• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Arkatreides

Second Lieutenant
100 Badges
Dec 30, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
This is my take on a Division Calculator that takes current upgrade research into account

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KnAlPumx7-cxg0InwzjImYslglFc-TKlcj5nVboOpIA/edit?usp=sharing

How it works
  1. Select your currently produced equipment from the selection on the right on the first tab
  2. Select any variants you have applied to the equipment
  3. Select your upgrade research from the second tab (put 1 for researched, 0 for not)
  4. Select your division composition on the first tab
  5. Enjoy!
Version 1.3 (Dec16)
  • Updated for 'Torch' patch 1.3
Version 1.2 (Sep16)
Version 1.0 (Aug16)
Version 0.91 (1Jul16)
  • Added code for easy conversion to game file template code (as requested by @Invader_Canuck)

Version 0.9 (30Jun16)

• Added Variants for Equipment

Version 0.7 (29Jun16)

• Added all support battalions & research
  • Added Equipment & IC requirement
  • General clean-up and more wow

Version 0.2 (28Jun16)
  • Added all armor battalions and equipment
  • Added ability to calculate total IC for Division
  • Fixed issue with DIV/0 in terrain tables in GoogleSheets

Version 0.1 (27Jun16)
  • Not 100% complete yet, some later/heavier tanks/equipment are currently missing and all Anti-Air armor variants are missing. I will be working on this in the next few days.

So far I have been able to recreate any number generated in game, but please let me know if you find any discrepancies.

I also plan to extend it so that you can add variants to the equipment so that the divisions exactly reflect the equipment you use.

Any feedback appreciated!

Last edited:
Reactions:
Ouch. I spent all that time building one pulling data from equipment by version and adding to unit stats (with adjustments from code).
And you out did that.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18Q9Pn5mnX64WwuAp9SRacXQtWMVc_SmSYLm9MX3eRws/edit?usp=sharing

There is several units that have adjustments to the equipment. and for Mech it is adding Mech and INF stats together and then using a multiplier.
From the above spreadsheet on the Unit page, if there is a unit listed as "... base" then that is made from the unit + equipment and then there the unit that applies a multiplier to a stat and that makes the real unit.

examples.:
Inf
Mountain applies a +30% to breakthrough to the equipment breakthrough
Artillery battalions applies a +25% to soft attack to the equipment soft attack.
All tanks get a +50% to soft attack
Mech are Inf soft +10%, Inf hard +400%, Inf Def + mech def, inf breakthrough + mech Breakthrough, inf piercing + mech piercing
SPAA get +50% to soft
Support AA, ART, Rock, AT are -40%

PS. I really like your sheet over mine.

Reactions:
Ouch. I spent all that time building one pulling data from equipment by version and adding to unit stats (with adjustments from code).
And you out did that.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18Q9Pn5mnX64WwuAp9SRacXQtWMVc_SmSYLm9MX3eRws/edit?usp=sharing

There is several units that have adjustments to the equipment. and for Mech it is adding Mech and INF stats together and then using a multiplier.
From the above spreadsheet on the Unit page, if there is a unit listed as "... base" then that is made from the unit + equipment and then there the unit that applies a multiplier to a stat and that makes the real unit.

examples.:
Inf
Mountain applies a +30% to breakthrough to the equipment breakthrough
Artillery battalions applies a +25% to soft attack to the equipment soft attack.
All tanks get a +50% to soft attack
Mech are Inf soft +10%, Inf hard +400%, Inf Def + mech def, inf breakthrough + mech Breakthrough, inf piercing + mech piercing
SPAA get +50% to soft
Support AA, ART, Rock, AT are -40%

PS. I really like your sheet over mine.
Hey you're the one who filled the equipment table on the wiki! Thank you for your effort:)

Reactions:
Elfiwolfe - thanks for the encouraging words.
For Hardness and some other stats, support battalions are treated in a different manner (e.g. hardness is completely ignored for them, terrain bonuses are added to the line average, etc.). A lot of this was trial and error.

I will be uploading another version in a few hours. I am almost done adding all the divisions and equipment. I will work on variants next.

Reactions:
Reactions:
New version uploaded (same link)

Added
  • All Support battalions and their research
  • Rearranged the sheet to make it look better
  • Updated some of the logic to make it easier to read

Reactions:
Wow! Great work! I gotta ask, do you work in Excel/data base for living? I have seen a lot of spreadsheets, but this one is a beauty. Would you mind if I use the layout as a base for a mod I am helping with? It is such a good design, that it would be very handy to keep the layout and add new info. If not, that is cool too.

