• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kropka

Private
Oct 20, 2016
Hey all, I just created the account here to share the very good news - there will be possibility to buy a physical copy of the game, similar to PoE. I just bought one! ^^

If you wish to have one, you probably must hurry. I remember that PoE was almost ripped apart from shops in Poland in just a few days :D

Reactions:
Some of the retail partners we have will indeed have boxed copies though we here at Paradox don't sell them directly. We don't have the space nor the manpower to distribute physical goods!

I did some research here in Poland where the game will be available in boxes and I found that shop "Konsole I Gry" shop can send products abroad. As they told me, shipping cost is ~30-40 zł (~10 euro). The only problem is that their store is in Polish and that they send to UE, Norway and Switzerland only.

I did some research here in Poland where the game will be available in boxes and I found that shop "Konsole I Gry" shop can send products abroad. As they told me, shipping cost is ~30-40 zł (~10 euro). The only problem is that their store is in Polish and that they send to UE, Norway and Switzerland only.

In other words, they only ship outside of the EU ;-)

Is the physical copy free of Steam or any other similarly required link to a specific entity that will not always be available with the disc alone?

I am very interested in this game, but I think long term when I buy games, so I do not want to be permanently beholden to a service (in order to install/use the game) that probably won't exist or have the same policies in 20 years, even though if it's good I'll probably still want to play the game then, just like I still play Baldur's Gate and other games of its era.

I would like to get the most out of my purchase, so I am a bit between buying the physical release and the Archon edition at the moment and there is also this pre-order bonus. Unfortunatly I couldn't find the content of the boxed version. Is is the Commander/Archon/Overlord edition? Do I get the pre-order bonus with it? Is there anything different form just buying the game digitally?

Is the physical copy free of Steam or any other similarly required link to a specific entity that will not always be available with the disc alone?
I can't speak for sure on this game, but PDS games that Amazon box up still all require Steam to install and patch.

Unfortunatly I couldn't find the content of the boxed version. Is is the Commander/Archon/Overlord edition? Do I get the pre-order bonus with it? Is there anything different form just buying the game digitally?
You'd need to contact Amazon to see what they've included in their boxed edition, sorry.

I can't speak for sure on this game, but PDS games that Amazon box up still all require Steam to install and patch.

You'd need to contact Amazon to see what they've included in their boxed edition, sorry.

Okay but are you sure Amazon knows what kind of code is in the box? I mean, I am Amazon isn't a publisher, I am pretty sure they aren't making these physical editions, they are just selling them.

Okay but are you sure Amazon knows what kind of code is in the box? I mean, I am Amazon isn't a publisher, I am pretty sure they aren't making these physical editions, they are just selling them.
Amazon IS a publisher and they ARE putting these boxes together. We are not.

Amazon IS a publisher and they ARE putting these boxes together. We are not.

Actually I found out that Koch Media is the publisher, not Amazon. I really think there should be a better communications, it's not the first time that paradox has no clue what is going on with their physical released.

To be fair, this is just me speaking form the other side of the world, doing my best to help people. I'm not based in the Paradox offices so I often have to work from precedent and what i can find while Paradox are sleep!

Don't worry I don't make you responsible, since you can only say what you know but I think Paradox themselve should try making it more clear, what costumers can expect, I mean Koch Media or Deep Silver can't just do what they want. It's always a guess work with the boxed versions and I think Paradox should be the first to know whats in.

You are correct, Amazon themselves doesn't print the boxes, it's made by another company. The keys are Steam though, that much I can guarantee (as I checked with my sales team ;)).

Reactions: