• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

WordyBird

Corporal
30 Badges
Jun 12, 2021
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Magicka
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • War of the Roses
  • Victoria 2
TL;DR (why don't these usually go at the start?) - hope the Custodian Team lets Zroni archeology sites spawn on non-habitable planets.

An issue with Ancient Relics that I hope the new Custodian Team (good luck to you folks, I genuinely mean that) will revisit. In a galaxy with the recommended number of AI empires and standard Habitable World ratio, getting five habitable worlds that are close together within your borders without a costly early war is not likely - and unlike the vanilla Precursors, you can't just wait a few decades for a site to spontaneously generate on a planet you already own, or get a free insight from a friendly neighbor. And getting the Zroni early is pretty essential to playing Spiritualist, not even to excel but to just stay somewhat competitive.

I know that this very well might have a "working as intended" sticker slapped on it, but I hope the Custodians will reconsider.

• 1Like
Reactions:
TL;DR (why don't these usually go at the start?) - hope the Custodian Team lets Zroni archeology sites spawn on non-habitable planets.
... and make those non-habitable planets terraforming candidates.

Fits the lore, and it's a bonus which helps even non-psionic empires.

Reactions:

Good idea, so you wont think "oh I got sh*t" when you found them as materialist (which want synth)

• 1Like
Reactions:

Brilliant addition! Now to just hope the Custodian Team reads this thread... I'm new here, so I have no idea how often they even look in the Suggestion forum.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Brilliant addition! Now to just hope the Custodian Team reads this thread... I'm new here, so I have no idea how often they even look in the Suggestion forum.
They probably read, but they don't post often

An issue with Ancient Relics that I hope the new Custodian Team (good luck to you folks, I genuinely mean that) will revisit. In a galaxy with the recommended number of AI empires and standard Habitable World ratio, getting five habitable worlds that are close together within your borders without a costly early war is not likely - and unlike the vanilla Precursors, you can't just wait a few decades for a site to spontaneously generate on a planet you already own, or get a free insight from a friendly neighbor. And getting the Zroni early is pretty essential to playing Spiritualist, not even to excel but to just stay somewhat competitive.

I know that this very well might have a "working as intended" sticker slapped on it, but I hope the Custodians will reconsider.

I agree with this. I'm also trying to do a Zroni playthrough with achievements enabled. Over the past three days I've restarted over 70 times. What I'm doing is starting a new save, checking the save file if my neighbor systems with habitable planets are flagged for Zroni, and then if they are just playing those rather than immediately restarting like the rest of them. Of those 70+ restarts (basing this on the number of times I've deleted the zipped copy of the save file in my trash bin) Zroni have spawned in my neighbor systems 3 times. I've given all 3 of those playthroughs at least 5 years, and in all 3 playthroughs the dig site never spawned despite the systems being flagged for it. Numerous planets surveyed, all other surveying ignored.

For anyone who finds everything I've described above to be a fun way to play, sorry for suggesting this change. For the rest of us, this is tedious and makes me not want to play at all. If we want to play with this precursor, it shouldn't be so hard to do so. You can maintain randomness without making it THIS hard. Please change it.

Reactions: