• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I found it at last! Well kind of.

In the scenario files, after all main sections (policy, manpower, controlled provinces, etc.), there is a section called dormant leaders and bellow it the dormant units, I deleted both of those, basically everything after the provinces section, for Serbia, Slovenia, RSK and Srpska and now finally the game doesn't crash on first june. Now I just have to figure out which scenario file exactly it is and which part. The good news is that is not the SFRY file which has huge amounts of text, and it's not the events folder, since I didn't delete the events now. :)

It's most likely the "15000" units from the savedebug I mentioned in the previous post, I just don't know who those units belong to, 10500 belongs to some Serbian unit I think, actually I just checked the current savedebug, I left the 10500, but it doesn't show the "15000" units at all, so they must be in one of the scenario files I edited (Serbia, Slovenia, RSK, Srpska)

Now I did solve it, in the scenario file for Serbia, there is something like "units to be built for JNA" or something like that and then several units marked "15000", I deleted that entire section and no more problems, also the million&1 issue is related to a red star football event, maybe misc events or something, deleted that as well. Once I fixed these 2 problems, I could enter the game without any issues, previously I got an error warning when entering the game and had to press enter in order to start the game, now it just starts normally without any problems. :)

But, now I discovered new problems, I don't know how I am the only one affected, but apparently events put to sleep are causing crashes for me, I had at least 5 different cases where I get a crash, go to savedebug and it says eventnumber "couldn't be fired because it has been slept" , then I find the event and delete it and it works, few days pass and new event crashes due to it being slept, I delete that second event and same thing over and over again.

I also played the Putin mod (modern day mod), there are a lot of events there too, many with choices and yet I never had a single issue with it and Yugoslav wars is practically unplayable for me for some reason. :(

Ok. So game mechanics has clearly changed. Slept events and duplicated unit ids wouldn't cause crashes before. Good you have found what is the problem. Maybe on day I get back to this to issue 'a nicer final version'. In the meantime hopefully people will find your threads.

What version did you play the mod with the last? I played it with 1.04 before I figured out the june problem, but then during my fixing adventure I upgraded to 1.05 and I think that's when I even reached these duplocate issues (it happened with red star and barracks related events, but Croatian war events as well, however the Slovenian war gave me warnings in savedebug for slept events, but it didn't crash, so apparently not all slept events crash the game)

Not sure how Putin's mod is structured, doesn't it have slept events as well?

Perhaps it will work on a older version of the game, although I am not sure if the mod is even compatible with the version 1.00 or something.

What version did you play the mod with the last? I played it with 1.04 before I figured out the june problem, but then during my fixing adventure I upgraded to 1.05 and I think that's when I even reached these duplocate issues (it happened with red star and barracks related events, but Croatian war events as well, however the Slovenian war gave me warnings in savedebug for slept events, but it didn't crash, so apparently not all slept events crash the game)
I have played lots of games on 1.04. Mostly hands off until 1993 when events stop covering the game. If I had more people contributing to the mod it might have still be alive. Shame you didn't show up earlier as these reports would have been followed and issues resolved.
It is a dead mod. You have picked up a dump of files that were WIP and perhaps there were errors in those, perhaps there is a change in game mechanics... I don't know, I haven't investigated... I have left this work behind me. I will leave that pleasure to someone else. :)

Not sure how Putin's mod is structured, doesn't it have slept events as well?
Not sure what is this mod and not sure why it is relevant.

Perhaps it will work on a older version of the game, although I am not sure if the mod is even compatible with the version 1.00 or something.
It worked well on 1.04. Version on 1.05 ran on my laptop for exactly 10 seconds before I stopped it. I only wanted to make sure game will load. I am not supporting it any more. I did you guys favour to help you continue if you are interested.

Best of luck
Hog

Putin mod is a modern world mod set in 2015 I think, it has loads and loads of events and options, that's why I mentioned it, the author is Novapaddy or something like that, it was one of the biggest mods here, but the topic was locked because of some non-mod childish fights.

Anyway, great news, I got it to work perfectly on a 1.04, actually the version I modded (where I deleted the duplicate units and a few less important events), standard mod version still crashes due to duplicate units.

If anyone is interested to help mod transition to HOI4 send me a PM please...
Looking for someone with some graphics skills but any help is welcomed.

I know this has been dead for a while, but any update on the hoi4 mod?
I am still very slowly working on it. I have only one person helping me atm mostly with GFX. Few others have responded but faded away soon after. Anyone thinking they could help please get in touch.

Here is some sort of the changelog I am trying to keep but it is probably not complete:

-- MAP
- new customer map for Yugoslavia [WIP]
- "Total conversion mod template" - to kick start mod's work

-- GRAPHICS
- new leader and minister portraits [WIP] by PROKOS
- Croatia
- Herzeg-Bosnia
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- County Flags - from Millennium Mod
- flags for modern nations
- Ideas graphics [WIP] by PROKOS
- Factory logos [WIP]

-- TECHNOLOGY AND UNITS
- new Yugoslav era Technology appropriate tree
- Armour, Mechanised, artillery
- Helicopters, Air-force
- support light and medium tanks units, techs and graphics
- incorporated Snake5's "MoreUnitTypes+EquipmentUpgrading"
- elite mechs, tanks and infantry units, techs and graphics
- garrison unit, techs and graphics
- incorporated "mdmoreunits" - mod
- helicopters units, techs and graphics
- incorporated "armouredcar" - mod
- armoured car unit, techs and graphics

-- NATIONAL FOCUS
- Arms Factories

-- IDEAS
- Arms Factories [Advisors]
- Hidden Arms factory bonuses

-- TRAITS
- Ammunition manufacturer
- Artillery manufacturer

-- SCRIPTED TRIGGERS
- Arms Factory control used for Ideas and National Focuses

Wow, I'm surprised this mod is still being worked on. I used to work on it, with what limited abilities I had at the time.

Although sadly I can not aid anymore, and probably unable to give proper help anyway, I am glad to see mod ain't dead.