Reactions:
This might sound crazy, but, is it possible for you to add a feature (depending on how much work it is!)That would be export the template in the calculator to the text based format the game uses. If you did this, I would love you long time!

IE

Code:
division_template = {
    name = "Tankovaya-Diviziya '39"

regiments = {
        medium_armor = { x = 0 y = 0 }
        medium_armor = { x = 0 y = 1 }
        medium_armor = { x = 0 y = 2 }
        medium_armor = { x = 0 y = 3 }
        motorized = { x = 1 y = 0 }
        motorized = { x = 1 y = 1 }
        motorized = { x = 1 y = 2 }
        motorized = { x = 1 y = 3 }
    }

support = {
           engineer = { x = 0 y = 0 }
    }
}

Wow! Great work! I gotta ask, do you work in Excel/data base for living? I have seen a lot of spreadsheets, but this one is a beauty. Would you mind if I use the layout as a base for a mod I am helping with? It is such a good design, that it would be very handy to keep the layout and add new info. If not, that is cool too.

Thanks. I use Excel a lot for 'games support' but not really that much at work. None of this is very hard, just a bunch of lookup tables.

You are more than welcome to use it for whatever purpose you want. If you find it useful for your mod, that's great, please use it (a shout-out would be nice ;)).

I think the way it is designed it is fairly agnostic to the data. There are only a handful of places where I had to hardcode something (from the top of my head this is the 'fake' cavalry equipment to get the speed bonus and the Engineer Company upgrade bonus to terrain). Also remember that the columns need to be consistent across sheets as the vlookup() relies heavily on column(), so if you add any Equipment types please be aware that inserting columns in one sheet might mess up the order in another. I could have put it all on one helper sheet, but prefer the small overhead of adding new columns on multiple sheets in order to retain clarity.

Let me know if you have any questions

This might sound crazy, but, is it possible for you to add a feature (depending on how much work it is!)That would be export the template in the calculator to the text based format the game uses. If you did this, I would love you long time!

IE

Code:
division_template = {
    name = "Tankovaya-Diviziya '39"

regiments = {
        medium_armor = { x = 0 y = 0 }
        medium_armor = { x = 0 y = 1 }
        medium_armor = { x = 0 y = 2 }
        medium_armor = { x = 0 y = 3 }
        motorized = { x = 1 y = 0 }
        motorized = { x = 1 y = 1 }
        motorized = { x = 1 y = 2 }
        motorized = { x = 1 y = 3 }
    }

support = {
           engineer = { x = 0 y = 0 }
    }
}

I will take a look. This definitely can be done with some VBA, but I prefer to keep the sheet VBA/Macro free. Might still be doable with some clever lookup and string concatenation though.

Reactions:
I will take a look. This definitely can be done with some VBA, but I prefer to keep the sheet VBA/Macro free. Might still be doable with some clever lookup and string concatenation though.

Turns out this is a lot easier than I expected. Take a look at latest version and let me know if this is what you are after.

Reactions:
Turns out this is a lot easier than I expected. Take a look at latest version and let me know if this is what you are after.

Yea, that's exactly what I was looking for!

I'm slogging through like 180 template builds right now, and I spend more time cutting and pasting templates from other divisions, then swapping stuff around than actually planning them out :)

Thank you kindly!

Edit - Do you also get the little vertical lines and extra " marks when you paste the template? They can be cleaned up, but I'm wondering if I am doing it wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Edit - Do you also get the little vertical lines and extra " marks when you paste the template? They can be cleaned up, but I'm wondering if I am doing it wrong.

Pasting it directly into Notepad confuses it I think because the Excel newline char is different from what Notepad expects. However if you paste it into Word/WordPad first and the copy from there to Notepad it is ok.

Reactions:
How do you protect the page? I had to lock anonymous users to view only due to swastika Vandalism.

They keep changing the color of editable spaces.

The sheet cannot be edited online - when you open it in googledocs, you actually create your own, local version. That way the original never gets 'destroyed'.

Reactions:
To the person who put 'Respectfully Disagree' on every single post just now

Not that it particularly matters but I do wonder:
1) Where you think there is anything in this thread that is worth disagreeing (or agreeing for that matter) with?
2) Why, if you have something to add or criticise, you don't just post it here so we can all discuss it?

With regards

Reactions:
The sheet cannot be edited online - when you open it in googledocs, you actually create your own, local version. That way the original never gets 'destroyed'.
Oh. how did you do that?

Ah I think I see how.
You uploaded as an exel file. So google sheets does not directly open that but makes a copy and translate that to google sheets in the users folder.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.