• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Rozmarzony

Field Marshal
28 Badges
Feb 14, 2012
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
As in the title, you will be choosing specific person for me, and I will play as him with some describing and screen show around that thread. :)
But remember, I prefer to play the game, in which I will be badly losing, so some useful threads for you: Interesting characters from CK2 and Very hard starts.
So you know, I'm waiting for propositions.

General rules:
No loading.

Chapters:

PRE-CHARLEMAGNE

von Oosterzele dynasty - victory
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4

Nakonid dynasty - victory
Chapter 5

Bulgaria - victory
Chapter 6

Bavandid dynasty - defeat
Chapter 7

Bavandid dynasty #2 - abolished
Chapter 8

Bavandid dynasty #3 - victory
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

El Cid - victory
Chapter 11
Chapter 12

Mu'nis "the Eunuch" - victory
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Sawdan - victory
Chapter 15

Kola Sami - victory
Chapter 16

Roussel de Bailleul - defeat
Chapter 17

Roussel de Bailleul #2 - victory
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Northumberland - victory
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Rustanid - victory
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Erik the Heathen - defeat
Chapter 26

Erik the Heathen #2 - victory
Chapter 27a
Chapter 27b

Nubia - victory
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Manichean - victory
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Carolingian Restoration - abolished
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Carolingian Restoration #2 - victory
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37

CHARLEMAGNE

Suggestions:
-von Oosterzele (dutch) count in England in 1066
-Nakonid (pomeranian catholic) count of Lubeck in 1066
-Sawdan in 867
-Roussel de Bailleul in 1072 without converting/messing with Byzantine
-Norse Pagan Count in Lotharingia
-Ingrians in 1066
-Bavandid (hardest zoro start) in 867
-Bulgaria in 867 without losing any lands to Magyars
-El Cid in 1094
-Emir Mu'nis "the Eunuch" of Galilee in 867
-Spanish Christian nation in ToG start
-Kola Sami in 867
-Hashishins
-Erik the Heathen in 1066
-Kartid Satrapy in 1337
-Petty King Edmund of East Anglia
-Northumberland in 867
-Icelandic counts
-Rustamids, the Ibadi Emirs in Mauretania in 867
-Count of Krakow
-the Petty King of Norrland in 1086
-Count of Malta and own every isle in the mediterranian sea
-King of Nubia in 1066
-Manichaean count
-Catholic heresy start
-Raimbaud de Afranji, 1072
-Count of Bamberg 867
-Count of Luxembourg in 867
-Osman in 1299
-Count of Vermandois in 1066: Heribert IV (the last Carolingian)
-Byzantine Empire: count of Tyana, Theophylactos Abstartos, father of the future emperor Romanos Lekapenos. Since Charsianon' capital is in Tyana, current doux can take away your demesne as soon as possible. (867)
-1066 start, as Budec Subic, Count of Zadar in the Croatia kingdom?
-Anushtiginid (1221, eastern side of map)
-Kingdom of East Anglia in 867
-Apskhih Isbulid, Count of Fejer. An Avar Tengri under the Bohemian Catholic independent duke of Balaton.

(Interactivity approved by Mr. Capiatlist)

Last edited:
There's a Dutch Count in England at the bookmark after Stamford Bridge. I will have to look to find out who it is again. I tried playing him and it went horribly.

Chapter 1
1066 - 1075
von Oosterzele dynasty

There's a Dutch Count in England at the bookmark after Stamford Bridge. I will have to look to find out who it is again.

1.jpg

Thanks tnick0225 for first pick! Well, I didn't even knew that there is dutch guy in norman England... classic low count start. Only way to expand is by claims thanks to -family connections -chancellor (eventually using the pope)

2.jpg

However, after doing starting moves, pilgrim, some plots, setting up entire council etc. my character was leading forces of Wiliam and thanks to it died few years after start of the game.

1.jpg

Entire starting family... hope others will be more lucky.

