• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The English Navy is currently not in the need for a new admiral but I can offer you to sail on one of the ships as a captain to gain more experience. If our navy expands as it currently does then we will be needing more admirals quite soon. You could be sailing on one of the heavy ships of the Royal Navy or on board of one of the trading ships.

~ Elizabeth Talbot, Queen of England, Archduchess of Austria, Duchess of Aquitaine and Duchess of Normandy
To Queen Elizabeth Talbot.

I will take you up on that offer to be a captain on one of the ships, I will leave in a weeks time and go on to the ship that the admiral will have chosen, hopefully it will be a light ship as I am most familiar with them and would be able to captain at the best of my ability. I will also be captaining that ship in any future wars that we face. Thank you for the opportunity, your majesty I will not disappoint you.

From Edward Andrews.

((Thanks for telling me, stat focus will be maneuver. In wars, will it be like Walpole, with RNG to see if i get injured.
Also what is the current admirals name?))

Your Grace,
I suggest that your son Prince Matthew should rightfully be given a title for his loyalty to the English crown. As such, he should be rewarded with the Duchy of Normandy as a title. That is all.

((Thanks for telling me, stat focus will be maneuver. In wars, will it be like Walpole, with RNG to see if i get injured.
Also what is the current admirals name?))
((England only has 1 leader slot in-game at the moment and this leader slot is given to a general. The admiral does not exist in the campaign so he has not been given a name. We can call him Walter Stomp. If there is a naval battle then I'd have an RNG determine if you'd get injured but since we are not at war that would be done in the future.))

Your Grace,
I suggest that your son Prince Matthew should rightfully be given a title for his loyalty to the English crown. As such, he should be rewarded with the Duchy of Normandy as a title. That is all.
((To Thomas Lloyd))
Matthew is the Crown Prince and my legitimate heir. As he is only eight years old, I have not seen it fit to give him a ducal title yet. Once the Chief Consul informs me that he is ready for such a duty then I will of course make him duke, most likely Duke of Aquitaine.

~ Elizabeth Talbot, Queen of England, Archduchess of Austria, Duchess of Aquitaine and Duchess of Normandy

(( thanks to @delpiero1234 and @Lexgrad for taking part, was good fun working to make this mega IC))

The cool autumnal air bit through Ser James's gown, it was going to be a hard winter, he mused. He was outside currently tending to the Prince, teaching him the different strategies of war. The prince was surprisingly quite quick at grasping the concepts, easily recognising the pros and cons of forest and plains, and Ser James was just explaining the more foreign forms of land, such as Desert and Mountainous lands. Matthew quickly looked up, and pointed out a figure over yonder, it looked to be that new Bishop, Bedford wasn't. Soon the gentleman was over, and he commenced to speak thusly.

Prince Matthew: (excited) James!! Look, a man is coming!
Ser James: (calm) Indeed it is, let us see what he is coming to us for.
Friar Bedford:"Good day my prince. May I ask what you are learning there?" John walked towards the pair. His white robe and black cappa blew in the wind and he smiled kindly at the young prince.
Prince Matthew:Hello! I’m Matthew! My mother is the Queen (smiles). James is showing me how to be a good military leader because, you know, one day, I’ll be king and I want to be a good king so I need to learn. Now, who are you?
Friar Bedford: Ah and Sir James I think I am right in assuming. The princes guardian. I am friar Bedford. John raises his left hand in blessing to the pair.
Prince Matthew: James, what is a friar?
Ser James: Matthew,A friar is a man of the church, offering advice to all who need it, I recall we met Mr Bedford before, on a more dark occasion than this. But no matter, to what do we owe the pleasure of seeing you this brisk day my Father?
Friar Bedford: "Well I have need to see you both. Perhaps we could talk whilst the prince reads?"
SerJames: I am sure that if it concerns us both, it would do Matthew good to be attentive during our conversation.
Friar Bedford: Well they are both private matters. I wished to speak with you about your wife sir James.
Ser James: (agitated) I see... Matthew, do you mind feeding the ducks whilst me and Friar Bedford discuss this matter?
Friar Bedford: I have a present for you once we are done my prince.
Prince Matthew: Can I go and eat pigeon pie instead? A present?! :)
Ser James: Sure, just be sure to tell me what new flavour Cook has put in, he said he got a special recipe recently, afterwards you may receive your gift.
(Matthew goes inside)

Ser James: so, what needs to be discussed about my wife?
Friar Bedford: Not your wife as such... Fear not sir James you were within your rights to ask. As long as you are at peace with the decision there is no sin that has been committed. I am interested in Bishop Chaffinch's role in the matter was.
Ser James: He merely accepted my position, and unfortunatly it didn't sit well with the Holy Father,whom saw no reason to accept my annulment, thereby he lost Royal Favour.
Friar Bedford: I see. There was nothing he asked for in return for the service? And he did thoroughly investigate the matter?
Ser James: He asked of nothing I recall, and I am not one to know or otherwise question Bishop Chaffinch's methodology.
Friar Bedford: Very well we shall say no more on the matter. Are relations between you both improved? Can I help in any way?
Ser James: The bishop has never expressed any distaste towards me, just mild disappointment over his weakened position. Should i call back the young Prince?
Friar Bedford: I meant between you and your wife.
Ser James: It soured the pill, but she accepted my judgement, and understood from where my accusation had come from
Friar Bedford: I see I will pray for you both. I can offer counsel to you both any time. And yes let's call the young prince over.
Ser James: I thank you father
(shouting) Matthew, you better not be eating the whole pie again!
Prince Matthew (talking while eating pie): What is it, James!
Ser James: we have finished our discussion, you can claim your present
Prince Matthew: Yay!
(the prince runs over to James and the Friar, pie still in hand)

Friar Bedford: Now my prince this is the first book I ever read. The ecclesiastical history of England by the venerable Bede. It is in English and is about the schism and wars of the Saxons and the celts. Your mother the Queen has asked me to help sir James to teach you.
offers the prince a manuscript that has been beautifully written by monks
Prince Matthew: A book! You have to come back in the afternoons so we can read it together. Can James be there, too?? James please read the book with us together!
Ser James (rolling his eyes): of course i will be there my Prince
Prince Matthew: Thanks John! (runs to the small lake to feed the ducks)
Friar Bedford: Good. Can you tell me Ser James, how is he coping with the loss of his father? Is he at peace?
Ser James: he does sometimes have night terrors, but he was young at the time, so he finds it hard to recall the late King
Friar Bedford: A kindness perhaps. I do with to talk to him about this. How is his education?
Ser James: we are progressing well, he is easily grasping military matters, and he possesses a natural talent for matters of state, diplomatically and administratively.
Friar Bedford: He speaks Latin?
Ser James: we have attempted the language, but I fear that my skill of the language is challenged by the way I address it. You see I try a moderate approach, but he prefers to race ahead and try learn forms he hasn't yet come across. Of course this leads to confusion in his oratory skill.
Friar Bedford: I am sure I can assist you both. It will be vital he can learn. He is kind, you have done well with him sir James.
Ser James: I thank you Father, should there be any other matters upon which we need to discuss, or shall we conclude and allow the Prince to know of this subsequent arrangement?
Friar Bedford: Let us conclude. Though I hope to see you at confession soon. (smiles peacefully)
Ser James: I am sure we shall meet again shortly (calls Matthew). My prince, me and Friar bedford have some news to tell you
Prince Matthew: Alright! What is it? Do we read the book now?
Ser James: not just yet, but something better. Friar Bedford here will help assist in your tutoring, helping in Latin, and anything else father?
Prince Matthew (in shock): So he replaces you as Chief Consul?!
Ser James: no, rather he shall assist in your tuition, i will still lead your education.
Friar Bedford: I can also teach you classical and English history. Also English and canon law. Do these subjects interest you?
Prince Matthew: Uh, Law is important, I heard. My mother is the law, isn’t she?
Friar Bedford: She does make the law yes. But even a monarch is under the law due to magna carta. A law signed by prince John many years ago.
Ser James: I see you shall fit Prince Matthew's education perfectly, my Friar.
Prince Matthew: John I need James now. I want to play with wooden swords now!
Ser James: (measured) In good time my prince, your mother has said that once we go hunting, i can teach you swordplay.
Friar Bedford: Plus you have your book. Once you have read it we can talk about it together.
Prince Matthew: Alright, alright. No swordplay then.
Ser James: I assume that concludes our time Friar, thank you for your time. I will inform you as we need you.
Friar Bedford: God be with you both. Until we next meet.
Ser James: and to you father
Friar Bedford: raises his hand in blessing and moves away towards the chapel
Ser James and Prince Matthew resume their lesson on the lay of the land, with Matthew briefly interjected the odd remark.

Reactions:
((To Count Hudson))
Count Hudson,
You are excused. Of course, we could have used your help in the battle of Normandy against the hated French but that is in the past now, given that my forces brought victory to England. I take it that you could serve as a commander of an infantry regiment under General Plantagenet or his designated-successor?
I was wondering how the situation in Cornwall is at the moment? Any separatist voices from the peasants or do you have everything under control? The previous Count of Cornwall fled the province after a mob rose up, more than 15 years ago - at least I have been told so.
Your Majesty,
Since my Reign in Cornwall began no such movements have been made aware to me, The reason for my absence was a poorly timed illness. From which I have Recovered.
I would be overjoyed to fight for England on the battlefield. Be assured that I will personally lead the Cornish levy to wherever you may send them!

((Sorry about the delay, fell asleep, also, I'm pretty sure my name's in my signature already, I guess I'll bold it and make it bigger.))

Reactions:
((Del asked me to clarify order of wars:
  1. Norway/Denmark
  2. Burgundy and pu's
  3. Brittany
  4. Provence
  5. France
2 to 4 can be changed but 1 done quick to protect scots and 5 last to build up strength

Reactions:
((IC about Edward going on his ship for the first time.))

"Is this the ship, because if it is, its a great ship." Edward was speaking to Harry, the ships unofficial captain, "Yes it is captain." As Edward walked on to the ship, everyone was working hard, most likely so that they could impress the captain. "Harry what happened to the last captain." Harry quickly replied "He died to scurvy, its one of the main killers in the navy."

"Yes I know how deadly and horrible scurvy is, unlike a majority of captains I am not here because of status and have never been on a ship, let alone a warship. Most of my early life was on a ship like this. Anyway, who is the admiral of the navy". "That would be Walter Stomp" Edward had to repress a laugh, what an odd name, "he isn't really an admiral, its just that he is the most qualified to lead the navy, we don't really have a leadership structure."

This surprised Edward, no real admiral or command structure what would happen when we faced the Danes and Norwegians who would have an admiral. Muttering under his breath Edward said "Luckily I sent that letter to the queen then" louder Edward said "Is the ship ready to sail then." We have been ready to sail all week, we have just been resupplying with goods and weapons."

"Harry tell the crew that we are going to set off, from what I have heard is that some of the navy is currently in the channel protecting trade, so we will be going to meet up with them." Harry quickly ran off after that. Edward started thinking about his family before he even set off, a large amount of cash was delivered for Edward going the navy, enough to offer financial stability for 6 mounts, his cousin who helped the business would be managing it in till Edward gets back. It had been a somber moment when Edward was leaving, Mary was sobbing and he could see a few tears in Peters eye, it had probably been that sad, because the next time they may see Edward will be in a coffin, or maybe never at all and just a letter delivered by a servant to inform my family about Edwards demise.

"Ships sailing captain" Harry shouted. "Lets just pray we don't die" Edwards thought.

((Are we allowed to make characters, I just made Harry as a plot device to inform Edward about the ship and navy? Also with no real command structure,a reference to there being no in game admiral.))
((Edit accidentally posted mid writing of this. :rolleyes:))

Reactions:
Chapter V - An Influential Man

Elizabeth left the Royal Assembly in a hurry in order to meet with Frederick Chaffinch, the Bishop of Northumberland, who she had not seen in private since he had been fired from his position as priest for the Royal Family. A few years had passed ever since, Chaffinch looked not much older though and so there was some familiarity between them. She ordered Chaffinch, a member of the Diplomatic Royal Corps, to negotiate peace with the Scottish on her behalf. James II of House Stuart had agreed to an unconditional surrender.
A week later, Chaffinch sent word from Edinburgh that James II had accepted Her Majesty's terms: Lothian, Ayrshire and the Highlands became English an integral part of the Kingdom of England. On top of that, monthly war reparations an 112 ducats were demanded. The Stuarts were forced to move the Scottish capital from Edinburgh to Aberdeen after Edinburgh fell to the Queen.
Chaffinch returned to her Majesty which was slightly upset at him: The bishop had forgotten to make Scotland annual all treaties with France! Well, in truth the Queen had not instructed Chaffinch to do that but that remained a secret. Poor Chaffinch was blamed for something that only the Queen knew he didn't do.

kuqZVW1.png

England was in debt and low on manpower. Less than 2.000 men were ready to reinforce the armies, if needed. The ducats gained from the Scottish were used to repay one of the two loans. Army maintenance was reduced severely and some forts were mothballed. England needed to make some money in order to repay the Florentines their ducats.
The many administrators of the country were busy cooping with the new provinces in which there was some notable unrest. This is why the army was called back from the French Region to Scotland where it was stationed in the three conquered provinces.

hwztnGb.png

In October 1454, Count Walpole was officially appointed as military advisor to the Crown after the Royal Assembly had advised Elizabeth to appoint him. Walpole, a 39-years-old war veteran who had lost his leg at the Battle of Normandy against the French, had a reputation as a warmonger and torturer. However, the loss of his leg ensured that he would never participate in a battle again.
Walpole was given a small office in the army headquarters which was located next to the Royal Palace. His first task was to write a military treatise on a subject of his choice.
England was in a time of recovery - The Queen did not want to wage war again until the loans were paid off and a cash reserve was built up. Despite that, spies were sent to Flanders, Burgundy and Norway to fabricate claims and forge documents. England's spies were quite skilled and rarely got caught by the enemy.

lYLXjQb.png

When King James II of Scotland had agreed to the peace treaty, he must have forgotten that it would split his kingdom into three separated parts. Fife and Abdereenshire were neither connected via a land route to the Western Isles nor to Orkney. This must be way Scottish envoys ket arriving in London to ask for military access which was never granted. The Stuarts were angered but there was little they could do. They had no army and a long truce was in place anyways that prevented the Scots from doing anything stupid.
In November 1455, slightly later than initially planned, Elizabeth married the Austrian noble Franz von Thu to strengthen the ties between the two countries over which he ruled as Queen and Archduchess respectively. The wedding ceremony was conducted by Bishop Crawley and only a few guests were invited. Elizabeth did not want to spend too much money on this royal wedding. The treasury was still not in a healthy state.

mD4Vbd4.png

Aleck Morgan, Count of Calais, had an audience with Elizabeth on 6 December 1454. The two discussed the importance of Calais as a trading port. Morgan urged her to designate the city as the staple port for the import of wool. Not just Aleck Morgan, the entire Scots Trading Company welcomed the Queen's decision to designate Calais as the staple port. She did not mind that this move upset Flanders as it weakened the importance of Antwerp as a commercial port.
It turned out to be a good decision, England's trade income increased further as a consequence.

7SrMpBh.png

Even though the Habsburgs were no longer the ruling dynasty in Austria, they managed to get one of their family members on the throne in Hungary. Ladislaus Pstumus von Habsburg was crowned king on 27 February 1455 in Buda. Somehow, the Habsburgs never die out.
In London, a letter arrived from one of the army commanders saying that there were separatists in the newly conquered territory that could raise up in arms in the future. A revolt is the last thing England needed. Especially in the Highlands the separatist sentiment was high.

JkDIcJT.png

On May 19 1455, Richard Plantagenet officially retired as General of the English Royal Army at the age of 58. He left London and headed back to Yorkshire where he had a large mansion to live out the rest of his life. Of course, he was a welcomed guest in the capital. The victory over Scotland and France will always be coined with him.
His successor became Count Talbot who was the uncle-in-law of Crown Prince Matthew. Oliver Talbot had married the sister of Henry VI, Anne Lancaster, shortly before his appointment as general.
Talbot was recalled immediately from Caux and sent to Ayrshire to command the Royal Army which had been stationed there to deter the Scots from revolting.

q7iJRkJ.png

By September 1455, the English manpower pool counted almost 4,000 men - "Not enough", said the Queen. "The manpower needs to recover more!"
While the manpower was recovinerg, the spies returned to the capital with good news: None of them got caught while fabricating a claim. Because of their success, they were immediately given new assignments in the Low Countries and in Brittany. The second assignment did not go so well. Shortly after having arrived in Ghent, the English spy was caught, never to be seen again. Most likely the spy got executed... This was an embarrassment for the Crown. A new spy was sent to Ghent instead.
Just like Meath a few years ago, Oxford also underwent an agricultural revolution which increased the population of the town drastically. More people meant more taxes.

otCrGVP.png

OYGZ1jv.png

After the Scottish provinces had finished coring, Norman was lost as an accepted culture. The people of the Duchy of Normandy had different customs then the English. Some suggested to send the Normans to work in the in the fields. Others suggested to culture-convert the provinces instead. The Normans were a small minority in the English Kingdom.
The last of the outstanding loans was repaid to the Medici Bank on the 7 of April 1456. At last, the Crown was no longer in debt.
The Vatican informed the world that his Holiness Pope Eugenius IV had passed away after a very long reign over the Papal State. He was succeed by the Italian Hadrianus VI

uHd9yop.png

The army of Leinster was slaughtered by a pretender who had revolted in their capital. Oliver Talbot was ordered to march to Waterford to support Elizabeth's subject. On 3 August 1456 Talbot and 15.000 men arrived at Waterford. This was Talbot's first battle as general and he did well. Ultimately, the pretender was captured and then executed publicly. After his victory, Talbot returned to Ayrshire where he was celebrated by the troops. Before leaving, the Earl of Leinster thanked him for saving his life and the city. Among the captains of Plantagenet's infantrymen was also Thomas Lloyd, an English count who had offered his services to the Crown. He was wanted to gain some more experience as a military tactician.
Skilled captains like Lloyd were in need with a war against Norway in the air. Part of Bishop Chaffinch's expansion plan which the Royal Assembly had agreed on was the invasion of Norway. Word was also sent to Thomas Talbot in Austria with the orders to mobilize the Austrian army. Envoys were sent to Lisboa and Toledo to ask Elizabeth's allies for support but they returned empty-handed. The Iberians said that they did not want to get involved in a war in Scandinavia.

OKReZUq.png

Being at peace allowed England to catch up in technological matters. Basic financial instruments were developed which made overseas trade even more profitable by lower the risk involved.
Furthermore, Hadrianus VI saw it fit to make Kent a cardinal seat. Bishop Crawley had been promoted to cardinal and was said to be in the running for a possible successor of Hadrianus VI. What a great honor not only for Crawley but for the entire country. Crawley, this drunkard of a bishop had become cardinal. Quite an incredible story.
While Elizabeth studied the expansion plan of Bishop Chaffinch, she wondered why a man of God would favor war so much. After all, bishop Crawley had opposed the war. The two were so different and yet both men of God.

GjnWAFK.png

On 1 February 1457, Oliver Talbot left the main port of Ayrshire together with 17.000 men on a short journey to the Norwegian islands Shetland and Färöarna. The Austrian forces were ready for war, too. Norway, which had broken free from the Kalmar Union, was allied to Denmark.
After 17 days, the navy reached its destination and war was declared. Denmark and her vassal Holstein sided with the Norwegians. The defending side had previously suffered immense losses in the Swedish Independence War and had consequently only a small army of 16.000. England and Austria fielded 61.000 troops together.
Immediately after the declaration of war, General Talbot's invaded Shetland. Thomas Lloyd was given command of the attack of Färöarna. Both islands were defenseless and the sieges were won quickly.

yILXGFF.png

The Austrian army was stuck because it lacked military access to get to Denmark. It seemed like Austria had forgotten how to nicely ask its neighbors for military access and so the Crown did that for them. Bohemia, Brandenburg, Mecklenburg and Lübeck granted England the necessary military access that Austria needed.
On 6 July 1457 Elizabeth gave birth to her second child. It was a daughter, named Jane. This was a joyful event and the baptism of young Jane was conducted by the Cardinal Crawely.

frROadG.png

With Färöarna and Shetland under English occupation, 2.000 infantrymen were sent to Iceland whereas main army travelled also by ship to Bergenshus and engaged in September 1457 the Norwegian army in the neighboring province of Agder. The battle was ended with a sweet victory for the English, leaving the Norwegian army scattered elsewhere. This left the door open to commence the siege of Norway's fortified capital province: Akershus Two months later, Iceland had been successfully occupied without any Norwegian resistance.
The Queen's brother had sent word that the Austrians were making some initial progress against Holstein, annihilating their army. At the Battle of Slevisg, Denmark was then also beaten by 2.000 Englishmen with additional support from Austria.

EHzma9G.png

iKQKczo.png

mFvtPTl.png

After just 211 days, Akershus fell. The English siege engineers had worked their magic faster than expected. The Norwegian army was hiding in Sogn - 5.000 mercenaries and 3.000 Irishmen led by the General of Leinster sent them to hell. At the seam time, the English Royal Navy sunk the Norwegian navy at the Battle of Skagerrak. Only three out of the elven heavy ships took some slight damage, the rest of the navy was unharmed. Captain Edward Andrews navigated one of the carracks. He was a fine lad and the other sailors admired how quickly he had learned to navigate a carrack.
During the war, Denmark completed the integration of Holstein but this did not change much as Holstein had been already occupied by the Austrians.
The alliance between Norway and Denmark then came to an end in late May 1459 when Norway refused to honor a Danish call to arms. The Danes had become the target of aggression of Pomerania.

wwgo7yh.png

((Overview Screenshots
MdY8Zun.png
))

Last edited:
((very nice update @delpiero1234 , but is the princess called anne or jane? Also when did we stop 1458?, finally do like the amount of detail in that update, that was the sort of thing i was referring to when i said about lacking detail before ;) ))

Reactions:
((very nice update @delpiero1234 , but is the princess called anne or jane? Also when did we stop 1458?, finally do like the amount of detail in that update, that was the sort of thing i was referring to when i said about lacking detail before ;) ))
((I called her Jane. It's not clear in the update. My bad!
The chapter ended on 2 June 1459. I include the end-date of each chapter always in the Screenshot Overview section at the end of each chapter :) Glad to hear you like the amount of detail. ))

Shortly before Thomas's regiment landed and sieged the quite barren Faroe Islands, General Talbot had a personal conference with Thomas in the private quarters of his personal ship. General Talbot looked directly into his eyes, with what seemed to be hope gleaming in his eyes. He told Thomas to "bravely siege the Islands and to not waste any time". Thomas silently nodded and proceded to join his troops in the invasion. The majority of the fleet quickly left the scene once his troops successfully landed onto the isles, and only seldom remained.

Thomas didn't necessarily have to command his men too much. A majority of them already were war-hardened soldiers from the war with Scotland, and at least knew the basics of proper sieging and looting. They quickly separated and scattered across the Isles, searching for various places to loot precious materials from. Once they left the isles, the entire island chain was even more deserted than it was before, as his men viciously slaughtered the residents of the isles without mercy. Despite this, Thomas was proud of his men. He was just glad he was able to finally take command of a regiment and lead them to victory.

Reactions:
((@delpiero1234 the name Jane is fine, but in the next line you talk of the baptism of Anne by crawley, i am onfused- are these the same person, or 2 discrete personnas, also next update and i shall have St James's Palace :D))

((the name Jane is fine, but in the next line you talk of the baptism of Anne by crawley, i am onfused- are these the same person, or 2 discrete personnas))
((I fixed it. It was an oversight. I first called her Anne and then changed it to Jane but forgot to change the name on the second occasion I mention it. Sorry for any confusion that this has caused.))

Reactions:
((Currently on tablet, great update, IC about the navel battle))

In the sea just outside Akershus, Edward was reading a letter from his wife Peter turning 16 in a mounth and already helping out the family business and his Mary, 13 and excelling in classes, they would have too get married soon and....

"Captain", Harry shouted" Norwegian ships on the horizon", Edwaread ordered for the crew to get into formation, "we are going to sink that navy". The sails were rapidly drawn and crew rushed all over the ship, half an hour latter, battle started.

Edward pioleted the ship, where it sailed next to the only carreck in the armada, "CANNONS FIRE" Edward shouted, the cannonballs slammed into the hull of the ship, killing people and destroying cannons, the enemy ship returned fire, but Edwards skill in manuvering the ship, caused only a few cannon balls to hit, but causing really no structural damage. 20 minuites later, all that was left of the Norwegian heavy, was sinking to the bottom of the sea.

"Well done men, a celebration is in order for you good men." The crew cheered Edward, unlike the last captain Edward treated his men well.
In the evening, Edward talked to Harry. "I think that we are going to need more supplies, mainly alcohol if the crew keeps on drinking this much." said Harry. "It's only one night let the men be, though if we do resupply we should do so in Scarborough, I live near there and my son is nearly 16 " replied Edward, "16" said Harry, "that means its been over 4 years, we are going to resupply there captain".

(( At the end date Edwards kids are one year older, so Peter nearly 17 and Mary 14.))
((Edit sorry for typos))

Last edited:
Reactions:
Daniel Hudson had a please look on his face after the battle of Slesvig, his previous illness had bedridden him during the war with Scotland, and his regent had his levy remain in Cornwall to keep the peace from a possible separatist attack.

"Excellent!" Daniel enthusiastically said to his second in command
"Finally, some proper battle experience. Endless drilling can only harden a soldier so much.
Ser Hudson then open opened a notebook and began writing

The wind blew through the candle light, shadows danced about the chappel . John Bedford knelt before the alter and prayed.

His face was a statue of faith and devotion; a mask of a troubled mind. He drove his prayers forward as if on a chariot. Rosery beads clicked in the darkness.

He sighed and rose to his feet. There would be no peace this night. He spike under his breath.

"He chose... Crawley"

Reactions:
((Great update,let those Norsemen pay of Danelaw all those years ago,also what is the ducal region Calais is in?))
Aleck just came out of the royal Palace,he convinced the queen to make Calais a staple port.Even more money will flow through Calais as the staples or wool are taxed even higher.Aleck moved into his new castle just a week before.It looked more like a palace though,with its white marble.It was called Whitecastle.being on the cliffs of Dover,he could see his bustling city across the pond.His son,Christian got some old friends from Theodoro and formed the "Gothic Guard"the bodyguards of the House of Morgan.

Last edited:
((For some reason I thought we were still in 1450 before this update. :p))

William Benjamin Briggs smiled as word reached him of the success in the recent war with Norway. It was good to see his country so strong. He would have preferred the Scots to have been crushed entirely when England had the chance, but he supposed there was the opinion of other kingdoms and rulers to consider. This is probably a good reason why he was but a count and not a king. He was glad for that. Governing an entire county was proving much more difficult than his old barony. He was grateful that England at least had a strong queen on the throne.

Outside in the sun, William's nine-year-old son Walter was playing with one of the servant's boys. They were hacking at each other with wooden swords and giggling with delight. It felt strange watching his boy grow up. He still remembered when his son was a mere babe. Soon he'd be old enough to receive some proper training. William intended to show the boy how to properly handle a sword. Admittedly the count had been involved in few battles, but he was an expert duellist. He'd also need to find someone to teach the boy archery, a skill William lacked. He would get to enjoy teaching his son how to ride a horse, something he often did in the wide open plains of Marches. At least he didn't need to worry about Walter's education. His wife, Mary Lloyd, took over that job, or at least found someone suitable for the position. Raising a child was proving to be a full-time job.

After sitting down in a chair by the window, William pounded back a glass of wine. His castle had seen some improvement since it had become his home. The earlier war with Scotland had seen the Crown send several thousand men to garrison the province. His attempts to refurbish the fortifications had been minor up until then, but having thousands of soldiers standing around waiting for an enemy army that might never arrive gave him a prime opportunity for some free labour. Many of the soldiers had gladly chipped in and helped beef up the fortifications to reasonable standards. After all, it would be their lives on the line if someone invaded. Of course that never turned out to be the case, but at least Marches was well-defended now. When the war had ended, the soldiers inevitably returned home and the castle returned to its state of near emptiness. He preferred the solitude for now. It was so much easier to enjoy the pleasures in life without having to worry about outside affairs.

Reactions:
John was sitting in his office. He was almost finished with his improvements to the infantry. Just a couple of details and he would bring his 3 suggested types of infantry to the queen, of which she would decide. He personally favored his 'Longbow' formation, although he did like the Scottish style 'Gallogiach infantry'. ((or however you spell it)) He had also made some general improvements to the equipment of the army, and gotten some of it from the rich and technologically advanced German city-states. He also had a plan in mind to better organize the English military, and had been working on it when he had the time. That too was almost finished and ready to be made public.