• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did an event fire for beating Canada? I wrote that one.

Did an event fire for beating Canada? I wrote that one.

You mean the one with Canada surrendering and the royal family fleeing? There's also that one about what to do with Canada.

I really think any post-civil war America has to be nerfed. 300+ IC in a nation that just finished a cruel civil war? God. The "Pillage" events work, but not enough.

See my signature. I'm waiting on either managing to get a functional linux distro running on an external, or the windows XP setup disk being posted to my house (which will take all weekend to arrive). That said I'll be on public access machines, but my aar data was foolishly in 'my pictures'... the game saves themselves are fine as I keep my 7 versions of AoD/Doomsday on an external drive :D

I went on a mission and grabbed my ass some CD-R's so will probably be fixed soon :D

Edit - Ubuntu is running, but windows is proving resistant to getting fixed. I am going home in a weeks time, so should be able to reunite the computer with it's original setup disk and finally resolve this mess.

In the meantime I'll look into getting DD to run in Linux ;)

Last edited:
... What do YOU think? :p

Of COURSE we want an update.

So the USA has a civil war in the early part of the game? Can this mod work in AoD? It seems like a nice war.

6chapter2.jpg
Joe Steele said:
If the opposition disarms, well and good. If it refuses to disarm, we shall disarm it ourselves.

The argument of the 'One Nation Platform' against the 'Global Syndicate Movement' within the Congress of the Syndicates were overshadowed by the industrial success of the new regime as areas were fully integrated and consumer goods became available in greater numbers. The 'Law of the Land' process of ratifying the redistributions of land that occurred during the Freedom War was a popular motion, and with the banks nationalised by Shachtman the government was able to issue the new Syndicate currency the 'People's Credit'. The nation moved towards a more central structure, with Chicago organising the production of war materiel and washing machines alike. After 3 months however, the actions of the revisionist Calles regime in Mexico toward an encirclement policy with Entente Canada forced the Syndicates hand.

Jack Reed gave carte blanche to William Z. Foster for the conduction of the Mexican Campaign wishing for a quick war with which to tout the superiority of the Syndicate on the world stage and to show the French that despite refusing to join the Internationale, the Syndicate was no weakling.

Foster made the decision to recall Maurice Rose and the 1st Syndicate Tank Army from their Des Moines testing ground for their first blooding...

On the 1st of September, Syndicate troops along the border with Mexico opened fire upon Mexican positions. The troops on the opposing side were outnumbered and armed with weapons that had been used in the Mexican Civil War (1912-1924). Only One Third of the Syndicate Army was deployed on the Mexican Front. The Order of Battle was as follows.

Mexican Theatre Order of Battle said:
Corpus Christi-
Gen. Merriman, 5th Syndicate Army
9 Regular Infantry divisions
Air Gen. Lufbury, 1st Syndicate Dive Bomb Wing
4 Wings of Close Air Support bombers

San Antonio-
Gen. Rose, 1st Syndicate Tank Army
5 Armour divisions
Gen. Foster, 2nd Syndicate Army
8 Regular Infantry divisions
Mexican Theatre Command

Midland-
Lt. Gen Aalto, 3rd Syndicate Corps
3 Regular Infantry divisions

El Paso-
Lt. Gen Hoffa, 1st Syndicate Corps
3 Regular Infantry Divisions

Las Cruces-
Mj. Gen Jones, Las Cruces Border Guards
1 Regular Infantry Division

Silver City-
Gen. Haldemann, Syndicate Cavalry Army
5 Semi-Motorised Cavalry Divisions

Tucson-
Mj. Gen MacLeish, Tucson Border Guards

Yuma-
Mj. Gen McClain, Yuma Border Guards

Imperial Valley-
Gen. Knox, 3rd Syndicate Army
9 Regular Infantry Divisions

San Diego-
Lt. Gen Murray, San Diego Border Guards
3 Regular Infantry Divisions

The 1st Syndicate Tank Army performed beyond expectations, ending September in Villahermosa via Mexico City and Monterrey. Across the front Mexican troops fell back beneath overwhelming numbers and superior firepower that Foster brought to bear against the Mexican Army. In the impoverished villages in the north the majority of people greeted the Syndicate soldiers as liberators, and even in Mexico City the 1st Syndicate Army was given a heroes welcome as Calles and his presidential guard fled the city to Acapulco.

On the 25th of September, Syndicate tanks rolled into Villahermosa and the 5th Syndicate Army occupied Puebla, depriving the Calles government of alternative locations to reform. In Acapulco a 'Black Bloc' mob of anarchists stormed the Government buildings in the city centre before hanging Plutarco Calles from a lamp-post.

The Mexican Syndicate was incorporated by a formal declaration of surrender, signed on the Mexican side by the formerly obscure Minister for Communications Pascual Ortiz Rubio and on the Syndicate side by General Maurice Rose, a man who history had marked...

mexicoannex.jpg

-Paul Mattick, Liberating the Workers of the World​

Last edited:
Wow, what an expansion! :eek:

I know it's kinda late, but it's today that I managed to get my PC working (More or less.) and can comment on it.

Seems PC flu is going about :eek:o

And CentroAmerica has more divisions in their 2 provs than mexico did in, er... Mexico...
I'll just edit country.csv ;D

Also, no Casus Belli - they're Syndies like us! *nodnod* I'm currently rattling through Jedrek's event list, trying to steal his 'we're gonna unify Central America!!!'

