• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as we're throwing out general and minister choices, I put forward Paul Archer (real name Antipov), another of the Russian communist emigres from New York. Unfortunately, there are no appropriate photos on IMDB for Tom Courtenay, who played Pasha Antipov in the old Dr. Zhivago. Something tells me that a man in a top hat might be appropriate on the other side of the barricades in 1848 Paris... but not so much in a tank.

And while I'm at it, I firmly believe that Joe Steele's armored corps should be the John Henry Corps.

Since I came home, I don't seem to have quite the same energy. I am by no means done with this I just have so much going on it's taking me too long to do anything more than the moderate amounts like the piece above. That said since I'm semi Hiatus-y I'll be able to do pieces from the story that have been missing (for example, a political piece along the lines of the earlier stuff for the new suggestions, or the suggested Stalin in Tanks (he doesn't have an arm div... yet))

Last edited:
Comrades, sorry to double post. I am by no means dead, and neither is the AAR. Submit your thoughts, for the Estado Sindicalist América del Sur grows apace ;). I've played through... 3 months? And things are shaping up well, though Peru has resisted for surprisingly long (partially due to an effup by yours truly :O)

Also, Vote for me in the AARland Choice Awards 2010 Q1! Just Copy the Code box!

Code:
Favorite Historybook AAR, HoI2: [[B][/B]url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=464250]You Have Nothing to Lose but Your Chains![/url] by KaiserMuffin

EDITED:Thanks to my comrades 4th Dimension and Viden!

Last edited:
Comrades, sorry to double post. I am by no means dead, and neither is the AAR. Submit your thoughts, for the Estado Sindicalist de Sud America grows apace ;). I've played through... 3 months? And things are shaping up well, though Peru has resisted for surprisingly long (partially due to an effup by yours truly :O)

Also, Vote for me in the AARland Choice Awards 2010 Q1! Just Copy the Code box!

Code:
Favorite Historybook AAR, HoI2: [url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=464250]You Have Nothing to Lose but Your Chains![/url] by KaiserMuffin
You don't do it like that. You need to insert empty bold tags into url tag to break it. Like this:
Code:
Favorite Historybook AAR, HoI2: [[B][B[B][/B]][[B][/B]/B][/B]url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=464250]You Have Nothing to Lose but Your Chains![/url] by KaiserMuffin
With that you get:
Code:
Favorite Historybook AAR, HoI2: [[B][/B]url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=464250]You Have Nothing to Lose but Your Chains![/url] by KaiserMuffin

Last edited:
Comrades, sorry to double post. I am by no means dead, and neither is the AAR. Submit your thoughts, for the Estado Sindicalist de Sud America grows apace ;). I've played through... 3 months? And things are shaping up well, though Peru has resisted for surprisingly long (partially due to an effup by yours truly :O)

Arghhhhhhhhhh! My eyes are bleeding!

Estado Sindicalista de Suramérica, or Sudamérica, or América del Sur.

Sorry, I must fix that or I will go blind! :p

scargillchapter.jpg
Al Capone said:
This American system of ours, call it Americanism, call it Syndicalism, call it what you will, gives each and every one of us a great opportunity if we only seize it with both hands and make the most of it.

The overturning of the bourgoisie in Venezuela was merely the first act of the grand project and soon the second became apparent, as Columbia's name was drawn in the sand.
columbia1.png

Pereira's Government in Brazil protested a lack of infrastructure for the inability of the Brazilian army to participate in the conflict and it was felt that this was a fair enough complaint. When Brazilian army corps were suborned to Theatre Command Columbia, they were redeployed south to the Border with La Plata, so as to keep the southern Axis in check.
columbia2.png

Columbia was almost singularly long lived amongst the South American resistors, as Peru would later turn out to be because to break up the government of the nation required the marching through the poorly made trails and trackways of many a jungle valley or mountain pass. On May the 10 in Cumana, Columbia's surrender was attended by General Charles Jouett, a descendant of the Revolutionary Jack Jouett of Virginia, and the signatory for the Syndicates was Ulysses Everett McGill, a Southern Lawyer who was there to give the meeting something of an official aura and who drafted the treaty. The Pereira government of Brazil had parachuted in their Foreign Minister, Ademar de Carvalho Gomes and the Columbian President Alfonso López Pumarejo signed for the losing parties.

Quito was assaulted the next day by Theatre Command South America, under the control of High General Marshal, with the 14th 'Illinois Boys' and 13th 'Lucky 13th' serving with distinction in the first battle for the Pass of Tulcan.

Unfortunately as the ongoing redistribution of land to Brazil lead to Bogota and the internal supply chain being owned by the Brazilians, General Marshall spent a week convincing the local authorities that the supplies were Syndicate property and that they were required to control Quito. A second battle promptly occurred and the Ecuadorians were pushed back again, but the offensive stalled due to the difficult terrain a month later.

