• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except that the idea of an upper and lower house of legislature by itself is inimical to a classless society - pretty much does away with the bicameral system, though I'd expect everything to devolve into a system of committees anyway, kind of like the way the soviets were supposed to work OTL, as a series of local governments or panels of experts which corresponded with, but just as often argued with, the central body.

KaiserMuffin:

It is my duty and pleasure to inform you that you are this weeks winner of The Weekly AAR showcase!

Although you are playing as the CSA, and have defeated the great united states and have annexed my Canadian homeland (Canada will be back!), your work on this AAR has been phenomenal. I especially love your little quotes from "Homage to Chicago", especially since I am reading Homage to Catalonia right now for Uni.:D

Anyway, congratulations, and keep up the great work!

8chapter2.jpg
Thomas Jefferson said:
Conquest is not in our principles. It is inconsistent with our government.

The new Syndicates were held by integrating authorities. Rather than creating an immense occupying force, the peoples of the Canadian and Mexican zones found that their day to day existence was slowly and gently restructured toward that enjoyed by the citizens of Chicago and the like. Shachtman and Foster were notorious for the argument that raged across the letters page of the Chicago Tribune about the integration policy along with the comments of the Syndicate public, including several famous letters from Vicente Lombardo who was involved in the running of the Chihuahua syndicate.

Luckily for the integration zones Archibald MacLeish was a subscriber to Shachtman's gradual proceedure, and thus when military forces were deployed to enforce Syndicate Law and Order during the Canadian troubles, they were minimal.

The Quebecois caused particular uproar at first, especially since the majority of the Syndicates were unable to speak French but the solution came in giving metropolitan Quebec as it's garrison force Les Peuples Internationaux Division and their own syndicate level representatives if not full autonomy. The Northeast-Quebec Syndicate also included Newfoundland and Labrador in it's geography.

The 2nd Syndicate Tank Army was deployed to Edmonton in the former Territory of Alberta, now the Northwest-Vancouver Syndicate (a geographic territory that initially consisted of the entire North Western segment of the North American continent from the Canadian Border to the border between Former Manitoba and the former state of Ontario, now the Chicago-Detroit-Toronto syndicate) where generally the troops practised Arctic environment tank warfare, and were in place to act as a rapid response team against any armed uprisings.

The Syndicate Cavalry Army landed a similar role in it's garrison duty in the Mexican badlands. The Chihuahua-Houston Syndicate was incorporated during the early days of 1939 and the troops there became famous, particularly the 'Los Bandidos' division. Several motorcycle firms from the region soon integrated as 'Chihuahua-Houston Cycles' or the better known 'CHC' creating some of the sturdiest and most famous bikes in the world.

The Southern-Mexica Syndicate was mainly ungarrisoned, with the only significant division concentrations on the border with Centro-America.

The Colliers division were stationed in Ottawa, and under command of CPC Buffalo they were given police duties. Significant riots occured in Toronto for several weeks before The Colliers were given the go-ahead to break them up. Eric Blair recounts the violence in his 'Homage to Chicago'

Eric Blair said:
The Toronto riots were some of the most fearsome days of my life. We would constantly have trouble with Royalist troops, particularly vexing were the militarised division of Canadian Mounted Police who had fled Winnipeg during the war. Significant mounted elements would ambush patrolling soldiers in hit and run raids. If in the right district, this would be followed by a mob forming.

The petrol bombs were the worst, made from fuel stolen from government controlled refueling stations or secret stashes laid down in the first days of the war, we'd arrive at a report of 10 men surrounded with perhaps 50 men and an armoured car to be confronted by a stone throwing mob. Then the second rank would attack, flinging their flaming weapons. Men would be hit, as glass shattered off them and screaming they'd have to drop and roll in the shards of glass - unless they wanted to burn to death.

Initially the CPC forbade our division commander from firing except into the air. After we lost 40 men in a month, we were given a shoot to kill order on the ringleaders when a mob formed. After that the people stayed indoors when a patrol went by and we had to contend with the old Canadian enemy, the sniper. Fortunately rifles were hard to come by as a civilian - for the Canadian government didn't have the time to set up a proper militia to prepare for a return.

Eventually Toronto knew peace after 5 months. The CPC was pleased at the drop-off in attacks, since the Congress of Syndicates had closely voted for the initial development of Project Polaris, the internment and relocation of the entire populace of the city, which is something I don't think anyone deserves.

Meanwhile in Miami, the greatest invasion force ever seen on Earth was being massed...

nasyndicat.jpg

The Combined Syndicates of North America, 1939

-Paul Mattick, Liberating the Workers of the World​

Last edited:
Bah, too much commie stuff for me. I despise syndicalism.
I also hope that someone conquers you soon. Alas, than shan't occur. :eek:o

:D

[shameless plug] Perhaps a more moderate form of Syndicalism, as found in the Union of Britain, would take your fancy? *gestures unsubtly towards signature* [/shameless plug]

Congratulations on getting writer of the week, Kaiser! Well-deserved for both your clever writing techniques and graphic style.

I like the Syndicate divisions, rather interesting. I wonder, how are those in the Miami-Atlanta Syndicate treated? Particularly because I'm in that Syndicate.

@Lighthearter/yourworstnightm - Cuba and the Carib. Fed are at war with the CSNA :D

@Enewald Sorry baby, this story is red red red.

@Quantum - YARRR!

@Meadow - I'd shoot you but it would be hypocritical. Thanks ;)

@MercZ I forgot about America first. Oooh Goody. A new Guantanamo scandal! ;)

@SovietAmerika Like any other syndicate citizen in the CSNA? The process is intended to be a gradual replacement and implementation for the greater good, vs Stalin's goons knocking your house down and shipping you off to the kolkhoz.

@MercZ I forgot about America first. Oooh Goody. A new Guantanamo scandal! ;)

I had it in my mind that Long and Co. be captured trying to flee dressed as women or something. I don't know, I just have too much enjoyment with this for some reason.

Speaking of that, what kind of cronies did Long surround himself with in his government in your game? IIRC he can choose Lindbergh, Gerald Smith, Father Coughlin, and Fritz Kuhn.

1chapter3.jpg
Curtis LeMay said:
Every soldier thinks something of the moral aspects of what he is doing. But all war is immoral and if you let that bother you, you're not a good soldier.

The Caribbean war began with the invasion of Cuba in late January. The means was a near continous landing at the ungarrisoned beaches in the province of Camagüey. 160,000 landed on that 50 mile stretch of beaches during a 48 hour period, before the assaults on Guantanamo and Santa Clara began. Within a week the Island was under Syndicate control, whilst the occupation of Andross had also been successfully prosecuted. Jamaica fell a couple of days later.

During mid-february the remnants of the impostor Union State were found by Syndicate troops in Havana. CinC Caribbean under High General Marshall flew in several leading lawyers and began to set up a military tribunal in Guantanamo.

Meanwhile far to the south, 12 divisions under the command of General Knox and General Foster attempted to make a landing at Georgetown against stiff opposition. Several attacks were prosecuted and on February 26th, the Carrier Air Group from the CSS Lexington reported the town was on the toppling point.

General Knox lead the first wave, and once they were ashore, they were joined 6 hours later by General Foster and his divisions. The garrisoning forces crumbled and fled into the Brazilian jungle as the former Governor General of the Federation signed the surrender to General Foster whilst carrier planes flew over the palatial mansion he occupied overlooking Georgetown - two divisions being captured and interned by Brazilian troops in Boa Vista several weeks later.

However, all eyes in the CSNA were looking now at the Guantanamo Bay Military Tribunal - the first proceeding of it's sort in the modern era - the trial of a nations leaders for 'War Crimes' as the charges were famously initially filed as.

-Paul Mattick, Liberating the workers of the world​

americafirsttrialeditio.jpg

The trial tried the remains of the America First cabinet as a group, with each man undergoing individual cross-examination. Long was notably absent, having reportedly shot himself in the temple with a revolver in Orlando. The first man to be cross-examined was Curtis 'Bombs Away LeMay, as he was labelled by the Syndicate press both nationally and internationally. He was unrepentant when questioned about the nature of his actions, particularly during the occupation of Washington DC by Syndicate troops.

biglemay.jpg
Curtis LeMay said:
I told Long that my solution to the problem would be to tell the Syndicates frankly that we were going to bomb them into the stone age...

...Killing Syndies didn't bother me very much at that time... it doesn't now...

...When the Reds took Washington I was told to level the city, rather than let it remain in their hands...

These quotes alone indicated how dangerous LeMay had been and he was lambasted in the press, to the point that the Chicago Tribune ran a segment called 'Bombs Away LeMay's Dream-Machine' - a detailed cartoon of a vaguely futurist strategic bomber that was 'five times as long as an elephant, and full of enough bombs to make America look like the surface of the moon.'

The actual detailed cross-examination on the various charges faced by the regime was a long and grueling process that took a good two weeks, with LeMay often having to be stopped from rambling on about how killing 'Syndies' was 'God's Work'. The complete transcript of LeMay's testimony can be found in any Central Syndicate Library.

-John 'Jack' Reed, America First on Trial.​

A Guantanamo-trial, love the irony :D. Will we see Kuhn on trial too?

And is Curtis LeMay going to be shot, or does he need a re-education programme, where are your gulags located? Former Mexico? Former Alaska? :rofl:

Nice though, how you portray the man :p what is your next target? Central and South America?

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.