the Chronicles one first, and any extra time that day is for this.

I'm sorry if you were really excited for consistent updating in this AAR, I hope you can enjoy the Chronicles instead. But I feel, if I am try to write updates for this, while I am not interested in it (at the moment), then the updates will be rushed and lackluster. So instead of trying to handle 2 AARs, both rushed and one lacking in interest, I will put the Chronicles at the front and make this a secondary AAR, for the time being.

sorry, try to enjoy Chronicles instead :( ,

we wait with impatience :p

Chapter Two: War (1 of 4)

Nika! The Rise Of Modern Greece: Part II

War: I

brando_the_godfather.jpg

(Mood Music)

The three men sat around a table in cigarette-smoke filled room. Dimitrios and his two sons, Vasilios and Stefanos were each battle-hardened mobsters, who had each experienced their fair share of grief. They were taught to easily get over death, even their own brother’s. Merely four days after the funeral of Antonis Alexiou, the three men were now discussing the inevitable crime war against the Lekkas family.

“Do we know who the murderer is yet?” said Dimitrios, the Godfather of the Alexiou family.

“No” said Vasilios Alexiou, the new heir to the Alexiou throne.

“Do we even know the ****ing motive?!” shouted Stefanos, the youngest Alexiou son. He was a bit of a potty-mouth, known for his wild temper.

“Once again, no” replied Vasilios. He was always the cleverer one, and much calmer too.

“You know, you don’t have to say it like I’m a ****ing retarded dog!” shouted Stefanos.

“But you are!” said Vasilios. It was evident that their childish rivalries existed even now, during their 20’s. Of course, the death of their eldest brother helped irritate them as well.

“Both of you shut up!” shouted Dimitrios, using his stern fatherly voice once again.

“Now, listen up, we all know the Lekkas are a powerful family. Those city-dwellers have more money than us, yet we have more manpower. We need to go to the police immediately and ensure we can get their corrupt asses on our side, with the proper price of course. I want both of you to go negotiate with the police tonight, ok?”

“Yes, father” Vasilios and Stefanos replied, in unison.

“And don’t start fighting and **** it up like children!” Dimitrios shouted.

So the three men put out their cigarettes and turned on the radio for some calming music to sooth their souls. Vasilios’ finger turned the knob through the stations, creating a cacophony of different sounds. But something caught Dimitrios’ ear.

“Wait, stop changing the stations” he said as Vasilios paused on the national news radio station.

“The date is June 11th 1936....Ladies and Gentlemen; Emperor John II has officially declared war on the United Italian Front along with our friendly allies, Austria-Hungary. His statement is as follows: ”

As we all know, the Italian tyrant Mussolini has formed a “United Italian Front” to unite Italy and “throw out invaders.” He is nothing more than a liar and an evil dictator. However, his weak mind has amassed a massive army to unite the free Italian states by force. He has attacked our gracious allies Tuscany and Austria. This cannot be ignored. We cannot allow a ruthless man to attack our allies and take over an entire land, only to destroy his surroundings. This is why the Empire Of Greece declares war upon this “United Italian Front.”

A smirk came across Dimitrios’ face: “And so, with our war beginning, so does our nation’s.”

Well, it seems the OT is closed for the time being. So much for Arthodhos story (for now). With this extra time, enjoy the above update. The next one will be a historical one, focusing on the new Italian War.

comments appreciated,

I like the new idea of Greek Crime families, I also like the way it is written, I fellowed up the last one and enjoyed it allot, great job ASD keep it up.

Thanks gis,

I'm still concerned if the mood music fits the updates. I mean I love the music, but does it fit with the mood of the update? Thoughts?

WARNING: Great Progressive Metal in the next update ;) , the title of the song is very suited to the update! :cool:

comments appreciated,

Last edited:
History Interlude

History Interlude: The Italian War - 1

Ac.athens44.jpg

(Mood Music)

On June 11th 1936, Emperor John II declared war on Mussolini and his “United Italian Front.” The main reasons for this were the fact that a united Italy would threaten Greece’s position as the Mediterranean powerhouse. Also, Italy attacked Greek puppet Tuscany and ally Austria just days before. The United Italian Front was a coalition of the fractured divided Italian states, aside from the Greek puppet Tuscany. The Greeks made a single strike at the main Italian harbor, Taranto. There lay most of Italy’s ships and it was a major financial center.

ss1zh5.png

Just hours after the declaration of war, Greek ships departed from Kerkira and for Taranto. They reached the port in the early morning of June 12th and the assault began. Greek planes flew off primitive aircraft carriers and bombed the city and port. It was brutal, yet effective in startling the Italian people and military.

After the bombing had ended, the Greek fleet moved into the harbor the next day to finish off the damaged Italian fleet. The Italian ships were packed in the harbor and had already been severely damaged by the Greek bombing. The reason for the Greek admirals delaying a naval attack a day was to give the Italians the idea that the Greeks only sent planes to bomb them, and not a full fleet. Thus, when the Greek ships moved into Taranto Harbor, it caught the Italians completely off-guard, while they were repairing their brutalized ships.

Pearl_Harbor.jpg

After destroying the harbor and the ships in it, killing thousands, the Greeks sent in their troops. Over 100,000 Greek troops landed on the “boot” of Italy and set up positions. Supported by plane and naval bombings, they easily destroyed the Italian defenses. The Austrians also made an amphibious landing on the east coast of Italy. It would later help the advancing Greek troops, by surrounding the Italians from behind.

However, in the North, the Italians fared much better against the Greek allies. First, they easily conquered Tuscany, marching into Florence without a fight. The inhabitants of Tuscany wanted a united Italy. The Greek-Italian “royal” family of Tuscany was publicly hanged to a cheering crowd. This was just the first of the many woes to the Alliance’s defense in the North.

The Italians advanced further into Austrian Lombardy and Northern Italy. They captured Milan, also without a fight. The idea of a united Italy was popular universally throughout Italy. Uprisings grew in every Italian city and the Austrians were forced to retreat out of Italy.

However, as the winter of 1936 closed in, the Austrians found themselves stranded and ill-suited to survive in the Alps. The Italians took advantage of this and launched a rare winter offensive into both the Alps and Croatia. Defeating the Austrians at every major battle, the Italians were in the Austrian heartland by December.

Interesting, I didn't know the Greeks used Japanese bombers... ;)

Good job with the ambush at Taranto, and in the invasion of Italy. Looks like the Catepanate is back in Greek hands... :)

Still no comments on the mood music, I just want to know if it fits the updates right?

On a side note, history updates cover much more time than the narratives. For example, if a history update covers, say, 1930-1935, a narrative update can be way back in 1932 still. Just to avoid any confusion.

The OT is still closed, so that means more updates for this AAR!

Chapter Two

War: II

180px-Inzerillo_murdered.jpg

(Mood Music)

“I’m sorry boys, we’re already bought” said the policeman.

“Bull****! You’re just being pussies who don’t want to get hurt!” said Stefanos, opening his big mouth.

“We can arrest you right now, if we want to!” replied the police.

“Stefanos, shut up and let me handle it” murmured Vasilios under his breath.

“Alright guys, we’ll pay 50,000 to each of you, as long as you get the police to start raiding the Lekkas, deal?”

“That’s much to low, you want the entire police force to crack down on the Lekkas, and you’re only offering 50,000 each! Give us 100,000 each and we’ll consider it” said the two chubby policemen.

Immediately, before anything could come out of Stefanos’ loud mouth, Vasilios pulled him to the side.

“Listen, we need these guys on our side. We both know that the police control who wins. Whoever supplies them with the most money and drugs will win this war, you know that!” said Vasilios.

“Oh come on! We can take the Lekkas without police help” said Stefanos.

“But not with the police on their side!” whispered Vasilios.

“Fine!”

“Ok, you got it, 100,000 each” said Vasilios.

“No” said the policemen.

“What?!” shouted Stefanos.

“We don’t want to get involved” they replied with a cold demeanor.

“You fat f*****g slobs!” screamed Stefanos.

“You know what, I think we will arrest you guys, after all we have weapons, you don’t” laughed the police.

“That’s what you f*****g think!” and Stefanos pulled out his hidden pistol and fired a shot at the fatter policeman.

This gave Vasilios the chance to pull out his gun and shoot the other policeman in the leg. Blood already spurted forth from their wounds.

“Sh**!” screamed the two men in agony.

“Ready to die!” said Stefanos, just before he put a bullet in each man’s forehead.

“Sh**, we need to clean this blood” said Vasilios. “Come on, let’s get rid of these bodies and get home, don’t attract attention!”

Wow, that went foul pretty quickly. Two murders, and police officers no less. Stefanos and Vasilios are gonna be in hot water pretty soon.

Delex said:
What about that, that you actually convert the save to hoi 2 and show the AAR then?

I don't really know what you mean?

-----

I just want to notify everyone that even though I'm off from school tomorrow, there will be few updates. Combine Orthodox Holy Week and Easter observances with a MASSIVE English project, and you get a disastrous "vacation." Needless to say, I have a lot of work ahead of me...

sorry,

Good luck with your work.

Mood music - ominous.

Shooting policemen - never a good idea.

asd21593 said:
I don't really know what you mean?

-----

I just want to notify everyone that even though I'm off from school tomorrow, there will be few updates. Combine Orthodox Holy Week and Easter observances with a MASSIVE English project, and you get a disastrous "vacation." Needless to say, I have a lot of work ahead of me...

sorry,
Ah well, it happens. Write when you get the chance and I will be waiting for the update. ;)