• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(40707)

Just call me Yoda in private!
Mar 1, 2005
Byzantine Cities Set available in this post.

Russian Cities Set available in this post.

Chinese Cities Set available in this post.

Japanese Cities Set available in this post.

Mongolian Cities Set available in this post.

Comments and suggestions here...

Last edited:
Great! Looks much better than the usual 'latin' city.

But I have a question. Is it also possible to alter city views? If it is, has anybody tried that yet, maybe created a Byzantine city view?

Could you provide pictures of what they look like? (either here or as an uploaded jpg in the upload forum).

I know it doesnt take long to d/l and look but I would prefer to see what I am getting before I do so. ;)
yours
Ayeshteni

Thanks
To Ayeshteni: gif posted

To BasileiosII: according to Havard, city viewes are hardcoded. It is impossible to create new ones.
Btw, "other forum is for uploading mods and scenarios only, not for discusions".

Last edited:
YodaMaster said:
Btw, "other forum is for uploading mods and scenarios only, not for discusions".

Uhh ... yes, forgot about that :eek:o

too sad that it is hardcoded ... would be nice to see Aya Sophia when clicking on Thrace ... ;)

Yes, too sad... Anyway, my graphic skills are too bad to handle this, even if it was possible...

v1.1 gif posted and T-CITY L-3 C-BYZ A-Fort2.bmp corrected in v1.1 ZIP file.

Wow, this really improves the feel of the mediterrenean area. I added these to cyprus and the knights apart from those suggested in the readme.
Someone should do an italian set as well as the venetian islands kind of sticks out now...

Trin Tragula said:
Wow, this really improves the feel of the mediterrenean area. I added these to cyprus and the knights apart from those suggested in the readme.
Thanks. I thought to add them too but I didn't because they are latin catholic countries ruled by foreigners (ie. not greek) as is Duchy of Athens. The domes are meant to be common orthodox churches in this area. Anyway, you can consider this set as a "not muslim East Mediterranean" set also, if you want. :)
Trin Tragula said:
Someone should do an italian set as well as the venetian islands kind of sticks out now...
Pandora's box is open... :D

Last edited:
Well even if they where ruled by catholics the population was orthodox and those islands have plenty of orthodox churches on them :)

Not sure where to comment, so I'll just put it here: I loved the russian cities as well :)

Wow! really impressed by your Russian set Yodamaster. Will be installing them as soon as I can!

Yes Pandoras Box is open cant wait to see whats next.
Ayeshteni

Only one discussion thread for the two sets (maybe a mod could change this thread's title).

Thanks to all

To Trin Tragula: yep, right place!

To Jimbo Jool: sets must be installed in EUII folder... won't work in a moddir.

To Ayeshteni: I have one in mind, Helvetian... with cuckoo-clocks everywhere! ;) . Maybe not after all, not a very good idea... :)

Btw, there is a problem with colonies... only for MIN and MUS tags apparently. Others use Lvl1 city without fortifications. Don't know if I can fix it... Too bad

Last edited:
YodaMaster said:
To Ayeshteni: I have one in mind, Helvetian... with cuckoo-clocks everywhere! ;) . Maybe not after all, not a very good idea... :)

How about those italian cities?
cute.gif

BasileiosII said:
Cuckoo-clocks are from southern Germany, from the Schwarzwald! :mad:

;)

...and from Switzerland. :p

How about a specific Japanese set? (and yes an Italian set would be nice :D ;) )

Ayeshteni