• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The usual abbreviation for SPGs, I believe, was PzFH (Sf), but I'm not absolutely certain, and the ZSU-23 becomes a SpFlAK or Flakpanzer - matter of fact, it pretty much becomes the Wirbelwind. Why change the reporting name of the Hind, which the Soviets never officially named? Finally, the T-72 is more likely to be the PzKpfW-72, or if you want to get really WWI-throwback-laden, the SPzKW-72 (Sturmpanzerkraftwagen-72, based on the German for the A7V).

Summary: The changes required for an authentic German recognition aid poster are way more significant than the space available to you require. Because of the number of hoops you'd have to jump through to get it right, I'll give you a B on this one for making something at all. :p

3chapter2.jpg

Fritz Kuhn said:
WITH THE YEAR 1933 seditious Syndicalist propaganda began in our country, it became more and more intensive, till finally, at the beginning of the year 1937, it swelled to a positive flood. Now the results of this seduction could be seen at every step. The people gradually learned to think as the enemy wanted it to.

And the government counter-action was a complete failure.

The American press above all conducted itself with such miserable awkwardness, nay, criminal stupidity, that my wrath mounted by the day, and the question arose within me: Is there really no one who can put an end to this spiritual squandering of the true American people?

Following the cross-examination of Prescott Sheldon Bush, Fritz Kuhn was called to the stand in what would be one of the longest sections of the trial. When asked for his assertion that all events recounted in his testimony were true, Kuhn made the following statement.

Fritz Kuhn said:
If today I stand here as a revolutionary, it is as a revolutionary against the Revolution.

He then proceeded on an attempt to turn the tribunal into a farcical showcase, playing the fool and arguing with the Tribunes. When he eventually assented to give the most truthful of testimony, after 3 days of solitary confinement, he accused the Tribunal of being a lackeys to a false government, servants of an occupying international conspiracy against the American Race.

Eventually Kuhn was put back in solitary confinement, and along with Long, was tried
inabsentia. Kuhn's paperwork from his brief stint in Atlanta revealed a disturbed, devilishly charismatic mind.

Fritz Kuhn said:
Struggle is the father of all things. It is not by the principles of humanity that man lives or is able to preserve himself above the animal world, but solely by means of the most brutal struggle. The doom of a nation can be averted only by a storm of flowing passion, but only those who are passionate themselves can arouse passion in others. The great strength of the totalitarian state is that it forces those who fear it to imitate it.

His public actions though in the run up to the war also raised serious questions about his right to even be a member of any American government. Kuhn often spoke publically across America at his meetings with the America First Paramilitary wing - the Storm Troopers, who often met garbed in Prussian style uniforms. Kuhn enlisted thousands of Americans to join the Union State using what can only be described as antisemitic, antisyndicalist, and pro-German propaganda.

Further developments scandalised the nation when it was publically released that Kuhn was the son of a Georg Kuhn and a Julia Beuth and had been born in Germany. During the Weltkrieg, Kuhn earned an Iron Cross as a German infantry lieutenant and personally participated in the sack of Paris in 1921. In 1928, for reasons unknown he moved to the United States and, in 1934 he became a naturalized citizen.

On February 20th, 1935,-- to mark George Washington's birthday -- Kuhn held the largest and most publicized rally in the America First Party's history at the Madison Square Garden. Twenty-thousand attended and witnessed a Prussian-style parade ceremony and a speech by Fritz Kuhn where he stated

bigfritz.jpg
Fritz Kuhn The Madison Square Garden Rally Transcript said:
...George Washington was the first Fascist...

America First is fighting shoulder to shoulder with patriotic Americans to protect these United States from a race and it's lackeys that is not the American race, that is not even a white race ...The Jews and their Syndicalist lapdogs are enemies of the one true American people!

During his speech, a syndicalist protester who had infiltrated the crowd rushed the stage and was hauled off by security, before being beaten to within an inch of his life, before dying in the Long Island Jewish Hospital. Kuhn's thugs were arrested but he was not prosecuted, under the First Amendment and the fact he did not have any apparent connection with the actions of his men.

In the closing of the examination of evidence, the prosecutor Emil Seidel made the following summary.

Emil Seidel said:
Fritz Kuhn was not here to assimilate, but to create an American Reich, and when Huey Long approached Kuhn, with his ready support base of willing Storm Troopers, he leapt at the chance to create his 'Prussian-America'. Captured documents show just how throughly Kuhn failed in his attempts to ingratiate himself beyond his performance of his tasks running the day to day affairs of Long's shambolic collection of xenophobes, anti-semites, fanatics and racists.
-John 'Jack' Reed, America First on Trial.​

~~~~ OOC ~~~~

So, 'Estado Cartel Sudamericano' flag vote time.

These are the preliminaries made by Vax. I may get some others but I'm not going to push my luck.
1 is a red star on black with a black cog in the centre. 2 is South America on Anarchist colours :D
008p.png
004xu.png

Last edited:
Kuhn is just as much of a buffoon there as he was irl.

~~~~ OOC ~~~~

So, 'Estado Cartel Sudamericano' flag vote time.

These are the preliminaries made by Vax. I may get some others but I'm not going to push my luck.
1 is a red star on black with a black cog in the centre. 2 is South America on Anarchist colours :D
008p.png
004xu.png

Wouldn't "Estado Sindicato Sudamericano" work better? Cartel refers to a group of businesses or organizations agreeing to collaborate, not a trade union. Or at least if you're using it in the same manner as the "Combined Syndicates".

As for the flag, I like the second one, with the continent imposed on the red/black.

I popped Syndicate into my pet portuguese translator and Cartel came back... and as the Columbian experiment shows, Cartels are great /sarcasm

I also don't wanna make every single nation have Syndicalist/Syndicate. So like Union/Commune/Syndicate these guys come in as Cartel. :D

And thats 2 for the Anarchamerica

'Estado Cartel Sudamericano' (State Syndicate South America) (lit.) [Syndicate State (of) South America]? and yes, WC is not my goal. The CSNA has fulfilled it's expansion goals - now I have to just finish the war I started with Canada/the Entente. When/if I bring Centro-America into the powerblock, they will get all the atlantic island territories with the exception of Bermuda and the Falklands.

Tell me that is a google translation or something like that. :wacko:

Cártel is an illegal association related to drug & arms smuggling or a deal beetwen companies.

You want "Estado Sindicalista de América del Sur", "República Sindicalista de Amércia del Sur" or something like that.

Flag one looks awesome, I vote for it.

Flag 1 looks too grim, in my humble. The second one is much better, although red overlaying on red isn't too good, maybe change the colour of the circle with the SouthAmerican continent to another one? Blue, to make it look a little like the Brasilian flag, or green.

Tell me that is a google translation or something like that. :wacko:

Cártel is an illegal association related to drug & arms smuggling or a deal beetwen companies.

You want "Estado Sindicalista de América del Sur", "República Sindicalista de Amércia del Sur" or something like that.

Yes... And hell, I know the CSNA has mobsters in the country, the most common use of the word syndicate in English these days is 'Crime Syndicate' :D. But that said okay...

And by the by cos it's a Brazilian core nation, nation name is to be in Portuguese

Vax has rather nicely provided a third flag/counter set.
010f.png

Any thoughts? Feel free to revote.
I might Brazil-Green the centre on Flag 2.
I don't know yet...

Last edited:
I vote for the new flag, that is just awesome.

Well, Al Capone IS a CSNA politician...

I wonder how Hoffa and Capone became disciplined enough for their posts, heh. I wonder if Capone still served in Alcatraz in this TL.

Capone was broken out of Alcatraz by Steele's mobsters and since Capone had been in jail for 7 years at the time, Steele is now the controlling interest in the Chicago mob, whilst Capone serves as his lieutenant. This occured during the early chaos of the beginning of the war, freedom when the CSNA hadn't declared war openly but the AUS had. That story, is one I am not going to tell, for some stories are to be left untold...

Hoffa on the other hand, got involved in the IWW as i detailed earlier, and met such luminaries as Foster, Shachtman and Reed - who tempered his youthful lack of discipline...

He 26 and a Lt. General. Respectable!

Status
Not open for further replies.