• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thank you, you are welcome.

Yes, unless you convert to a culture from the other side of the map, lose the Sub-Roman government type or otherwise make the Bureaucratic government type inaccessible.
Apologies if I'm reading this incorrectly, but that seems to mean that the sub-roman government type is culture-specific. Is this so?

Apologies if I'm reading this incorrectly, but that seems to mean that the sub-roman government type is culture-specific. Is this so?
No, it is not. But you can not adopt the Bureaucratic government through the decision without being a part of the "Romance" culture group. That being said once you have the Bureaucratic government type you will not lose it if you culture convert.

Really pleased to find this thread, had originally thought that this had gone quiet after playing the mod a few years ago when it started-yet dig a little deeper and here you are, working away at making this beautiful mod even better!

Keep up the good work! Never before or since has a mod been so detailed as to make one delve into theology of the early christian church and give Gibbon's third and fourth books a scrutinized look-over

Also this may have been posted earlier-but where on earth did the team find such varied details regarding the religious composition of the Roman Empire at this time? I can only imagine the amount of cross-referencing of different sources would create an archive worthy of a Doctorate's dissertation. I've no doubt that many good dissertations and even books on the religions of the period use fewer sources-

(If one of you (allegedly) snuck into the Vatican library for sources, I doff my hat to you)

Best Regards,
Lev

I think group research is a big part of it (especially earlier in the mod's development when there was both a larger team and more historical work being done constantly as opposed to "smaller" corrections) You essentially get a peer-review process both in development and in player response, and that helps drive the mod towards historical accuracy on a level your high school history book couldn't possibly touch.

Nice, it's akin to having a team of researchers at the projects disposal-some jump on, others jump off, a few doggedly weave in and out with long hiatuses, returning with new vigor and having unlocked the secrets of the Bon faith in the meantime.

I've been studying the spread of Christianity and have found 363-527 to be somewhat of a gap, and this peer-reviewed process has led to some sources which fill in a fair bit of the picture-the Hellenic holdouts in Laconia, Vasconia, Sardinia etc

Is there a current religious map somewhere in the forum to make sure I'm not prodding outdated information? I'd love to find whoever designed the religious balance of Italy and find their sources-so far I've been unable to get an authoritative map aside from this (Which has been copied extensively in several languages) and this

There are a few discrepancies between what was Christianized and what wasn't, for example the French sources (Haven't been able to find the original, only several poorer quality copies) show a completely different spread of Christianity in Northern Gaul. The German maps show "Spread" rather than Dominance, while English-Language maps show dominance, parity and presence (Sometimes with percentages (Who knows where those came from)) yet tend to extend only to early Christianity and then dry up as soon as Constantine comes along. Has anyone got maps that deal with Christianity/Paganism in the 5th Century?

Best Regards,
Lev

Attachments

• 3WestermannsIpg44b.jpg
    3WestermannsIpg44b.jpg
    157,1 KB · Views: 242
I wish i could help but i wouldn't know where to start with modding.

We can help you out with learning if you are interested.

Hi all, I’ve recently started developing interest in modding, and since I really like both CK2 and late antiquity and early Middle Ages, I would be very interested in helping your project. That said there is the problem that I’m a complete noob for modding, but if I can help in any way please let me know.

Hi all, I’ve recently started developing interest in modding, and since I really like both CK2 and late antiquity and early Middle Ages, I would be very interested in helping your project. That said there is the problem that I’m a complete noob for modding, but if I can help in any way please let me know.
Yus, the wiki has the first steps to take when it comes to modding, I'm using it myself :)

Really pleased to find this thread, had originally thought that this had gone quiet after playing the mod a few years ago when it started-yet dig a little deeper and here you are, working away at making this beautiful mod even better!

Keep up the good work! Never before or since has a mod been so detailed as to make one delve into theology of the early christian church and give Gibbon's third and fourth books a scrutinized look-over

Also this may have been posted earlier-but where on earth did the team find such varied details regarding the religious composition of the Roman Empire at this time? I can only imagine the amount of cross-referencing of different sources would create an archive worthy of a Doctorate's dissertation. I've no doubt that many good dissertations and even books on the religions of the period use fewer sources-

(If one of you (allegedly) snuck into the Vatican library for sources, I doff my hat to you)

Best Regards,
Lev
Thank you for the kind words. Group research and a long development cycle are the indeed the main factors for the amount of content we have amassed, given that we have continuously polished the religions in the map over years, both within the team and through player feedback. As was stated, it is not the work of one person, even if the religious map itself was drawn up by Enlil and he worked with most of the feedback in the early months of development.

Nice, it's akin to having a team of researchers at the projects disposal-some jump on, others jump off, a few doggedly weave in and out with long hiatuses, returning with new vigor and having unlocked the secrets of the Bon faith in the meantime.

I've been studying the spread of Christianity and have found 363-527 to be somewhat of a gap, and this peer-reviewed process has led to some sources which fill in a fair bit of the picture-the Hellenic holdouts in Laconia, Vasconia, Sardinia etc

Is there a current religious map somewhere in the forum to make sure I'm not prodding outdated information? I'd love to find whoever designed the religious balance of Italy and find their sources-so far I've been unable to get an authoritative map aside from this (Which has been copied extensively in several languages) and this

There are a few discrepancies between what was Christianized and what wasn't, for example the French sources (Haven't been able to find the original, only several poorer quality copies) show a completely different spread of Christianity in Northern Gaul. The German maps show "Spread" rather than Dominance, while English-Language maps show dominance, parity and presence (Sometimes with percentages (Who knows where those came from)) yet tend to extend only to early Christianity and then dry up as soon as Constantine comes along. Has anyone got maps that deal with Christianity/Paganism in the 5th Century?

Best Regards,
Lev
The one map you show is one we are aware of. It exist in other languages, such as this one, based upon it:

DiffusionChristianisme.PNG

Only one map is attached in your post, so I can not comment on any other material. On the spread of Christianity there are books that can serve as an introduction, such as the Formation of Christendom by Judith Herrin and The Rise of Western Christendom by Peter Brown, where you can find further bibliography and references.

Bar some minor changes this religious map corresponds to our current setup:

08E5AD01CF68E270CE7EACD0B5AB0FA77D4DB5FB

I will send you a PM in that case.

Will Frisia get some events or some uniqe stuff?
Nothing of the sort is planned in the immediate future, but if you have suggestions feel free to share them with us. We do already have a few unique flavour events for the Frisians.