• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nick3210

Captain
1 Badges
Aug 7, 2013
  • Darkest Hour
International DH-multiplayer Discord:
https://discord.gg/sP7rHmg
Join us! :)

########################################################################

Achtung! Achtung!
Players for 4 vs 4 (5vs5) multiplayer game need!
Хватит др_чить сингл, го к нам играть мультиплеер!

At this moment we have 6 players ready to play. We need to find 2-4 players more.

Serious multiplayer for serious gamers: team discipline, team strategy, multiplayer game rules, no anarchy!

Non-stressed timetable: 1 time per week, 19.00-23.00 GMT

Special Multiplayer Mod with good multiplayer balance, based on 10-years of Hoi-2 multiplayer experience.

Join us! We need more skilled players for our MP-Games!

Last edited:
Everyrhing OK for our game community
For today we playing 5 VS 4
5 AXIS VS 4 ALLIES
we are now on the edge of WW2 - today it is July 1939 and next session Axis will commence attack on poland
Soviet Union ready to attack AI finland as well

upload_2019-5-9_0-13-46.png

upload_2019-5-9_0-20-27.png

Looks good. I'm still curious about this idea. I have my differences with Nick on my personal preferences, but I'm all in favor of MP darkest hour; the more the merrier. I'm intrigued now to do my own AAR of our game.

1 september 1939
26536057.jpg

Warsaw fell on September 6
September 9 Poland annexed

26536123.jpg

11 October, the Final Save

26536153.jpg

Three high skilled old veterans with 10-years Hoi-2 Multiplayer experience played as Axis, against three guys with... 'different' Multiplayer experience :D

P.S.
To be honest, it's my and only my fault as modmaker.
I made historical date of conclusion of the defensive Alliance between Britain and Poland on August 25, 1939.
Poles didn't manage to reach in 5 days from their borders to Warsaw and to dig in :(
It was really too few time to prepare Poland's divisions to War.

Next time I will fix the Poland's AI and it will keep 80% of its divisions in Warsaw on August 25.
Forgive me, Allies!!! :D

Last edited:
Our game is frozen due to lack of stable/disciplined players on the Axis.
We have 4 players on the Allies and only 2 players on the Axis.

Looking for 1-2 skilled players to the English-speaking Axis to continue the game.

The most interesting is beginning - the latest save is October 1939.
Join our game!

Our Discord:
https://discord.gg/XzA75eY

Last edited:
In our game Poland fell in 6 days and there was no 'Strange war'.
German invasion to the Benelux in september 1939 (russian-speaking Allies video):

I still hope that our english-speaking Axis will also make video of their playing in next sessions.

P.S.
And do not be strict to the player as UK, he is a beginner in HOI-2! :D
But under our leadership he successfully progresses, from game to game.
Thank him for recording this video! :)

Last edited:
In our second wartime-session we had a nice game, full of a lot of noobing and epic fails :D
Our last MP-game was 2 years ago, on DH-Light multiplayer Mod. We had to wait two long years of upgrading our Mod to DH-Full basis that would again plunge into the old-good atmosphere of Hoi-2 multiplayer. Finally it happened!
It seems that many of us have forgotten how to play Hoi-2 for these 2 years without practice :D
But in any case, I hope everybody received great pleasure from the first months of the war, even Me - playing as the not-in-war USSR I had a lot of fun listening to fighting reports from the France and trying to help them with my advice - both useful and failed :D
There were a lot of fights on land, water and air and therefore we played at very slow speed and played only one month. Our final Save is 15 November 1939. As usual , after the surrender of France speed will be faster.

#####################################################################################################

Short summary:

3 British infantry divisions were unable to evacuate from Dunkirk and were destroyed by fast German tanks.

German tanks (1 Tank + 2 Moto) were too carried away, lost the organization and were destroyed by the retreating (!) French (!) troops in Poitiers province :D

There was a lot of sea battles now both sides have to be repaired during 1-2 month.
Germany lost 2 light cruisers, Britain lost 4 destroyers, 1 light cruiser and 1 transport
50 German's submarines are badly damaged and in need of repair. But unfortunately none of them was sunk.

German bombers were caught by the Hurricanes and also need a long repair

Vichy event did not happened due to rehost. It will happen immediately from the beginning of the next session

#######################################################################################################

We still need 1-2 players more! Join our Games! :)

26756581.jpg

#######################################################################################################

P.S.

F**king vanilla DH-Full Map!!!
This is our first (!) game on the DH-Full Map in our life! (All previous 38 big MP games our community played on Hoi-2 and DH-Light)

We did not even suspect that the Amsterdam province is not connected with that sea province which the Beach and Port, but it is incorrectly connected with the neighboring one!!! :mad:

This resulted in a completely unplanned epic sea battles which neither side wanted. Now the fleets of Britain and the Axis are damaged and forced to be repaired several month, and all it because of one little but stupid mistake on the vanilla map. In the next version of the Mod I will be sure to change the Amsterdam's sea-province to realysm - it should be the 'Scheld Estyary'! Who knows how many more wonderful discoveries prepared for us this vanilla DH-Full Map - the Map, full of epic bugs and mistakes... :D

let me remind you, if you didn't know, at least I fixed all map errors in the land provinces from The English channel to the Ural Mountains.
It was really tonns of mistakes, each second province was fixed. Now this war theater is made very perfectly - all provinces have absolutely realistic distances between them, connections/disconnections, terrain type and infrastructure. But there is still a lot of work to be done to fix millions other mistakes of original DH-Full Map. It is really sad that for previous 6 (!) years of this game nobody has yet done this work..

Last edited:
The 3-rd war-session was full of Allies fails.
Unfortunately two our 'noobs with big multiplayer experience' are unable to withstand to the two skilled veterans on the Axis. :D
But we do not have other seating variants, we really do not have enough experienced veterans for the Allies (((

Gibraltar is lost as well as the advance mobile units of the Axis landed in Libya and launched an offensive on Alexandria.
The session ended when Manstein overtaken and destroyed 12 British divisions, including 3 Marines. German soldiers have already nicknamed him for this great success - the 'Desert Fox' :D

26940965.jpg

The Royal Navy continues to block combined Axis fleet in the Baltic.
Since the direction of the breakthrough from Baltics to Gibraltar is unknown (the North sea or The English channel or both of them), Britain is forced to block both ways and use almost all of its fleet.

26941240.jpg

The axis fleet has 60 (i.e. x3=180) submarines and two super-powerful battleships, which are currently the strongest in the world - Littorio and Vittorio Veneto with 30 SeaAttack and 135 HitPoints each.
Not being able to build own radars, Duce made the right decision - he gave his entire fleet under control of the German comrades which equipped all Axis's warships with the most advanced radars.
The British were greedy and decided to save on radars, which will undoubtedly have negative consequences in night battles.

The main goal of Britain - to prevent the breakthrough of Axis fleets from the Baltic sea.
If that happens, Britain will have to split their fleet into 2 parts and the Axis will be able to beat the Royal Navy in parts.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Despite the unusually rapid capture of Europe and the expected imminent capture of Suez by Axis, the game has not yet been decided.

Axis has very few tanks and no longer has time to build enough of them to Barbarossa.
If the allies will no longer lose their divisions and will be able to gain a foothold in India (by the way, India in our game is 100% realistic and it is a part of British Empire and therefore India supplied by sea-convoys that can be drowned!) in the 41st year they have a chance to go to the counterattack.

Soviet Union in our game is controlled by skilled veteran and in may-1941 he will have 100500 millions of KV-2 tanks, that should be an unpleasant surprise for these presumptuous Nazis! :D

Also we had changed our platform from GameRanger to Radmin.
All previous our 38 MP-games we played by Direct IP and now it was our first test of GR.
What I can to say - GameRanger is shit, full of desynchronizations and rehosts!
Now we will play by Radmin and never else by GR.

Last edited:
as I am one of those noob players(Germany), I'd like to comment. Well.. the only thing in which Allies succeeded so far is keeping Axis fleet at bay. But, what is the purpose of keeping axis fleet at bay I ask? :) The answer: To deny Axis freedom and speed of movement using sea lines. And? Did they do it? Answer: NO! :))) Up to this moment, Axis had complete freedom of movement across Mediterranean Sea with remaining Spanish and Italian transport fleet. Why? because entire British fleet is busy blocking Germans in the Baltic lol. Well done, mission accomplished. Couple of British destroyers and light cruisers can not deal enough damage to lock down Axis transport sea lines. Furthermore, right after Vichy event Allies instead of concentrating on protecting Gibraltar and Suez Allies went on offensive trying to make their way into Baltic without much success, than they landed in south France, spent some time on the beaches and left without much success, and now 24 divisions sitting in Bergen lol. Trying to defend Norway. Who cares about Norway invasion? - Nobody. Because same time as they are sitting in Bergen they lost control to Gibraltar, they let Germans move about 30 mobile German divisions across Mediterranean to Lybia with support of some Italian and Spanish infantry and now Axis going to steamroll all the way to Suez. 60 Allies infantry division many of which are obsolete 21 inf or even Militia and scattered from Tel Aviv to Alexandria are insufficient to defend against upcoming German onslaught. Mind it's only 2nd of February 1940. With Suez in Axis hands before end of the month the whole year ahead of us to beat Allies where we want and how we want.
Well done :) keep blocking Kriegsmarine in the Baltic.

