• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(42223)

Imperial Minister
Mar 28, 2005
Yukala's AI Test on Vanilla

As stated in the mega-thread these are the general parameters of this AI Test.

Well to bring a test more to home.
I did the following just lately.

I loaded up DD_1.1 (cause I did not ever play so I never patched up to 1.3a.
I stripped out all AI's and all AI's switches 1939 scenario (which means I eliminated by placing them in a archived folder)
I disabled ALL events via the 1939 eug.
I amended 1939 eug. to have USA start as a ally at war, same with Italy. Amended Finland and SOV diplomacy so war would ensue without events etc.
This eliminated the GER advantage for fighting FRA. (contained in the FRA AI file)
I eliminated SOV GDE handicap entirely

I placed my AI as the only AI running every single country in the DD_1.1 1939 scenario.
Aside from the 'rough diplomacy fit' which I mostly only made work by amending the 1939.eug and a handful of lines in various country inc. everything ran fine.

Oh and most important for good battles; I also swapped in my misc.txt file which is important as vanilla DD_1.1 misc.txt file un-acceptable.

What started me down this path besides wanting to get around to it is seeing if I could get UK to give some land units to FRA. Well thy will not but I now why, however Australia did, Canada did and New Zealand did. That was good enough.

The AI performance is largely the same from Guild Imperium to DD_1.1 1939 scenario. Differences can be accounted for in the diplomacy model which is far more complicated in vanilla than I see as needful. (my prejudice) Also, I would change the stats on two units straight off, militia and sea transport ships. But that is my preference and understanding. Not necessary of course and I did not do it for this play test.

Disclosure.
No other AI's or AI events are present.

This AI is Yukala built entirely. There are no events in this test. Which means no AI events, no other events of my making. In furthers test I eliminated or disabled even ALL vanilla events. No gifted units etc. Vanilla OOB. etc.

ausjapfrontvh5.gif

Australian_Japanese Front

feb42allieshongkongea5.gif

Allies on HongKong

feb42frataiwanpv9.gif

France on Taiwan

july41japandt8.gif

Japan

Last edited:
Some more...

Chinas front with jap and sov

German Balkan Front includes Allied Turkey

German south balkan front 1 of 3 fronts

The Soviet wars and fronts...

Soviet front with Chinas at Mongolia, 1 of 3 Soviet fronts

Soviet Central front with Germany

Soviet German front in Scandinavia

Soviet two wars, three fronts

Some more from same game...

USA had taken Tripoli earlier

National Spain takes Gilbraltar

France in a split Med

USA Eastern Seaboard Defense

Thanks to anyones interest in looking over these picture posts.
:D
This is all about learning and I again learned from porting a battlemod AI into a normal historical scenario.

However, I would also like to additionally disclose that this AI is NOT tested against human players yet. But I look forward to it or something similiar with AI event switches in the coming months.

It just takes a lot of work to build an AI from scratch and test, test and more test. Yet progress continues to be gratifying and I wish all other AI modders Good Fortunes on their own efforts.

Though I did not use Lothos fine AI work or build off of it, I do study it and use it as a 'constant' to refer to which is very handy, as well as looking into the thinking that he poured into it. On that note I am very much looking forward into seeing the last vanilla AI ARMA: iteration that will most likely come with Anthology which I ordered first day available.

AI cheats can actually come in many shades and colors not limited to just unit gifting. This vanilla test used none.

But that does not mean I will restrict myself to not using them in my mods. ;)

Perhaps you could release a Beta4.5 before starting work on this ;) ?

GeneralHannibal said:
Perhaps you could release a Beta4.5 before starting work on this ;) ?

Perhaps!

I am working everything, like AI matrixes, event chains, and scenario set-up so I can put out many a scenario in furious hurry for HOI2, DD and ARMA each their editions.

At first I thought the learning curve to be a bit much, but so much anymore.

Right now I am working on building the revolt files and few other event chains all interchangeable. So things can be layered in and turned on and off via either event or difficulty setting.

Yukala's Conversion of Vanilla Scenarios in DD_1.3a

This and maybe ARMA I now consider feasable with more experimentation. There are three areas I will address.

AI
Diplomacy
Unit stats

The AI is feasable to overhaul/replace.

The Diplomacy need be too and replaced with more mechanical event chains. Game play will not seem that different except the players ability to go 'ahistorical' can be near nil unless you chose by event to have it go otherwise.

Unit stat manipulation will be very minimal. And be mostly to sea transports and militia.

Any big D-Day landings?

GeneralHannibal said:
Any big D-Day landings?

Perhaps, after I experiment more with specialized Pirates Nations where I intend to have them invade by theme only certain nations under certain conditions.

But I have ideas only, some experience and experimentation to prove it out.

But it must be doable if the commands are return 'true' as designed. Some do not you know, but most do now I have found.

Right now I do not care were they bloody invade, just go by goodly opportunity, but when you add in WWII historical expectations, that can get a little more messy.
:eek:

Have there been any big naval invasions period?

GeneralHannibal said:
Have there been any big naval invasions period?

What you see here is as far as I bothered to take it in vanilla so far. Here no, only many small ones. But to have it be as it is in Guild Imperium, would take gutting out the 'diplomacy' and amending the sea transport stats a bit.

As far as a solution for UK, I would dump all colonial holdings and switch them to puppet states.

Yukala said:
What you see here is as far as I bothered to take it in vanilla so far. Here no, only many small ones. But to have it be as it is in Guild Imperium, would take gutting out the 'diplomacy' and amending the sea transport stats a bit.

As far as a solution for UK, I would dump all colonial holdings and switch them to puppet states.

Would they still send troops to fight in far-away countries then?

GeneralHannibal said:
Would they still send troops to fight in far-away countries then?

Well it will be more work to curb that. Will see.
:)

This is still a little down the priority list.
But always good to make some progress.