• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
*Dun, dun, duuuuuun!!*

Indeed. I think this may be the anthem of the next few updates...

This is what happens when you abandon the Holy Mother Church!

It is also a timely reminder that converting when manpower is so low is... ambitious.

A timely reminder, as ever, that the Scots don't need the English to get all beaten up - they are perfectly capable of inflicting such misery on themselves. ;)

Scotland is truly in dire straits. Since you appear to have no realistic other options left, I think it's time for John III to go "Whoopsie! Did I say we'd convert to Reformed? Of course not! I meant... er... <frantic whispers> we're going to remain good... Catholics? Anglicans? Whatever it is you want us to be, I'll be that! Just stop hurting me! Please."

Looking forward to finding out how you're going to extricate Scotland from this mess. Right now, my money's on the Utrecht-led Catholic zealots. Their arguments are so persuasive, seeing as how they're backed up by a 16,000-strong angry mob. :p

Very true! With no fewer than three strands of Christian religion having some kind of following in Scotland, even a rapid 180 would not undo the damage done to the Kingdom.

Aye, I believe it's time to re-reform to the counter-reformed armies that have formed and reformed.

You know, this would make a lot more sense than what I actually did by converting to reformed!

And another 8k to boot besiegeing Stornoway. Where the hell did they get eight thousand man to rise up in arms in the Hebrides is beyond me, though :p

I pissed them off so much they shipped in volunteers :)

Actually there is some very interesting history in St Andrews from this time in OTL, including the Siege of St Andrews castle. Fascinating stuff, and one of the very few surviving counter-mines.

John II, however, had been stationed in the New World by his father[...]

I get the feeling that this is meant to refer to John III. :)

Another great update, Seel. Funny you should mention the Royal Mile; I walked down it about two hours ago! (Edinburgh is a wonderful city, I should add.) Nonethelss, reading about the recent religious turmoil is equally enjoyable. I d wider where Scotland will find the resources to deal with everything that's going on at the moment. Something tells me that she won't be exiting this period of dissent fully intact...

This is a problem in EU4; changing religion is wrecking the economy and gives rebellions bigger than the Titanic. Good luck, you'll need it.;)