Last edited:
The Allies finally failed in Suez and lost another 50 divisions.
What a shame! :mad: Noobs!
After such heavy casualties, further resistance became meaningless and Allies capitulated.

OK. Next time we need to find more experienced MP-player for UK.
Now we take a break and will try to organize the next game in the autumn.

Join our Discord!
https://discord.gg/sP7rHmg

27124178.jpg

British infantry too slow. Had no chance to avoid encirclment in Africa. No one tank division for GB. Sorry it has one.

Here it is.
765.png

It was the BEST ARMY EVER.

Sorry! But this MOD is too REALISTIC!!!
IT IS ULTIMATE REAL.

In case Fuhrer in reality send so many divs in Africa may be GB had been parished, as it happend in this game. dont know.

But I am really not guilty that someone have forgotten to study armored division technology in time :D

Last edited:
Join international DH-Multiplayer Discord!
https://discord.gg/XzA75eY

Today is the Great Day!
Topic with my Multiplayer Realism Mod for Darkest Hour was banned on Paradoxplaza.

Too many illegal realism and historicity, which violates the forum Rules.

I respect the forum Rules, therefore I will create a new topic for my Mod, later, where will be nothing illegal and forbidden - no illegal images, no illegal jokes, no illegal realism and historicity, no links to download my Mod. Nothing illegal.

Also I apologize that unknown person who was insulted by my hard humor as well as my striving to bring more historicity and realism in Hoi.
Thank you so much for your complaint to the administration of the forum, you and people like you really making this world a better place!

Please, write, I want to know very much, what specifically was offended You in my Mod?

Last edited:
Dont know who was that person. But for me personaly it is insult that in you so called "historical" mod USSR controlled Poland army in sept 39
Its offends me greatly

I just hoped you could DO IT better than Polish AI ;)
If you are so noob, that Polish AI plays better you - cancel this control, it's easy :D

Last edited:
Forgive me but if how you game is to pass Italian BBs to Germany just because you can ... that's just silly lol.

No problem. In case you are so clever and not silly boy - you may NOT to transfere Italian BBs to Ger.
Anyway - It is an issue for this mod appeared from the balance of its REALISM and need of playing Multiplayer game. As you are able to see - in the name of the mod word Multiplayer located BEFORE word REALISM. It is little hint for everyone. So it is caused by mode realism itself. There is few options following from:
1. totally nerfing Great Britain Fleet for better sea battle gameplay - GB fleet will be un-historical then
2. totally boost GER fleet - GER fleet will be un-historical then
3. doing nothing with REAL GB fleet - then GER will sucks as it was in reality
If you think that it will be very interesting for someone playin ALWAYS REAL history - with GER defeated everytime - then lol of you... )
4. Give a possibility to tranfer ships between fleets. It is optional. You can not to use these option if you are TOP TRUE History lover then everyone are. And be histirically defeated as a result.

Moreover, Fleets stats, names, models of the ships, years of building - it is Mod creators "thing of proudness". He had count every parametr of the armor thickness and combined shots power - transfering this parametrs in the unperfect and limited DH battle system.

All of it is so TRUE Realistic that no one can debate. But it very easy to speak out about gameplay hint with fleet transferring - which you may use for your wish, and may not.
Good luck men

Last edited:
Forgive me but if how you game is to pass Italian BBs to Germany just because you can ... that's just silly lol.
Yes! I absolutely agree with you!
The player on Germany did not played in this aspect as high skilled professional :D
I wouldn't give Italian battleships to Germany on his place!
I would, on the contrary, give German battleships to Italy :D
He's noob, yes! :D
#################################################################################

The ability to transfer ships between countries is just a way to improve ruling of EuroAxis fleets.
It is much more convenient and easier to rule one large stack of battleships of one country than two smaller stacks of battleships of different countries - Germany and Italy.
(in your head you can imagine that all ships carry the flag of their country and belong to their countries... they JUST WORK together in the same squadron/flotilla/fleet)
If the game had the technical ability to combine warships of allied countries into one stack, we would never need to use this feature with the transfer of warships. This all is caused only by imperfection of DH-mechanic.

It needs for reason, that players on Britain (where all ships are British and conveniently controlled) would not have advantages in controlling, in relation to the Axis-players, who forced to manipulate battleships in two different BB-stacks - Italy and Germany.
It is a little boost of EuroAxis in multiplayer, yes. It improves multiplayer balance. And also it makes multiplayer game more interesting and creative!

And of course no one is forced to transfer ships, it's optional.
In addition, we have strict rules limiting the transfer of ships, which prevent any possible imbalance and absurd.
(for example, forbidden all warships transfers between sea-majors: UK-USA or Japan-EuroAxis or from USSR to UK)

Last edited: