• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(102667)

Major
1 Badges
May 29, 2008
  • Europa Universalis III
Chapter 1 The beginning.

304145541_89597d250e.jpg

Otto von Hapsburg sat in a comfy chair in one of the wings of Schönbrunn palace. He couldn’t believe he was back and king again. The last year had been chaotic, it seemed that either communists or fascists would take over the country but something totally different happen.. Karl Schalken had broken through the chaos and defeated both extreme sides. Any normal man would have immediately seized power but not Karl. He had immediately announced that he would reinstate Otto as the rightful king of Austria that was yesterday. There was something different about him. Otto didn’t knew what it was but he was going to fin out any minute now.

The door opened.

A normal sized men stepped through the door, he had brown-blond hair and green eyes. His most noticeable feature was a scar that ran over his left eye. He wore a suite appropriate for his relative young age. As he enter the room and saw Otto he smiled.

“Were you waiting long for me mine Kaiser”

“Mr Otto will do just fine Herr Schalken we are in closed doors.”

He closed the door and sat down on a comfy couch directly in front of Otto.

“I….. Have questions Herr Schalken” he said with a serious tone.

“I am sure you do Mr Otto it has been a crazy year here in Austria, I hope your coronation was according to your wishes yesterday”

“Karl… may I call you that?”

“By all means my king.”

“I really don’t know where to begin… How were you able to defeat the facists and communists? How did you acquire the men and material to stage the coup? But my biggest question is why? Why bring back a dethroned monarch instead of seizing power yourself?”

Karl looked at his watch.

“It is time.”

“Time, time for what? Answer me man!”

“All will be explained in 10 seconds my king if you would pleas stand up and walk to the window please.”

Otto didn’t know why but he followed the instructions and slowly walked to the window. He looked outside but there was nothing to see.

“It is not outside sir” Karl said a bit embarrassing.

“What do you mea…….?”

In the centre of the room was a bright blue vortex motionlessly spinning in a counter clockwise way. Otto was awed at the sight of the thing and for some reason began closing the curtains of the windows, then quickly returning his attention to the vortex. Karl was still sitting in his chair casually looking at the vortex. Otto tried to talk but he could not make any sound. Karl looked at his watch again.

“It is time.”

2 dark shapes began to form in the vortex slowly taking on the recognisable shape of a human and a dog. It almost seemed as if they were running. In an instant a bright flash blinded him. He quickly regained his sight and was confronted with an unbelievable sight. A kid no more than 15 years old stood in front of the vortex firing concentrated beams of light that made a buzzing sound into the vortex. The boy wore camouflage clothing with in places large burn marks. In an flash the vortex had disappeared as quickly as it had come. Leaving the boy sitting on the floor exhausted with the dog putting his paw on his knee. Karl quickly ran to the boy trying to hold him up straight.

“What happened?”

“Speak to me Alexander, what happened?”

“Caliphate forces have broken through….all destroyed….the machine is gone…I am the last”

Where does Alexander come from? What is this caliphate? And what does Karl know?
Stay tuned to the next instalment of WW2, rise of Austria.

Hello folks this will me my first attempt to make a story AAR. This will loosely be based on I game I will be playing . I will use the miraculous breakthrough event to simulate the what if of this AAR. Namely, what if a traveller from the future went back in time to infuse a country with technology.
I will leave it at that.

Updates will be at a minimum once a week but if I have a writing spree and or more time you will get more.

Also all comments and critics are welcome. Is the format good? or should I change it? Any critics are welcome.

Cheers.

You should consider using the Rise of the Austrian Empire mod. Lots of events, some new technologies, all sorts of routes for Austria to take.

Chapter 2 More questions.

Alexander was sitting in a comfterble chair. The boy clearly fought hard but the type of wounds were completely alien to Otto. Where did the boy come from? What was he doing here? He quietly even asked himself “when”is he from?

“Talk to me Alexander what happened?” Karl asked almost panicking.

Alexanders eyes were empty there was not a single emotion to be found in his eye’s. What happened to the boy? Otto thought what kind of horrors had he seen?

