WW CXXXVI- DOOM OF THE WEREYAK 7: THEY WiLL NEVER KNOW IT'S CHRISTMAS, 1984

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If I knew I still had the trait, I would have tried to make myself a better target for a hunt, but as far as I knew I could have been hunted once already...
i figured you would have tried to act more wolfish, thus setting yourself up for a scan from the seer.

anyhoo, i would like to hear from the villains about the limited scans and how they felt about having less information. i don't think it changed too much from an ordinary game... but i'd still like to hear an opinion or two.

oh! I remember why I didn't send all of Eternaly_Lost a PM with his ID...

I added him AFTER because I hadn't noticed that he'd signed on. I assigned him a role that I thought would be good, but only PM'ed him for whatever reason.

When I've used the sorcerer before, they've been included in the initial Pack Email, which makes a lot more sense.

Something I was wrestling with was the Cultists because of the horrifying impact that cultists winning regardless of pack affiliation had on my last game.

the last game we ran, the cultists turned into wolves when all their wolves died, but I don't think that's a good way to do things - it's late game and the seer might well be dead and now guys who were cleared by the seer are now wolves, while they might be targeted by the priest late game and now are invisible... it didn't seem like it made a ton of sense.

my solution was crude and probably bad, which was that cultists maintain their affiliation no matter what occurs, but still kind of counted for parity for a surviving pack if all their own wolves die...

i dunno what to do. I had hoped with my last game that having wolves need to rely on cultists for scanning but being scared of them for stabbing their pack in the back would create intra-pack tension... which it did but in a disastrous, but easily foreseen way. this game, i wanted to prevent that...

thoughts?

i figured you would have tried to act more wolfish, thus setting yourself up for a scan from the seer.

anyhoo, i would like to hear from the villains about the limited scans and how they felt about having less information. i don't think it changed too much from an ordinary game... but i'd still like to hear an opinion or two.

Why give the Seer extra trouble? I'd rather have him scan potential wolves, and get the other villagers more organized. Plus, I didn't have much time to run a JL.

Still, I gave you the opportunity to be bold!

thoughts?
I think the cultists were done well this game. I had no problem in trusting my cultist, however since my pack didn't want anyone to know their names, I kept their names out of all PM's. I always let packmates choose themselves who will know their name. I do not give out their names unless they are okay with it even if I think it an unnecessary precaution. I was laughing hard when I heard this allmost killed Cymsdale :D

Having the cultists have two scans gives the baddies more chance to set up a false JL which is always great in my book, so I was happy with the cultist role as used in this game.

And this how WW dies. Not even a light game - and do not give me this Xmas excuse. Xmas means you are home, and have internet and need to play WW. We need a 60+ player game. Told you we should have never moved off OT forum. And why is Hax no longer playing? And what about people who are actively posting on OT but do not play this game, is this even legal?

And this how WW dies. Not even a light game - and do not give me this Xmas excuse. Xmas means you are home, and have internet and need to play WW. We need a 60+ player game. Told you we should have never moved off OT forum. And why is Hax no longer playing? And what about people who are actively posting on OT but do not play this game, is this even legal?

so GM something, when was the last time you GMed Split?

so GM something, when was the last time you GMed Split?

Isn't Olaus supposed to come back? One of us must have beat his record by now.

i didn't save the PM, but Randakar was working with Davisx3m, and I think on night 3 he basically called out 4 guys that he thought were evil... and they all were.

i was rather impressed.

After I told Cymsdale that Euro was a scanned wolf and ordered him to switch his vote, there were a lot of signs that Cymsdale was evil. Starting with the fact that suddenly a lot of people jumped right on top of Euro for no apparent reason.
From that I surmised that *if* my hypothesis regarding cymsdale was correct we had a rather neat suspect list to gun for ..
(That being said, people jumping on Euro for no apparent reason that early in the game, especially if they are veterans, is already a sign of evilness imho .. :p)

AVN and Cymsdale were both involved in Randakar's little wannabe JL. After AVN did both his outings, he got protected by BOTH doctors that night, giving us both those names.

Uh, according to the rules AVN could not have gotten those names *until the next day*. After his death, in other words.

We then later heard that Randakar had ordered Davis protected by the doctors.

So we knew he was probably important but not necessarily the Seer.

That was a tad of a gamble. AVN was looking pretty damn dodgy at that point, him being a cultist made a lot of sense, so I took a risk on Xarkan because of his behaviour in the thread.
Especially since a sorcerer was sitting on Davis the night before I felt it could not terribly hurt anymore. There was a good chance the wolves had pinged Davis because of his vote on Euro already, and I felt the chance of hooking him up with a doctor was more important than risking outing him even further.

Yeah, I was scared and paranoid beyond measure at that point. I panicked. :p

I scanned both you and the_hdk. I received Gigau's name from randakar, who also told me that Cymsdale was suspicious in his eyes (I don't understand then why randakar told Cymsdale that Davis had an important role).

I didn't.
Cymsdale gave me Xarkan, claiming Xarkan contacted Cymsdale out of the blue as the doctor who saved you that night.
I didn't trust Cymsdale. But Xarkan was another matter. Especially given that *any sensible seer* would have scanned Cymsdale ASAP.

Really, my main pitfall is just being too damn impulsive sometimes..

BTW I didn't know if Gigau and Cymsdale were packmates. I only knew Slinky.
Furthermore I received both names of the docs when I was saved (IMO not according the rules. They should have been given when/if I woke up).

Overall a very boring game for me and because it's nowadays very common for packs to neglect their cultists (BTW IMO a bad strategy) I have decided to skip all WW games in which the cultist doesn't get the names of all packmembers of the GM at the start of the game.

Good idea ;-)

After I told Cymsdale that Euro was a scanned wolf and ordered him to switch his vote, there were a lot of signs that Cymsdale was evil. Starting with the fact that suddenly a lot of people jumped right on top of Euro for no apparent reason.
From that I surmised that *if* my hypothesis regarding cymsdale was correct we had a rather neat suspect list to gun for ..
(That being said, people jumping on Euro for no apparent reason that early in the game, especially if they are veterans, is already a sign of evilness imho .. :p)
Do note, that everyone jumping on EUROO7 was completely accidental and not done by our pack ;)

Convoy PQ17 to Murmansk​

The 17th Arctic Convoy is being assembled in Hvalfjord, Iceland. This will be a perilous journey and attacks by German Wolf-packs, The Luftwaffe and surface ships can be expected.

If you are lucky, you might even get a glimpse of the Tirpitz!

Should you end up in the water, you can expect to survive for less than 3 minutes so the recommendation is not to do so.

Are you up for the challenge of PQ17?

Are you brave enough to endure the hardship of The Arctic Convoys?

The Convoy Sails at 20.00 GMT Thursday 10th of January

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?656488-WW-CXXXVII-–-Convoy-PQ17-to-Murmansk