• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

schmoemi

Second Lieutenant
10 Badges
Aug 27, 2009
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
I did it. I packed all of the newer contributions + some of my own stuff together to create something like the 1914 mod v0.44alpha.

The package is for HoI2 Doomsday but should also work with Armageddon up to v1.2 if the ARM_commppack is used.

What's new?

- added generic translations in .csv-files
- german translation by me, although this is far from completion
- compatibiliy with the JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler
- additional division pics by igro_bel, Melkor89 and me
- redesigned techtrees (naval, land doctrine, naval doctrine)
- more tech teams, ministers, leaders, pictures...

Download <here>

Great, schmoemi. Have you added materials of the dev-Version (0.53) also?

I'm sorry but, no. I have (had) no access to that files. In fact, I even don't know anything about the dev team and its current members.

Can you please make it as a rar ? :)
Thank you very much for your work.
By the way, I intend to include a 1914 scenario in WIF2. I will ask you for permission if I am willing to use some of 1914s work. :)
I made it a self-extracting archive for independence from any specific archive software. I'm using 7zip btw, but the software is not able to create .rar-archives. Besides .7z only .tar & .zip. But the latter's compression rate is not very good.

Could you please just use WinRar, almost everyone should have it.
7-zip is freeware, WinRAR isn't. And there is always the option to create self-extracting archives. I actually don't see the point...

Thank you very much for your compilation. I was just wondering, what are your installation instructions? Do I need to download .43, or just your .44?

Just follow the link in the first post.

Do you guys want the 0.5 betas? In a compulsive nightmare, I downloaded everything I could find :D

So grateful the mod is being continued. :D :D

I'll upload them now, do you also want Panda.zip's AI improvements, and WWI sprites for this era?

*Edit

You get all three.. :D

Here: http://www.filefront.com/16320637/1914-0.5-betas.rar/

Last edited:
Guys I just give it a try now and well... sounds cool.

I have a few questions at the moment:
- Can you play in between the 2 wars? sounds like a good concept but I wonder how the game would handle then the 2nd world war... Certainly badly.
- This 0.5 beta looks less voluminous than the 0.43 download... Is it some sort of patch or an independant version?

Okay more feedback when I will have played one game...

Guys I just give it a try now and well... sounds cool.

I have a few questions at the moment:
- Can you play in between the 2 wars? sounds like a good concept but I wonder how the game would handle then the 2nd world war... Certainly badly.
- This 0.5 beta looks less voluminous than the 0.43 download... Is it some sort of patch or an independant version?

Okay more feedback when I will have played one game...

The tech tree end in 1920, and i think the event so.

The tech tree end in 1920, and i think the event so.

I thought there was some techs (secret techs) with historical years of 1924-25? Playing in between the wars to a certain point would be nice though, give you room to watch your post-war empire and its successes. Plus for those that want to create a global communist revolution this would be nice. :D

Damaged 0.44 exe-file

First of all, i would send my greetings to schoemi and all the other active modders. Thanks for your work and your energy, to keep this mod alive. Please check your 0.44 exe-file for errors. I've downloaded the file two times, but every time, i have started the self-extracting process i received more than 9000 errors. I'm sorry, but more than 90% of the included files are displayed as unknown file format(unable to extract) or damaged header. By the way i'm currently working on new tech-pictures and some other improvements.

It's way past my bedtime, but I've decided to help you clowns out :D
Here are a few things I've noticed:

1) you need to create a 'save games' folder in the install exe, otherwise you won't have one, since the 'scenarios' folder requires deletion as per installment of mod 1914. It needs to be there or you get an error message and a game freeze when you try to save the game.

2) Why are the vanilla HoI 2 scenarios still there, with -remove after them (example 1936.eug-remove) ? In the install instructions for 1914, the scenarios folder is manually deleted!:p

3) I think in the config folder, the messages.csv *might* need updating, or at least updating to Arm compatibility (for DD I don't know). There were a few "unknown string wanted" ingame messages, when hovering the mouse pointer over the money icon (around the supplies, rares, metal, energy, top of the screen when viewing the main map) and other areas also. They all fixed themselves except one (money icon, had one "unknown string wanted") when I replaced current messages.csv with most recent one for vanilla Arm.

4) There are a congillion I think 1914 scenario bars (?) when picking which scenario you want to play (1897, 1911, 1914, 1917). I think it was the 1914 scenario, but I'm not definately sure. That and there's some thing at the top, also when viewing possible scenarios to play (it might be some multiplayer icon, but I'm not sure), but when you click on it, the game freezes.

so from the .5 betas folder I only need to install the 0.50.2 reworked rar, which has all of the other versions in it even though they are each included as well? Also which panda.zip should I use as the final version the 1914AI or 1914_AI?
edit: in the ww1 sprite pack there's a missing /gfx/palette/...bmp file that's giving me an error at start up, other sprites work ok

Last edited:
Just download this here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11056159&postcount=1

I also think besides "messages.csv", "new_text.csv" needs replacing too, that of which being the vanilla arm file. I'll have to run up a new game to check. Over all this 0.44 seems good, real good. I like the 'mopped up' tech trees.

*Edit

I think 1914AI is newer than 1914_AI.

Last edited: