• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(8915)

User #8915
Apr 26, 2002
Ye Stewards, gather thither

chess.jpg

Stewards Needed!

What is an RPG Steward?

An RPG Steward is asked to look after a newcomer to the game around the time that person has had their inscription to join accepted. It is the assigned Steward's job to make sure the newcomer fully understands the rules and customs of the game, what's acceptable in the in-character threads, and how to use the mods' working sticky threads properly.

It is possible that an RPG Steward may be asked to look after as many as two newcomers, in times of massed inscriptions.

Who would make a good RPG Steward?
Someone who has played the RPG for a long time and has a good, solid understanding of the game's spirit and mechanical workings.

I want to help! How can I apply to become an RPG Steward?
Drop me (Ladislav) a PM. I'll add you to an off-line list of players who have offered to act as stewards. I'll call on this pool of volunteers as and when it's needed.

Great! But how will I know when I'm needed as an RPG Steward?
Keep an eye on this thread. It's stickied, so it won't drop very far if it goes out of use for a while. I'll post in here when a steward is needed, which means the thread will shoot up to the top of the forum. I may also send a PM if I have time.

Now I'm an RPG Steward! What should I do?
Use your initiative, soldier! You weren't asked to help because of your good looks! You could start by sending your charge a PM and introducing yourself. Take it from there in a polite and welcoming fashion.

What you are doing as Stewards is greatly appreciated. It is also vital to attracting newcomers and more importantly, making sure they stay!

So thankyou.

For Newcomers

What should I do if I haven't been assigned an RPG Steward, but could really use the help?
Drop me (Ladislav) a PM, and I'll sort you out with one ASAP. I'd rather you did that instead of posting here, because I want to keep this thread tidy.

WARNING!
Only Stewards may post in this thread. Newcomers with assigned stewards, please PM your steward when you are ready to 'fly solo' and play the game without any more help.

Last edited: