WW CXXXII: Doom of the WereYak 6: The Khenzimana Pass, 1959

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What about the no hunt nights?
only the first one, where they picked of Najs was legit.

the others: I DID NOT RECEIVE HUNT ORDERS FROM THE PACKS.

[video=youtube;8lL7PEKUxPA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lL7PEKUxPA[/video]

I did not put AVN and Nautilu in contact with my wolves because I did not trust AVN and Nautilu. In the end, my caution was not unwarranted. AVN single-handedly won this game for the goodies.

a few notes:

a) This game was a disaster. Unquestionably a complete and total disaster. Started off really good, and then AVN decided to ruin it by outing everyone for no reason.
b) I wanted to give the evil powers to the non-Yaks. Cultists tend to get used as meat shields, which sucks for them, because all they can contribute are their votes. What I did was give the powers to the evil humans, which actually made them the leaders of the packs, given the fact that it was highly experienced players with those roles and unexperienced Yaks (beyond Racz and the briefly turned Najs).
c) What I wanted to do was have two very strong packs that would go after each other and then leave a hardened village to try to snatch up the win over whichever pack got the win. The game actually was going in this direction when AVN started up.
d) Not getting hunt orders sucked.

The original packs were:
THE HORNS OF ENTROPY

Reis91
Comm Cody
King Hannibal
Cultist: AVN
Sorcerer: Nautilu

THE HOOVES OF MADNESS

Xaldin31
Hashoosh
Raczynski
Cultist: EUROO7
Sorcerer: Falc

a few notes:

a) This game was a disaster. Unquestionably a complete and total disaster. Started off really good, and then AVN decided to ruin it by outing everyone for no reason.
b) I wanted to give the evil powers to the non-Yaks. Cultists tend to get used as meat shields, which sucks for them, because all they can contribute are their votes. What I did was give the powers to the evil humans, which actually made them the leaders of the packs, given the fact that it was highly experienced players with those roles and unexperienced Yaks (beyond Racz and the briefly turned Najs).
c) What I wanted to do was have two very strong packs that would go after each other and then leave a hardened village to try to snatch up the win over whichever pack got the win. The game actually was going in this direction when AVN started up.
d) Not getting hunt orders sucked.

The original packs were:
THE HORNS OF ENTROPY

Reis91
Comm Cody
King Hannibal
Cultist: AVN
Sorcerer: Nautilu

THE HOOVES OF MADNESS

Xaldin31
Hashoosh
Raczynski
Cultist: EUROO7
Sorcerer: Falc

It looks like a decent set-up to me.

And I think you are over-stating AVN's role in the Yak demise. He outed King Hannibal and Euro. The seer did a few on his own (Racz, Hashoosh, Xaldin), as well as the Yaks hunting themselves.

Seriously, the three missed nights of hunting hurt them. A cursed here, a seer there, and it could have gone the other way.

I would like to say that I was clarivoyant. However, my trait disappeared after I used it. Sorry the_arch_mede, but I thought I was surely going to get lynched and I was not in contact with any goodies. I figured gaining some credibility was better than anything else.

And this is my 5th win in a row.......but it wasn't really a game by the middle of it.

Most one-sided game ever? If the seer pinged Racz, how did it get from him to me? Was Randy his contact at the time?
well, EUROO7 scanned randakar on the first or second night. AVN scanned Euroo on the first night, and racz on the second.

so, the fix was in early on, with AVN betraying his pack super early.

euroo's plan, it seems to me, was to use randakar to do his pack's hunting, which was something I hadn't thought of, but makes a lot of sense - a wolf pack can threaten to out, or just plain old hunt, the assassin if they identify him, and he can't do so much to them except out the cultist. then they'll tell the assassin who they are hunting, and who they really want to die... the assassin takes all the risk of the kill - witnesses, shots of whiskey, etc.

randakar and i were pming a bit about the role. I really like it, but the victory conditions should be changed, and he should be less scannable.

Most one-sided game ever? If the seer pinged Racz, how did it get from him to me? Was Randy his contact at the time?

The Seer didn't ping Racz. Racz was ruthlessly outed by Randakar to you in order to establish a JL around him which he could manipulate. Randy and I were supposed to be working together, and I gave him the name of my wolf master (Racz) in order to establish trust. I never would have dreamt he'd out him (For which I had him murdered) when King Hannibal (the last remaining wolf of the other pack) was available . AVN and Nautilu were supposed to swear loyalty to our pack after King Hannibal's death, but that got messed up when he just wouldn't die, and I wasn't going to make the mistake of giving out any more names until I was certain they would be safe.

EDIT: King Hannibal's death was supposed to be a quite one precisely because we did not want anyone's fingerprints on it. When AVN outed him out of I don't know what (stupidity), it became clear there was an ulterior motive to his actions, which led to him being voted on, which led to him outing me, which led to, which led to...

b) unexperienced Yaks
ARE YOU CALLING ME UNEXPERIENCED O:
how dare you sir, how dare you.
gg guys, i will answer questions, now the first, bakery, i didnt hunt you because i was trying to hunt a seer, and then a cursed.
and for the missed night, i dont think my pack missed one, or only one, and if so it was because of miscommunication.

Clearly only happened because I was a goodie. And I feel robbed of an easy victory. :sleep:

Heartless advertising:

HallofMirrors.jpg

WW CXXXIII: Death at the Diplomats' Ball!​

Was that Day1 save a complete fluke? Or did snoop actually know he was stopping Euro tie an opposition Yak with the seer, which would have had to have been about the most glorious Day1 Tie a baddie could have made.

i am going to de-power the cultists for the next game - give them a limited number of clairvoyant scans rather than the over-powered scan they have now.

thoughts?

Well, it was three things:

a) I didn't get hunt orders ON THREE NIGHTS.
b) The Yaks played really, really badly

I didn't know that the other pack also didn't hunt on two nights, but I agree that the Yaks played terrible badly.
Not only did they forget to hunt, but they also didn't communicate with the other members of their pack.
At least not in my own pack, but I have reasons now to believe that was also the case in the other pack.

And if the yaks refuse to communicate there is no chance of winning the game.

My first surprise in this game was to discover that we had hunted a cursed villager when he died the following day.
No yak had told me that and to be honest that annoyed me.

We were in bad shape then and the only wolf left in our pack, king hannibal, didn't participate in the game.
It was impossible to send him a PM, he didn't vote a few times and he didn't hunt.

I guess that was the reason that Nautilu sold him out to the other pack.
I can't blame him for that, because (after king hannibal's death) we would join the hopefully better playing other pack.
I was in touch with EUROO7, but it was difficult.
I received some scan results after a number of days, but after I saved his life on Saturday, by changing the tie just for the deathline, he didn't want to share his scanresults anymore.
Furthermore they didn't hunt king hannibal on the night they should have done that. And he (EURO) didn't give any explanation.

Therefore I felt obliged to out king hannibal. He was a burden for our pack and we needed to get rid of him.
The outing went well but unfortunately Comm Cody violated the ghost rules with this statement :

I thought Diplomacy had backstabbing. Then I played Werewolf.

This simply implied that I had indeed outed a packmate. And it certified my death.

Because I had the serious feeling that EUROO7 was playing games with me too. (he didn't send me his scan results anymore after I saved him, king hannibal wasn't hunted when we agreed that he would be hunted, etc) I decided to out him too.

Maybe wrong of me to do that, however I'm sure that if Comm Cody wouldn't have violated the ghost rules I would have survived temporarily and wouldn't have outed EUROO7, but still lost the game.
His yaks played just as bad as the yaks in my own pack.

c) AVN RUINED THE GAME FOR AN UNEXPLAINED REASON

No, Comm Cody did.
Just my 2 cents.

Edit : Nevermind, forgot Comm Cody was dead the previous day. Nevertheless, King Hannibal's death would be enough to get you lynched, though.

AVN said:
And if the yaks refuse to communicate there is no chance of winning the game.

Wrong. Exactly what we are to blame was for sending you further information about the pack, namely the names of the other pack members. We should have kept you completely in the dark, and make sure that you figured that ANYTHING happening to your wolf contact would mean you would be a dead cultist. That would be our best chance to win the game.

Alas, someone (can't recall if it was Comm Cody) sent you a PM CC'ing all of the pack. From that moment onwards, and after you made the mistake of telling us you scanned Euro as a cultist, your course of action was entirely clear. I believed you were behind Snoopdogg's leaderlynch, as a perfect way to gain cred and at the same time get rid of someone who would make sure to get you killed for betrayal, but apparently it was just Snoop being a f***er, for a change.

I hoped that my pack would figure out that it was very strange for someone to leaderlynch someone on the first day (and it happened somewhat recently, with terrible results village-wise) and immediately hit a wolf, after AVN was CC'ed the pack and after he told the pack that he scanned the cultist of the opposing pack. At last, King Hannibal eventually saw the obvious, and made sure to screw AVN (I do not understand why did he not also out Euro, knowing he was a cultist of the other pack... maybe hoping for a sellout too?

I do not blame AVN entirely, though, although he did not play well, even for his own plan. I blame the rules that created untrustworthy scum to be kept as ignorant as possible by the packmembers, and gave them means to change factions voluntarily.

AVN, I disagree. Comm Cody was not assuredly dead at that point, so I don't see how is that a violation of ghost rules when it is posted before the update, unless the GM states otherwise.

I don't blame king hannibal for violating the ghost rules, but I blame Comm Cody who was already dead for several days.