3.jpg

Brother in power. A little worse ruler but for now stats have no significant impact on the game.

4.jpg

Managed to matri marry sister to son of king of France... pretty fast way to gain claim for entire kingdom. Huh. So time to gather gold!

5.jpg

By some plot created claim for entire duchy... but crown authority is medium so can't fight for it.

Last edited:
Chapter 2
1075 - 1096
von Oosterzele dynasty

1.jpg

Messing with kingdom of France. I want it to be as weak as possible.

2.jpg

Unfortunately my sister died young. At least her daughter will have claim for France.

3.jpg

Matri-marry betrothal for my daughter. Possible claim for Denmark.

4.jpg

Changed laws to elective. Now I can choose best option for expansion.

5.jpg

After a lot of years got first claim on some lands in Wales.

6.jpg

With 1 hired merc company attacked and lost.

7.jpg

Had to hire one more to overrun enemy armies. In following months I won the war and yay, got second county.

8.jpg

Another matri-marry betrothal for my daughter. Possible claim for England. What's better, it will be strong one.

9.jpg

Try for getting claim for Poland too.

Thanks to all my kids I will have chances to gain control over England/France/Denmark/Poland.

liber.jpg

In the meantime France lost Aquitaine thanks to some noble liberator.

1.jpg

Another fast death.

2.jpg

My new ruler, daughter of sister. Picked her cause she was the oldest one.

3.jpg

Some nice, but in overall useless event for me.

4.jpg

Matri-marry France claimant. Well.

5.jpg

After William died killed his oldest son by some plot.

6.jpg

Now some child is the king, however, still no one is joining to the factions...

7.jpg

Current ruler of the France is some woman from capet dynasty, having really small forces.

8.jpg

And what's better, duke of Normandy and HRE are fighting with her.

9.jpg

Best time for my try too.

1.jpg

Two cheapest mercs bands combined with my personal forces landed in France.

2.jpg

After HRE won the war I could easily assault 3 holdings with only 400 garrison per holding.

3.jpg

What's funnier, Duke of Normandy won war and Renaud became new king of France, choosing as his heir his brother, my husband and claimant in the current war. However, I can't kill Renaud by plot so I will continue the war.

Chapter 3
1096 - 1117
von Oosterzele dynasty

1.jpg

When I was busy in France, king of England got invaded by Danes... and he have only 12k soldiers, so poor Normans.

2.jpg

Don't worry, I can still continue claimant war as my next character.

3.jpg

New ruler. Her wife is Magnus with claim for England.

4.jpg

Her place in family tree. Previous lady was daughter of Gundred.

5.jpg

Unlucky claimant died too in following months. Hundreds of golds for mercs went for nothing!

6.jpg

New king of England, while he isn't liked by the vassals, he still have free troops.

7.jpg

England has some civil war caused by independent faction.

Failed with France? There are always other kingdoms waiting for me!

8.jpg

A lot of the vassals joined to my side wanting to push claim of my husband. As you can see, I hired 3 mercs bands to deal with free troops.

9.jpg

Other view for situation.

1.jpg

When all danish forces were near my, I hired one more merc band. However, it was necessary because during the battle 4k army of rebels from independent faction helped me to crush enemy.

2.jpg

Also managed to kill king of Sweden, ally of danish king.

3.jpg

I will not go into details, cause after destroying their main stack later war was all about doing siege there and there and assault if possible. Before accepting their surrender, I waited for independence faction to win first for obvious reasons.

4.jpg

I really want to skip entire duke phase in this game.

5.jpg

During the war chancellor did claim for Navarra, so before firing mercs I declared war as fast as possible. Why Navarra? Well, it's almost OPM, and if all my "big" ambitions will fail, I could always expand into Moors using holy orders.

6.jpg

Well...

7.jpg

At least, it should help him to hold the crown and with pleasing rest of vassals.

8.jpg

My hopes haven't been fulfilled and some claimant declared war for England with his 5k army... huh.

9.jpg

Uff... managed to kill by plots, but I can't do it with everyone.

1.jpg

My husband turned out to be a coward and accepted ultimatum when new faction formed. All my effort for nothing?

2.jpg

My character really didn't wanted to give away her crown.

3.jpg

List of kings, if anyone is interested.

4.jpg

After change in power Magnus created faction... well I joined to him and then happened something ridiculous. AI was basing % on my mercenaries and Magnus declared war for England... what the...

5.jpg

I managed to hire even more mercs and sail back to England from conquered Navarra, and even beat entire english army.

6.jpg

When I was recovering capital of Magnus, worst nightmare happened - lack of money for mercs. Yes, I got money from jews already.

7.jpg

When first merc band decided to join to enemy, it was quickly defeated and their leader imprisoned. I set him free for 140 gold.

8.jpg

However, when second band did same thing...

9.jpg

From top to prison.

1.jpg

Ransomed myself and ploted to kill husband, I will not accept such idiocy. In the screen you can see that my first son is having claim for England so not everything is lost

2.jpg

Once again someone killed my character. Curse or what?

3.jpg

All next years I was doing one thing - gathering money. In next chapter, second attempt to gain England!

Last edited:
Chapter 4
1117 - 1121
von Oosterzele dynasty

1.jpg

2.jpg

Hired A LOT of mercs and thanks to them won the battle and entire war in process.

3.jpg

After some siege there and there got 100%. From starting 1600 gold at the end of the war I was left with around ~100, so everytihng ended perfectly.

4.jpg

So I dit it, in less than 100 years conquered England starting as low count.

Now I could just banish everyone to reorganise my kingdom, and then gain both Byzantine (thanks to my wife) and Scotland (thanks to wife of my brother).

5.jpg

Any idea for next start?

Last edited:
Pomeranian Catholic Count of Lubeck in 1066 is quite interesting, both Denmark and HRE are going to kill you, i'm quite curious if you could survive without swearing fealty.

Chapter 5
1066 - 1074
Nakonid dynasty

Pomeranian Catholic Count of Lubeck in 1066 is quite interesting, both Denmark and HRE are going to kill you, i'm quite curious if you could survive without swearing fealty.

1.jpg

My starting county (from Denmark de-jure) and character. What's the best? At start I have claim for entire Obotires. My father was high chief of that tribe before the game starts, but somewhat lost it, probably with conversion to catholicism.

2.jpg

Few months after start of the game Oborites did classic move. Subjugation of Pomerania. As you can see, they won major battle with them.

3.jpg

Seems like easy target for me... got loan from jews and instantly exiled them, +500 gold.

4.jpg

When I was doing siege for two holdings in the west, major forces of Oborites were attacked by Pruthenians. Lovely. It will allow me to skip entire battle, which I wanted to avoid becuse of pagan defense modifiers.

5.jpg

What's better, Pruthenians joined to my siege after destroying all forces of my enemy.

6.jpg

And here we are, pretty fast promotion from count to duke tier.

7.jpg

But there was one problem. Most of my new vassals were pagan... so I wanted to banish them and establish catholic rulers there. I failed with imprision for count with 3 provs... and when war happened 2 other OPM counts started some faction and declared civil war.

8.jpg

Thanks to mercs which I used since start of the game I won everything. Then banished everyone, created new catholic barons and 2 counts vassals.

9.jpg

I wanted to expand east without firing mercs... but then I realized that duke of Pomerania converted to catholicism. Well, ploted to kill him because of 2 reasons: his son was pagan, and his entire court was pagan too, so everyone joined to my scheme.

1.jpg

One month after starting the plot duke was already dead.

2.jpg

Holy war for one province, well, 1 is still better than 0.

3.jpg

After war created Mecklenburg...

4.jpg

And then, still at pause I created kingdom of Pomerania too. Why during the pause? When I unpaused, tribal title was destroyed, but before doing it , it still counted for 2 ducal titles needed for kingdom. (and I haven't any other no-tribal ducal title to create) Ah, and in 2.0 paradox deleted culture/religion requirements for kingdoms/empires so no need to be pagan to create Pomerania.

5.jpg

Ok, that was quite fast. Not even 10 years. :)

Supposedly I could just holy war all time for east or by some means join to the HRE and became emperor thanks to elective, so I will not continue it.

Waiting for more suggestions.

Last edited:
This is quite interesting.

For a future possible start, I'd like to suggest that Muslim emir in the south of Italy in the 867 start.

Edit for more info: You start off with Italy holy warring you (assuming this hasn't been changed in a patch); if you lose this, you have one county remaining, and have a considerable number of Christian neighbors to contend with, not least of which is the fact that you're under Byzantine de jure. And unless a patch has added some, you have no family to start with, so you'll be very constrained in terms of developing alliances.

Last edited:
1072, Roussel de Bailleul, Independent Catholic Norman Duke in Anatolia. House rules are no conversion and no marrying into the sitting Imperial family.

If you have Old Gods, there's a Norse Pagan Count in Lotharingia, direct vassal of his Christian uncle, same house rules but no marrying into the Karlings instead.

Last edited:
Oh, I've forgotten that Count of Lubeka is so extremely easy with SoH and patch 2.0, "back in my times" it was almost impossible to survive without swearing fealty.

And I agree with TSSL, the Sawdanids (or whatever their name) might be a challenge.

How bout the king of Jerusalem, after the Crusades?

Thanks people! That's support, which I wanted from beginning. A lot of possibilities, from which I can choose.

So for now we have:
-Sawdanids in 867
-Roussel de Bailleul in 1072 without converting/messing with Byzantine
-Ingrians in 1066
-duke of Tabaristan in 867
-Bulgaria in 867 without losing any lands to Magyars

How bout the king of Jerusalem, after the Crusades?
Hey, that one I actually did before release of SoA:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ard-starts&p=16421804&viewfull=1#post16421804
Considering SoA nerfed levies and boosted Holy Orders, it's rather pointless but thanks for participating! (and who knows, maybe one day I will play as them just for relaxing )

Chapter 6
867 - 868
Bulgarsko dynasty

King of Bulgaria. 867. Don't lose a single inch to the Magyars.

1.jpg

Starting forces. Not even 4k Bulgarians vs 15-18k Magyars. The latter from the start are acting like a roaming hordes, assaulting all holdings from east to west.

2.jpg

Increased taxes from feudal to max and increased crown authority.

3.jpg

Pretty obvious move, 500 gold from Jews.

4.jpg

Overview for my army after hiring mercs. Sometimes AI is able to defend against Magyars without using them, I don't know how and I will not even try this madness.

5.jpg

4 cheapest bands.

6.jpg

Major point of war, I'm drawing attention of bigger stack, without alerting the smaller one. For this, I need to have similar army and be around enemies. Organiser is great for this, but not required.

7.jpg

However, I can't start battle so near, being ~2 provinces next to second army, would made them join to the battle, so I went one province to the right. There after some fair battle I won, losing 2,5k troops and wiping out 6,4k, majority of their forces.

8.jpg

After disaster their smaller army went back to home to combine all soldiers into one stack. After winning second battle with escaping army I left them and assaulted capital of Magyars. They were going straight for me reconquering Oleshye, but abolished idea of chasing me when I went deep into Crimea. Their stack moved to de-jure of Hungary, to continue assaulting of provs.

9.jpg

At this point it was already won, just fast conquering of 3 magyars provinces and getting 68% of warscore thanks to it.

10.jpg

No need to destroy enemy army, they accepted white peace and here we are. Bulgaria as powerful, as before Magyars invasion.

Last edited: