• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Are you guys waiting for 1.3 before posting any updates?
Been a little while...

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...provements&p=13542396&viewfull=1#post13542396

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...provements&p=13573028&viewfull=1#post13573028

Personally, I'm sick right now, and not looking forward to a load of college work I have to catch up on when I get better, so I won't be churning out updates to CCIP anytime soon. On the other hand, CCIP's part for the (very very soon) version is done, so not my problem.

sooo, should i just modify the csv files and save over it? or save as another file? I think i'll start with country descriptions, it will take me some time to figure out csv files and functions since i have no experience

You can save over your local copy (but due to language support below, it MIGHT be better to use a separate file) We have version tracking. ;)

We can always revert it to an older version and merge it back.

Incidentally, Chinese has no official language support yet. I wonder if the devs can officially designate a slot in the CSV for Chinese. For now, use the first empty column. If the devs don't implement it, I guess you can overwrite one of the languages and we'll just distribute a separate mods_ZH.csv

I use OpenOffice/Excel to modify it. Make sure your import and export settings are correct. NO text delimiters. Semicolons instead of commas as separators.

Last edited:
You can save over your local copy (but due to language support below, it MIGHT be better to use a separate file) We have version tracking. ;)

We can always revert it to an older version and merge it back.

Incidentally, Chinese has no official language support yet. I wonder if the devs can officially designate a slot in the CSV for Chinese. For now, use the first empty column. If the devs don't implement it, I guess you can overwrite one of the languages and we'll just distribute a separate mods_ZH.csv

I use OpenOffice/Excel to modify it. Make sure your import and export settings are correct. NO text delimiters. Semicolons instead of commas as separators.

my hero ;)

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...provements&p=13542396&viewfull=1#post13542396

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...provements&p=13573028&viewfull=1#post13573028

Personally, I'm sick right now, and not looking forward to a load of college work I have to catch up on when I get better, so I won't be churning out updates to CCIP anytime soon. On the other hand, CCIP's part for the (very very soon) version is done, so not my problem.

Spring break is in a week, hope finals week goes over well for ya.

I'm a little disappointed that all we're missing for the next version is just the text for two nations events, though.

i don't know is this an old problem or not....but i play with Germany and lose WW1 (on purpose) and instead of playing till the end, it seas end scenario...I lost

i don't know is this an old problem or not....but i play with Germany and lose WW1 (on purpose) and instead of playing till the end, it seas end scenario...I lost

DH Problem, not AAR. Please report to DH devs instead. We haven't changed WWI. Unless you are playing the wrong scenario. Were you the one who reported on our website? I answered you there.
You DID play the AAR scenario right, not 1914?

I'm a little disappointed that all we're missing for the next version is just the text for two nations events, though.
Free cookies if you/someone finishes them? Wikipedia+google. Problem solved. All of the devs (you know why I am, Burning's just very busy with other projects, and S has RL issues) are busy atm. :D

Until then, have fun with dev snapshot. All its missing are the event names. Might also contain experimental vp everywhere. Feel free to report bugs (at aarmod.cfuchs.net). We haven't done a full playthrough of it yet. (Please do not bug me about wrong ministers in China post collapse of the Great Chinese Empire, have not written events to wake/sleep/set them yet, you can bug me about wrong ministers/traits in the database though, also, don't bug me about leaders or tech teams)
_________
@ Burning:
Please update the FAQ to remove aar history and add a bit about actually selecting AAR when playing and using scenario end date instead of 1914 or something else. Also, can you update the howtoinstall on our wiki as well? Can't edit the page for some reason.

Last edited:
I noticed a slight problem with the latest download, as in the play-testing one Burning put up a page or so back. Probabaly will have Limith's interest more so. During the Chinese National protection war, when the empire is defeated and returns to Beiyang China under Li Yuanhong and Duan Qirui, the National Protection faction turns into, for some reason, Anhui clique - comprising Yunnan and Fengtien. Thought I'd let you know about it as its happened a few times lol.

@KF: I saw this once, but could never duplicate.

Did NPA choose Go with Sun or side with Cai E?

What country were you?

Did Anhui Clique (ever) exist prior?

What order did the cleanup events fire in (you can give me event ids if you want, or names)

I'm thinking AHC is somehow forming at the same time as cleanup when it shouldn't. Only guess I have so far.

Edit: Can you add this to Anhui Clique rises (133011013) in the triggers and tell me if the problem still happens?
Code:
not = {
			or = {
				and = {
					not = {
						region = { region = "China" country = U74 data = 1 value = 30 }
					}
					exists = U74
				}
				and = {
					not = {
						region = { region = "China" country = UCH data = 1 value = 30 }
					}
					exists = UCH
				}
			}
		}
		not = {
			event = 133011402
		}

Last edited:
@KF: I saw this once, but could never duplicate.

Did NPA choose Go with Sun or side with Cai E?

What country were you?

Did Anhui Clique (ever) exist prior?

What order did the cleanup events fire in (you can give me event ids if you want, or names)

I'm thinking AHC is somehow forming at the same time as cleanup when it shouldn't. Only guess I have so far.

Edit: Can you add this to Anhui Clique rises (133011013) in the triggers and tell me if the problem still happens?
Code:
not = {
			or = {
				and = {
					not = {
						region = { region = "China" country = U74 data = 1 value = 30 }
					}
					exists = U74
				}
				and = {
					not = {
						region = { region = "China" country = UCH data = 1 value = 30 }
					}
					exists = UCH
				}
			}
		}
		not = {
			event = 133011402
		}

I was playing as the UK, I think the NPA sided with Sun and as far as I was aware Anhui didn't exist beforehand. I'll add what you put up and see if it happens again, thanks.

Hi,

I played until 33 with the snapshot, and elections for Germany didn't fire (since Hitler is not in government), and for some reason I can't fire it from console either. Is there any way to make it work?

DH Problem, not AAR. Please report to DH devs instead. We haven't changed WWI. Unless you are playing the wrong scenario. Were you the one who reported on our website? I answered you there.
You DID play the AAR scenario right, not 1914?

Free cookies if you/someone finishes them? Wikipedia+google. Problem solved. All of the devs (you know why I am, Burning's just very busy with other projects, and S has RL issues) are busy atm. :D

Until then, have fun with dev snapshot. All its missing are the event names. Might also contain experimental vp everywhere. Feel free to report bugs (at aarmod.cfuchs.net). We haven't done a full playthrough of it yet. (Please do not bug me about wrong ministers in China post collapse of the Great Chinese Empire, have not written events to wake/sleep/set them yet, you can bug me about wrong ministers/traits in the database though, also, don't bug me about leaders or tech teams)
_________
@ Burning:
Please update the FAQ to remove aar history and add a bit about actually selecting AAR when playing and using scenario end date instead of 1914 or something else. Also, can you update the howtoinstall on our wiki as well? Can't edit the page for some reason.

yeah i did play the right one...aar history, i'll see what is the problem then...thanks for the replay

yeah i did play the right one...aar history, i'll see what is the problem then...thanks for the replay
enddate = { year = 1964 month = january day = 0 } in AAR and AAR-History. Not sure why.

Hi,

I played until 33 with the snapshot, and elections for Germany didn't fire (since Hitler is not in government), and for some reason I can't fire it from console either. Is there any way to make it work?
Oh, interesting!

Thanks for the info! It seems like i made a mistake there, by assigning Hitler as Head of State for germany (minister id 1), while the events do expect Hindenburg to be Head of State, who in turn will assign Hitler to be Head of Government (minister ID 22). Fixed in the next version.

BTW: I've just finished the Yugoslav event descriptions. Though, most of the are just Wikipedia rip-offs.

Last edited:
Oh, interesting!

Thanks for the info! It seems like i made a mistake there, by assigning Hitler as Head of State for germany (minister id 1), while the events do expect Hindenburg to be Head of State, who in turn will assign Hitler to be Head of Government (minister ID 22). Fixed in the next version.

BTW: I've just finished the Yugoslav event descriptions. Though, most of the are just Wikipedia rip-offs.

What else is there to do before the next version is released?

What else is there to do before the next version is released?

Some Austria events seem to miss localization. At least there are a number of events which don't have correct localization strings as descriptions ("EVT_???_DESC"), or have no/mistyped pictures. If someone would like to do them:
View attachment 50520

Some Austria events seem to miss localization. At least there are a number of events which don't have correct localization strings as descriptions ("EVT_???_DESC"), or have no/mistyped pictures. If someone would like to do them:
View attachment 50520

Hi Burning, I am looking at Austrian files now, but what do you want me to write for event descriptions ?

Edit : Ok, I am adding texts mostly using Wikipedia and partly writing myself in order to make it more relevant. It would be also better if event_pics are also uploaded so that I could compare them with events. I have snaphot release but I don't know if more event_pics are added after this release ( For example, I don't have a picture named "surrender" )

Last edited:
Hi Burninh, I am looking at Austrian files now, but what do you want me to write for event descriptions ?

Edit : Ok, I am adding texts mostly using Wikipedia and partly writing myself in order to make it more relevant. It would be also better if event_pics are also uploaded so that I could compare them with events. I have snaphot release but I don't know if more event_pics are added after this release ( For example, I don't have a picture named "surrender" )
Unless I personally edited an event, most of the events in AAR lack proper pictures. You don't need to see the pictures cause there aren't any.