• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

In June 1426, the war between Aragon and the Valois House ended with a new defeat for the Valois. However, Aragon did not do what I was afraid to see them doing. They did not took lands. They decided to free the French region of Guyenne !

This done, now the Valois are no more a threat to anyone ! Their claims have changed... They don't claim the French crown anymore, they just claim the right to save their own asses ! :D

The Valois are now cut in three !

By August of this same year, the Bearn had also free itself...

In October, at last the Heir become old enough to become the new king. It was now time to plan for my revenge against those nasty Bourguignons !

Henry VI's objective was to plan this for July 1427. Until then, I was developp my King's Army and pay our last depts before engaging in this new war.

Of course, some events could only go into my King's best interests. The Bourguignons had been at peace for almost 3 years in 1427. It was way too much for those warmongers. That's why they decided to start a new war in the Holy Roman Empire in february 1427. At war now with half the HRE (!), it will be a good time to strike in the begining of next year !

By October 1427, I was at last ready to strike (two month late... :eek:o). By the third day of this month, my King's troops entered in Picardie. As the Emperor (Bohemia) decided to come to protect the Bourguignons, Aragon and Portugal declared war on those fools and entered the war on my side !

One day all of this will end very badly for the Bourguignons...
They might end at the end of a rope !
(click on the picture for a better view)

In december, the war had just started. However, the Lancasters forces had already moved deeply into Burgundy's territory.

The two Kingdoms in december 1427

Last edited:

1428 - 1429 : Time for a Lancaster revenge ! Part II

By March 1428, my two mighty Cavalries armies attacked from the east and the south the city of Calais. The 11 Burgundian units besieging Calais were crushed without any possibility to flee !

By June of this same year, every European Family that once lost some members because of the war the Bourguignon Family made were at war against them to also seek revenge !

100619020331930607.jpg

Almost the whole Europe is now at war against the Bourguignon House

In November, Burgundy was totally beaten and unable to fight anymore. When I proposed them peace, they accepted it, even with those terrible terms that meant the end of their power !!!

The war in November 1st, 1428

The november 1428 peace treaty with the Bourguignon House

I now had to fight the war against Bohemia... In the three last weeks of this same month, the 15 units sent by the Emperor to fight the Lancasters were destroyed, without anywere to flee because of the last peace treaty. In december they asked for a white peace, and I accepted it. To punish them for their intervention into a war strictly in the French Kingdom, three territories I had just won from Burgundy (Valenciennes, Barrois and Metz) left the Holy Roman Empire.

However the war was still raging in Burgundy. By the end of november of this same year, Flanders declared its independance from them.

In January 1429, I was in peace once again, and perfectly secured now. In the last five years, the Valois and Bourguignon Families had lost all their assets on which they were where building to be able to fight for the French crown !

Worse ! In just 18 months, the Bourguignons went from one of the most powerfull families in Europe and in France to having lost almost everything...

Payback is a b**** !

The year 1429 was as bad as 1428 for the Bourguignons. By December 1429, they were just holding on 41% of the territories they were holding 12 months before (7 provinces compared to 17 one year before). And on those 7 provinces left, three were still under military control from one of their ennemies. And they were still at war.

100619024212822610.jpg

The two Kingdoms in december 1429

Great job! The only thing left to do is to take Paris! Also, I say you should attack the blue country in Southern France. (Is that Guyenne?)

1430 - 1431 : Scotland !

In early 1430, it was time for me to look at the overall situation. I do not have strong competitors left able to beat me on one on one anymore. However it doesn't mean the task is finished. I rule on about 1/3 of France. I still have to at least vassalize or to conquer most of France AND conquer/vassalize Scotland to accomplish my goals before 1453. Looking at my infamy, this is simply impossible. If I try to conquer everything in the next 23 years, I'll see a coalition of every single European country or State at war against me.

However I can at least destroy one threat really easily. The regency council gave me the mission to vassalize Scotland, and it seems my King do agree.

Scotland will then be my next goal. And this sounds really logical, as the Scotish signed an alliance with the Valois and Aragon. I do not know which side Aragon would take if there were a war between Scotland and England, however I know that I still can't allow to see the Valois and Scotland allied.

In april 1430, the perfect occasion happens. The Valois and Aragon declared war against Guyenne. As they will be busy for some weeks, launching my attack against Scotland would be the perfect time.

That said, on april 30th, I officially declared war to Scotland, with all my troops stationned in France. After all, there was the most probable threat.

Aragon decided to end our alliance, but did not declared war on England. The Valois however did. My plan was now obvious : crushing the Valois as fast as possible and then sending my troops in Scotland.

By October, Valois resistance around Ile de France was entirely crushed. It was time to split my armies in two parts : half would go back to england to fight the Scotts, the other half would go south to fight in southern France the remaining Valois forces.

In the end of 1430, it was obvious the war was won. It was just a matter of time before the final victory.

Next to this war, the Bourguignons finally signed peace with their ennemies. They only had 4 territories owned, all of them in revolt (between 19 to 25% of revolt risk for all of them, even their capital !)

The year 1431 was mostly about taking control of cities. By December, I finished to crontrol all of them and then was able to sign peace treaties.

