• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

EUROO7

EUROO7
30 Badges
Jan 26, 2008
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
EUROO7 Presents
A Werewolf Game in Eurostructure

X0TX9Yx.png
Werewolf is a game in which an organized minority works to undermine and decimate a disorganized majority. In the spirit of this fundamental principle of the game of werewolf, I have designed a structure which incorporates all elements of werewolf gameplay as it exists on Paradox.

This game will feature a highly structured set-up of roles and traits. Interplay and combinations of roles and traits between the player is expected. More information below.

The Roles in Eurostructure

Villager. The most important and abundant role in the game. Villagers vote every day to lynch a player they deem likely to be a baddie. Failure to do so will result in substitution or death. May form union* with any role.
Seer. The Seer can scan one player every night to determine if that player is a Werewolf. Any other role will appear as a Villager. May form union* with Priest and Villagers.
Priest. The Priest can scan one player every night to determine if that player is a Cultist or Sorcerer. Any other role will appear as a Villager. May form union* with Seer and Villagers.

Werewolf. The most important baddie role. Werewolves hunt in packs. The hunt target is chosen by a vote of all the Werewolves. If there is a tie, the hunt will be chosen at random from the tied players. All Werewolves must vote for a hunt target every time their pack hunts. Failure to do so will result in substitution or death. May form union* with Cultist and Villagers.
Cultist. Cultists are the Werewolves' partners in crime. Cultists may become attached only when they are the target of a Werewolf hunt. The Cultist will then attach to a Werewolf from that pack, giving the Werewolf the trait Master. Attached Cultists may not be killed by Werewolf hunt, instead, they are promoted to Werewolf in their pack if targeted by another pack, with their Master Werewolf being stripped of the trait Master. Once attached, a Cultist's fortunes are tied to his Master Werewolf's. If their Master Werewolf is lynched, they will die with them. Cultists can only win if attached to a Master Werewolf. May form union* with Werewolf, Sorcerer, and Villagers.
Sorcerer. The Sorcerer's mandate is to organize the baddies against the village. The Sorcerer can scan one player every night to determine if that player is a Cultist, Seer, or Priest. Any other role will appear as a Villager. May form union* with attached Cultists and Villagers.

Guardian Angel. The Guardian Angel can protect another player every night from Werewolf hunts. May not protect the same player consecutively. May form union* with Hunter, Doctor and Villagers.
Doctor. The Doctor can protect another player every night from Werewolf hunts. The Doctor will have a 50% chance to save the player, who will enter a 24 hour period of recovery during which they are unable to communicate in public or private. If the player is saved after recovery, the Doctor and the saved player will form an automatic union. May not protect the same player consecutively. May form union* with Hunter, Guardian Angel, and Villagers.
Hunter. The Hunter may target another player once in the game and kill them. If the Hunter is targeted by a Werewolf Pack, he will survive the attack and kill one of the attacking Werewolves only if the hunter has not used their one shot to kill another player. Protecting himself does not use up his one shot. If the Hunter's role becomes public knowledge he will be killed on the spot at the GM's discretion. May form union with Guardian Angel, Doctor, and Villagers.

The Traits in Eurostructure

Master is a Werewolf-unique trait. Werewolves may attain the trait Master by having an attached cultist. Master Werewolves are Brutal Leaders by nature. They will have the trait Brutal and be assigned a position in the Leader command structure.
Leader may change the lynch target once to anyone with at least half the number of votes as the original lynch target. Once the Leader exercises their Leader ability, the power passes to the Second in Command, and so forth.
Brutal is a Werewolf-unique trait. If a Brutal Werewolf is lynched, they will kill another player before dying. If no valid brutal order is in effect, the brutal target will be randomized using the list of living players.
Blessed players will survive one Werewolf attack. No player may know if they are blessed.
Cursed players will be turned into Werewolves if targeted by a pack. They will join that pack. No player may know if they are cursed.
Spiritually Attuned players may detect if they have been scanned. They will receive the name of the scanner only.
Witness trait allows players to see one Werewolf hunt take place. The chance of success for witnesses increases by 10% each night, starting at 10% on Night One.
Seerishness give the player a one time seer scan.
Priestliness give the player a one time priest scan.
Sorcery give the player a one time sorcerer scan.
Guardianship give the player a one time guardian angel power.
Hunt Crave gives the player a one time hunter power.

*The Unions in Eurostructure

Unions are a new aspect of the game, but one that will seem somewhat familiar. Players may form unions with each other to better effect change on the direction of the game.

