• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TODAY IS TRULY A GREAT DAY!
Today is a day of cookies...

I cannot... express my gratitude.

Do you guys want the closing of Guantanamo... or the 'Whilst all this was happening'?

Oh, and Ironboot, rejoice.
15thjan39.jpg

Sadly Vladimir still reigns in White Ruthenia... perhaps a Galacian invasion?

Last edited:
I don't know whether to rejoice or mourn; you're Syndies, that means you'll support the French and they'll eventually overrun Germany as well as the Commonwealth. *sniff*

Nah, I think I'll rejoice for now and mourn later. :D

Although I'm loyal to the CSNA, I support Lithuania spreading the Union to include Bock (Minsk), that would make it look a lot less ugly.

I support Vax's one, with no star and just a bare cog. Say it's the emblem of the South American Syndicates.

I like the third flag, but the black wheel doesn't fit very well with the black part of the flag. In my opinion the shield of the flag should go in the upper left corner, just like the soviet and the chinese flags.

Right Voting is closed.
Since I am debating going to the pub the question is, will I be getting too drunk to be doing an update, so I must ask of you to vote....

I) America First on Trial - Final Post.
II) The Project for a New South American Century - First Post
III) Both, but tomorrow in one ubar post.

Right. I'm off to McD's for tea. You've got about 30 mins. :eek:

I vote for finishing the trial first. I want to see some people hang :D.

Finish the trial, Long must know fear!

I want both, tommorow, it will be a stress killer, cuz i got two essays in less than 90 mins, and its a nailbiter.

Btw, i liked the third flag the most.

Feel you man, got a math and world history exam tomorrow.

So Kaisar, do both!:p

2chapter3.jpg

The Workers Song said:
We're the first ones to starve, we're the first ones to die
The first ones in line for that pie-in-the-sky
And we're always the last when the cream is shared out
For the worker is working when the fat cat's about

And when the sky darkens and the prospect is war
Who's given a gun and then pushed to the fore
And expected to die for the land of our birth
Though we've never owned one lousy handful of earth?

All of these things the worker has done
From tilling the fields to carrying the gun
We've been yoked to the plough since time first began
And always expected to carry the can

The Guantanamo military tribunal came to a close almost 3 months after it had begun. Denounced by the Bourgois press as a show trial, the Syndicalist nations of the world supported the court throughout it's existence. The sentencing was given on the 26th of April 1939. The military chiefs of the America First excluding Curtis LeMay, were sentenced to 100 years at Prison Colony No. 7. Sheldon Prescott Bush was sentenced to 50 years at the same location.
baffin.jpg

Fritz Kuhn was sentenced to death by firing squad after an attempt to deport him to Germany failed. He was shot along with Curtis LeMay and Samuel Roper, both found responsible for gross excess and crimes against humanity. The sentence was commenced at dawn the next day. The men's final words respectively were 'Gott mit uns.' and 'Let's do this!' with Roper going to his death silently.

firingguantanamo.jpg

The use of firing squad was hotly debated, but the Guantanamo Tribunal was a hasty construction and the facilities in Cuba were unable to supply the required amount of current for electric shock. The Syndicate Congress did not want to hold these men for longer than required and a motion against hanging was passed as a cruel and barbaric method.

Despite his apparent suicide, Huey Pierce Long a.k.a. The Kingfish, leader of the America First movement, was sentenced to death should his whereabouts become known or until a body was positively identified as him.

-John 'Jack' Reed, America First on Trial​

In early April, Astrojildo Pereira and William Z. Foster met in the Governors Mansion in Georgetown, after a month of discussions. There they signed 'The Project for a New South American Century'. This charter included in it's toolbox the unbridled use of war to achieve the mutual interest of the Combined Syndicates of North America and Brazil, in alliance to sweep Monarchism and Revisionists out of the Western Hemisphere.

brazilalliance.jpg

The first step was to invade Venezuela, with Syndicate troops landing at Maracaibo and Barquisimeto, whilst soldiers poured over the border from Boa Vista and Georgetown into Cumana, General Foster in contact with High General Marshall, who was running the operation from his command post in Guantanamo as the trials proceeded.

venzuelabattleplan.jpg

Progression into Cumana was slow however, and through a contact with Admiral Rickover, an amphibious assault on Caracas was decided on, whilst the beachhead would provide support. The landing was an unmitigated success, and with Caracas taken, the Venezuelan Government signed their surrender on the 9th of April and preperations for the invasion of Columbia were made.

annexvenezuela.jpg

Paul Mattick, Liberating the Workers of the World.​

~~~~OOC~~~~
I vote for finishing the trial first. I want to see some people hang :D.

:p

Last edited:
The workers will have their revenge!:D

And how long will it be until the Brazilians no longer represent the interests of syndicalism? I hate those guys for stabbing me in the back - don't give them the chance to do it to you!

I'm actually kind of sad to see LeMay die. It's not often you see anyone, in uniform or not, who has the guts to say outright that their profession is morally questionable, but must be done, and anyone who loses sleep over it shouldn't be doing it. Reminds me of Nathan Bedford Forrest - "War means fighting, and fighting means killing." Say what you like about either of them, they knew their jobs.

Too bad you shot them, nothing says 'our ideology is better then your ideology' like a good oldfashioned hanging ;).

Is Earl Kemps Long (Huey's brother and also a politician) still alive?

Status
Not open for further replies.