• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

razorbird789

Major
83 Badges
Sep 15, 2009
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Darkest Hour
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • 500k Club
  • Battle for Bosporus
i noticed an increasing amount of sticky threads, maybe this could become one if it shows promise....

The point of this thread is for people to provide ideas for mods that can be maintained within this thread for people who may wish to take on a new project but don't know what to do, modders are thin on the ground at the moment but if newbie's like myself want to begin learning but don't know what to make we could make ideas for them :D

I had some ideas but forgot them so i made this thread so we could all remember!

When my Byzantium mod is wrapped up and 1.3 is release, I start learning to do map editing and in the future make a sci-fi mod on Mars. Thinking of a large war of independence where the "native" Martians break the chains of their corporate overlords and once that's over the small new nations fight each other for control while Earth governments try to restore their power.

When my Byzantium mod is wrapped up and 1.3 is release, I start learning to do map editing and in the future make a sci-fi mod on Mars. Thinking of a large war of independence where the "native" Martians break the chains of their corporate overlords and once that's over the small new nations fight each other for control while Earth governments try to restore their power.

That's nice but i think that someone should make a "true terrain" map (IE, with antarctica, artic ocean... etc) first...

^^ Yeah but at least it could have been drawed in the map, there's no need to give'em a single province...

Most ideas I can come up with are too small to be of significance, such as an expanded Vietnam War or Korea War. These could be amazing battle scenarios a la the (albeit unfinished) Balkan War mod.

How about one where Russia defeats the Soviet Revolution? That would radically alter the world. Would there be a Cold War? Would there ever be a Communist China?

Ideas for a mod? Ok, i always think that an alternate cold war featuring this points would be nice:

• No atomic bombs (they failed at inventing them)
  • US launched operation Downfall
  • USSR also invaded Japan from the north, therefore we have a divided Japan, a communist one (northern Japan) and a democratic one (southern Japan)
  • Tokyo would of course be also divided into northern and southern one, but that's a secondary point because it cannot be represented in the game.
  • DPRK won completely the Korean war, that's why at the start of the scenario there would be only one Korea, a communist one
  • PRC successfully invaded Taiwan in 1955 and therefore they control it.
  • In Europe the USSR and the allies never reached an agreement about Austria causing it to be another divided country (like Japan, a communist regime in the north, a democratic one in the south having Wien also divided into north and south)
  • Germany is as historically was.
  • In Greece the communist offensive was much stronger than it was (because the Yugoslav and Albanians, and the USSR later helped the communists in a more strong way than historically did) resulting in yet another partitioned country, northern Greece, however despite that they control Ioannina, Metsovo, Kozani, Larissa and Thessaloniki, the provinces of Kavala, Xanthi and Alexandropoulis are under direct NATO control because they fear that as soon as those provinces fall into communism, their next objective would be Turkey. (As soon as the player or the AI would have conquered these provinces, a civil war would erupt in Turkey)
  • The rest of the world would remain as historically did and the starting year would be 1960.

What do you think?

an interesting proposal, i'd agree with all except Austria, i like the idea of it being neutral in that scenario. I suppose if/when NWO goes ahistorical Bizon could use this as ideas.....

Heroes Hour (a fiction mod):
all countries have as ministers and generals their historical heroes and heroines before 1936. For example, Germany has Bismark, Martin Luther etc.

Heroes Hour (a fiction mod):
all countries have as ministers and generals their historical heroes and heroines before 1936. For example, Germany has Bismark, Martin Luther etc.

This is an interesting idea even if it's slightly weird. What would happen with all those leaders at the same time imagine Julius Caesar, Churchill, Napoleon, Bismark, Sun Tzu, Gandhi and hundreds of others trying to gain influence over the others. It would be chaos.

When version 1.03 comes out, modders have the ability to create new units. The following would be nice to see in a mod.

Artillery Division- Great firepower, slow, expensive, heavy consumption and TC drain
Rocket Artillery Division - As above but faster
Internal Security/Military Police Division - Good suppression, but not as good in combat as a regular inf div. Think of NKVD divisions, the Italian Carabineri units etc.
Anti-Aircraft Division - High air attack value
Tank Destroyer Artillery Division - Like artillery division, but higher hard attack value and weak in soft attack
Light Infantry Division - Cheaper than regular infantry and worse hard attack value, but a bit faster.
Fortress Division - like artillery division, but weaker in attack

A Map Only Mod.

This is kind of a weird notion of mine but its an idea I have always liked. Basically it would be a remade map that changes the shape or placement of existing provinces in order to introduce new challenges to playing the same old countries. Nothing else would change, same nations, events, etc...

I know making a new map is a huge undertaking but preserving existing province ids and not having to change any other details would mean the new map, once made, could be applied to any existing mod without further effort.

Some Ideas such a map could include;
What if England or Japan had a land border with the mainland?
What if the Pripet Marshes were a lake?
What if Ethiopia had access to the sea or a defensive barrier?
What if Alaska was connected to the continental US?
What if the Caspian sea connected to the Black Sea or the Indian Ocean?

I've read all kinds of alternate history, but taking the Point of Divergence, what, 20 million years back is now the longest I've seen :D

Kodiak491, You can apply some of your ideas to the game even without editing DH map which would take much more time:

What if England or Japan had a land border with the mainland?
Technically you can make UK and Japan connected with continents by adding river/sea/canal connection in adj_defs file in map folder. I once played with Africa and Europe connected by river between Gibraltar and Ceuta and by sea connection between Sicily and Tunisia (through Malta) etc. and it was really fun.

What if the Pripet Marshes were a lake?
You can change province terrain from marches to ocean, and then wait till game finish distances recalculation at start of scenario (game freezes for some time).

What if the Caspian sea connected to the Black Sea or the Indian Ocean?
Similar to connecting UK with Europe you could use canal connection and check if it works in game.