• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
To the elections: I say go for it, the US really needs them and the suggested candidates make sense.

To the flag: absolutely, your logic is sound and Greece needs to feel a bit more Kaiserreich-y!

agreed the new flag looks way better!

btw does anybody know how to change alliance leaders or join an alliance that nobody is in? for instance defeating the syndicalists then modding yourself into the alliance?

Was wondering if anyone could explain this rather weird situation I had in the game I'm playing: as Austria, I decided to be generally obnoxious during the Ausgleich negotiations -- annexing Bosnia and Galicia, calling for centralization, etc. I ended up going to war with Bohemia and Hungary -- so far, so good. I had annexed Bohemia and was about to finish off Hungary when, out of the blue, Germany declared war on me. My relationship with Germany was near +200 before the declaration.

I didn't really want to go to war with Germany, so I reloaded the game to the last autosave, and sure enough, the same thing happened again, except a few days later this time. Reload again. This time I offer an alliance to Germany and they accept. What is going on? :wacko:

Was wondering if anyone could explain this rather weird situation I had in the game I'm playing: as Austria, I decided to be generally obnoxious during the Ausgleich negotiations -- annexing Bosnia and Galicia, calling for centralization, etc. I ended up going to war with Bohemia and Hungary -- so far, so good. I had annexed Bohemia and was about to finish off Hungary when, out of the blue, Germany declared war on me. My relationship with Germany was near +200 before the declaration.

I didn't really want to go to war with Germany, so I reloaded the game to the last autosave, and sure enough, the same thing happened again, except a few days later this time. Reload again. This time I offer an alliance to Germany and they accept. What is going on? :wacko:
Obiouvsly Germany diskliked you being obnoxious :p

@ Bad_Haggis - the only way to become leader of a major alliance is to mod the game to become it. Also, you cannot revive a dead major alliance.

@ Abednego - Never had any problems with Germany that way. The Germans are usually indifferent towards Austria and Hungary. The only thing I can think of is that both Hungary and Germany decided to support Bulgaria in the Balkanwar and are allied as such.

Pst. Dutchie. You're fan of the week, and it's happened to me too, because Germany has a casus belli on the Austrians because the game 'Declares War' as Austria. The events need to be coded so that Germany will have a Non-Aggro Pact for all sides in the war, and then an event to fire allowing an intervention which then cancels the NAP for whoever the Germans choose if they choose anyone.

i am aware that you have to mod it :rolleyes: but how do you do that? i was thinking of an event where after elections in a country the syndies take over and join the alliance, but at this point syndie international has been annexed

On the whole Austria business, just played a game as them and got DoW'd too. I suggest KaiserMuffins solution, by removing the string that removes the non-aggro pact in the 'Germany presses both'. In the future perhaps I will look for a more elegant solution, but this will work in the meantime.

On a different note, finally tested my German Election chain and it worked :D.

Since I'm already messing with the revolt.txt, then let me say this - corrected :)

As to the tech tree I just use the Cold War extension tree.

Yes Germany CAN be a problem when playing as Austria and trying to centralize the empire. However, when they rule in your favor it's nice. The issue I think is that if they decide to stay neutral or not get involved it doesn't remove the GoI as someone else pointed out.

does anyone know the event command to join a dead alliance?

or anyway of doing it?

As to the tech tree I just use the Cold War extension tree.

Yes Germany CAN be a problem when playing as Austria and trying to centralize the empire. However, when they rule in your favor it's nice. The issue I think is that if they decide to stay neutral or not get involved it doesn't remove the GoI as someone else pointed out.

Indeed, looked into it and a neutral Germany can DoW Austria. I will remove the fact that Germany cancels the non-Aggro pact with Austria and Hungary if it tries to stay neutral.

or anyway of doing it?

I am afraid a dead alliance will remain dead.

or anyway of doing it?

I guess it can be revived by editing the save.

Below the section with the active treaties you find the current alliances (sp?) where you can simply change a current alliance into one of the big three (if the one your changing it into has been killed off) or add new countries to an existing alliance.

I have not tested it myself but it should work.

During my invasion of Qing as Japan, something really weird happened. Qing formed the sino coalition, and rep. china, shangqing, yunnan (an OPM), and xibei joined. Then Qing had the event "Manchuria is conquered and Korea is freed" even though I controlled half their territory. As a result of the event, Qing annexed Fengtien, but rep. china got the land. Now I am left with a missing Fengtien, a messed-up map of China and I can't find such an event in the files. Help!

Solved the problem. Deleted the offending event (in the Japan file), and then xibei, shangqing & yunnan refused to join. So I can still take over Qing without too many problems.

Can you tell us what event was causing the problem so that we can fix the bug?

However, same time there should be added manpower and natural resources to some Transamur province. That's actually quite common problem in Kaiserreich: hundreds of new IC-points have been added, but only very few manpower and resources.

This is crucial and was posted by soemone else and skipped over, so I thought I'd revive it.