Impatiently, Admiral Rickover was rebased to the Syndicate enclave of Maracaibo by Marshall and along with Mulzac, General Jouett was sent to make a landing at Arequipa in Peru. Perhaps unsurprisingly, as the Atlantic Fleet traversed the Panama Canal at Colon, the United provinces declared war upon the Syndicates. Something of a Phony War developed until Reed's Bombardiers and the Detroit-Chicago-Toronto Bomber Wing were redeployed to Colon Airbase, and Provinces' troops were slowly bombed into oblivion.

centralprov.png

The Peruvian invasion was a resounding success, with the landing at Arequipa prevailing despite a merciless defence by the garrisoning forces. Jouett stepped ashore and began planning the assault on Lima. Once his men were rested, the assault was made.

The battle for The Lima Pass is something of a footnote except for the cunning use of the transport fleet afterward. Jouett, having forced a retreat from the Peruvian forces, boarded the Syndicate transports, before ordering Mulzac to sail into the now deserted naval port at Lima. Upon landing he found the city completely deserted and so he captured the City in one fell swoop whilst declaring himself a 'Mountaineer'. The Government were reportedly still packing when Syndicate Troops burst into their homes and arrested them. Jouett and Everett signed the treaty of surrender.

perusurrender.png

In the meantime however a rather unexpected surprise was about to be sprung on them by General Foster.

-Paul Mattick, Liberating the Workers of the World​

Last edited:
Nice gains in Sudamerica. However, guess the low infrastructure can really hurt your campaign really soon.

Noooooo! You "liberated" my country!

Well patriotism aside, great to see another update ;).

Is Brasil allied to you or something?

I'm a nitpicker I know, but you put bolt tags outside url, so that thing up there still doesn't work like it should.

@Dutchie - The infrastructure isn't too great in the northern part of South America, combined with Mountains and Jungles its positively pulling teeth compared to the plains of America. Fortunately most of the VP's can be captured by amphibious operations.

@Sectorknight - With plenty more to come ;)

@4th Dimension - Yes, I couldn't be bothered to make a revolter to release and the grand reader vote (3 pages? 4 pages ago?) said Ally them. So I am going to do a cores event for the entire continent for them and rename the country as well as replace the flag...

Speaking of Cores, the Mexican zones should fire off soon...

If your plans will be successful, the United South America will be very strong and loyal ally of CSNA.

I wonder if you're also planning unifications of some other continents in the future. United Syndicates of Africa maybe?

That sounds good, just make sure Brazil doesn't get run over (it seems to happen a lot of the time in my games).

And what has come up? Political strife? Nonsense in Europe? The Great Moose Uprising?

caponechapter.jpg
Dwight D. Eisenhower said:
This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.

revisionistfail1.png

Foster's invasion of 'Revisionist' Bolivia destroyed any hope that they would peacefully join the Syndicates of South America, and Jouett was recalled from Lima to clean up the mess. The Bolivians held their positions for the best part of a month before Jouett arrived, relieved Foster of his command and stormed up the mountains, leading 18,000 up into the high altitudes of La Paz, fighting every step of the way.

2ndbattlelapaz.jpg

The weight of numbers and the tenacity of the General, more used to the mountains than Foster as well as a cooler head at the helm reaped dividends, as Bolivian troops consistently found themselves passed by or encircled by Jouett's men. Overlooking Lake Titicaca, in the People's Palace of La Paz, a surrender agreement was quietly signed by the Bolivian envoy and the Pereira Government found jobs for many Bolivians.

boliviasurrender.jpg

Jouett attempted to load Foster onto a plane to Maracaibo and ultimately Chicago, but Foster was not having any of it, and promptly plunged the Syndicate Expeditionary Corps into the jungle around the city of Sucre to the south. Amongst their number were 'The Colliers' and First Lieutenant Eric Blair (having sailed home to Britain and then returned and re-enlisted with the unit after the Caribbean War, his Homage to Chicago published and flying off the shelves).

august14mexico.jpg
Apart from the commencement of the Second Battle for La Paz, the 14th of August 1939 was the official completion of the integration and the full incorporation of the Chihuahua-Houston and the Mexica Syndicates.

Following this, messages were passed between the Estado Sindicalista Centroamerica and Chicago via Gabriel Dorosz, the bicycle courier for Lt. Gen Denhardt in Villahermosa. The upshot of this was that the tiny nation joined what was rapidly becoming known as the 'Fourth International'.

centroamerica1.jpg

After a month of wrangling with Forteny, war was declared upon Honduras, allowing a second front to be opened against the Central Provinces. General Maurice Rose was recalled to Central America, with the new 1st Syndicate Tank Army. 6 Divisions of Tanks and 3 Motorised Infantry units provided a hard core around which the Centroamerican militias were organised as they plunged across the border, besieging Tegucigalpa before the surrender of 11,000 men under arms. Reconnaissance provided by the Sumner's Eagles Dive Bomb wing, indicated that the Northern Border was unprotected, and the plan was laid to invade the province of Nicaragua.

centroamerica2.jpg

And so at the end of 1939, the stage was set, between two South American giants. The German backed Buenos Aires-Santiago Axis, and the Sindicalista Suramerica, backed by the Fourth International.

19391.jpg
-Paul Mattick, Liberating the Workers of the World​

South America looks much better with that shade of light red, I say you should extend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.