• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think I have an endless crusade. The crusade was called and Jerusalem was taken over and given to Venice but it didn't end. Then the Egyptians took it over but now noones at war with the Egyptians and it still says their is a crusade for Jerusalem. It's been about 30 years since it was called.

Hey,

In case anyone is interested, I created a cultures map for what I think is the most recent version of DVIP's 1066 scenario:

(Click to see a larger version)
It's just colors pasted on top of one of the province reference maps so it looks a bit messy. PM me if you would like a cleaner map without the province numbers and JPEG fringe frizzles.

Best regards and many thanks for this great mod :)

Nice map!
Seeing some weirdness there... I'll have to look at some provinces' history a little better (#116 seems strange, as are #577 & #700)

Question: I have an update ready, but I'm only at about page 60 of this thread now... should I release now, or wait before I can completely update everything? (I guess I have a few more hours of work if I fully want to merge in all changes I have prepared -- no telling when I will get around to it).

Calgacus' excellent changes for the Scots and Russkis are all merged in at least. And 1204 is playable, if still rough. I've also made many bug fixes of vanilla and DVIP bugs... a changelog is sadly missing though.

Last edited:
Question: I have an update ready, but I'm only at about page 60 of this thread now... should I release now, or wait before I can completely update everything? (I guess I have a few more hours of work if I fully want to merge in all changes I have prepared -- no telling when I will get around to it).

Calgacus' excellent changes for the Scots and Russkis are all merged in at least. And 1204 is playable, if still rough. I've also made many bug fixes of vanilla and DVIP bugs... a changelog is sadly missing though.

release now pls.:)

Wait ;)
My reason is purely selfish as currently I´m still playing in the middle of a vanilla campaign (so being occupied a while before I could even start playing DVIP´s new version) AND the change I suggested is on page 65 of the thread as far as I remember... :rolleyes:

It's no need to rename the province. The provinces are wrong anyway, the borders are wrong, the names are wrong. Paradox has a tradition of just throwing fantasy provinces on the map. So far for historical accuracy. IMO Waiblingen is infamous and people would only ask what it is. Furthermore, Hohenstaufen is in the east of Schwaben, near Ulm. Ulm is famous and I would take CK-Ulm as core province of the Hohenstaufen.

Well, *any* province somewhat east of the river Rhine and north of Lake Constance would be better than having the Hohenstaufen in the county of St. Gallen as they are currently. However if they would be moved to Ulm then Rudolph (the current Duke of Swabia at the start of the 1066 scenariou) would also have to be moved with his capital to another province. Moving the Hohenstaufen to Fürstenberg would avoid that.

I am currently trying to get into Rome (the game) and do not plan to play CK for some time so for me it would be better if you released an advanced version later, but when there are people waiting out their for the changes you already made , why not release i now. Is it a lot of extra work? Or do you feel uncomfortable to give out unfinished work, cant imagine that as DVIP will always be unfinished...

I am currently trying to get into Rome (the game) and do not plan to play CK for some time so for me it would be better if you released an advanced version later, but when there are people waiting out their for the changes you already made , why not release i now. Is it a lot of extra work? Or do you feel uncomfortable to give out unfinished work, cant imagine that as DVIP will always be unfinished...

Good point... it's no extra work at all actually. Just means I need to do some extra testing to be sure I split the versions correctly (DVIP - Addon - Mapmod) so they're all working... something I sort-of overlooked last time.
The main work is in swapping out files and updating them correctly.

//Testing now, I'll upload DVIP and addon this evening, mapmod (Wales mod) to follow when I find my files for it :)

Update uploaded (DVIP + Addon).
Incomplete changelog (not in file):

Database:
*) Revisions to Gaelic and Scottish namelists
*) Great revision of Scottish dynasties
*) Province St. Gallen now St Gallen to work around bug

Events:
*) Automated education disabled by default
*) Mongol weakening events fixed
*) Minor tweaks to realm duress and crusader events

1066:
*) Hohenstaufens moved to Fürstenberg to better fit with actual realm in 1066
*) Various Hohenstaufens added, thanks Veld
*) Billung ancestor now has his full name, thanks Veld

1187:
*) Some more characters and nicknames added from the 1204 scenario
*) Huge changes to Scotland and Russia thanks to Calgalus
*) Western Isles now are as developed as neighbouring provinces (were most backwards in world)
*) Reintroduces some Wends to Germany

1207 (addon only):
*) Removed some more crashers
*) Sanitized province tech setup
*) Minor name fixes

Last edited:
Update uploaded (DVIP + Addon).
Events:
*) Automated education disabled by default
how would i turn automated education back on?

edit: by the way thank you for all your hard work.

Woho!!!!!!!!

Did you fix the bug which caused instant crash when using the bridefinder in the 120x scenario?

That scenario looks promising, but previously I couldn't really play it because of that issue.

Thanks on the update.

Did you fix the bug which caused instant crash when using the bridefinder in the 120x scenario?

That scenario looks promising, but previously I couldn't really play it because of that issue.

Thanks on the update.

I don't encounter that bug myself, so unfortunately I've no idea where to look. I did fix some incorrect parents, which might've been the cause. The Third Crusade scenario unfortunately requires more time than I have available right now to fix it, but expect it to be a little better each update. I've almost removed all duplicate characters.

I don't encounter that bug myself, so unfortunately I've no idea where to look. I did fix some incorrect parents, which might've been the cause. The Third Crusade scenario unfortunately requires more time than I have available right now to fix it, but expect it to be a little better each update. I've almost removed all duplicate characters.

But I did mention it before, didn't I? :eek:o
I could swear I did.

*just tried it*

Still getting it, playing as Portugal.

Yes, you mentioned it... unfortunately I've no real idea what triggers it :(
It's probably some missing ancestor somewhere, as the ledger goes through all characters (living or dead) to find brides. This causes an instant crash on XP, but nothing on Vista.
I had one for a long time in 1066 as well until I suddenly found it, but no luck in 1207 yet.
Since 1066 and 1187 are looking pretty good now (I hope :D) my next focus will be on the third crusade scenario.

DVIP-10.03.2009.zip download link doesn't work.

Edit: Now it does. sorry

Please try again. You probably caught the post as I was reuploading it :)

//

Almost forgot how much fun this game is to actually play... I just got beaten down from Lotharingia to a count, but have all opportunity to get back at my bitter enemy :D

Last edited: