• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
zero BB in 13 years ... ;)

kebzero: ...Patron of the Arts pays off! Two free slider moves. :)

nice ! ! :D

kebzero:
...At 'maybe' chances, five offers of annexation are sent out. Two of five vassals accept, not bad - especially since we have cores on both those vassals. :)

perhaps you could use a spy or two and conjure up cores on some more vassals ? ? ;)

kebzero:
...Inflation shall soon never bother us again!

splendid ! ! :)

kebzero:
...And just to really tank French prestige, another succession war breaks out.

hmmm. i remember reading somewhere that bad luck comes in threes ! ! :eek:

awesome updates ! !
:cool:

always nice to have those events , or an ally who declare war on a truce target , resulting in a big prestige loss or -6 stab :D

FEEDBACK
I've been lurking for quite some time, but I had to say seeing an update to this AAR makes my day. Thank you for your work!
You must have had a really bad day if this thing helps... Glad you like the AAR. :)

Dang! My estimation did not forsee those -6 reputation... Damn you WyHat!
Random luck happens. And France loves WyHat, and hope we get more of his kind.

zero BB in 13 years ... ;)

kebzero: ...Patron of the Arts pays off! Two free slider moves. :)

nice ! ! :D

kebzero:
...At 'maybe' chances, five offers of annexation are sent out. Two of five vassals accept, not bad - especially since we have cores on both those vassals. :)

perhaps you could use a spy or two and conjure up cores on some more vassals ? ? ;)

kebzero:
...Inflation shall soon never bother us again!

splendid ! ! :)

kebzero:
...And just to really tank French prestige, another succession war breaks out.

hmmm. i remember reading somewhere that bad luck comes in threes ! ! :eek:

awesome updates ! !
:cool:
13 is close, but we did better. :)

Spies don't provide free cores in 3.2b, only CBs - if they did, this whole task would have been much, much easier. :)

This sort of 'bad luck' only happened twice, but that was enough to push us down to 44 prestige.

Ifni is french? :rofl:
WyHat? :rofl::rofl:
You should start conquering en masse very soon.
The beauty of French colonies in the neighborhood. :)

Ah, conquering en masse is, I'm afraid, not an option. We still have to stay under the BadBoy limit, and if I'm to get any luck with annexations, I cannot have much in the way of points.

always nice to have those events , or an ally who declare war on a truce target , resulting in a big prestige loss or -6 stab :D
There's a reason why I tend not to ally with the AIs, unless they are my subjects. They're very good at attacking truce targets. :)

Part 63 - Spotless Reputation

EU3_18.jpg
Japan, under Champa? That could be a true superpower, if only Champa were strong enough to maintain good relations. Insults start flying almost immediately.

EU3_19.jpg
We gain another core in Asia.

EU3_20.jpg
The Ottomans once more attack Corfu...

EU3_21.jpg
...and annex them.

EU3_23.jpg
Our supreme ruler unfortunately perishes. His replacement will not stay in power for more than four years.

EU3_24.jpg
France gets to fully Centralize again, at the cost of a minor pretender rising up in a remote province. He's quickly stomped out by cavalry.

EU3_26.jpg
Lithuania's grace period is up, and the Horde returns for another bite.

EU3_29.jpg
French missionaries have been zealous enough to introduce haute couture in Atlas, turning the berbers ever more cosmopolitaine.

EU3_31.jpg
Will French luck never end? I should hope so. Just one more of these, and France will be max innovative.

EU3_32.jpg
Thanks to the Architectural Development, we get to enact Schools. Dangerous as it is to let peasants grasp the art of reading and writing, we choose to be gracious.

EU3_34.jpg
Lithuania isn't capable of doing much to stop the Horde. The horsemen have advanced significantly in tech - and actually surpasses Lithuania in Land tech at this point.

EU3_35.jpg
Our BadBoy score is almost blanked out. We're finally allowed to enact the Anti-Piracy Act.

EU3_38.jpg
Poland surrenders to the Horde.

EU3_39.jpg
As does Lithuania.

EU3_40.jpg
...this would be why I don't like nobles. We pay them off, leaving the French treasury at about 40 ducats. Minting is immediately begun.

EU3_42.jpg
Time for another re-election - and a ruler can't get much better than that. Blessed by God and the random number generator, indeed. :D

EU3_43.jpg
Austria and the Horde, almost equal in strength, at last start a brawl. This is good; their western border should be nicely undefended soon. ;)

EU3_44.jpg
...and this would be why that mattered. June 1660. After ten and a half years of peace, we've worked off some 28,5 BadBoy points. With our spotless reputation, it's time to get crackin'. Mecklenburg, Austria's ally, is one tempting target - as soon as the armies of that Alliance is deep into the Ukraine, fighting the Horde. :)

that's quite a lot of modifiers :D
finally 0BB ^^ and another godlike ruler :D
btw , allies can be useful ^^ especially england if i play burgundy , they are at least able to distracthalf the blue man army and vassals when i crush the other half :D
but they never support me in a war i start xD

Excellent game, one of my favorites. The only bad thing is waiting for the next update. I know, I know, you have a life, blah, blah, blah, but what about our needs?

When I viewed the world map and then read this update where your BB went to zero it struck me that the BB calculation should probably be modified. In most WC-like games players begin steamrolling at some point and BB starts growing continuously. You, however, show that someone can conquer and/or colonize a huge part of the world yet still work off their BB.

If BB represents the fear, if you will, other countries have towards a state that is expanding and apparently bent on further expansion then there should probably be some base value that represents the size and power of a realm. In normal instances this might be so small as to be insignificant but in the case of a France that dominates 4 continents and looks to do the same on two more you'd think countries would already be alarmed, excellent diplomatic rating or not.

Your lands will be burned, Your people enslaved, Your towns destroyed.

Resistance is futile.

- Mongol Diplomat

What's the point with having diplomats if they only convey depressive messages that are unnegotionable? ;):rolleyes:

FEEDBACK
Fighting against the Horde sounds a bit freakish. :D
One cannot overcome the Horde. :D
Sure you can - just throw enough armed peasants at them. :)

Your lands will be burned, Your people enslaved, Your towns destroyed.

Resistance is futile.

- Mongol Diplomat
This certainly has been true for the Russian minors and Lithuania.

that's quite a lot of modifiers :D
finally 0BB ^^ and another godlike ruler :D
btw , allies can be useful ^^ especially england if i play burgundy , they are at least able to distracthalf the blue man army and vassals when i crush the other half :D
but they never support me in a war i start xD
Mayhap so, but the trouble they cause outweighs the benefit, I say. The only reason I'd ally with an AI nation is to make sure they don't attack me... :)

Excellent game, one of my favorites. The only bad thing is waiting for the next update. I know, I know, you have a life, blah, blah, blah, but what about our needs?

When I viewed the world map and then read this update where your BB went to zero it struck me that the BB calculation should probably be modified. In most WC-like games players begin steamrolling at some point and BB starts growing continuously. You, however, show that someone can conquer and/or colonize a huge part of the world yet still work off their BB.

If BB represents the fear, if you will, other countries have towards a state that is expanding and apparently bent on further expansion then there should probably be some base value that represents the size and power of a realm. In normal instances this might be so small as to be insignificant but in the case of a France that dominates 4 continents and looks to do the same on two more you'd think countries would already be alarmed, excellent diplomatic rating or not.
I'm updating as fast as I can or care to. Playing the game is one thing, fiddling with screenshots quite another. :)

As for BadBoy - keep in mind I'm sacrificing everything else for BadBoy reduction - slider moves (only Centralized after diploannexing vassals), slow, haphazard expansion (to reduce BadBoy cost), national ideas (Espionage makes diplomat advisors more likely, but I've little use of spies anymore), kicking out six-star advisors for a one star diplomat, going republic and pick only Diplomacy rulers...

It might be a larger, 'nicer' empire, but it certainly isn't as profitable as the standard steamroll. :)

As I see it, BadBoy is not an indicator of threat, but an indicator of aggression. I don't think there's a single nation bordering France that is not in 'fears France' mode on the diplomatic overview. At one point, I had 'rival' nations, but after dealing with Castille and England, that sorta vanished.

Well, he was! :)

Very impressive. The next should be bloody then?:rolleyes:
We do need to give our diplomats something to work on, no? :)

What's the point with having diplomats if they only convey depressive messages that are unnegotionable? ;):rolleyes:
Well, someone has to tell their victims they have no hope, and should just surrender now... :)

Try to conquer the world without diplomats! You can't simply attack someone, you have to tell them that you're going to kill them etc., so they can have some time to prepare.
Is that a challenge? Play a game without ever using diplomats for anything? I imagine that would be... difficult. Others would have to attack you, and they would have to peace... no RMs, no alliances, short of what comes your way...

Might work if you play a colonial trading nation, or something, but still... :)

One shall not simply tank cat into Astrakhan
Tank cat? :confused:

I used to think Vijayanagar was hard to consistently spell correctly, but then I saw WyHat's name.
That was close to my reaction - but we care not for his name, with those abilities. :)

Part 64 - Dealing with vassals

EU3_1.jpg
While we wait for Austria to deplete their forces, we engage in a skirmish in the far east.

EU3_2.jpg
This shouldn't take too long. :)

EU3_4.jpg
Shan is trimmed down.

EU3_5.jpg
A six star Ambassador? He'll come in handy in diploannexing vassals. :)

EU3_7.jpg
Manipur's days are now numbered.

EU3_8.jpg
Austria beats the Horde back, courtesy of their ridiculously fast-growing war exhaustion. However, the Horde will be back...

EU3_9.jpg
Our long friendship with Bohemia is about to come to a close.

EU3_10.jpg
Ceylon, one of only two nations with the guts to attack France head-on for the past few hundred years, is removed from the map.

EU3_11.jpg
Aragon just became a more interesting target.

EU3_12.jpg
Vientiane gives up our core province, and two more.

EU3_13.jpg
As our six-star Ambassador provides us a +2 stability bonus, we take the time to bring Foix back into the fold.

EU3_14.jpg
The landlocked Papal State is indeed very proud of their fleet - if only it existed outside the Pope's bathtub.

EU3_15.jpg
Bergenshus becomes a French core, and long-term plans for its acquisition are made.

EU3_16.jpg
A war with the Ottomans is ever more likely.

EU3_17.jpg
Shan is truly out of luck.

EU3_18.jpg
Foix fills French coffers and the vassal pool.

EU3_19.jpg
Thanks to our stellar diplomatic team of six star Ambassador and nine star ruler, our annexation gambit brings spectacular success, even on 'maybe' chances.

EU3_20.jpg
After so many years, we finally achieve our mission.

EU3_21.jpg
All of this does push our BadBoy rating up a bit.

EU3_22.jpg
Our new mission costs us some nine thousand ducats, but will be achieved in a fraction of the time of the Alsace mission. :)

I had once two diplomatic advisors, giving +12 diplo boost for my 9 diplo monarch. :D

Everyone who just I wanted to vassalize accepted it and annexing was 'very likely'. :rofl: