• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey! I finally caught a good AAR as it's being written, instead of months afterward!
*subscribes*

*subscribes*

Nice idea and good style of writing...

ws2_32 said:
after two years of diplomatic activity, I propose the exchange of explorations. Portugal exchanges a vast knowledge of the world for my knowledge of few South African provinces. I have all minimum requirements for WC.

Tom,

I believe this might be the big difference between 1.07 and 1.08. If one would take your save before the succesful map swap and load it up in latest patch of 1.08 I think you would not be able to get the swap.

I (almost) never succeed in swapping maps with POR in ordinary SP games nowadays. Regardless if I know more provinces than they do or not.

I like your "scientific" style. You sure put a lot of effort into calculating everything. WC AARs are my favorites, especially the ones from which you can learn a trick or two. Yours surely qualifies as both.

Good luck.

fraese said:
I'm also curious as to how this is done - it looks like a very useful thing to log.

I change my message settings to include EVERYTHING. This includes other nations winning/losing battles and provinces and also when another nation discovers a territory. It tells you, "So-and-so has discovered St. Helena" or whatever. Just watch where Portugal is exploring.

I have just checked that exchanging discoveries issue. I played England and although I knew 150 provinces/sea zones that Portugal didn't know I couldn't trade maps with them (they knew 250 I didn't know and we had +199 relations).

1.07 sux0rs.

scotty said:
I change my message settings to include EVERYTHING. This includes other nations winning/losing battles and provinces and also when another nation discovers a territory. It tells you, "So-and-so has discovered St. Helena" or whatever. Just watch where Portugal is exploring.

I don't think that works for nations you haven't discovered yet.

Ozzeh said:
I don't think that works for nations you haven't discovered yet.
Sure it works. That's how I logged the Portuguese discoveries. I actually logged a lot more discoveries of all sorts of countries; but I edited them out of the log I presented. I don't think it is cheating to see the discoveries; it just saves me some time waiting decades of hoping to get maps that I never have a chance of getting.

Daniel A said:
I believe this [map swapping] might be the big difference between 1.07 and 1.08.
I tried WC with Zulu over a year ago with a different 1.07 beta. I could only get map swapping with Portugal if I were in an alliance at +180 relations and bordered Portugal at the time of the swap. In the game this AAR describes, I could have allied with Portugal if it were a priority. But in a lot of games Portugal is a vassal of Castile, or is usually not an alliance leader and is in an alliance that gets in war often.

Also different in earlier 1.07 versions was that Portugal would DoW a South African nation it bordered within days of colonizing. I was playing Zulu having annexed Zimbabwe. So Portugal would always DoW me unless they were in a war with someone else. That hurt relations, so more money was required to compensate. The only way to get into a Portuguese alliance was during truce or if Portugal was busy in war. It was all still possible for WC but maybe raised the bar to 1 in 100 games chance. I took Zulu to conquering a land connection to Moscow for more manpower! But I neglected to conquer West Africa early so I got bogged down in endless war that way. And I didn't have the income of South American gold. WC was still possible, but that 1819 deadline began looking tougher and tougher.

The 1.08 betas could be a lot different than what I'm playing which is a close to 1.08 vanilla as you can get without actually having 1.08. I heard tell of the nightmares of frequent civil wars at high BB. I cannot promise to work on your request.

Fraese is hopefully still playing along and will check back in to tell us how his map swapping goes. Also what 1.08 version is that you are playing, fraese?

Fremen said:
And Tom, please, for the sake of your readers, change the colour of your country. I think a Xhosa empire ready to sweep the world deserve better than a blurred gray view..
Fodoron said:
...I seem to remember that Tom already stated that it was a done deal. So the only requests that can be granted refer to the writing.
I don't know about mods and color changes and all. I should still be able to change color in the save game or install a mod or what?

Mike von Bek said:
Xhosa? Conquer the world? Never! ... Can it?
It's a done deal. ;)

jwolf said:
During one of the Zulu wars you mentioned at one time that they offered 200 ducats but you held out for more. Just wondering -- how would they get more money to offer if their only province is continually held and looted by you?
The AI cheats with regard to income. Not only does the AI get the income from looted provinces and provinces it owns but does not control, the AI also gets more than twice as much monthly income as it should. Zulu should begin at about 12d annually from all sources, just a bit above Xhosa. But Zulu gains almost 30d annually, each peace offer Zulu makes reveals a monthly income of between 2d to 3d; census tax seems about right though. I usually find that AI cheats actually end up helping informed players.

Last edited:
Ozzeh said:
Does the AI cheat on lower difficulty levels as well?
I don't know; I always play very hard. That's a good point.

BTW: I changed the Xhosa's color to purple, the most distinctive color. It's odd that the country.csv file gave me green when I specified "Purple". I looked up the BYZ tag and it said "DarkBrown"; so that's what I typed. I would like to be blue; but there's too much of it. I changed France to "DarkBlue" so they don't blend into the sea. I'll need to change Mughal Empire to some other color someday.

Punish Portugal for their stupidity! How can anyone give the map to a small backward completely helpless inferior nation like Xhosa? This is suicid!

Looting as important part of the income ... "Der Krieg ernährt den Krieg".
(something like War pays for Waror War pays itself)

The messages about discouveries shouldnt be in the game. I also took those messages on my screen: its funny to see that e.g. Benin discovers Brandenburg.
And I see where Spain or Portugal are.

In my current game as Venice in Vanilla 1.08 I payed small nations (this is cheaper) on the border of my visible world in order to find CoTs. Than I traded maps. In about 1500 I had India, China, Japan and half of eastern Africa on my screen. However, I always knew many more land and sea squares than my swapping partners.So this trades went smoothly.

ws2_32 said:
I don't know about mods and color changes and all. I should still be able to change color in the save game or install a mod or what?

It's very simple, just look into DB folder on the country.csv file and modify the colour in the column "main color", corresponding to your country tag (XHO) in the "country" column.
Currently for XHO is LightGray, but you can change it to whatever you want - DarkBrown, Red, etc...

Please note that the name of the colour in the file does not always match the actual colour that you get in the game so look by analogy to other countries tags...

And also you might wanna backup the file first... :)
Good luck.

Xhosa: A one-province pagan minor takes on the world.

PART THREE (1453-1473)

[anchorlink=no_isolation]Removed Isolation Penalty[/anchorlink]
[anchorlink=Table]Table Becomes a Port City[/anchorlink]
[anchorlink=Zulu6]Sixth War with Zulu[/anchorlink]
[anchorlink=SA_claimed]Most Desirable South African Provinces Claimed[/anchorlink]
[anchorlink=long_live]Long Live the King![/anchorlink]
[anchorlink=zulu_aden_peace]Peace with Zulu; Mameluks and Oman's Peace with Aden[/anchorlink]
[anchorlink=prepare_Oman]Prepare for War with Oman[/anchorlink]
[anchorlink=DoW_Oman]DoW Oman, the War Plan[/anchorlink]

[anchor=no_isolation]Removed Isolation Penalty[/anchor]

In early to mid-1453, Castile makes some gains against Portugal including capturing the Portuguese capital. Castile now has maps to my shores. A new nation breaks free, declaring war against Timurid Empire. My recent map exchange and now this recent DoW have removed my isolation penalty. Tech costs drop to about 40% of previous costs. The cost for land tech two is now within reach, with about 4800d of 5970d required; previous cost was 14,790d.

In January 1454, I get a welcome event allowing me to reduce Mercantilism to 5. I now get 0.8 colonists per year. I continue colonizing Table. Table is raised to a level five colony.

Castile expands by winning the war against Portugal; Castile takes Gibraltar and Oporto. Mameluks expands by annexing Tripoli. I like to keep an eye on how well my future opponents are doing. Castile's expansion is not good news; but I like that Mameluks has Tripolitania. Mameluks cannot build much if any troops in Tripolitania, and it is a province that I might like to gain in war. At the least, it could help extend my range in terms of military access through ports.

I send another colonist to Table. On June 8, 1455, Portugal attacks the natives in Inhambane. I keep a close eye on the battle. As long as the natives are surviving, I can allow the battle to go on. I try to cause the greatest reduction in the Portuguese troops without allowing the natives to be exterminated. On June 23, Portugal and I win the battle. I attack again, trying to reduce Portuguese troops some more. On June 30, my little one cavalryman is about to die due to attrition. I retreat from the battle. Portugal's men are lost because they have nowhere to retreat; Portuguese ships have left the men stranded. I replace the cavalryman in Inhambane to wait for another Portuguese attack.

In 1456, my colony in Table expands to level seven. Oman enters a military alliance with Mameluks. This is good because it could save me some badboy. I want war with both Oman and Mameluks. In 1457, I dispense with a second Portuguese attack against natives in Inhambane in the usual way. I get a gift to the state of +100d. I'm not running out of money. During months of looting, I continue minting all my loot and income now totaling about 19d due to stability +2.

On January 2, 1458, the colony in Table is raised to a population of 863. I decide to let the colony grow to a city (900 population plus natives) from here on. It's a tough call since I miss out on some tax; but I have lower stability and land tech cost, and I save a colonist. I'm so far ahead on colonizing; I don't really need to begin building ships in Table until about 1465 at the latest.

On January 1, 1459, I complete the 6045d research needed for land tech two. Inflation is just over 5%. Land tech three currently costs over 13K; that cost will only increase in the following years. I move a DP slider toward Offensive. This choice is much easier since I am now getting plenty of colonists. I should reach Offensive 9 for more shock before my war against Oman. Stability drops to +2 then a few months later drops to 0 as nobles ally with foreign power. I have a useless temporary CB on Zulu.

I am about to colonize Ciskei when I realize that once I colonize it, I don't want to send troops through there anymore due to the natives. Table needs to be guarded from rebellion while building a tax collector and ships. So I first run 4000 cavalry over to Karroo to wait for Table to become a city. I have a little more than 6K troops in Chibuene needed for retaking Natal in repeated wars on Zulu. My new colony in Ciskei is a success. Next, I want a level one colony in Karroo. Then I can colonize Inhambane, stopping the nonsense there once and for all.

On December 30, 1459, Portugal attacks the natives in Inhambane. Time is flying by at extremely fast. I miss a chance to respond; my single cavalryman is annihilated due to attrition. I have to send another cavalryman to force the battle to be lost. Portugal doesn't manage to destroy the natives in time. Did the AI actually show some intelligence with the timing of that attack?

In 1460, I successfully colonize Karroo. I am fairly successful with colonization this game. Notice that I didn't even do the trick where you attack the natives and run so as to improve colonization odds. I just didn't bother to do it with natives of aggression one in Ciskei and Karroo. Still, it probably would have been a good idea to improve odds by 4%. Now, I'm going to colonize for some time so I can bank up some colonists. I want a good chance of colonizing Inhambane before wiping out the natives there.

In 1461, I accept sale of offices for +100d, reducing base tax in Sofala from four to three. I almost always accept sale of offices, except when the base tax is of particular importance for build capacity in a region.

[anchor=Table]Table Becomes a Port City[/anchor]

On January 1, 1462, Table grows to 900, incorporates natives, and becomes a city. I now have the port required for WC! I get busy building a galley right away. For that 7d base tax in Table, I start promoting a tax collector when my 3921 cavalry unit arrives from Karroo. I do not intend to build fortresses. I can risk 12d spent on a galley; but I'm not taking chances with unprovoked rebellions and the 52d for a tax collector. From now on I am diligent about building another galley every 5 months. Early 1460's are a good time to start building galleys. I never am exactly sure how the timing in war with Oman may work out. It's best to be prepared as soon as possible.

[anchor=Zulu6]Sixth War with Zulu[/anchor]

Zulu makes an offer for peace. Zulu is willing to pay 301d for peace. I move my troops to Natal. On March 29, 1462, I accept Zulu's peace offer, then DoW them on the same day. Stability drops to -3. I'm comfortable with negative stability. The amount of revolt risk in most provinces is the same as the amount of war exhaustion. Despite over a decade of war, there is no war exhaustion. There are no battles nor troop recruitment activities.

On January 1, 1462, the treasury reaches a fat 615d. I send two 35d gifts to Zanj to get +200 relations. Then I get military access. It turns out that one gift for relations over +100 would have been enough for military access; it's a little wasteful spending. I'm still accustomed to some old rules usually requiring +180 relations for military access.

I get to deny another new tariff; Mercantilism drops to 4. I now get one whole colonist every year. On May 8, 1463, I capture the province of Natal for the sixth time.

