• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Antonin1957

Second Lieutenant
10 Badges
Feb 18, 2002
Visit site
  • Crusader Kings II
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Prison Architect
I'm thinking of buying this game, but I wonder if it is actually being played by anyone. I don't want to waste my money.

Can anyone describe their experiences with the game? Is it fun? Will it run on an older system?

I own EU2, Victoria and Crown of the North. I can't play COTN because there is a sound problem.

Two Thrones is an ok game but it is not nearly as detailed as EU2 or Victoria. The game uses the same engine as COTN so you might experience sound problems again.

When visiting the new paradoxshop I saw that I can get Two Thrones cheap (100kr, swedish). But from what I have read in this forum there are different opinions on whether the game is worth having (someone in another thread compared it to Lords of the Realm 2 I think, and I have enjoyed that game).

I also read something that sounded that there are some bugs that aren't likely to be fixed, it even sounded like there are no patches at all for that game, are there any annoying bugs, opinions anyone?

TT are the only game that can be bought at the shop that I don't already own, and the game I have played/liked the most is HoI.

Victoria became too complicated (hard to understand how everything affects everything else).

EUI & II were entertaining and I played them regularly before HoI came.

CK I lost interest in because of the bugs, it may be ok now but I haven't gone back to it yet.

So if anyone have read this far, is TT a game worth playing in the future?

TT is simpler than EU I. There is alot of repetitive point and click. It is mainly "building improvement". TT is a good coffee game, or perhaps one to give someone entirely unused to strategic gaming.

Patch CK I and get breeding!

There's not very many people visitiong here are there :). Anyone at all that have anything whatsoever to add, feel free to post your comments.

Anyway, thanks li2co3 for your input. The repetitive pointing and clicking you refer to, can you give an example maybe. Is it anything like upgrading IC/AA/Infra etc as Soviet in HoI?

Worse.

Troops are determined by the level of buildings in the province.

There are 10 levels of buildings and 6-8 building types per province.

Additionally, you can only recruit about 10-80 troops per building per cycle. Cycle speed depends on the building's level. Thus if you want to recruit lots of archers, you need to click around all your provinces, and watch for speeds or wait for pop-ups to remind you to go recruit more.

That's pretty much the game right there.

Thanks guys, then the only problem left is if I should buy HoI2 with or without a t-shirt :) (would be nice if one could also see it on a person).

herm said:
Thanks guys, then the only problem left is if I should buy HoI2 with or without a t-shirt :) (would be nice if one could also see it on a person).

With the tshirt, obviously. It's really cool! :cool:

Carolus Rex said:
With the tshirt, obviously. It's really cool! :cool:

I'm not sure I like the way the Paradox logo is up in the neck kind of. Thats why I'd like to see it on a person before I decide :)