• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Both Xenografted Muscles and Plaguepods are very useful, depending on which unit fields them. But especially early game pods are an option on practically every unit.

Also note that Pods count as grenades.

My usual loadout for Pustules while playing Vanguard:

-Nanite Injectors
-"Combat Sensors" (forgot proper name)
-Xenoplague Parasite

Plague Pods are a ranged attack option. Problem is that you want to engage with your Pustules into close combat asap. Therefore I don't use them on close combat units.
Plague Pods are however a good choice for flying units.

My usual loadout for Pustules while playing Vanguard:

-Nanite Injectors
-"Combat Sensors" (forgot proper name)
-Xenoplague Parasite

Plague Pods are a ranged attack option. Problem is that you want to engage with your Pustules into close combat asap. Therefore I don't use them on close combat units.
Plague Pods are however a good choice for flying units.
If enemy does not have stagger resistance, plague pods are way better than melee attack, even for pustules. Enemy groups lose all action points and your pustules are already a few hexes away for devastating next turn.

plague pods aren't really a "ranged attack option," their range is 3 and witht he aoe that's 4. so they're a close combat tool, even if technically not a melee attack

so put it on your melee dudes/"brawlers" (range 5 units) since they'll actually be in the effective range to use them

plague pods aren't really a "ranged attack option," their range is 3 and witht he aoe that's 4. so they're a close combat tool, even if technically not a melee attack

so put it on your melee dudes/"brawlers" (range 5 units) since they'll actually be in the effective range to use them
I don't understand why you think "ranged" is synonim for "snipers". I used the mod with Vanguard Troopers which have range 7. Are they brawlers? If enemy is not stagger-resistant, it is optimal to move forward as far as possible and use AoE stagger. If your Vanguard Troopers are blocked by melee units, it is optimal to use AoE heal for friendly units and AoE attack for enemy units. If your units are damaged, it is optimal to heal them. The mod has strategic value as well, time works in your favour now since you have unlimited heal on cooldown, you can shoot from far with your snipers and heal whatever damage enemy snipers are dealing to you so enemy is forced to attack you as soon as possible. Also it is not rare to see enemy ranged units attack you from behind some long cover so melee attacks are impossible and then the range 3 attack is even more awesome.

The only thing I wish, is us getting some control over Evolution&Spawning. And a mechanic for it has already been shown with Evolving Oathbound Aspirants.

My idea:
1. The points are mentioned on the UI. Call it "Infected Biomass" or something.
2. Units are spawned and upgraded via strategic operations
3. These strategic operations cost very little Energy and Ops Points, but serious amounts of "Infected Biomass"
4. There should be a limit how far you can bank. Either a hard cap after wich nothing counts anymore, or units spawning as they do nowif you go too far over the indented storage amount
5. Optionally this can be expanded to also cover all Xenoplague Operations and mods, but that might be to big of a balance change.

I actually tried making a mod for this. Lacking a proper UI, I would have stored "Infected Biomass" as a buff on the Commander.
But I was entirely unable to detect the death of Infected unit or disable the current spawning rules, so that idea failed.