• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Day 2/Night 2
Day 2
Even with the early victories, the galactic community still struggled with which direction to take their military campaign. A number of potential new candidates surfaced, but the Empiants shocked the galactic senate when they came forward with new information. They claimed to know of a fallen empire working with the invaders to destroy the new galactic community. They threw the blame at the Irish Junction and their leader M-99 or Marty. The rest of the galactic community agreed that psionic robots were a little silly and after a short and successful invasion their territory was claimed as a new home for the Blorg.

Marty the SSA sorcerer with a rival was lynched

Night 2
The Randy Dutch League was a group of skilled diplomats and politicians. Unfortunately for them, their navy was a little lacking. They also had neglected to explore a natural wormhole sitting in the center of the space, assuming that it surely wouldn't lead anywhere dangerous. Unfortunately for them, it did lead to a system that the invaders had claimed and they decided to explore the wormhole themselves. The Randy Dutch League was completely unprepared for a massive fleet to appear in the center of their empire and they quickly became refugees searching for homes in other empires.

Randakar the plotter alderman villager was hunted

Last edited:
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Who the heck set randy as a hunt? Yeah, he's an obvious villager, but that's a terrible hunt on multiple grounds.
I'm wondering that too.

Who the heck set randy as a hunt? Yeah, he's an obvious villager, but that's a terrible hunt on multiple grounds.
Boooo!
Who, indeed....

• 1Like
Reactions:
The less people the village can clear tends to help the wolves. Sowing doubt is good (for the wolves), at least in my opinion.

That being said, I don't know if randomizing standing hunt orders are still at thing, so it could've just been left over from that.

The less people the village can clear tends to help the wolves. Sowing doubt is good (for the wolves), at least in my opinion.

That being said, I don't know if randomizing standing hunt orders are still at thing, so it could've just been left over from that.
Sure in general likely villagers is good, but at this stage better to aim for important goodies. With his conspicuous and early use of alderman, Randy was pretty obviously not an important goodie, and so should not have been a priority hunt target. A standing order is a possible explanation, but also not a good move by the pack in question I'd say.

Day 1
ramius3443: 10
johho888 [
241]
Chieron [
251]
Wagonlitz [
274]
Randakar [team wombat 245 > yakman 282/311 > 317]
Randakar [team wombat 245 > yakman 282/311 > 317]
Caillean [273 Ironhide >
356]
Dedonus [alxeu 249 > ironhide g1 279 >
283 Culann > 358]*
Team Wombat [242 Culann >
368]**
Avernite [marty99 237 > 330 Wagonlitz >
371]
EnvyDemon [witch agatha 254 > alxeu 289 > 341 Wagon > PM VOTE]

Wagonlitz: 5
De chat [275]

Yakman [culann 277 > 321]
Ramius3443 [culann 258 > 323]
madchemist [ironhide g1 253 > 325]

Culann [ramius 257 > yakman 318 > 331]

Yakman: 5
Aedan [
247]
Arkasas [
260]
marty99 [261]
Emperor Ike [
278]
CaptainGrimlock [the_hdk 246 > 259 Culann > 351]

Culann: 2
the_hdk [MAWofDoom 269 >
292]
Yvanoff [witch agatha 243 >
ramius 285 > Dedonus 301 > yakman 307 > 309]

Avernite: 2
Ironhide G1 [250]
Ironhide G1 [250]

Witch Agatha: 2
Sleepyhead 2.0 [271]
Alxeu [281]

Aedan: 2
Beartjah [244]
The Elcor/Yakman 2.0 [293]

Ironhide G1: 1
R.graymarch [272]

EnvyDemon: 1
Witch Agatha [252]

Randakar: 1
MAWofDoom [263]

Not Voted: 0 :)
*Dedonus tried to unvote Wagon and vote Culann, then unvote Culann and vote Ramius, but he was already voting Ramius
**Team wombat tried to unvote Wagon but he was voting Culann, but as per the rules I allow that

Day 2
avernite: 5
Aedan [430]
beartjah [434]
caillean [493]
emperor ike [yvanoff 455 > 495]
Dedonus [519]

the_hdk: 5
MAWofDoom [422]
alxeu [453]
marty99 [de chat 458 > 460]
EnvyDemon [514]
R.Graymarch [518]

Marty99: 4
Avernite [400]
the_hdk [426]
Chieron [511]
yvanoff [madchemist 463 > Avernite 508 > unvote 510 > 521]

emperor ike: 3
sleepyhead 2.0 [443]
madchemist [467]
de chat [the_hdk 516 > marty99 517 > 520]

de chat: 2
randakar [Ike 433 -> 524]
randakar [Ike 433 -> 524]