To form a union, a player need only initiate a conversation with the GM declaring his intention to UNITE with another player to form a specific union listed below. Once all players have contacted the GM ||I.N.D.E.P.E.N.D.E.N.T.L.Y||, The GM will create a branded conversation including all interested parties.

To employ Unions, all members of the Union must Vote in the branded conversation on the course of action for the Union. Any action taken as a Union ||MUST|| be unequivocally unanimous.

There are several forms unions may take.

Justice League. The union of Seer and Priest. The Justice League may choose to forgo scanning to acquire all traits of a Band of Brothers. Doing so will disband the brothers and prevent them from reforming. The Justice League may then utilize the traits as they see fit.
InJustice League. The union of Sorcerer and at least two attached Cultists from different packs. The InJustice League has the power to destroy select unions permanently through the curse and death of a target player. The InJustice League will curse a player, whose death by lynching will destroy a goodie union. A curse must be placed at least one day before the player is lynched in order to take effect. Anybody may carry an InJustice League Curse. Unions that may be disbanded by the IJL include: Justice League, Apprenticeship, Protectors Union, Guardian Hunter, Hunter MD, & Vigilante Gang.

Protectors Union. The union of Doctor and Guardian Angel. This union allows for the protector roles to coordinate protections and grant the trait blessed to any player, but it will only take effect if that player is a Villager or Unattached Cultist. If the target has another role, their granting has no effect, but they will not know it.
Guardian Hunter. The union of Guardian Angel and Hunter. If the Hunter has not shot their wad, they may form a union with the Guardian Angel. This union allows the Guardian Angel to give their protection targets the Hunter's natural ability to protect themselves from Werewolf attacks, allowing the GA's protectee to kill an attacking Werewolf and escape.
Hunter, MD. The union of Hunter and Doctor. If the Hunter has shot his wad, this union allows the Doctor to be immediately available to treat the Hunter if the they are targeted by Werewolves.
Vigilante Gang. The union of Hunter and Villager. If the Hunter has not shot his wad, this union allows the Villager to become a Hunter if the Hunter is killed.
Cultist-Master Bond. The Union of unattached Cultist and Werewolf. This union gives the Werewolf the trait Master, and the Cultist the trait Cursed, with a twist. If an attached Cultist is hunted by an opposing pack, they will be promoted to Werewolf in their original pack. They will not switch sides once attached. The Bond will also received an added trait when formed.
Apprenticeship. The union of Seer/Priest/Sorcerer and Villager. This union acts to replace the standard apprentice role. Should a scanner who is part of an Apprenticeship die, the villager will take his place. One Apprenticeship per scanner.
Band of Brothers. The Union of Villagers & Other Roles. Villagers may form Bands of Brothers with any other players. A Band of Brothers must include at least three members, but no more than five. A Band of Brothers must include at least one Villager. The Game Master will roll a six-sided die to determine the number and intensity of traits that the Band of Brothers will receive to use as a unit. A Band of Brothers disbands if a member is killed and found to be a baddie.

Last edited:
28 Participants.

' = Living

'Aedan. "Fascinating stuff with the unions. Don't like that much of the specifics of it are kept secret, but I trust Euro to make a balanced set-up."
'Canadian
'Spockyt. "In please."
'Capt. Kiwi. "Oh go on then."
'Napster. "In please...Prepare yourself accordingly Euro."
'Ithvan. "IN!"
'Tornadoli. "I'm a bit worried about the secret aspect of some unions."
'Daffius. "I'm a sucker for new things, I can't resist trying this out."
'Ironhide.
'Jackson. "Oh boy."
'Cliges. "Euro is right."
'Dr. Livingstone.
'Gen. Skobelev. "Hunter gets pretty good synergy with union."
'Yakman, or He Who Speaketh The Truth
'Kaisersohaib.
'Yahmik.
'Comm Cody.
'Lemeard.
'Capibara.
'Chieron. "Well, this is quite a different take on the game."
'Madchemist. "This looks really cool."
'Rovsea
'Audren
'al-Aziz
'Gorganslayer
'Wagonlitz
'DeathbyWombat
'AVN

OO7~OO7~OO7~OO7~OO7

||The
||
Wolfington Post
||a Journal of Record ||

Daffius the Duckius Accuses Game Master EUROO7
A couple of questions.
More than a few answers.
I assume the same happens if the master werewolf is hunted?

You assume improperly. Every word carries meaning in Eurostructure. A lynched Werewolf is a terrible thing. It carries terrible consequence. Being killed by the competition is nothing.
I can't really see this forming. It would require both packs to hunt an unattached cultist, then after that, the sorcerer to scan both of them to form it. Chances are virtually nil.

