• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Xavori

Slayer of Platypi
96 Badges
Jan 26, 2010
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
Haven't you already taken enough of my money? Why do you insist on making games I know I'm going to buy?

If I had kids at home, they'd likely be starving, wandering the streets barefoot wearing nothing but torn shopping bags for clothes. They'd be crying out, "Daddy, we're hungry!" and I'd reply, "Look, I'll go to the store but first I have to deal with..." and then go back to playing my game. And when they finally collapsed from hunger, I'd have to push them aside with my foot because they'd likely be under my desk and it'd be really uncomfortable sitting all twisted to the side with their bodies in the way of my feet.

(I'm basically saying I'd be a terrible parent here, but I'd totally blame it undead platypii to assuage my guilt)

Haven't you already taken enough of my money? Why do you insist on making games I know I'm going to buy?

If I had kids at home, they'd likely be starving, wandering the streets barefoot wearing nothing but torn shopping bags for clothes. They'd be crying out, "Daddy, we're hungry!" and I'd reply, "Look, I'll go to the store but first I have to deal with..." and then go back to playing my game. And when they finally collapsed from hunger, I'd have to push them aside with my foot because they'd likely be under my desk and it'd be really uncomfortable sitting all twisted to the side with their bodies in the way of my feet.

(I'm basically saying I'd be a terrible parent here, but I'd totally blame it undead platypii to assuage my guilt)

Aaah, you have to grow old(er) and get your retirement. Then you have:

a) time to play
b) money to buy games you like to play

Today has been crazy. I see Paradox (makers of games that have consumed a decade and a half of my life) announce a battletech game (my very first video game obsession was mechwarrior 2) and a mars colonization game (a longtime fascination of mine). Get out of my head!

I fell you, man...

Once I've read the announcement I was like "why are you doing this to me, Pdox... why? I even pre-order your stuff!"

Exactly my thoughts when I saw the announcement on my mobile today :)

Today has been crazy. I see Paradox (makers of games that have consumed a decade and a half of my life) announce a battletech game (my very first video game obsession was mechwarrior 2) and a mars colonization game (a longtime fascination of mine). Get out of my head!
BattleTech? What's it called?

That wouldn't be a bad idea. Unless it became too popular. In which case it'd function as a disincentive...

Paradox would need to start releasing 5-10 AAA titles to get away with charging that much per year, and even then I'd be hesitant since I'd rather flat out buy their games given that I tend to play them for many, many years.

Snap.

Fortunately I met my wife through gaming (EVE Online), so at least I am not totally outcast for the amount of time I am sat at the computer.

Yeah... I know how you feel. I'm actually thinking of canceling my mastercard so it will be slightly more complicated for me to buy games.(my bank doesn't allow debit card on line payment, because they're twats)

you have to grow old(er) and get your retirement. Then you have:

... wake up at 6 am and go drive really slowly.