Scotland became my vassal

And the Valois had to abandon ALL THEIR CLAIMS on all the territories they don't control

The two Kingdoms in december 1431

Last edited:
Sorry guys I was playing and writing when you answered :)

Wow, great progress. Now the big question is what to do after there's no France?!?! :eek:

That is THE big question :D well my idea at the begining was that I wanted only to focus on the hundred years war (and win it of course !) so in theory this AAR is supposed to end when the "two kingdoms" are under "one crown" :) but I still have time to think about it ;)

Great job! The only thing left to do is to take Paris! Also, I say you should attack the blue country in Southern France. (Is that Guyenne?)

It is Guyenne. I think my next war on the Valois will be done to annex paris. I think I should be allowed to do it if I do a "reconquest" war;

annex orleans and the three provinces east of Ile-de-france and vassalise the rest of the frenchies and become the superpower of the west!

That is exactly the plan ;) However I begin to wonder... How cool would be a map with the exact modern French borders in red ? :D

Why not go further. Conquer Aragon and the Lowlands and extend the Kingdom of France up to the Rhine! Traditional French ambitions :)

modern day france borders red? it would be oen single word: AWSOMEPICNESS!:rofl:

Why not go further. Conquer Aragon and the Lowlands and extend the Kingdom of France up to the Rhine! Traditional French ambitions :)

Mmh... then why not doing this AAR in two parts ? This one is supposed to focus on the hundred years war and to be "medieval"... To continue with this kind of ambitions would not seem right on this AAR :) the "natural french borders" as I like to call them (after all that's what they are !!! we just did not succeeded at keeping them :)) always look nicer :) so why not your idea Goosey...

However one thing is for sure I won't turn this in an "conquer the world AAR". I don't like it (And it would be a suicide on very hard I think :D)

1432 - 1434 : consolidations

The years 1432 and 1433 have been pretty calm. The only event was that I signed a new alliance with Aragon in 1432.

In november 1433, the truce with the Bourguignon Family ended. This was important to me because François Ier de Bourgogne was still excummunicated. Then, a new conquest against them was low in consequences ! So I decided to go to war once again against Burgundy.

Eleven month later, the war was over.

The peace treaty of 1434

Until now, I still managed to keep my infamy down... I might not be able to do that in the future I don't have a lot of rightfull reasons now to continue my wars... That's bad !

The two Kingdoms in december 1434

Last edited:

1435 - 1437 : a growing wish of peace in France

1435 was a new very calm year. I used this quiet time for some developpment. I now have a lot of money in reserve. I used this money to build churches everywhere in Ireland.

I had still some opportunities that I had to use. For example, Picardie was still a land that I claimed and currently owned by Flanders, themselves allied with Holland and Frise. Those peacefull years in France were the perfect moment to intervene outside of the kingdom (for the first time !). And it would not cost me any infamy as this would be a "reconquest" casus belli.

In January 1436, my troops began to cross the border with Flanders.

If everything goes right, this war should be short

During the first months, I had several defeats, as I did not expected them to have such strongs armies (together they had 35,000 troops !). Until July I had to retreat several times while I was gathering more troops across the Kingdom.

Then when I started landing everywhere in the same time, it took several months to win the deal. In October, Flanders surendered and gave my Picardie. Then Friesland and Holland conceded victory in December.

Then arrived the "peaceful" year of 1437. In reality, the war was once again in the French Kingdom. And this time, those war would change forever France. In August, the Bourguignon House had lost all their rights and privileges ! The lord of Auvergne indeed annexed the province of Bourgogne and sent the Bourguignon Family in exil out of the Kingdom ! Their is no lower point for this Family, who betrayed for years almost every lord in Europe to protect their grand foolish idea to put a Bourguignon as King of France !

In every street in every city across France and England, people are talking
about how lords became peasants after betraying tons of other noble families

In December 1437, as all the less important lords in France are fighting together, the Lancaster Family is the sole promise of peace inside the Kingdom. For this reason, more and more French people begin to support a Lancaster King for a unified France.

The two Kingdoms in december 1437

Last edited:
I say take the south in the first war, then the north in the second. (This is assuming you won't be able to annex France fully in the first war.) After that, crush the minor kingdoms! The Lancasters must have sole rule over France! :cool:

1438 - 1441 : The last crusade Part I

(As the AAR continue, there will be more and more years played per update. This AAR was focused on the Hundred years war, and I obviously won it. It is just a matter of time until I control all France. So now I'll probably do 4 years per update)

In early 1438, Englanders were asking for blood ! For too long the Valois House was responsible for the death of England people. Now it was time to end their rule on parts of the French Kingdom.

In March, I declared once again of the Valois.

One year later, I was unfortunately unable to ask for Ile de France. So I took two pieces of land. This move was highly risky (Gaining 8 infamy points) but I have to move on !!!

The year 1439 was mostly about building Churches across France.

In June 1440, a far away event had a direct impact on the two kingdoms. The Ottomans declared war on Byzantium, which was under my guarantee !

My king had no hesitation. Even if this would be the last crusade, Constantinople shall not fell !!!

However it was no use... By april 1441, Constantinople fell and was annexed... However I still had hopes that I could liberate them !!!

In december 1441, the war still only starting. it's a long way until Asia Minor from France ! And bringing lots of troops is hard in the middle age...

The war in december 1441

The two Kingdoms in 1441

Last edited:
I say take the south in the first war, then the north in the second. (This is assuming you won't be able to annex France fully in the first war.) After that, crush the minor kingdoms! The Lancasters must have sole rule over France! :cool:

Too late :) but I might conquer Paris without taking the South now... let's see how this southern war is going.

And I'm still at 22.5 infamy on 23 allowed for me so I must take precautions now.