• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(42223)

Imperial Minister
Mar 28, 2005
Yukala's Guild Imperium BETA Thread

Hi all beta testers!!

As some of you read, RiskBattleMod5 has morphed to something similiar; that is titled: Guild Imperium.

It does not mean I am abandoning the Risk Battle Mod line but rather it reflects the nature of its natural unfoldment.

My intention is produce many mods and variations on three platforms, HOI2, DD and ARMA: by fast assembling mod pieces proven useful by beta testing.

So Guild Imperium is in the fore because it embodies the use of puppets and near no units in the OOB. It also sports at this time an amended diplomacy event chain that handles all war making. Alliances are fixed and at start. The AI is new. The supporting misc.txt is amended to best support this AI battlemod engine.

As is, this mod plays dynamic for first couple of years then holds to a constant for no other event chains are in place, neither the revolt file or supporting event chains.

But, it is an excellent mod for testing your war making abilities. You must build your own as does the AI's and be ready for war inside six months generally. This AI has not played against by any human including me. :cool:

So what I need is beta testers to log on here and then PM your e-mail address.

I have upgraded my Boxnet account so I can individually add each beta-tester in, so you can access files or post them there if needed.

I will post more info as we go. For this beta test has some specific objectives.

Many gracious thanks!!!
:D

Last edited:
For Clarification

I have in mind this beta test as closed for those who have been with me off and on here and there active. By giving feedback and encouragement etc. and especially those contributing AAR's. Which are my favorite form of feedback.
:eek: Well except for blantant praise of course.

Do not be shy if you are very interested and have time and patience to feedback and go through a normal beta cycle.

Thanks again.

==========================
So far of last and late list of beta testers!!
==========================

GeneralHannibal (got it now thanks!)
therev (got it now thanks!)
lloyd007 (got it now thanks!)
Lafayette53 (got it now thanks!)
EvilSanta
Tribolute
Sybot

Last edited:
GeneralHannibal said:

Great I have GeneralHannibal email address and will need everyone else's again to be sure it is correct etc.

With your email address you will given notice from Boxnet and then given individual access to all mod files.

Thanks!!

Guild Imperium as Beta 1 is now hours away.

I just completed the scenario loads screen complete with a whole Guild Imperium World picture just below country descriptions. So I will tailor said descriptions so you can read and see the position of each country fairly easy. At least somewhat and a visual that corresponds to flag/description right off gives the 'feel' of the Guild Imperium World.

So if anyone else wishes to sign up as a beta tester, please pm me with your e-mail address.

This beta test I hope will proceed swiftly, especially compared to building the bloody thing. :eek:

It is a closed beta, by which I mean to keep the inner workings under wraps and not disclosed or shared with anyone, so I can have first crack at corrections before I publically release as Guild Imperium One.

AAR's are perferrable but not required feed-back. Or you can just do your own thread here in this forum and we can discourse your experience as a player.

Fewer beta's that are active is much better than anything else.

Last edited:
How close is this "hours away"? :D

GeneralHannibal said:
How close is this "hours away"? :D

Well the descriptions are only one file.
:cool:

I went to bed at 5am. I quit an hour earlier when I started getting fuzzy...
:eek:

Yukala said:
Well the descriptions are only one file.
:cool:

I went to bed at 5am. I quit an hour earlier when I started getting fuzzy...
:eek:

Ah. I will be going out in about 2.5 hours for the night, but when I get back, you know what I expect ;)

GeneralHannibal said:
Ah. I will be going out in about 2.5 hours for the night, but when I get back, you know what I expect ;)

I sent out test email to the beta testers. Did you get yours?

Yukala said:
I sent out test email to the beta testers. Did you get yours?

No :confused: :eek: :wacko: :eek:

I'll rePM you it just to make sure :)

GeneralHannibal said:
No :confused: :eek: :wacko: :eek:

I'll rePM you it just to make sure :)

Got it!! Corrected it, sorry. :eek:

Lafayette53 said:

I hope that means you got the download link from boxnet and have downloaded the mod?

Lafayette53 said:
No it doesn't sadly. :(

Ok I will do it the invitations again.

I received your first e-mail but I haven't gotten the instruction e-mail yet. Also people might not be getting it since you have a yahoo email and it might be going into spam or something like that (which is what might be happening with Hannibal).

Maybe you forgot to send the invites the first time. Anyway, downloading and at 30% right now :)

lloyd007 said:
I received your first e-mail but I haven't gotten the instruction e-mail yet. Also people might not be getting it since you have a yahoo email and it might be going into spam or something like that (which is what might be happening with Hannibal).

Well I do not know how it works exactly, but I sent you a short-cut link. It should work straight away.

Let me know if it works.