"you seem to be offline" in launcher and yet my account is logged

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

AngelRay

Lt. General
73 Badges
May 23, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Magicka 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • BATTLETECH
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Surviving Mars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
Hi,

I own multiple paradox game but in the launcher of Stellaris, it is the sole place where, although my account is logged in, the "news" part below states that "you seem to be offline".

See:
stell.PNG

Compare to this launcher from CK3 and this one from EU4:
ck3.PNG

eu4.PNG

When i last played (in 2019 or 2018) with stellaris, i had not this issue.

Happily it doesn't change anything in game but it's frustrating to see this fake message, since yes i'm well ONline.

Help?

Reactions:
Didn't work and worst, the launcher is now not launching at all due to "general error". Verifying stellaris installation now in steam.
Ok after uninstalling the (manualy as on the reddit thread) installed launcher, then reinstalling it when starting the stellaris game, it is back, but still "you seem not connected". In English it uses other words, but the idea is the same.

The only "consequence" seems to be: not having the news in the launcher so... isn't the error on your part, paradox??

Last edited:
Didn't work and worst, the launcher is now not launching at all due to "general error". Verifying stellaris installation now in steam.
Ok after uninstalling the (manualy as on the reddit thread) installed launcher, then reinstalling it when starting the stellaris game, it is back, but still "you seem not connected". In English it uses other words, but the idea is the same.

The only "consequence" seems to be: not having the news in the launcher so... isn't the error on your part, paradox??
Mods have been rather wonky as of late with this issue trying to pull one mod from a spot to another in the load order requires you do it one at a time which isnt normal.

It's possible, but why then would it not affect every user running the launcher?

What firewalls do you have in use? In Windows Defender make sure stellaris.exe , and Paradox Launcher.exe are allowed through both the Public and Private domains.

It's possible, but why then would it not affect every user running the launcher?

What firewalls do you have in use? In Windows Defender make sure stellaris.exe , and Paradox Launcher.exe are allowed through both the Public and Private domains.
I tried this of my own volition no dice chief, it was very sudden too just sort of turned it on one day and it was there.

I tried this of my own volition no dice chief, it was very sudden too just sort of turned it on one day and it was there.
Does it only affect Stellaris for you too?

Windows defender and yes stellaris is in the list. The paradox launcher doesn't appear anywhere in the list and I don't know where it is installed since I do not have this in my steam library. (I own all my Paradox game on steam...)

Windows defender and yes stellaris is in the list. The paradox launcher doesn't appear anywhere in the list and I don't know where it is installed since I do not have this in my steam library. (I own all my Paradox game on steam...)
C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/laincher-v2.2020.11/Paradox launcher.exe

I uninstalled stellaris yesterday when my current game was so slow it took 3-4 seconds irl time to pass 1 day in game, but i'm reinstalling it to try. I'll edit this after my test.

Edit: changed nothing.

Last edited:
I didn't expect reinstalling the game to affect this launcher problem.

I'll post in the launcher support thread, see if the developers have any ideas for us.

Win 10
Wells 2.7.2 (60bf)

I have that Problem also but
- Launcher Version 2020.3 (not 2020.11)
- it has no Effect on new DLC´s added from Steam or the Game itself
- Firewall is not Blocking anything

- Launcher Version 2020.3 (not 2020.11)
Please try this:

- exit the Steam app entirely
- uninstall Paradox Launcher v2 from the Windows "Apps and features" utility, if still present.

Delete the following folders if still present:

- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/
- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Paradox Interactive/
- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Roaming/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

- run steam.exe as the Windows Admin user

- run the game from the PLAY button in Steam

IF that doesn't help, in this folder are some .log files:
C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/
Please attach them here.

I have the same problem and have tried the same. Did not work. These are my .log files.

Attachments

• cpatch.log
    204 KB · Views: 0
  • launcher-bootstrapper.log
    22 KB · Views: 0
  • launcher-dowser.log
    920 bytes · Views: 0
I have the same problem and have tried the same. Did not work. These are my .log files.
In future please make a new thread instead of reopening an old one, thanks. Things have changed a lot in the last year.

You seem to be on the curren tlauncher 2021.8.1 , is that right?

Are you logged into that launcher okay?

Aside from the news error can you run and play the game okay?

What happens if you run stellaris.exe directly, which bypasses the launcher?