“Caliphate forces broke through the perimeter of the bunker, all was lost. At the last moment my father pushed me and max into the vortex. He activated the atomic pile to overload nothing could have survived.”

Karl fell into a chair gobsmacked.

“Then Austria is lost, all is lost.”

“What are you talking Karl, what is happening. Tell me man!”

Alexander swinged his face to Otto, the empty eyes looking at him, a creepy feeling was settling over him it was difficult to look the kid in the eye.

“Otto von Habsburg, I am Alexander Von Uhn, I have been send from the year 2073 to give you this.”

He pulled out a small square plate from his jacket pocket. With a motion over the plate a light activated, project a German luger and an American browning in thin air.

“That’s Impossible…..”

Alexander turned his eyes at Karl who had regained his composure after seeing the device.

“My father has packed this HI projector with blueprints simplified for you scientists to understand. My father wishes you god luck there is nothing he can do for you anymo……”

Alexander collapsed on the floor. Max was moving his paw over Alexanders body and making small howls. Otto couldn’t believe what he had just seen. What happened, he was getting mad. He wanted an answer and he wanted it quick.

“Guard!” Karl screamed.

A palace guard ran into the room with his gun in his hand.

"No you daft fool there is no enemy here."

“Get the doctor quick, this boy needs help.”

The guard was confused about the presence of the boy but he nodded and ran out of the room. Otto was now on his knees directly next to the boy. He looked at Karl.

“Karl I want answers and I want them now!”

“I will tell you anything you want to know my Kaiser, but first I got to save Alexander.”

“Why? What is so special about this boy?”

“If this boy dies it will be the end of Austria”

There was nothing more then seriousness in the mans eyes.

What has happened in Alexanders time? And why is he so special? Keep waiting for the next episode of WW2, rise of Austria.

Intruiging to say the least... Ah... the joys of time travel.

2073? My 100th birthday! :rofl:

Chapter

58_1_omerhospital1957.jpg

Otto was standing outside the new operating room in Schönbrunn palace, specially installed to give immediate medical care to any high ranking official working in the palace. And now for Alexander. Doctor Steinbrink was conducting surgery on the boy, cleaning up his wounds and removing some shrapnel. The dog he heard Karl call Max was sitting motionless next to him staring silently through the glass. A loyal dog he thought. Karl was standing next to him staring through the glass at the operation.

“I think its time for you to answer my questions Karl” Otto said quietly.

“I agree” he said without moving his sight from the operation.

They didn’t speak for 2 minutes.

“The boy is indeed form the future mein Kaiser….”

“Surely you cant believe that outrageous claim from a clearly traumatised youth! There must be another explanation.”

Karl sighed.

“I think its time for little glimpse of the future.”

He pulled out the plate Alexander had with him out of his pocket and moved across its surface with a finger motion. An image of a total cratered wasteland was projected in colour.

“Coloured images? Now I have seen it all.” Otto said sarcastically.

“Do you recognise this place mein Kaiser” Karl said with a serious voice.

“Well I suppose it must be a scene somewhere on the western front during the great war.”

“You are wrong Kaiser… what you see here is the centre of Vienna in the year 2072.”

“What how can this be? How could the city simply vanish?”

Karl sat down in a chair placed next to the operation window, Otto followed suit.

“People have called it the second coming of Mohammed.”

“Mohammed, you mean the prophet of the Muslims?”

“Yes, in the year 2032 a man by the name of Mohammed al Hamza will be born in Bagdad. He becomes the second prophet of Islam and unites every Islamic country under the banner of Islam, creating a Caliphate superpower like has never been seen before. Soon war broke out beginning the 3e world war”

“The 3e world war, you mean there will be a second?” he said concerned.

“All to soon.” He said with a grim smile on his lips.

A third world war? And an Islamic caliphate. What will happen next?
Be patient for the next chapter of WW2, Rise of Austria.

Sorry for the late update but I am back now so have fun.

ok....THIS time I'm getting in on the ground floor of a full blown narrative. I'm hoping this will offset my ADD (kidding). Looks really interesting. Good luck!

Ok, Vienna obliterated? That cannot be. War against the Jihad! :D (Me, making friends here)

Well done chapter, indeed.