Madchemist: 1
Wagonlitz [391]

johho: 1
team wombat [497]

yvanoff: 1
Yakman 2.0 [envy demon 406 > 503]

alxeu: 1
johho [ike 482 > beartjah 506 >515]

EnvyDemon: 0

beartjah: 0

Not Voted: 3
Arkasas
Witch Agatha
Ironhide G1 (x2)

Marty99: 18
Avernite [400]
the_hdk [426]
Chieron [511]
yvanoff [madchemist 463 > Avernite 508 > unvote 510 > 521]
Arkasas[539]
beartjah [434 avernite > 541]
caillean [493 avernite > 542]

randakar [433 Ike > 524 de chat > 543]
randakar [433 Ike > 524 de chat > 543]
Witch Agatha[544]
Dedonus [519 avernite > 545]
team wombat [497 johho > 547]
johho [ike 482 > beartjah 506 > 515 alxeu > 548]
Ironhide[551]
Ironhide[551]
Aedan [430 avernite > 554]
Wagonlitz [391 madchemist > 555]
R.Graymarch [518 the_hdk > 558]

the_hdk: 4
MAWofDoom [422]
alxeu [453]

marty99 [de chat 458 > 460]
EnvyDemon [514]

emperor ike: 3
sleepyhead 2.0 [443]
madchemist [467]
de chat [the_hdk 516 > marty99 517 > 520]

avernite: 2

yvanoff: 1
Yakman 2.0 [envy demon 406 > 503]

Not Voted: 0 :D

Last edited:
Sadly Marty was unattached, else we could've gleamed some information. I don't think it's likely he was in contact with any of the baddies this quickly.

Seems like I really need to find time to be around for those last 10-15 minutes before deadline. All the interesting stuff happens then.

Putting Avernite on my likely goodie list. Not quite in the top tier, as with the rival ruleset in this game a baddie would want to get rid of a sorc rival early, same team or no, but still.

I'm going to drop a vote on Agatha, who's been noticeably more silent than in the other games I've played with her (she's basically only voted each day and that's it). MAW is also starting to get to that point with me too.

Vote Witch Agatha

PS: Dead players who cannot sub but want to look at the setup/events feel free to let me know and I'll grant you access to our google sheets.
Part of the fun for me is not knowing, so I’ll pass on the offer. Thank you nonetheless.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I believe some other people already noted this, but this outting does not clear avernite because of his rivalry: A baddie avernite would still have every reason to kill marty. Of course the rivalry does not mean he has to be evil either, since a goodie avernite would kill marty as well, but I think it'd be good to keep in mind that he's not cleared.

Yesterday I opposed the marty lynch just before the outting. I know this looks bad at first glance, but do consider that the case against marty at that point in time was close to non-existant. I do still believe that, given the information available before the outting, the marty lynch looked weird.

As Envy just noted, it is fairly unlikely that the sorc was in contact with a pack this early, so it's unlikely we'll find much infor about the packs from yesterday. However, there is still the potential for a sorc's apprentice running around.

On to trying to find actual cases:

• The (non-avernite) pre-outting votes against marty still feel a bit weird to me, even despite the fact that marty turned out to be the sorc. They kinda feel like lazy votes that lucked into hitting the sorc.
    • Avernite had a good reason to throw a vote without explanation on marty(he had a scan), but (as far as I'm aware) hdk did not have this scan. Hdk never gave any reason at all for his vote, which still makes him a bit suspicious in my eyes, even though he stumbled into the sorc. Hdk's probs not the best target for a runup today simply because we was targetted yesterday so have some info on him already, which we do not have for many other people.
    • Chieron and Yvanoff jumped on marty seemingly based on a combination of incorrect information and the idea that a 3-way early on day 1 is too broad a tie. Neither are really sensible reasons to be voting someone.
I was hoping to get more that one bullet point here but I'm too tired to find anything else atm. I'll throw my vote on Yvanoff for now and come back to this later
VOTE YVANOFF

By the way, tomorrow is my birthday so I might not be the most timely or available GM.
Happy Birthday!

I'm going to drop a vote on Agatha, who's been noticeably more silent than in the other games I've played with her (she's basically only voted each day and that's it). MAW is also starting to get to that point with me too.
Yeah I really need to work on having because this is a very busy time for me (and a small part of that is your fault :) though most is not). I should have more time today though so I will begin work on analysis shortly.

Also happy birthday happycats!

Last edited: