You know, I remember the Stellaris Twitter hyping up the support for this game.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

XavierHorovitz

Corporal
3 Badges
Jan 12, 2018
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Magicka
In the weeks leading up to release, the Stellaris twitter was ADAMANT that the game would be supported for a long ways to come, because it's "the Paradox way of doing things." Now we're at a point where they released one expansion and we've seen no further updates, with the best hint we have being "decisions have to be made."

Can a decision be made to refund the money to those of us who thought we were truly buying into the introduction of grand strategy on console, like you guys said we were? Or do you want to put OUR money where your mouths are and give us what was promised?

edit: I like that we're "respectfully disagreeing" with facts, as if the Stellaris twitter didn't say these things. lol

Last edited:
I realize Paradox doesn't have EA tier money but it'd be nice if they would (assuming the game is or would lose money) take a bit of a loss here to move forward with getting games like this on consoles.

This gen lacks CPU but Scarlett and PS5 won't. Add full mouse and keyboard support which games on Xbox now allow and I'd just as soon play them on a 65" in 4K HDR than on a PC. I'd buy all their games twice, or even 3 times. PC, PS5, Xbox Scarlett.

Take a small loss on this title and build the base for using consoles going forward.

I realize Paradox doesn't have EA tier money but it'd be nice if they would (assuming the game is or would lose money) take a bit of a loss here to move forward with getting games like this on consoles.

This gen lacks CPU but Scarlett and PS5 won't. Add full mouse and keyboard support which games on Xbox now allow and I'd just as soon play them on a 65" in 4K HDR than on a PC. I'd buy all their games twice, or even 3 times. PC, PS5, Xbox Scarlett.

Take a small loss on this title and build the base for using consoles going forward.
I do agree with you here but would like to see future console games continue with controller support.
The point of taking (literal decades) in to entering the console market properly is to gain a new audience. This new audience likes our controllers and (me specifically) dislike using Keyboard and mouse.

I do agree with you here but would like to see future console games continue with controller support.
The point of taking (literal decades) in to entering the console market properly is to gain a new audience. This new audience likes our controllers and (me specifically) dislike using Keyboard and mouse.
I don't meant to forego controller support, just also allow the option for the standard UI and mouse and keyboard support as well.

The way Microsoft allows PC and Xbox to be one purchase it'd be great if for free or a small fee you got the PC version on Xbox(earlier as they wouldn't need to do much but recompile it) without controller and then release an "Xbox Only" version for regular price with controller support and the UI changes required.

3x Respectfully Disagree? Don't be a coward, do explain your position. I'd love to hear why you're okay with them not supporting the game.
From a legal standpoint I don't know what the precedent is on "dropping support" post purchase or releasing a game that was "promised" additional support post release. I'd guess legally they can drop support but morally and for Goodwill it's a horrid idea.

I feel like goodwill is one reason Pox has gotten to where they are so that's why I posted they should take a small loss, if it would be a loss at all, and continue support for this game.

With increasing console power and the size of the market I think they could continue to port games and as their name and game style became known on consoles, the eventual growth would be worth the initial hit.

Let's keep it chill everyone. :)

We did indeed say that our way of doing things is long-term support. With that in mind, it's important to remember that every game of ours goes through an evaluation phase once in a while. That is true of both PCs and Consoles.

Nobody announced the support is dropped so there's no reason to engage with rumors. ;) And, for the record, if we were to drop support, we'd have said it, just as we did with Cities Skylines on the Switch.

For the moment, we need to give the dev team the time to do their thing and decide what can or can't be done. Likewise, the business and marketing people also need to do their evaluations. Nothing has been confirmed so far, we said we're hopeful and that is still the case.

Waiting sucks but hasty announcements, often, suck more. :)

Let's keep it chill everyone. :)

We did indeed say that our way of doing things is long-term support. With that in mind, it's important to remember that every game of ours goes through an evaluation phase once in a while. That is true of both PCs and Consoles.

Nobody announced the support is dropped so there's no reason to engage with rumors. ;) And, for the record, if we were to drop support, we'd have said it, just as we did with Cities Skylines on the Switch.

For the moment, we need to give the dev team the time to do their thing and decide what can or can't be done. Likewise, the business and marketing people also need to do their evaluations. Nothing has been confirmed so far, we said we're hopeful and that is still the case.

Waiting sucks but hasty announcements, often, suck more. :)

As a Community Ambassador, do you think this wording is misleading: "Utopia is the first major expansion for Stellaris: Console Edition" as stated in both the console stores AND in-game? This wording certainly implies there will be more. Do you not find a bit scummy to word it in such a way when there is no confirmation that there will be more? This is a genuine question, not a "gotcha" thing. My point is that it may be worth passing onto the team to update this so that people do not make uninformed purchases if things are not decided yet.

As a Community Ambassador, do you think this wording is misleading: "Utopia is the first major expansion for Stellaris: Console Edition" as stated in both the console stores AND in-game? This wording certainly implies there will be more. Do you not find a bit scummy to word it in such a way when there is no confirmation that there will be more? This is a genuine question, not a "gotcha" thing. My point is that it may be worth passing onto the team to update this so that people do not make uninformed purchases if things are not decided yet.
I do tend to agree the wording implies the decision to continue bringing DLC. It'd have been better to say "What could be much more DLC and expansions" or something.

Marketing has forever been the bane of every other department

Shareholders. Paradox has changed a bit once they have shareholders. Not sure if public or private but Paradox is not the same as they were before shareholders.

All we can do now is be patient. I have stopped playing until we get an answer one way or the other. This way I don't get my hopes up when I play. Even if support is dropped, or continued, that is when I will start playing. I guess we have to wait for the Paradox event? If nothing announced then, that will be a slap in the face with all the patient waiting we are doing.

Shareholders. Paradox has changed a bit once they have shareholders. Not sure if public or private but Paradox is not the same as they were before shareholders.

All we can do now is be patient. I have stopped playing until we get an answer one way or the other. This way I don't get my hopes up when I play. Even if support is dropped, or continued, that is when I will start playing. I guess we have to wait for the Paradox event? If nothing announced then, that will be a slap in the face with all the patient waiting we are doing.
If true I suppose it was inevitable. A company makes good games and the moneygrubbers who don't gaf about gaming and just see dollars and show up and slowly(or sometimes not) take over. It certainly happened with Bethesda.

Edit - it's a shame a billionaire like Musk or Gates doesn't love gaming enough to step in with a program of "don't sell out to these greedy investors who will crap on your history, fans and original development style for a quick buck" and gives them the money the crap investors would have.

Sure they wouldn't get the quick cash in but I'm pretty sure Paradox has been making slow and steady money or the investors would never have shown up in the first place.

I'm with you, Davor. I find it SUPER hard to get the motivation to play without confirmation that support is on the way.

To be honest I wasn't involved in the process of writing the text for any of the distribution channels on consoles, although I do think that particular sentence can be interpreted in a few ways. To me it means that it's Paradox bringing the first Stellaris expansion to consoles. Although, that is a lesson for the future to maybe word things differently, since some of you took it to mean more than that. :)

With that said, let me get back to my original point. The support wasn't cancelled as that would get a proper message, so no need to go down that lane of thought.

Of course waiting for new information sucks, but while sometimes releases happen rapidly, on occasion devs and business people need more time to sit down, do their thing and make decisions before making any announcements. Fact is that Stellaris: Console Edition isn't the only PDX Game waiting for announcements right now either. ;)

Just to compare, Utopia for consoles released less than 2 months ago. Ancient Relics for PCs released in June, 4 months ago. Man the Guns for HOI IV released in February, 8 months ago and Golden Century for EUIV in December 2018, 10 months ago. Point I'm trying to get across here is none of those games have had the next piece of major content announced yet. It is a process and that takes time, no matter the platform or game. Just hang in there guys. ;)

To be honest I wasn't involved in the process of writing the text for any of the distribution channels on consoles, although I do think that particular sentence can be interpreted in a few ways. To me it means that it's Paradox bringing the first Stellaris expansion to consoles. Although, that is a lesson for the future to maybe word things differently, since some of you took it to mean more than that. :)

With that said, let me get back to my original point. The support wasn't cancelled as that would get a proper message, so no need to go down that lane of thought.

Of course waiting for new information sucks, but while sometimes releases happen rapidly, on occasion devs and business people need more time to sit d

Just to compare, Utopia for consoles released less than 2 months ago. Ancient Relics for PCs released in June, 4 months ago. Man the Guns for HOI IV released in February, 8 months ago and Golden Century for EUIV in December 2018, 10 months ago. Point I'm trying to get across here is none of those games have had the next piece of major content announced yet. It is a process and that takes time, no matter the platform or game. Just hang in there guys. ;)

Yes those PC releases all have DLC released further back but they also have had patches released since then and have opt in betas.

There is also the issue of, rarely do they say: " We need to sit down with the devs and money-men and figure out if this game series is gonna continue[getting patches and DLC]". Closest things in my memory are the ongoing (I hope there is still some pushing to release it) delays of Victoria III release due to Vicky II being niche and the death of Sengoku.

Of course waiting for new information sucks, but while sometimes releases happen rapidly, on occasion devs and business people need more time to sit down, do their thing and make decisions before making any announcements. Fact is that Stellaris: Console Edition isn't the only PDX Game waiting for announcements right now either. ;)

Oh not looking at any different meaning. Just letting the companies know how I feel. I thought I was being respectful. If I wasn't then I apologize.

Has this game even been patched on ps4?

The broken AI seems like it won't get fixed at all.

Sadly all that I seem to see is a port. So if the AI was bad in the PC version will mean it is bad on the console ports as well since I believe, and can be perfectly wrong, is that the developers (sorry brain fart, can't remember their name at the moment) is just porting and changing very little to get it console playable. So no AI fixes I believe sadly.