• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
nice update! nothing can stop the German Army

nice update! nothing can stop the German Army

To: Major Guillec87

Holland and Belgium should fall easily on our power.

I hope that we are fast enough trough Luxembourg, to divide the French troops, leaving them in the Maginot Line, and to leave the northern France open to engage the remaining troops in pinch effect.
If not possible, to conquer all of Belgium and ports north of France.

I want to avoid a war of trenches again.
Some people say that they are the best Army in Europe.
I have my doubts, but never relying.

Gunthi von Hrod

It looks like the German boots crushes everything in its path. Strange that the Belgiums did not mobilize at this stage, and leaving Arlon without garrison was a crucial mistake. Especially if the French also 'forget' to defend Sedan, creating a huge hole to be exploited by the Wehrmacht. The French, Dutch and Belgian troops are probably not able to turn the tide due to these tactical errors. Onwards, to Paris!

To: Private NuclioN

Before the invasion of Norway and Denmark, I think that all believed that peace could be achieved.
After, I confess that only hoped.
Perhaps Belgium expected to maintain its neutrality, after several months of military inactivity on this front.
Maybe they did not want to provoke us.
Do not know…
Sedan if, at first sight seemed deserted, was not.
But it was not defended enough and after a brief confrontation, conquer it.

Gunthi von Hrod

nice update, advance is progressing good

Rare seems to be scares, doesn't the Russians have anymore or are they just reluctant to give them too you? I guess the Italians are out of rares too.

Rare seems to be scares, doesn't the Russians have anymore or are they just reluctant to give them too you? I guess the Italians are out of rares too.

To: Field Marshal Surt

I am also concerned about the lack and loss of Rare Material.
I confess I do not know the real implications in our military operations, but I know it will do in production.
We are already buying from the Soviet Union 36 tons of Rare Material and 50 tons of Metal.
It is difficult to get more from them. The deal that we had for 17 tons, they canceled on July 16th. I think we are trying to disrupt us.
The Italians are selling us 23,55 Tons.
But my dear Kamerad, I'm open to any suggestions.

Gunthi von Hrod

Pillage and plunder !!!!! YAAAAAR !

To the ministry of armaments:

Regarding the rares: There are really no other than the allies, the USA, Italy and the Soviets that can sell you rares. Of these the allies/USA are either at war with you or has a large risk of sinking your convoys if they would want to sell anything. (Gamey: order 50 rares from the US and live with the convoy sinkings, in RL they made the Cash-And-Carry law which effective prevented any trade from other than the Allies as no axis powers had any cash the US would accept and even if they did then they couldn't carry it home on their own ships as the law required).

Italy most likely sells all they can to you, if you check the diplomacy screen they should be less than 4 rares in surplus, to improve their production you might be able to Share technology Chemical engineering with them if they are behind in that tech. This would give around 5 more rare in best case.

Which leave the Soviets, check the diplomacy screen to see if they have a large surplus or less than the 17 they cancelled. If they have more, then you might have to improve relations, sell them some supplies (25) and they might suggest you buy rares by themselves. They wont suggest you buy their rares if you don't have a large positive cash flow. Sell energy to your incompetent allies. This might give 100+ if they have that surplus.

Continuous research ahead rare production, now I can't remember how much rares you have in vanilla and what the bonus is but I think this might give 5-10 extra for each level.

Reduce revoltish in the rare provinces that are in your Reich. This could also give 5+ rares.

All in all if you won't buy from the USA and can't from the Soviets you are in for a bad time unless you capture a huge stockpile in the Netherland, Belgium or France.

Meeting with the Ministry of Armaments

Today, in a meeting with Hjalmar Schacht, informed me that Field Marshal Surt wrote him, concerned about the low levels of rare material.
With the ideas of the Marshal, will talk with Ernst von Weizsäcker to recommend the ministry of foreign affairs to try to negotiate more rare material with the Soviets and the Italians.
However previous conversations with Ernst, I learned that something is happening in the Ministry, there are many secrets in the person of Ribbentrop in the Soviet Union.
Something is happening.
But let's try anyway.

I have asked Schacht to give thanks to Field Marshal Surt.

Author's Note:
This is where I find myself.
I doubt if I should follow a historical context, that is, following what Hitler decided or if I can persuade him to follow other ways.
The questions are in relation to Yugoslavia, Greece and Russia.

Updated Operation AD
EXP_Operation_AD.jpg

Last edited:
27 March, 1941
To: Field Marshal Surt

I can relate with is problem. Is problem is my problem. But he doesn’t have to answer directly to the Führer. I do.
And I already disrespected the Führers orders to not divert troops of Operation Barbarossa.
I promise him the light tanks that will arrive from the factories.

The Führer summoned is senior Officers to a meeting.
I hope that this do not come up for discussion.

Best Regards

Gunthi von Hrod