Last edited:
too bad with PC Flu :p

Anyway, do you have in mind liberating those nations like Mexico, or does the whole of America fall under the glorious workers of the Combined Syndicates of America....:rofl:

Tim

Mexico looks so nice in America, well, the CSA! You have cores on them, right?

@Asalto- and I worried the tanks would stall in the Mexican mountains. No worries there :D

@Lighthearter- Dem big wheels keep on turnin... (sing the rest of sweet home alabama!)

@Vesimir- Murphys ROOLZ also, Canada soon. (I only sved 2 screens from that session... I did the OOB from memory

@Onni- I'm not one to turn on fellow Syndie nations!

@Tim- COMBINED is one clue. Post 1 page 1 is the second

@Soviet- When i finish writing the event :D

Who ride around on bears. The very picture of awesome :rofl:

7chapter2.jpg

Lev Trotsky said:
Where force is necessary, there it must be applied boldly, decisively and completely. But one must know the limitations of force; one must know when to blend force with a maneuver, a blow with an agreement.

If 1/3rd of the Army was in Mexico, the other 2/3rds were deployed along the Canadian border, the immense army of the Syndicate covering from the Pacific to the Great Lakes without a single break. The most important troop concentrations were the 1st Syndicate Army under Gen. Law, south of Winnipeg, the 4th Syndicate Army under Gen. Abt in Seattle, and in New England, where the majority of the Mexican theatre was redeployed - the southern border having narrowed from 10 sectors of control to 1. The rest of the Pacific-Great Lakes with detachments from the unions and international volunteers serving as border guards and final key elements were the Central Planning Committee and the Michigan border guards - 7 divisions spread between Flint, Detroit and Buffalo including the CPC.

In one respect the Canadian government would regret the move to return the territory to the Syndicate. If the Canadians had continued to hold New England, Syndicate troops would have had to fight a gruelling 5 to 9 month battle, the strategists of the Central Planning Committee projected, whilst the actual war was over before the new year had been rang in.

Unlike in Mexico, Gen. Marshall was given executive command of the theatre by Jack Reed and he gave New England and Michigan fronts to the freshly redeployed Lt. Gen Aalto, who was assigned to executive command of CPC Buffalo whilst Marshall himself co-ordinated the Pacific Line.

The battle for Vancouver was the bloodiest of the war, as 4 divisions of superiorly equipped Canadian troops with Australasian Confederation bombers flying support missions and troops providing artillery fire across the Strait of Juan de Fuca against the 4th Syndicate Army and with supporting fire from the 1st Syndicate Corps and the Spokane Border Guards they advanced into the city. The battle soon devolved into block to block fighting, with the Colliers division seeing some of the harshest conditions as the first snows of December began to fall on the city, sending the already freezing conditions into an arctic hell.

Eric Blair said:
We had holed up in a local school for the time being, the shelling of buildings commenced once more as we would glance across the street at the tenement the rest of the division had occupied. At this point we'd been cut off from Gen. Marshall and the main thrust of the army. The weather was so cold that even gloves couldn't warm your fingers.

We burnt the desks and even the books for warmth that night, trying to keep the fire low, not wanting to give the Canadian snipers any opportunities. We had to be as quiet as possible, and in the low light every noise made us stiffen slightly, like cats. The room soon began to smell of the crisp scent of urea as we were too worried about the Canadians to go outside.

It went on like this for a week or so. In the distance, we could hear the other divisions, and one morning there was a great cry from across the street. We rushed to the windows, Canadian's be damned, and then looked down into the street.

It was almost impossible to believe our eyes - we'd won the battle and the Canadian 'division' that had kept us pinned here had been flanked and made prisoner by the 14th 'Detroit' Infantry. As we cheered the troops as they marched the 200 odd sad looking Royalists down the street, a shot rang out from nearby. I'm ashamed to say that I ducked and looking at the man next to me, I realised he was dead. His head was blown clean open, brains smeared across the walls in a grizzly and unfitting end.

A second and third shot rang out, the bullets scoring the wall behind the window before a rattle of gunfire from the street put an end to it, seven perhaps eight rifles and one of the captured Canadian Bren Guns was fired by a huge brute of a man, who I later found out was the First Lieutenant leading the division. That was the day we won Vancouver and the day I met Joe Steele.

Winnipeg on the other hand fell easily to Gen Law's superior force, whilst in New England, Lt. Gen Aalto at CPC had the Syndicate Cavalry Army sent to overrun the Canadian border guards and capture Halifax. The number of troops on the New England and Michigan front, combined with it's small size, saw a lightning victory and Syndicate troops in Ottawa, Montreal and Toronto before the end of the month.

Initially the Canadian troops in the town of Kamloops, some distance east of the Syndicate positions in Vancouver attempted to negotiate the Canadian surrender, but they were shot on sight by Syndicate troops. Eventually a delegation was sent to the occupying 1st Syndicate Army at Winnipeg, with Jack Reed being flown up from Chicago to personally oversee the Canadian unconditional surrender.

The war was not over yet however - the Entente as a whole fought on against the Syndicate, but in less than 2 months the Syndicate had done what the Union of Britain had been unable to do for 13 years. This drew further interest, fanned by the published letters sent back to the 'Daily Worker' in London by Eric Blair, which would eventually comprise of much of his 'Homage to Chicago'.

annexcanada.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.