On June 2, 1463, Mameluks DoWs Aden. Oman joins on the side of Mameluks. The Kaliphate and Timurid Empire joined Aden. At the time, I see this as a bad thing. There will now be troop buildup for my future enemies Oman and Mameluks. Aden's likely buildup reduces supply for troops I might like to place there with military access. My war against Oman may be delayed waiting until there is peace. The only way to get a considerable victory against Oman is for 100% victory. Other countries in the war make that impossible.

I have a few ships built by now. I use one of the ships to ferry a single cavalryman over to Zanj territory. I explore all unknown Zanj territory with the ship and cavalryman; the ship explores by making port in Tanga. It looks as if Zanj has not had any wars or rebellions. They have less than 2K troops. It's nice that I will have lots of space for troops that I want to put in Zanj territory.

By early 1464, all five of my galleys are collected in the Coast of Table. I send the 3921 cavalry that have been on guard in Table to Natal. I now have enough ships to ferry men back to Table in case there is a rebellion; the land connection is still undesirable to cross due to natives in my colonies. I prepare for the attack on natives in Inhambane. I have three colonists in reserve ready to colonize Inhambane; at over 50% success rate, at least one colonist should be successful.

The tiny cavalry, usually used to thwart Portuguese attacks in Inhambane, attacks natives at the end of June. He dies due to attrition; but he causes the natives to suffer some attrition also. Native strength is reduced to 4850 infantry. My 5300 cavalry and 4900 infantry arrive on July 1 to meet the natives. Ten days later the few natives that remain flee the battle. I attack again. On July 14, 1464, there are no natives in Inhambane. I send a colonist immediately. My cavalry isn't able to vacate Inhambane before attrition sets in. So, I merge a little infantry with the cavalry to give the more expensive cavalry protection from attrition. I move the troops to the port of Natal. My infantry are loaded on ships and cavalry are sent to my capital. In September 1464, a political crisis lowers stability to -3.

[anchor=SA_claimed]Most Desirable South African Provinces Claimed[/anchor]

On September 14, 1464, my first colonist to Inhambane is successful. I have claimed all the provinces I want at this time. The remaining two banked-up colonists I send back-to-back to the most valuable and least expensive province to become a city, Ciskei.

Note, until Zulu is annexed, it is best not to raise Nampuia, Zambezia, and Inhambane to cities since that reduces taxes in former Zimbabwe provinces due to some weird no land connection (NLC) penalty rules. When going toward Land on the DP sliders, NLC penalty is greater for provinces that are land connected to a port city. For provinces not land connected to a port city and not land connected to the capital, the NLC penalty is always 10%. At Land DP slider equal to 10, the NLC penalty is generally 20%.

[anchor=long_live]Long Live the King![/anchor]

On April 16, 1466, an heir to the crown is found. Stability increases to -1. This may be a good time to mention that good old King Sembene (7,7,7) is expected to be on the throne for a total of nearly two centuries. To explain it real life: before the public realizes the king is ailing, he is secluded and permits contact only with his advisors. His advisors and heir apparent run the country according to the king's dying wishes. King Sembene is pronounced an immortal; pagan ritual allows no unworthy person contact with such magnificence. And so the king "lives" on and on.

Although Mameluks and Oman make gains on Aden, they both seem to be losing the war against Aden's allies. Mameluks are having a few difficulties with rebels too. The Mameluks' war could end up working out to my favor. On October 25, 1466, Mameluks lose Judea and a little money to Gujarat. It's good that Mameluks is smaller and great that they are a divided nation. On December 1, 1466, Tunisia declared independence from Mameluks; Oman dishonored Mameluks' alliance call. That's bad; I want to get war against Oman and Mameluks with one DoW. I'm hopeful the alliance will be restored.

Kongo enters a military alliance with Castile, how bizarre. Castile has colonized Douala in the "arm pit of Africa" discovered by taking Portugal's maps in war. It's not on my maps right now; I just see some gold fringe there. In 1467, Tunisia falls to rebels and changes its name to Aleppo. An internal trade ordinance raises Sofala's base tax back up to 4.

In 1468, Mameluks makes peace with The Kaliphate and Timurid Empire paying next to nothing. Tripoli declared independence from Mameluks. I'm not happy about any of this. As I have explained earlier, I like Mameluks owning Tripolitania. Now Aden has little of hope of fighting off Mameluks and Oman.

On January 1, 1469, I move a DP slider toward Offensive. I have Offensive = 9 for a default shock of 3. This isn't usually essential in war against Oman; but I do absolutely require it by 1479 for war against Mameluks. I could choose to move toward Aristocracy = 10 instead and get the shock bonus on my next DP pick. At this point, the cost benefit of greater Aristocracy is only 1d per cavalry; the badboy benefit isn't much. I really would like an event to boost my Aristocracy. It would be a shame to waste such a fortunate event by already attaining Aristocracy = 10.

I start sending gifts to Aden. Since I have access with Zanj, I don't absolutely need access with Aden at this time. But it will be useful for war against Oman and it is necessary when warring against Mameluks. I reach +200 relations with Aden and could exchange my knowledge of 427 spaces unknown to them for 64 spaces unknown to me. But then my maps could end up in the hands of Oman or Mameluks and could spread. I figure it's best to do my own exploration of Oman while at war. And I don't absolutely need to make port in Aden, prevented by not knowing Straits of Obock at the mouth of the Red Sea. I intend to gain knowledge of the Red Sea by capturing Oman's capital.

I have overspent in obtaining military access once more; unlike with Zanj, this time I have an excuse. Maybe my gifts will help Aden in their war or help them reach a peace agreement sooner.

In preparation for war with Oman, I send a small unit of 290 cavalry to discover Aden's unknown territory; the territory could be useful for placing a number of my men. For discovery, there must be enough cavalry to suffer some possibly high supply attrition without dying, but not too many men that would not be considered expendable should timing prevent ships from returning to retrieve the men.

England and Castile go to war against Eire. Kongo is out of that strange alliance.

On May 19, 1469, the peasants are unhappy. Stability drops to -2 and a rebellion occurs in Nembire. I load nearly all my men on ships and ferry them to unload in Nampuia. A deliberately failed end-of-month attack reduces rebels to below 5K. The next attack fails. In August 1470, the third attack removes the rebels; my total army is now about 2K infantry and 5K cavalry.

Ciskei is now a level eight colony between 830 and 840 population; I will allow it to grow and concentrate on colonizing Karroo. In December 1470, the last of 21 galleys has been completed in Table. While continuing to build, I could begin an attack on Oman with as few as 16 galleys. More galleys are of course better. Twenty-one is a nice number of galleys for the attack; it permits two blockades and allows for a lost ship in battle or to attrition. Naval support is 0.3d/month at 50% maintenance.

