WW CCXLVII - DOOM OF THE WEREYAK 8: HASTINAPUR, 722 BC

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well as my first game as the sorcerer, I didn't like it though. The wolf rivalry made it difficult for me to navigate as I've never been in that position before.
This game though it wasn't the standard sorcerer as it was more of a permanent distiller trait with the cultists taking over the scanning ability of the usual sorc. I very much agree though because spec requires being distrustful and backstabby so its not very fun to me.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm really happy I outed Sleepy, then.
He deserved it.

The truce never was gonna last and calling it off on a day when you hunt is fair game.
But doing a stab in a back and only calling off the truce after the fact really feels dishonourable.
Which was why I decided to follow all chnces I had, no matter how unlikely they were.
Swedes. What are you gonna do with them?

(Except johho. He's cool.)

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I'm really happy I outed Sleepy, then.
He deserved it.

The truce never was gonna last and calling it off on a day when you hunt is fair game.
But doing a stab in a back and only calling off the truce after the fact really feels dishonourable.
Which was why I decided to follow all chnces I had, no matter how unlikely they were.
I was exceedingly unhappy with the hunting arrangement. We were the weaker side, so doing the dirty work for you was not going to happen indefinitely.
I backstabbed you, because our only chance was to hit one of you who we did not know about at the moment. You would've been happy to hit me, just as well.
I suspected aedan would use his power on Arkasas that night, so the pack balance switched..

Well, the sorcerer would've had to switch sides. Culann was aware of Wagon at that moment, we had discussed plans before was Wagon outed himself.

I might of switch sides but the self outing really blind sided me.

This game though it wasn't the standard sorcerer as it was more of a permanent distiller trait with the cultists taking over the scanning ability of the usual sorc. I very much agree though because spec requires being distrustful and backstabby so its not very fun to me.

That's my feelings to. I tend to be a team player so I really don't like selling people out unless it's necessary. Plus there was a scenario I gamed out where I ultimately would have decided which pack won. I was really uncomfortable with that. I think the only person more annoyed by it was my wife since I wouldn't shut up about it.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I think the only reason the village had a chance was due to baddie's self inflicted sabotage.

It's not really self inflicted sabotage for packs to fight amongst themselves, it's an expected part of the game. The baddie alliances and truces when not necessary are what's unnatural. (It's okay to do them in the face of an overpowered JL or when the village is too strong in general though).

Also what's all this talk of honor and keeping your word? This is werewolf, lying well is a respectable skill. We wouldn't say it's dishonorable for a wolf to lie about being a villager.

• 3Like
Reactions:
It's not really self inflicted sabotage for packs to fight amongst themselves, it's an expected part of the game. The baddie alliances and truces when not necessary are what's unnatural. (It's okay to do them in the face of an overpowered JL or when the village is too strong in general though).

Also what's all this talk of honor and keeping your word? This is werewolf, lying well is a respectable skill. We wouldn't say it's dishonorable for a wolf to lie about being a villager.
Yeah, I find the whole Baddie alliance this game to be pretty baffling. You guys had big numbers and the seer died night 1. There was no real impetuous for a baddie alliance and no serious threat to organize against.

There were too many baddies in this game, which lead to the baddies knowing each other nearly instantly.
Which turned the game from "hide from the village" to "hide from the wolves, keep the cultists apart".
The approach that the cultists have the scans is interesting insofar, as they can be more independent. But the number of unaligned baddies was too big as well. 1 cultist each pack and an evil distiller sorc might've been better.

Important roles in zombie hands or in the hands of scan magnets was also hurting.

Reactions:
Yeah, I find the whole Baddie alliance this game to be pretty baffling. You guys had big numbers and the seer died night 1. There was no real impetuous for a baddie alliance and no serious threat to organize against.
Yep. This game turned into a game of the informed majority vs. the uninformed minority really quick.

Reactions:
Yeah, 4 unaligned with 2 3-wolf packs is a large number of beddies for parity.

True, the issue was that we knew each other, which made this awkward. (only Panzer and I were unknown to our respective opposing pack).

I’d just like to point out that for most of the game I didn’t know that Chieron, Panzer and Culann were baddies.

Nah I was talking about the stuff at the end. Don't get me wrong I see the pack rivalry as part of the game as well.

Lying when your on a different team is one thing, I like the plots, ploys and machinations to achieve a win for a group. Sorcerer is different that role wins with either pack and is a baddie. You're not part of one team or the other, you're out for yourself. It's expected that you'll have to betray one set of allies to achieve victory. That's a bit too backstabby for me. Guess I'm just not wired that way. I blame the Marines.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
I didn’t know about almost anyone till the switch to Dedonus :D
The switch just confirmed what I'd suspected. Based on the contacts I got from everyone, alxeu was the changeling, Dedonus was cleared, and I was sure capage was the priest even before he confirmed it. I leaned villager on Ironhide, and figured the last three baddies were Chieron, Culann, and Grimlock, with Chieron being my pick for final wolf.

The switch just confirmed what I'd suspected. Based on the contacts I got from everyone, alxeu was the changeling, Dedonus was cleared, and I was sure capage was the priest even before he confirmed it. I leaned villager on Ironhide, and figured the last three baddies were Chieron, Culann, and Grimlock, with Chieron being my pick for final wolf.

I was pretty sure you had us figured out. I also thought Alxeu and Dedonus had most of us figured as well.

One thing I must say is if the success of a plan for baddie victory depends on the village's knowledge of that plan, I don't see how the plan can succeed since the village will (as was done here) undoubtedly find some other way whether or not the plan also offers them a chance of victory. I guess that didn't really matter since wagon didn't seem to care if he had no chance of winning, but I still don't see how there could be any success for such a plan.

I even asked Dedonus if I should make a chat with the ones who contacted me (Chieron , you , and DBW). But he reminded me that the three of you could be baddies, and he was correct. I mean I had my suspicions, but that’s about it.
Yeah, don't trust any random contact. Especially Chieron claiming traitless, that was an obvious lie when literally every villager had a trait this game. Same thing gave Culann away.

One thing I must say is if the success of a plan for baddie victory depends on the village's knowledge of that plan, I don't see how the plan can succeed since the village will (as was done here) undoubtedly find some other way whether or not the plan also offers them a chance of victory. I guess that didn't really matter since wagon didn't seem to care if he had no chance of winning, but I still don't see how there could be any success for such a plan.
Wagon could have won. If he had known that Chieron was a baddie.