• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
lloyd007 said:

ya!!

A few requests beta testers.

The whole game is there 'except the exe. file and config file' etc. in the main Guild Imperium folder. You need only place as is on a hard-drive and then add in your own exe. and the files found with it. You must of course have added or then apply the NTL on the exe.

Please play with counters only, as they are what is included and go with the mod theme. There is no sound. Play on 'easy' setting 'very aggressive' (this should already be set). Also please leave the board colors as is for beta. And play in 'nofog' a lot. Observe the AI behaviors.

Many thanks!!!!!

So I didn't need to make a new copy of my Hearts of Iron 2 folder?

:eek:o

So the only things I need to add into the folders are the .exe

What files are found with it?

*is confused*

GeneralHannibal said:
So I didn't need to make a new copy of my Hearts of Iron 2 folder?

:eek:o

So the only things I need to add into the folders are the .exe

What files are found with it?

*is confused*

config.eu
history.txt
libbz2.dll
savedebug.txt
settings.cfg
HoI2.exe(1.3a with NTL)

=======================
I did not investigate the rhyme and reason for these files here; just that I do not mod them and did not include them. But I changed so much else, I just included the whole file tree, cause it does make it much more simpler.

Well great and download may take a spell, unless it moves faster than upload does.

If any beta tester still have trouble please let me know by email or here and I will give you another direct link. As I have figured out that much now.

When someone gets theirs downloaded and going I would like to know, so I be more 'settled' about it all working well.

Thanks again.

ENJOY my heart and soul is in this mod.
:D

Got it, long download but looks awesome! The sheer amount of work you put into it will be seen I am sure Yukala, thanks for all the hours and long nights! Now I can play an AI which can bite back :D

config.eu
history.txt
libbz2.dll
savedebug.txt
settings.cfg
HoI2.exe(1.3a with NTL)

Are these included in the downloaded version of the game? (forgive my ignorance..)

I got it downloaded but there are no sound effects or music. Any way to add those in or did i do something wrong?

edit: NM just copy over the contents of the sfx and music folders from vanilla. I'll leave this up just in case anyone else wants to know.

Lafayette53 said:
Got it, long download but looks awesome! The sheer amount of work you put into it will be seen I am sure Yukala, thanks for all the hours and long nights! Now I can play an AI which can bite back :D

Are these included in the downloaded version of the game? (forgive my ignorance..)

Everything is there 'except' the exe. and those few files all of which should be placed free floating in the Guild Imperium folder you downloaded. The entire mod itself is in the other folders as they need be.

Sound files are missing, cause I do not play with sound or load sound files or do I load sprites as I play with counters only and no sound. This decreases the processing load for the computer.

lloyd007 said:
I can certainly beleive that. It's a QOL thing for me though since a silent game just feels wrong but for handsoff test games that is different.

Ya I kind of figured some would load sound back into the files.

Actually the processing load is less than in the Risk Betas.

I trust all have figured out how to run this puppy.

hmm, I cannot find the damned EXE for some reason.. Can't explain it, could you upload the file with those unattached things or offer any other suggestions? (All I have is Lbbz2.dlll and settings.cfg)

Lafayette53 said:
hmm, I cannot find the damned EXE for some reason.. Can't explain it, could you upload the file with those unattached things or offer any other suggestions? (All I have is Lbbz2.dlll and settings.cfg)

Well I cannot pass out the exe.

But you must be missing something? The game can't work without an exe. file and it would have nice little picture icon. Maybe you moved it to the desktop instead of making a short-cut to it?

Can you run the original game that was there, if so the exe is there.

Yukala said:
Well I cannot pass out the exe.

But you must be missing something? The game can't work without an exe. file and it would have nice little picture icon. Maybe you moved it to the desktop instead of making a short-cut to it?

Can you run the original game that was there, if so the exe is there.

I see it, and remember that law now. :rofl:

Sorry for taking your time Yukala, installing now. I will make up with an AAR if I can get good enough at this :cool:

Lafayette53 said:
I see it, and remember that law now. :rofl:

Sorry for taking your time Yukala, installing now. I will make up with an AAR if I can get good enough at this :cool:

You're welcome!

And I want an AAR especially if you lose a lot. :D
:rofl:

If you want the units sprites and sound you got to take it from the hoi2 folder or install all guild imperium files into the hoi2 folder

Found a bug
basic Militia have 25 air attack and 500 air defence ...
well you should review the full milicia...

I also think you could add some build time to ships,

Last edited:
BlackNeurosis said:
If you want the units sprites and sound you got to take it from the hoi2 folder or install all guild imperium files into the hoi2 folder

Found a bug
basic Milicia have 25 air attack and 500 air defence ...
well you should review the full milicia...

I also think you could add some build time to ships,

Not a bug. A design feature. :D See the manpower cost? And they melt like water in combat. And they are only good in certain situations.

All build times are fast and wait till you use that navy for a few wars. :D
It will be at the bottom the ocean before you can cross it.

Oh glad you got it going!!

Here are few things since you are new to Risk Battle Mods.

War time emergencies will curb navy builds. Air power is ruthless and AI's will hammer you on both land and sea. They will also bomb your IC down 50 points if you are not careful. AI's use navies, be wary I have yet to see very many players actually use their navy for any length of time.