• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The prospect of losing any province that is occupied indeed changes things.

France is the only one that I'm concerned about - Russia and Ming have lost enough territory that getting them finished in 110 years shouldn't be a problem.

Of course, if it seems that you're running out of time, force-releasing and then taking the parts can be quicker...

How many continets have you got complete control over?

And could we get a list showing how many nations are left, and how many provinces said countries control.

I love the strategy you're using with France and Russia, but dancing around will not finish the French before the end of the game. I assume the next war or the one after will be when you start taking proper chunks out of them.

Tough luck with the Russians but you still took a respectable haul of provinces off them. Huge numbers of troops and frenzied fort build seem to be the preferred strategies for a pagan only using their own troop type.
You assume correctly, however the war next war against France didn't quite fit into the next chapter, so the "big" war on France should follow in Chapter 60.

And yes, forts and many armies are abslutely necessary for my strategy. The AI doesn't assault a Level 4 fort with less than 20,000 infantry (neither would I) which allows me to overrun the enemy homeland before they even get close to completing a siege.

Start eating France and Russia instead of only poking them. :rolleyes:
That's exactly why I called the last chapter a "failure", after all we only took 21 provinces and force-released another 10 in a bit over three years. ;)

The prospect of losing any province that is occupied indeed changes things.

France is the only one that I'm concerned about - Russia and Ming have lost enough territory that getting them finished in 110 years shouldn't be a problem.

Of course, if it seems that you're running out of time, force-releasing and then taking the parts can be quicker...
Yes, not only would it have cost a ton of warscore to later retake the lost province, there was a distinct chance the Russians (who took hardly any losses during the assault) would have attacked yet another province after Ingermanland. And we simply didn't have the two battleworthy armies we would have needed to intercept them in the area.

How many continets have you got complete control over?

And could we get a list showing how many nations are left, and how many provinces said countries control.
Africa and South America are completely purple, while North America and Oceania are Ashanti only but not yet completely colonized.

Code:
Ashanti	1045
Enemies	196
France	53
Russia	30
Ming	25
Hungary	19
Wu	7
Japan	7
Poland	6
Hesse	5
Scandinavia	4
Würzburg	4
Normandy	3
Castille	3
Great Britain	3
Papal State	3
Aragon	3
Friesland	2
Genoa	2
Norway	2
Munster	1
Maldives	1
Saxony	1
Qara Koyunlu	1
Britanny	1
Sibir	1
Bihar	1
Flanders	1
Meissen	1
Ryuku	1
Tirol	1
Austria	1
Corsica	1
Mongol Khanate	1
Manchu	1

russia will soon be gone , and france will fall next :D
maybe with some artillery help ^^
Who needs artillery if he's got enough men to storm the walls with human pyramids :rofl:

Chapter 58: At least it's not a clip show

Mar 1712: To prevent having to memorize the spelling of Qara Koyunlu, we declare war on them one last time. Scandinavia and Genoa join the losing side.
01-Dow-Qara.jpg

Apr 1712: Good thing we have a second line, because the first one won't be around for long. Also, it seems like the two generals couldn't agree on who got the bottom left spot in Brunswick...
02-Brunswick.jpg

At least our ~19,000 fallen soldiers bought enough time for us to capture Altmark before the Scandinavians can get Brunswick. Thus we can make peace right on time.
03-Peace-Scandinavia.jpg

Jul 1712: We've annexed the two minors and once again took some cash from Genoa.
04-Peace-Genoa.jpg

Nov 1712: We annex the Mongol Khanate, linking our isolated pocket back to our territory.
05-War-Mongol.jpg

Feb 1713: The world feels really small when you're fighting Japanese sponsored, old Prussian rebels under an Ashanti leader.
06-Rebels.jpg

Jun 1713: It's only been ~4 years since the last war on Ming, but the reality is that we don't have anyone left to attack who isn't guaranteed by someone we've got a truce with. And so we attack Wu who've been getting on our nerves with all their merchants...
07-Dow-Wu.jpg

Jul 1713: Lesson of the day: Never sail into a battle between your enemy and pirates. What happened here is that Wu retreated the day our fleet arrived, and our fleet inherited their defeat, despite outnumbering the pirates 11:1.
08-Pirates.jpg

Wu cedes its first three provinces.
09-Peace-Wu.jpg

Oct 1713: Yanza Moyoyo wins another term as Stadtholder. We're so going to pay for this luck...
10-Election.jpg

Nov 1713: We take another 5 provinces from Ming, as seen here from the ever important Castilian perspective.
11-Peace-Ming.jpg

Jan 1714: We wage our second to last war on Great Britain.
12-War-Britain.jpg

Sep 1714: Indeed, our excellent diplomacy has ensured we're hated by less nations today than at any other time in the last few centuries.
13-Diplomacy.jpg

Nov 1714: We declare war on the Maldives, Poland and Japan.
14-Dow-Maldive.jpg

Our other troops haven't even reached Polish territory when our first force is beaten by their (badly underestimated) army. But as usual, while the enemy starts sieging a fort, we can take over their country without further interference.
15-Poland.jpg

Jan/Mar 1715: We annex Maldive, take half of Poland and two months later we reduce Japan to an OPM.
16-Peace-Poland-Japan.jpg

Jun 1715: We declare war on Norway, drawing Scandinavia, Hungary and the Pope into the conflict. Scandinavia offers peace within a few weeks. Since we can't take anything from them anyway, we accept.
17-Dow-Norway.jpg

Aug 1715: After two months, Hungary is beaten...
18-Peace-Hungary.jpg

Sep 1715: ... while Norway proves to be a tougher nut to crack.
19-Iceland.jpg

Nov 1715: But eventually we manage to take a province and make peace, while the Pope sends tribute.
20-Peace-Norway-Pope.jpg

Coming Up: Finally the French truce expires

I can't wait for the big war with France :eek:

Would it be worth bulding some artillery to give your troops some fire support? Or do you feel that would cut down on your mobility too much?

Why couldn't you have saved Qara K. for the end. It would have mocked the british and the franch so much!

Solid cleanup. Here's hoping that the next war with the French is indeed the big one ;)

The multicultural rebellion was indeed funny :D

Now to Beat the Blue Blobbing Behemoth.
Thanks for the inspiration for the Coming Up :D

I can't wait for the big war with France :eek:

Would it be worth bulding some artillery to give your troops some fire support? Or do you feel that would cut down on your mobility too much?
I doubt I'll ever use anything but infantry for the rest of the game. While by this time they'd increase combat strength by quite a bit, there's a reason you rarely see a screenshot of a big decisive battle. There aren't any ;)

Why couldn't you have saved Qara K. for the end. It would have mocked the british and the franch so much!
You'd really want me to end the AAR with a spelling error? ;)

human wave after another , the opponents fall
If only there was a statistic of casualties. I guess it would be around 40/30/30 attrition/assaults/battles.

Solid cleanup. Here's hoping that the next war with the French is indeed the big one ;)

The multicultural rebellion was indeed funny :D
As I said, this will be the last preparatory war. Don't miss chapter 60 (which should include a new goodie I've been working on)

Chapter 59: The final term of Yanza the Tease

Dec 1715: France has stationed 75,000 troops on the border to Britanny and another 37,000 on their Mediterranean coast. This leaves only Aquitaine in the Southwest and Calais as relatively safe places to land troops. Also, Russia has chosen Quest for the New World. They must know of some really new world they are trying to escape to...
01-France.jpg

Jan 1716: Hesse warns us. That's a most unwelcome development since it opens up a land border with France. But since there's nothing we can do about that, we attack with 66,000 soldiers landing on French shores.
02-Dow-Normandy.jpg

After two weeks, we've taken two French provinces and are close to taking Caux, while the French armies start marching towards the invaders. Shortly after this screenshot we make peace with Normandy.
03-Invasion.jpg

Feb 1716: The second wave of assaults also succeeded, though the Army at Perigord is almost out of morale and French troops have arrived. Unfortunately after just one month, France doesn't want to negotiate.
04-Peak.jpg

Mar 1716: Ultimately we have to make peace through Hesse, although we would have preferred a seperate peace with them later. We now have our first three provinces bordering France.
05-Peace-Hesse.jpg

Apr 1716: Make that four, as we annex Brittany.
06-War-Brittany.jpg

Jun 1716: Or five, after Flanders declares war. We also release Friesland from vassalisation.
07-War-Flanders.jpg

Nov 1716: We declare war on Russia, and finally we can also attack Aragon.
08-Dow-Russia.jpg

In the same month, a colonist arriving in Navajo fills the final hole in North America.
09-North-America.jpg

Jan 1717: Aragon is reduced to Barcelona.
10-Peace-Aragon.jpg

And while we have lost the Battle of Ingermanland once again, this time the Russians can't start an assault for at least two months.
11-Ingermanland.jpg

Apr 1717: As predicted, this time we don't have to end our war prematurely, and we cut Russia in pieces, hoping rebels will do some of the work for us. Shortly thereafter, the Russians move their capital to Moskva.
12-Peace-Russia.jpg

Oct 1717: After three terms, Yanza Moyoyo retires from public life and is replaced by Yanza Sadami. While his qualifications don't seem too brilliant, he's exactly the man we need to screw the French.
13-Election.jpg

Jan 1718: We declare war on Ryukyu, dragging every East Asian nation besides Manchu into the fight.
14-Dow-Ryukyu.jpg

Feb 1718: After the first month we've annexed Japan and made progress on the mainland.
15-Annex-Japan.jpg

Apr 1718: And a further two months later, we annex Ryukyu and get two 100 warscore peace agreements with Wu and Ming.
16-Peace-Ming.jpg

Jul 1718: Our final two African provinces have cored.

Mar 1719: During our diplomat buildup we've gathered a few warnings which we'll deal with now.
17-Dow-Britain.jpg

May 1719: And thus we're back down to no diplomats. And no Great Britain for that matter, as the Empire ends with a whimper.
18-Peace.jpg

And to celebrate the conquest of London we recruit our 2 Millionth soldier (and 2000 extra for the parade)
19-Army.jpg

Coming Up: Brutally Breaking Big Bad Blue Blobby Behemoth's Backbone

Why do you have all those fleets all over the place in NA. I don't play EU, but I wonder, what can they be doing in such small groups. Hunting Pirates?

Too many Bs!!!!!!! Aaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!!

Good going though, you got a field goal. Time to go for a touchdown now.

Heh, I don't remember seeing that many soldiers before... Although I do realize why they're of use here.

Despite the Hesse situation you managed to open several fronts on the French. That should be helpful.

Yay for Ashanti America! :D

I guess that, at least now, it is safe to say that the Russians are done.

Looking forward to Chapter 60, epic war and "goodie" (whatever that is :D).

God (didn't) save our precious queen!

Now to get the Russians down!