[anchor=zulu_aden_peace]Peace with Zulu; Mameluks and Oman's Peace with Aden[/anchor]

On June 1, 1471, Zulu has accumulated 300d for peace. I take the money and make Zulu vassals as usual when I intend to have a period of peace. I'll stay at peace with Zulu until it's time to war with Oman.

On August 2, 1471, Mameluks accepted peace with Aden. Aden pays 114d to Mameluks. Arabia goes to Oman and Jordan to Mameluks. I'm not thrilled that my future enemies are now stronger; but the timing is great. Soon I can attack Oman. Mameluks and Oman's war with Aden hasn't delayed my attack on Oman by much. I'm at peace; so war exhaustion caused by troop buildup can be alleviated before DoWing.

[anchor=prepare_Oman]Prepare for War with Oman[/anchor]

Cavalry costs 17d per 1K, up from 16d due to inflation. The treasury is at 374d and census tax of 31d is expected. The money allows for production of 23K cavalry with 14d of support costs during building. My total build capacity in all provinces is 16K; but 2K of that is in unfortified Table. My maximum manpower reserve is 16K. My army support limit is 25K, of which I already have 7K built. I intend to build right up to the support limit, mobilize those troops, and then build reinforcements with remaining money. On September 1, 1471, I commission 4K cavalry in my capital; support costs are still very low.

On January 1, 1472, I build 14K cavalry in all of my "safe" fortified provinces. I have 2K in manpower reserve; in three months when build capacity allows more cavalry to be built, I will have 5 manpower in reserve. The treasury is now at least 93d. Five thousand cavalry cost 85d, leaving at least 8d for maintenance costs for three months. Total military maintenance, including ships is a about 2.7d per month; three months maintenance costs between 8d and 9d. I've got this figured out to the cent; but if my calculations are off, I can always mint a little or build a galley or infantry instead of 1K of the cavalry.

Aleppo (Tunisia province) is annexed by Naples. Europeans in Africa can only cause problems when the badboy wars start.

On March 1, 1472, stability increased to 0. This is just right since it allows simultaneously DoWing Oman dropping two stability for no CB, then DoWing Zulu while at -2 stability. On April 1, 1472, I build the 5K cavalry; I am 5K over my limit. Total support cost including ships is now about 5.5d/month. The gold in Zimbabwe is needed for support without taking a loan; I hope I don't have a rebellion there. Except a little over 2K infantry and 3K cavalry in Natal, all troops are moved to territory in Zanj.

On September 2, 1472, I went with Press Issue in Boundary Dispute; stability dropped to -1. Simultaneous DoW on Oman and Zulu is no longer possible. But stability is due to recover in November 1473. I just better not drop to -3 stability before war with Oman. It takes some time to get troops ready for war. That's okay because war exhaustion from troop building is still dropping, and I'm still hopeful that Mameluks and Oman will renew their alliance.

On January 1, 1473, I get 31d in the treasury. Except for one galley, any military I build now would not be worthwhile, only expensive to maintain. A colonist to make Ciskei a city costs 30d; so that's where I spend my money. Staying at zero treasury is important when the military support costs are high.

[anchor=DoW_Oman]DoW Oman, the War Plan[/anchor]

On March 3, 1473, I am ready for war. I'm not waiting any longer for Mameluks and Oman to renew their alliance. I DoW Oman, taking a -2 stability hit for not having CB. Stability is -3.

In many cases, I would have knowledge of at least three of Oman's mainland provinces and port access in Aden; then I would use loaded ships to concentrate a swift attack in the Arabian Peninsula. I would use only minimal forces in Zanzibar once I had managed to distract Oman's defending fleets or had emptied my fleets and returned them south for attack.

In this case, I don't have knowledge of Masirah between Dofhar and Mascate. I don't know Al Kharam north of Mascate either; and The Kaliphate has claimed Oman's northern colonies in some early war. Unloading in Mascate is nearly impossible; Oman's main navy makes port there and guards it too well. Using a port in Zanj, naval attrition would be high by the time of reaching the Mascate Coast. Enemy troops often win the battle when unloading cavalry from ship to a mountain. In this case, if a battle in Mascate is lost at any time, men have nowhere to retreat but back to ship, risky when the sea-zone is well guarded. Even after a successful retreat, naval attrition is very high. Unloading directly to Mascate is generally a poor idea except unloading tiny forces as a bluff to provoke a naval combat. The AI knows when you load or unload ships, and it reacts.

My plan is to use a small number of cavalry to explore Masirah by invading Dofhar from the south. I will concentrate efforts on Zanzibar first. Most of my men and ships have to wait in the area anyway. There isn't much space for troops on the Arabian Peninsula; and there's nowhere for me to make port.

I have recently unloaded 7841 cavalry to Aden's province of Hadramut. Eight galleys make their way back to port in Straits of Zanzibar. Hadramut borders Oman's province of Dofhar where Oman has 390 men. Oman has recently blown a load of money on a missionary to Dofhar. As is typical, Hadramut is packed with Aden's troops; if all my men stayed there, supply attrition would be 8%. I rush Oman with 5420 cavalry. If the attack annihilates Oman's small force, my men suffer no attrition. If the attack fails, the men suffer 1% supply attrition, which they would suffer anyway from movement attrition during the retreat. In Hadramut, 2421 cavalry suffer 2% attrition. Aden has some 10.5K cavalry plus infantry there.

Thirteen of my galleys have recently left Zanj's port in Straits of Zanzibar. The ships are fully loaded with 13K cavalry. About 3700 cavalry wait in reserve in Zanj territory. Oman has 1971 men in Zanzibar. Another of Oman's extravagant purchases, a recently built warship of Oman is present in the Straits; a battle ensues immediately. I recently spotted Oman's fleet of five galleys and one transport two sea-zones to the north, heading away from Zanzibar. Oman has no significant advantages. Oman has land two and naval two. I have land two and naval one.

Over 5K mixed troops wait in Natal. A war is planned against Zulu when stability increases to -2 before the end of the year. The troops are also a minimal force for dealing with possible rebellion. In case of rebellion, more troops would likely be needed, built using census tax or minted income and loot.

Rebels control Oman's province of Arabia, bordering Mameluks. I don't care about that much since Oman could not possibly recruit from the wrong religion, non-connected, non-core, and low tax province. But it will make an unexpected difference in the war, which I will explain later.

Last edited:
Interesting...

Is the explanation of this 200-year-reigning king an actual historical thing or your explanation?

------ March 1, 1453: Mint all loot and income, total ~18.5d.
----- April 19, 1453: Loot Regiment (1 cav) arrived in Chibuene.
----- April 20, 1453: Castile captured the city in Gibraltar from Portugal.
------- June 1, 1453: Our stability increased to -1.
------ July 12, 1453: Castile captured the city in Tago from Portugal.
----- August 1, 1453: Baluchistan declared war upon Timurid Empire.
--------------------: The Kaliphate joined Timurid Empire in war on Baluchistan.
--------------------: Aden dishonored a Military Alliance with Timurid Empire.
--------------------: Xhosa's Isolation Penalty recalculated and removed.
---- January 9, 1454: We denied new tariff in Foreign Trade Competition Rises.
--------------------: Mercantilism -1, Mercantilism = 5, 0.8 colonists/yr.
------ March 2, 1454: Send colonist to Table (success 95%, -39d).
------ March 3, 1454: Portugal accepted peace with Castile:
--------------------: Portugal pays 127d. Gibraltar and Oporto to Castile.
-------- May 2, 1454: We successfully expanded our Colony in Table to level 5.
--------------------: Mint all loot and income, total ~18.5d.
------- June 7, 1454: Tripoli accepted peace with Mameluks:
--------------------: Full Annexation of Tripoli by Mameluks.
------- June 8, 1454: Loot Regiment (1 cav) arrived in Chibuene.
----- August 1, 1454: Our stability increased to 0.
-------- May 4, 1455: Send colonist to Table (success 95%, -37d).
------- June 8, 1455: Portugal attacks natives in Inhambane.
------ June 23, 1455: Portugal and we won against Natives in Inhambane.
------ June 23, 1455: We attacked natives in Inhambane.
------ June 30, 1455: Portugal and we lost against Natives in Inhambane.
------- July 1, 1455: Tiny Cavalry in Inhambane has been annihilated!
------- July 4, 1455: We successfully expanded our Colony in Table to level 6.
----- August 1, 1455: We are attacked by natives in Inhambane.
----- August 1, 1455: Tiny Cavalry lost a battle against Natives in Inhambane.
-- September 1, 1455: Tiny Cavalry stops in Inhambane.
-- September 2, 1455: Scandal at the Court happened to us.
--- November 1, 1455: Our stability increased to +1.
----- August 9, 1456: Send colonist to Table (success 95%, -35d).
---- October 9, 1456: We successfully expanded our Colony in Table to level 7.
--- October 10, 1456: Oman entered a Military Alliance with Mameluks.
---- January 1, 1457: Our stability increased to +2.
--- January 12, 1457: Portugal attacks natives in Inhambane.
--- January 21, 1457: Portugal and we won against Natives in Inhambane.
--- January 21, 1457: We attacked natives in Inhambane.
--- January 28, 1457: Portugal and we won against Natives in Inhambane.
--- January 29, 1457: We attacked natives in Inhambane.
--- January 30, 1457: Portugal and we lost against Natives in Inhambane.
--- February 1, 1457: Our army in Inhambane has been annihilated!
--- October 25, 1457: Gift to the State happened to us.
--------------------: Treasury +100d.
--- November 2, 1457: Send colonist to Table (success 95%, -33d).
--- November 2, 1457: Loot Regiment (1 cav) departs for round trip through Natal.
--------------------: Mint all loot and income, total ~19d.
-- December 17, 1457: Loot Regiment (1 cav) arrived in Chibuene.
---- January 2, 1458: We successfully expanded our Colony in Table to 863 pop.
------ April 1, 1458: Our stability increased to +3.
---- January 1, 1459: Land 2. We can now build level 2 Fortresses.
---- January 1, 1459: DP slider toward Offensive, Offensive = 8.
--------------------: Our stability dropped to +2.
-- February 15, 1459: Loot Regiment (1 cav) arrived in Chibuene.
-- February 24, 1459: Chibuene Regiment (4000 cav) arrived in Natal.
------- May 18, 1459: Send colonist to Ciskei (success 57%, -43d).
------- June 8, 1459: Chibuene Regiment (3921 cav) stopped in Karroo.
------- July 9, 1459: Nobles Ally with Foreign Power happened to us.
--------------------: Our stability dropped (x2) to 0.
------ July 18, 1459: We successfully established a new Colony in Ciskei.
-- December 30, 1459: Portugal attacks natives in Inhambane.
---- January 1, 1460: Tiny Cavalry in Inhambane has been annihilated!
--- February 5, 1460: Tiny Cavalry arrives in Inhambane.
--- February 5, 1460: Portugal and we lost against Natives in Inhambane.
------ March 1, 1460: Tiny Cavalry in Inhambane has been annihilated!
------ April 1, 1460: Our stability increased to +1.
-------- May 1, 1460: We are attacked by natives in Inhambane.
-------- May 1, 1460: Tiny Cavalry lost a battle against Natives in Inhambane.
-------- May 4, 1460: Send colonist to Karroo (success 54%, -51d).
------- May 21, 1460: Tiny Cavalry arrived in Chibuene.
------- June 1, 1460: We are attacked by natives in Inhambane.
------- June 1, 1460: Tiny Cavalry lost a battle against Natives in Inhambane.
------ June 21, 1460: Tiny Cavalry arrived in Chibuene.
------- July 4, 1460: We successfully established a new Colony in Karroo.
------- July 1, 1460: Tiny Cavalry stops in Inhambane.
------- July 1, 1461: Our stability increased to +2.
-- September 3, 1461: We went with Accept in Sale of Offices.
--------------------: Treasury +100d. Base tax in Sofala drops from 4 to 3.
---- January 1, 1462: Table grows to 900, adds natives, and becomes a city.
--------------------: Build galley in Table (-12d) every 5 months.
--- January 21, 1462: Chibuene Regiment (3921 cav) arrived in Table from Karroo.
--------------------: Promote tax collector in Table (-52d).
----- March 26, 1462: Natal Regiment (~1400 cav) arrived in Natal.
----- March 29, 1462: Xhosa accepted Zulu's peace offer: Zulu pays 301d.
----- March 29, 1462: Xhosa declared war upon Zulu.
----- March 29, 1462: Our stability dropped (x5) to -3.
----- March 29, 1462: We have initiated a siege in Natal.
------ April 8, 1462: Natal Regiment (~4900 inf) arrived in Natal.
---- January 1, 1463: Our stability increased to -2.
--------------------: Treasury = 615d.
--- February 1, 1463: Personal Gift drastically improved relations with Zanj (-35d).
--------------------: They should be regarded as our friends (+103).
------ March 1, 1463: Personal Gift enormously improved relations with Zanj (-35d).
--------------------: They should be regarded as the closest of our friends (+200).
----- March 11, 1463: We denied new tariff in Foreign Trade Competition Rises.
--------------------: Mercantilism -1, Mercantilism = 4, 1.0 colonists/yr.
------ April 1, 1463: Zanj is now granting us military access to their country.
-------- May 8, 1463: We captured the province of Natal from Zulu.
------- May 17, 1463: Tiny Cavalry arrived in Nampuia.
------- June 2, 1463: Mameluks declared war upon Aden.
--------------------: Oman joined Mameluks in their war against Aden.
--------------------: The Kaliphate and Timurid Empire joined Aden
--------------------: in war against Mameluks and Oman.
------ June 17, 1463: Natal Regiment arrived in Transkei.
------ June 22, 1463: Table Fleet arrived in Nampuia.
------ June 26, 1463: Natal Regiment arrived in Transkei.
------- July 7, 1463: Table Fleet arrived in Mozambica Channel.
------ July 17, 1463: Loot Regiment (1 cav) arrived in Chibuene.
------ July 17, 1463: Tiny Cavalry finished loading in Mozambica Channel.
------ July 27, 1463: Table Fleet arrived in Rufiji Delta.
---- August 24, 1463: Tiny Cavalry finished unloading in Rufiji.
- September 21, 1463: Table Fleet arrived in Nampuia.
-- November 17, 1463: Table Fleet arrived in Tanga.
---- January 1, 1464: Rebel Scum captured the city in Tunisia from Mameluks.
-- February 13, 1464: Table Squadron arrived in Table Bay.
-- February 16, 1464: Table Fleet arrived in Coast of Transkei.
-- February 18, 1464: The Kaliphate captured the city in Syria from Mameluks.
-- February 18, 1464: Timurid Empire captured the city in Syria from Mameluks.
-- February 18, 1464: Aden captured the city in Syria from Mameluks.
-- February 22, 1464: Chibuene Regiment (3921 cav) finished loading in Table Bay.
----- April 19, 1464: Table Squadron arrived in Natal.
--------------------: Chibuene Regiment (3921 cav) finished unloading in Natal.
----- April 24, 1464: Table Squadron arrived in Coast of Transkei.
----- April 26, 1464: Natal Regiment (~1400 cav) arrived in Natal.
----- April 30, 1464: Rebel Scum captured the city in Nile from Mameluks.
-------- May 8, 1464: Natal Regiment arrived in Natal.
--------------------: Three colonists in reserve.
------- June 1, 1464: Our stability increased to -1.
------ June 29, 1464: We attacked natives in Inhambane.
------ June 29, 1464: We lost a battle against natives in Inhambane (5000 inf).
------- July 1, 1464: Tiny Cavalry in Inhambane has been annihilated!
------- July 1, 1464: Natal Regiment (~5300 cav) arrived in Inhambane.
------- July 1, 1464: Natal Regiment (~4900 inf) arrived in Inhambane.
------- July 1, 1464: We have engaged hostile armies in Inhambane (4850 inf).
------ July 11, 1464: We won a battle against natives in Inhambane.
------ July 11, 1464: We are attacked by natives in Inhambane.
------ July 14, 1464: We annihilated Natives in Inhambane.
------ July 14, 1464: Send colonist to Inhambane (54% success, -53d).
---- August 21, 1464: Inhambane Regiment (~950 inf,5150 cav) arrived in Natal.
---- August 21, 1464: Natal Regiment arrived in Natal (~2500 inf).
- September 10, 1464: The Kaliphate captured the city in Aleppo from Mameluks.
- September 10, 1464: Aden captured the city in Aleppo from Mameluks.
- September 11, 1464: Political Crisis happened to us.
--------------------: Our stability dropped (x3) to -3.
- September 14, 1464: We successfully established a new Colony in Inhambane.
- September 14, 1464: Send colonist to Ciskei (success 92%, -41d).
- September 16, 1464: Natal Regiment (~3450 inf) finished loading in Coast of Transkei.
- September 21, 1464: Tiny Cavalry arrived in Chibuene.
- September 26, 1464: Natal Regiment (~5150 cav) arrived in Transkei.
--- October 29, 1464: The Kaliphate captured the city in Samaria from Mameluks.
-- November 14, 1464: We successfully expanded our Colony in Ciskei to level 2.
-- November 15, 1464: Send colonist to Ciskei (success 95%, -39d).
--- January 15, 1465: We successfully expanded our Colony in Ciskei to level 3.
--- January 17, 1465: Send colonist to Ciskei (success 95%, -37d).
-- February 14, 1465: Table Fleet arrived in Coast of Transkei.
------ March 9, 1465: Mameluks captured the city in Nile from Rebel Scum.
----- March 17, 1465: We successfully expanded our Colony in Ciskei to level 4.
-------- May 9, 1465: Rebel Scum captured Tripolitania from Mameluks.
------- May 12, 1465: Tiny Cavalry arrived in Mombasa.
- September 18, 1465: Natal Regiment finished unloading in Natal.
- September 18, 1465: Table Fleet arrived in Natal.
- September 24, 1465: Table Fleet arrived in Coast of Transkei.
--- October 17, 1465: Natal Regiment finished loading in Coast of Transkei.
---- January 3, 1465: Send colonist to Ciskei (success 95%, -37d).
--- February 2, 1466: We successfully expanded our Colony in Ciskei to level 5.
------ March 1, 1466: Our stability increased to -2.
------ April 3, 1466: Aden captured the city in Lebanon from Mameluks.
------ April 3, 1466: The Kaliphate captured the city in Lebanon from Mameluks.
----- April 16, 1466: A Heir to the Crown happened to us.
--------------------: Our stability increased to -1.
------- July 3, 1466: The Kaliphate captured the city in Zanzibar from Oman.
----- August 6, 1466: Table Squadron arrived in Coast of Transkei.
---- August 17, 1466: Mameluks captured the city in Syria from The Kaliphate.
--- October 25, 1466: Mameluks accepted peace with Gujarat:
--------------------: Mameluks pays 40d. Judea to Gujarat.
--- December 1, 1466: Tunisia declared independence from Mameluks.
--------------------: Tunisia declared war upon Mameluks.
--------------------: Oman dishonored a Military Alliance she had with Mameluks.
--- December 1, 1466: Send colonist to Ciskei (success 95%, -35d).
-- December 13, 1466: Rebel Scum captured the city in Cyrenaica from Mameluks.
-- December 16, 1466: Loot Regiment (1 cav) arrived in Chibuene.
-- December 18, 1466: Kongo entered a Military Alliance with Castile.
--- February 1, 1467: We successfully expanded our Colony in Ciskei to level 6.
-- September 1, 1467: Our stability increased to 0.
- September 28, 1467: Internal Trade Ordinance happened to us.
--------------------: Base tax in Sofala increases from 3 to 4.
--- October 15, 1467: The Kaliphate captured the city in Syria from Mameluks.
--- October 15, 1467: Timurid Empire captured the city in Syria from Mameluks.
--- October 30, 1467: Oman captured the city in Iraq from The Kaliphate.
-- November 15, 1467: Rebel Scum captured the city in Tunisia from Tunisia.
--- December 1, 1467: The government of Tunisia has fallen.
--- December 1, 1467: The people of Aleppo declared independence from Tunisia.
--------------------: Mint all loot and income, ~19d.
--- January 16, 1468: Loot Regiment (1 cav) arrived in Chibuene.
--- February 1, 1468: We successfully expanded our Colony in Ciskei to level 7.
------ March 5, 1468: Mameluks captured the city in Aleppo from The Kaliphate.
----- March 21, 1468: Mameluks accepted peace with Timurid Empire:
--------------------: Mameluks pays 10d.
-------- May 2, 1468: The people of Tripoli declared independence from Mameluks.
-------- May 2, 1468: Tripoli declared war upon Mameluks.
------- July 3, 1468: The Kaliphate accepted peace with Mameluks:
--------------------: Mameluks pays 10d.
----- August 7, 1468: Table Squadron arrived in Coast of Transkei.
---- January 1, 1469: DP slider toward Offensive, Offensive = 9.
--------------------: Our stability dropped to -1.
---- January 1, 1469: Letter of Introduction slightly improved relations w/Aden.
--------------------: They should be regarded as completely neutral (-8d).
--------------------: Aden discovered Transkei.
---- January 6, 1469: Coast of Transkei Squadron arrived in Natal (6 galleys).
--- January 21, 1469: Natal Regiment finished loading in Coast of Transkei (290 cav).
--- January 21, 1469: Regiment finished loading in Coast of Transkei.
--- January 27, 1469: Natal Regiment finished unloading in Natal.
--- January 27, 1469: Coast of Transkei Squadron arrived in Natal.
--- February 1, 1469: Personal Gift drastically improved relations with Aden.
--------------------: They should be regarded as our friends (-35d).
--- February 1, 1469: We failed in our Colonization attempt in Ciskei.
--- February 3, 1469: Coast of Transkei Squadron arrived in Coast of Transkei.
--- February 6, 1469: England declared war upon Eire.
--- February 6, 1469: Castile joined England in war against Eire.
--- February 6, 1469: Kongo dishonored an alliance with Castile and England.
-- February 24, 1469: Natal Regiment arrived in Transkei.
------ March 1, 1469: Our stability increased to 0.
------ March 1, 1469: Personal Gift considerably improved relations with Aden.
--------------------: They should be regarded as very dear friends (-35d).
----- March 12, 1469: Aden captured the city in Dofhar from Oman.
----- March 16, 1469: Coast of Transkei Squadron arrived in Mozambica Channel.
------ April 1, 1469: Personal Gift drastically improved relations with Aden.
--------------------: They should be regarded as the closest of our friends (-35d).
------- May 19, 1469: Unhappiness among the Peasantry happened to us.
--------------------: Our stability dropped (x2) to -2.
--------------------: The peasants in Nembire are revolting!
------- June 1, 1469: Aden is now granting us military access to their country.
------ June 19, 1469: Mameluks captured the city in Jordan from Aden.
------ June 21, 1469: Transkei Regiment finished loading in Coast of Transkei.
------- July 4, 1469: Natal Regiment finished unloading in Nampuia.
------- July 4, 1469: Table Fleet arrived in Nampuia.
------ July 14, 1469: Coast of Transkei Squadron arrived in Coast of Transkei.
------ July 27, 1469: Transkei Regiment finished unloading in Nampuia.
------ July 27, 1469: Table Squadron arrived in Nampuia.
----- August 2, 1469: Coast of Transkei Squadron arrived in Bab El Mandeb (6 galleys).
---- August 14, 1469: Transkei Regiment finished unloading in Hadramut (~285 cav).
--------------------: Attempt to discover the unknown province of Aden.
---- August 22, 1469: Natal Regiment finished loading in Coast of Transkei.
- September 21, 1469: Coast of Transkei Squadron arrived in Nampuia.
- September 21, 1469: Natal Regiment finished unloading in Nampuia.
--- November 6, 1469: Coast of Transkei Squadron arrived in Mombasa (6 galleys).
-- November 29, 1469: Nampuia Regiment arrived in Nembire.
-- November 29, 1469: Natal Regiment arrived in Nembire.
--- December 1, 1469: We lost a battle against Rebel Scum in Nembire.
--- December 2, 1469: Transkei Regiment arrived in Aden.
--------------------: We discovered the province of Aden.
-- December 15, 1469: Transkei Regiment arrived in Hadramut.
--- January 23, 1470: Natal Regiment arrived in Sofala.
--- January 23, 1470: Nampuia Regiment arrived in Sofala.
--- February 1, 1470: We successfully expanded our Colony in Ciskei to pop ~830.
--- February 7, 1470: Coast of Transkei Squadron arrived in Bab El Mandeb (6 galleys).
------ March 2, 1470: Transkei Regiment finished loading in Bab El Mandeb (~275 cav).
------ March 6, 1470: Table Squadron arrived in Coast of Transkei.
--------------------: Mint all loot and income, ~19d.
----- March 16, 1470: Loot Cavalry arrived in Chibuene.
----- March 30, 1470: Nampuia Regiment arrived in Nembire.
----- March 30, 1470: Natal Regiment arrived in Nembire.
----- April 19, 1470: We lost a battle against Rebel Scum in Nembire.
----- April 21, 1470: Coast of Transkei Squadron arrived in Mombasa (6 galleys).
----- April 21, 1470: Transkei Regiment finished unloading in Mombasa (~270 cav).
-------- May 1, 1470: Coast of Transkei Squadron arrived in Zanzibar Strait.
------- May 21, 1470: Transkei Regiment finished loading in Zanzibar Strait.
------- June 2, 1470: Oman captured the city in Lebanon from Aden.
------- June 2, 1470: Mameluks captured the city in Lebanon from Aden.
------- June 4, 1470: Natal Regiment arrived in Nampuia.
------- June 4, 1470: Nampuia Regiment arrived in Nampuia.
------ June 17, 1470: Coast of Transkei Squadron arrived in Nampuia.
------ June 17, 1470: Transkei Regiment finished unloading in Nampuia.
------ July 29, 1470: Transkei Regiment arrived in Nembire.
------ July 29, 1470: Nampuia Regiment arrived in Nembire.
------ July 29, 1470: Natal Regiment arrived in Nembire.
----- August 6, 1470: We won a battle against Rebel Scum in Nembire.
---- August 11, 1470: Table Fleet arrived in Mozambica Channel.
-- September 1, 1470: Our stability increased to -1.
- September 21, 1470: Nembire Regiment arrived in Nampuia.
- September 21, 1470: Natal Regiment arrived in Nampuia.
--- November 6, 1470: Table Squadron arrived in Coast of Transkei.
-- November 11, 1470: Diplomatic Insult happened to us.
-- November 26, 1470: Natal Regiment finished loading in Mozambica Channel.
--- December 1, 1470: Send colonist to Karroo (success 91%, -51d).
--------------------: Last of 21 galleys has been completed.
--- January 13, 1471: Table Squadron arrived in Coast of Transkei.
--- February 1, 1471: We failed in our Colonization attempt in Karroo.
------ March 5, 1471: Table Fleet arrived in Coast of Natal.
----- March 19, 1471: Oman captured the city in Dofhar from Aden.
------- May 18, 1471: Mozambica Channel Squadron arrived in Coast of Transkei.
------- May 22, 1471: Table Fleet arrived in Coast of Transkei.
--------------------: Mint all loot and income ~19d.
------- June 1, 1471: Zulu accepted our generous peace offer.
--------------------: Zulu pays 300d. Zulu are now our vassals.
------ June 13, 1471: Table Squadron arrived in Coast of Transkei.
------ June 18, 1471: Loot Cavalry arrived in Chibuene.
------ June 28, 1471: Oman captured the city in Arabia from Aden.
------ June 28, 1471: Mameluks captured the city in Arabia from Aden.
----- August 2, 1471: Table Squadron arrived in Table Bay.
----- August 2, 1471: Mameluks accepted peace with Aden:
--------------------: Aden pays 114d. Arabia to Oman and Jordan to Mameluks.
----- August 7, 1471: Natal Regiment finished unloading in Table.
----- August 7, 1471: Table Fleet arrived in Table.
---- August 12, 1471: Table Fleet arrived in Table Bay.
-- September 1, 1471: Treasury ~374d.
--------------------: Build 4K cavalry in Transkei (-68d).
-- November 27, 1471: Mameluks captured the city in Cyrenaica from Tripoli.
--- December 1, 1471: Send colonist to Karroo (success 92%, -51d).
---- January 1, 1472: Build maximum 14K cavalry in all fortified provinces (-238d).
--------------------: Army at 25K support level, (~2K inf,23K cav).
--------------------: Treasury = 93d. Army support = 2.4d/month. Naval = 0.3d/month.
---- January 3, 1472: Aleppo accepted peace with Naples:
--------------------: Full Annexation of Aleppo (Tunisia province) by Naples.
--- February 1, 1472: We successfully expanded our Colony in Karroo to level 2.
-- February 15, 1472: Natal Regiment finished loading in Table Bay.
------ March 1, 1472: Our stability increased to 0.
------ April 1, 1472: Table Fleet arrived in Coast of Transkei.
------ April 1, 1472: Treasury = 85d. Build 5K cavalry in Transkei. Treasury = 0d.
--------------------: Gather troops and ferry to Zanj territory.
-- September 1, 1472: The peasants in Arabia are revolting against Oman!
-- September 2, 1472: We went with Press Issue in Boundary Dispute.
-- September 2, 1472: Our stability dropped to -1.
-- December 29, 1472: Mameluks entered a Royal Marriage with Oman.
--------------------: Send 8 galleys loaded w/8K cavalry to Arabian Peninsula.
--------------------: 16700 cavalry remain in Zanj territory.
---- January 1, 1473: Send colonist to Ciskei, 95% success, -30d of 31d census tax.
---- January 6, 1473: Table Fleet arrived in Zanzibar Strait (13 galleys).
--- January 26, 1473: Tanga Regiment finished loading in Zanzibar Strait (13K cav).
-- February 19, 1473: Zanzibar Strait Squadron in Bab El Mandeb (8 loaded galleys).
------ March 1, 1473: We successfully expanded our Colony in Ciskei to a city.
------ March 1, 1473: Table Fleet arrived in Zanzibar Strait (13 loaded galleys).
------ March 3, 1473: Tanga Regiment finished unloading in Hadramut (7841 cav).
------ March 3, 1473: Xhosa declared war upon Oman.
------ March 3, 1473: We are attacked by fleets of Oman in Zanzibar Strait.
--------------------: Oman's 1 warship vs. 13 Xhosa galleys.
------ March 3, 1473: Our stability dropped (x2) to -3.

Last edited:
Well, at least with all the logs, we can hold you accountable.

anonymous4401 said:
Is the explanation of this 200-year-reigning king an actual historical thing or your explanation?
I just made it up. Zulu has the exact same long living king. I wonder if there even is an historical record for these South African tribes for the time period. Anyway, the "deathdate" for King Semeben is supposed to be October 13, 1463. But there's no replacement until 1610. So the wonderful king remains until then.

About the logs, I edit them quite a bit. So if something is not quite right, it could be a mistake of mine. Mostly, the logs are just to help me write the AAR. Since I've already worked on the logs, I may as well present them. It could be a useful aid for someone to follow along.