• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is the earliest I've ever managed to form Spain. Inherited Aragon nice and early and formed immediatly afterwards. A few years after this was taken, I got two successive CB's on Portugal which was enough to annex them in two wars with little infamy. The result is that I'm utterly unstoppable already; is it possible to start world conquest with 350 years left, or would I just be completley destroyed by cascading alliances and the like?

Go after the Muslims and start colonizing like mad. If you get lucky you might be able to get a PU with some big European country and inherit them too. After you get Absolute Monarchy it should be easier to expand in Europe.

Go after the Muslims and start colonizing like mad. If you get lucky you might be able to get a PU with some big European country and inherit them too. After you get Absolute Monarchy it should be easier to expand in Europe.

What benefit does the AM bring? Higher infamy limit?

I've been marrying off the daughters of the Spanish king and his family like mad for the past 30 years with no success thus far; ho hum, I guess you can't have every king in Europe die at once, can you :p

Edit: never mind, just checked the wiki; ar eany of the CB bareing NI's good substitutes?

Last edited:
Not an empire as such, but I'd thought I'd share:
The result is that I'm utterly unstoppable already; is it possible to start world conquest with 350 years left, or would I just be completley destroyed by cascading alliances and the like?
Might as well try. Once you have France, Britain, and Italy conquered and cored, it'll be a breeze.

I might just go for it; I still think that a friggin world conquest should be worth more in PP than a measly 20. So it's only slightly harder to capture thrace as the OE than ot is to conquer the whole world? Who thought of that???

There is an issue with PP balance indeed. You get 5PP for winning a battle as France and 10 to annex a vassal, but only 20 to form Germany, which is kind of crazy :) I guess they'll balance it in time...

Nope. I read a post somewhere claiming that Australia wasn't required, but checking the achievements definitions I see that you do. Well, that's the next thing on the list then :p
It's not that Australia isn't required ,it's that as long as you have somewhere in Australasia you're pretty much covered for the achievement. ;)

Nope. I read a post somewhere claiming that Australia wasn't required, but checking the achievements definitions I see that you do. Well, that's the next thing on the list then :p

You don't need Australia itself, but you do need somewhere in Oceania. Australia if you want it, or New Zealand, New Guinea, or the vast majority of the Pacific Islands. Same applies to the other continents, for what it's worth. You don't need to be on the mainland of any of them. When I got the achievement, my North American territory was Greenland and my Asian territory was The Andamans.

Anyone want to try for a continent-spanning Empire comprising only Okinawa, Vanuatu, Zanzibar, Malta, The Falklands and Bermuda? :D

If you go to war The attacker and defender get's there allies in and then their allies get their allies until everyone's uncle is involved

I started as england, i know its cheap but i wanted to try out the game first.
Got cores on france by "occupy paris" mission. Then claimed some thrones (denmark + sweden), and started realeasing vassals, when i became emperor.
After this i moded building to require no magistrates, its frustrating trying to build 230 buildings with magistrates... the worst is that in 1399 ottomans have "every building" that they can build(only 1st but...) on every province which is 30-40 magistrates...
But look, an empire, and it only took me 94 years. heh

It was funn getting "Britania rules the waves", and then changing into france. And personally Calais is the best place for CoT with the +50% towards tax it provides 1,5x what other CoTs you could have. Later i isonaled Lubeck Liguria Antwerpen and destroyed them. Now in my game Its 1541 and CoT in calais is at 5000.

The 100th aniversery of the dawn of the Grand Crusade. I've followed a strict policy of non-interference in Europe. I do not war against fellow Christians, and thus far have managed to completely avoid any wars against Christian countries.

EU3_20-1.jpg

But that picture doesn't tell the whole story. Check out the lovely (?) mustard yellow color on the united big blue blob... I've decided to call him "Blobby" at least until I can integrate him properly.

EU3_MAP_CAS_14991014_1.jpg

Oh, and Spain is SO the emperor. :p Well... techinically Castille is the Emperor. I'll fix that eventually. Well maybe (little hard with out going to war with Christians).

EU3_21-1.jpg

My first game in DW resulted in this mighty Ottoman Empire starting in 1399 (now 1735). Had a hard time at first being attacked from all sides and then later being out-teched by Europe during the mid game but I'm currently at the steam roll stage where no one can really stop me. I fully westernized in the mid 17th century. My plan is to take Paris by the game's end.

EU3_1.bmp

My vassals include Hungary, Silesia and Lithuania. I have no normal allies any longer (not that I need them).

Last edited:
an update to my french empire, cash is so high due to pushing all funds to treasury and trade trying to get QftNW, my inflation and BB are insane so i need to work on that, just got QftNW so i'm evening my sliders out and worked Cultural tradition up to get a level 6 MoM. Nothing really out of the ordinary exept Novgorod took parts of Norway, and i some how beat an english Navy with twice my carracks, and they had an amazing admiral, also used Military Acess thru Scottland to invade england.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

any suggestions on my next move?
NOTE: i already ended the war with the ottomans with some conquest, using my navy by in the straight to divide the empire. also Castille helped out greatly in both wars.

neglected buildings, used merchants all over the place, used a level 6 in trade tech, and had 2 lucky events that brought in 500 gold each. i rake in like 150 gold per month (in treasury about 70 into trade tech), and about 600 to end the year, and most of my army was built by around 1410 so its basicly upkeep and building ships for the last 6 years, also alliances have been fighting most of my wars (mainly the english war and the westen ottomans) also ive neglected my land, naval almost completely to start, and government as soon as i got my first idea.