It is meant to be no easy feat. However, the power it guarantees should be sufficient motivator for any player in these roles to rush to attempt to form this ASAP.
Can they protect themselves?
No. Every word carries meaning in Eurostructure. Another player. Another.
So even if there is an outed baddie he cannot claim to shoot. Not sure I like a goodie role that you cannot claim. Also not sure why it cannot be declared. I mean I get the unions around it, but then the baddies would declare as well... ads paranoia = good, imo.
On this, I vacillated till the very minute before posting. I would appreciate a healthy discussion on this.
What happens in case of a tie? Would both of them be saved?
The leader may change one or both lynch targets if that is the case. He's a leader, after all.
Is there any reason for them not to form immediately?
Absolutely not. If every player isn't in a Band by the first day, you're doing it wrong.
Can one player be in several bands?
I'm considering limits, but not on Bands, on other Unions. If a player wants to start a Band with every other player in the game, who am I to stop her?
Also, what's the deadline?
1500 MDT
And can we trust the GM?
Never.
Edit: The quote fuction is bugged.
Aye...
And you, sir
were a formidable opponent.
k-59 of USA
Declares WWCCII
Not a Game of Werewolf
Werewolf is a game of an informed minority and an uninformed majority...

I'm with you so far.

...each with a give set of powers trying to eliminate each-other.

Trying to eliminate each-other, sure. But "each with a given set of powers"? How is this not that? Each person in this game has a cap of powers, simply by virtue of the size of the available pool of players. What determines how many powers they utilize is their own capacity to communicate with others and be active.

It is not a game of players trying to form combination of each-other to gain additional powers.

Why not? Why have we not incentivized player interaction sooner, is my question.

Will you join to make this a better game?

Last edited:
Fascinating stuff with the unions. Don't like that much of the specifics of it are kept secret, but I trust Euro to make a balanced set-up.

In

Fascinating stuff with the unions. Don't like that much of the specifics of it are kept secret, but I trust Euro to make a balanced set-up.

Everyone is secretly a caliph.

In

A couple of questions.

Cultist. Cultists are the Werewolves' partners in crime. Cultists may become attached only when they are the target of a Werewolf hunt. The Cultist will then attach to a Werewolf from that pack, giving the Werewolf the trait Master. Once attached, a Cultist may begin to use their traits. Attached Cultists may not be killed by Werewolf hunt, instead, they are promoted to Werewolf if targeted by another pack, with their Master Werewolf being stripped of the trait Master. Once attached, a Cultist's fortunes are tied to his Master Werewolf's. If their Master Werewolf is lynched, they will die with them. Cultists can only win if attached to a Master Werewolf. May form union* with Werewolf, Sorcerer, and Villagers.

Sorcerer. The Sorcerer's mandate is to organize the baddies against the village. The Sorcerer can scan one player every night to determine if that player is a Cultist, Seer, or Priest. Any other role will appear as a Villager. In their capacity as baddie organizer, the Sorcerer may establish an InJustice League if they are in contact with at least 2 attached Cultists. The InJustice League's power grows and diminishes depending on baddie coordination. More information will be given to the InJustice League once it has been established. May form union* with attached Cultists and Villagers.

I can't really see this forming. It would require both packs to hunt an unattached cultist, then after that, the sorcerer to scan both of them to form it. Chances are virtually nil.

Guardian Angel.
The Guardian Angel can protect another player every night from Werewolf hunts. May not protect the same player consecutively. May form union* with Hunter, Doctor and Villagers.
Doctor. The Doctor can protect another player every night from Werewolf hunts. The Doctor will have a 50% chance to save the player, who will enter a 24 hour period of recovery during which they are unable to communicate in public or private. If the player is saved after recovery, the Doctor and the saved player will form an automatic union. May not protect the same player consecutively. May form union* with Hunter, Guardian Angel, and Villagers.

The Hunter may target another player once in the game and kill them. If the Hunter is targeted by a Werewolf Pack, he will survive the attack and kill one of the attacking Werewolves only if the hunter has not used their shot to kill another player, which will not use up his ability. If the Hunter publicly declares his role, or even hints at it, he will be killed on the spot at the GM's discretion. May form union* with Guardian Angel, Doctor, and Villagers.

So even if there is an outed baddie he cannot claim to shoot. Not sure I like a goodie role that you cannot claim. Also not sure why it cannot be declared. I mean I get the unions around it, but then the baddies would declare as well... ads paranoia = good, imo.

may change the lynch target once to anyone with at least half the number of votes as the original lynch target. Once the Leader exercises their Leader ability, the power passes to the Second in Command, and so forth.

Band of Brothers.
The Union of Villagers & Other Roles. Villagers may form Bands of Brothers with any other players. A Band of Brothers must include at least three members, but no more than five. A Band of Brothers must include at least one Villager. The Game Master will roll a six-sided die to determine the number and intensity of traits that the Band of Brothers will receive to use as a unit. A Band of Brothers disbands if a member is killed and found to be a baddie.

Is there any reason for them not to form immediately? Start game and start forming unions of 3 with random people. It also has the added benefit as a baddie that if you don't get the trait then you know the others are baddies too (members of other pack or cultists or sorcerer).
Also banding together and using the trait instantly is the way to go. Killing anyone from the band has no consequences then as it would be used up asap.

Also, what's the deadline? And can we trust the GM?

Daffius the Duckius Accuses Game Master EUROO7

A couple of questions.

More than a few answers.

You assume improperly. Every word carries meaning in Eurostructure. A lynched Werewolf is a terrible thing. It carries terrible consequence. Being killed by the competition is nothing.

It is meant to be no easy feat. However, the power it guarantees should be sufficient motivator for any player in these roles to rush to attempt to form this ASAP.

No. Every word carries meaning in Eurostructure. Another player. Another.

On this, I vacillated till the very minute before posting. I would appreciate a healthy discussion on this.

The leader may change one or both lynch targets if that is the case. He's a leader, after all.

Is there any reason for them not to form immediately?

Absolutely not. If every player isn't in a Band by the first day, you're doing it wrong.

I'm considering limits, but not on Bands, on other Unions. If a player wants to start a Band with every other player in the game, who am I to stop her?

Also, what's the deadline?

1500 MDT

And can we trust the GM?

Never.

Aye...
And you, sir
were a formidable opponent.

In please.

Also if there is no limit I'll be having a Band of Brothers with every possible combination of other players (who are willing to form such a thing with my humble self). Prepare yourself accordingly Euro.

In

But like aedan, I'm a bit worried about the secret aspect of some unions. Isn't the consensus here that hidden rules are a big no-no?

Some other questions I have:

Do all players need to agree to form a union? Or can I just form a band of brothers with anyone I want?

What happens if e.g. 3 baddies try to form a band of brothers? Does it just fail?

Don't these rules make it difficult to claim a role? No one can e.g. claim to be seer to an outed priest, because he can just easily confirm it by whether the GM will allow a JL union to be formed between them or not.

In

Welcome.

But like aedan, I'm a bit worried about the secret aspect of some unions. Isn't the consensus here that hidden rules are a big no-no?

The Unions in Eurostructure has been fleshed out some more since you last saw it. It will continue to change as we discuss the matter in the days that follow. The more you know about Eurostructure, the better your gameplay will be.

Some other questions I have:

Do all players need to agree to form a union? Or can I just form a band of brothers with anyone I want?

As the first post reads, all players who are interested to join a Band of Brothers with others must indicate said interest in a PM to the GM.

I will provide an example:

Say Thistletooth, AOK, and Olaus Petrus want to form a Band of Brothers.

For Olaus Petrus:

• Reach out to GM individually
  • Pose interest to join Band of Brothers with Thisletooth and AOK
  • GM creates Band of Brothers conversation including TT, AOK, & OP
  • Die is rolled to determine trait assignment
  • To use any trait, all of TT & AOK & OP would have to vote to use it
  • Success.

What happens if e.g. 3 baddies try to form a band of brothers? Does it just fail?

As the first post reads, a Band of Brothers must include at least one Villager.

Don't these rules make it difficult to claim a role? No one can e.g. claim to be seer to an outed priest, because he can just easily confirm it by whether the GM will allow a JL union to be formed between them or not.

Yes.

Last edited:
Oh boy.

In as a figment of Euro's imagination.

In

In.

I think Band of Brother should be limited so people don't spam them with everybody. That way the choice of forming one would be meaningful and require some thought, not just "spam band with everybody".

Seeing how hunter gets pretty good synergy with union I think some limitation in claiming the role should be done. Perhaps something like "hunter claim in public must be followed by shot the following night"? Otherwise it'd be too easy to claim hunter immediately and get goodie coordination and union forming rolling.

Seeing how hunter gets pretty good synergy with union I think some limitation in claiming the role should be done. Perhaps something like "hunter claim in public must be followed by shot the following night"? Otherwise it'd be too easy to claim hunter immediately and get goodie coordination and union forming rolling.

from the rules said:
If the Hunter publicly declares his role, or even hints at it, he will be killed on the spot at the GM's discretion.