• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Crimean Goths have been kicked out of Crimea early on, and now they found a new purpose: Serving as the Governor of the Western Protectorate for the Buddhist Khitan led Northern Wei Dynasty in perpetual civil war

zP5rVjM.jpg
That could have been a very interesting real life situation.

That could have been a very interesting real life situation.

Oh I agree. They migrated so far East that the Chinese dynasty is willing to let them govern the far western edges of China. There is no county that has Crimean Gothic as its culture, but they're alive and well in China it seems, fighting in that civil war

We really shouldn't be surprised by this. The only thing I'm looking forward to seeing that I haven't yet is an ethnically Chinese, Nahua culture, Reformed Norse Aztec emperor.

Please Ladies and Gentlemen lend me your eyes for a minute, Year 1625, the Frankish ERE is stronger than ever although they and the Sassanids are being pushed back by the Garamantes, the Sassanids are also pushing back the Steppe lords and the Garamantes are being pushed back by Hispano-Romano-Franks of Gaul, the British Isles have been a complete mess but recently the Kingdom of Munster is managing to unite the Isles under one sole banner, will it succeed? Stay tuned on and wait for news.
20180519232041_1.jpg

PD: This is by far the best observe game I´ve ever done, and I´ve done more that 20 that have passed year 1453. 4 Empires fighting each other for control over the mediterranean coast.
Oh, and the Guptas are now a minor branch, but still very Guptas, and everyone descends from David.

New timelapse with themod:

Not sure on what version or settings though, because it almost looks like a shattered world?

593BFF2A694210A7CC6411E8CC9D32E5B1F5418A

My current playthrough thus far. I was all sorts of happy when I found cultures like Akkadian in the files so I started up a game as a ruler designed Akkadian character and this is the result so far. I plan on taking the rest of Arabia and more of Anatolia and then dealing with Islam if it shows up because I think I turned it on for this game.

Also while I'm here, I think the Ashurian religion should be reworked a bit so that only rulers get the piety hit for being at peace instead of all the characters of the religion because the current system leads to my heirs always having something like -800 piety when they take over.

Also while I'm here, I think the Ashurian religion should be reworked a bit so that only rulers get the piety hit for being at peace instead of all the characters of the religion because the current system leads to my heirs always having something like -800 piety when they take over.

That's how it works in vanilla though. To change it would require some roundabout events and character modifiers.

That's how it works in vanilla though. To change it would require some roundabout events and character modifiers.
Yes, I would suggest rather submitting that feedback to the vanilla developers since it as much an issue for the Norse religion in the base game as for any WtWSMS religion that uses it.

My little empire with the Iazyges, or should I say the Shahanshah of the west. I converted to Zalmoxism because I wanted my Sarmatian empire to be centred on Dacia, the bolghar didn't reunite the holy sites, and I didn't had a missionary with a "fun" religion or heresy.
The Western part of the world seems very messy and the Byzantine Empire weak. But trust me, two century ago the Kingdom of Soissons expanded from the northern coast of Gallia to the southern part of Italy. Then the Eastern Roman empire vasselized the romano-gallic exarchate and it expanded from Brittania to Alexandria under the rule of the Constantenopleites. But the descendant of Zeno where not happy with these new emperors, and the western vassals grew more and more independent...
Finally, Armenia, pontus, and Egypt took their independence under the rule of a descendant of Zeno... In the same time, the west retake it's independence but the mighty Exarchate of the sons of Syagrus was no more, Annonaria, Lugdunensis and the Septem Provincia were fighting to retake the glory of their ancestors. But Gallia finally fell to an ephemeral thuringian kingdom and this is how it became this mess full of warlords.
On the island, the once strong Rheged kingdom was very diminished by the Byzantine invasion, and the western pagans destroyed the last britons kingdoms, but it takes a while for them to be united under the rule of a strong Angle warlord.
Then, the Arabian Empire under the rule of the descendant of the Prophet went for the weak frontier of the Empire, the Oriens Exarchate and the holy city of Jerusalem quickly fell even if with times, the byzantine retake some part of it.
It was after all this setback that a young Emperor tried to change the destiny of the Empire, he decided to renounce the cross and to follow the teaching of Mani. For some decades, the Empire was ruled by a Manichean Emperor. With this conversion, the diplomacy with the Sassanid Empire was reopen, and with time the Emperor change is way of life... He became not only Zoroastrian but also a Priest, and renamed himself Moaban-Moabad. He wanted to lead the Zoroastrian in the west, to bring an era of peace between the two Empire and maybe put an end to the Muslim threat. But he was quickly overthrown by his vassals who wanted to put an end to his "madness"... But some lands are still loyal to the King-Priest of the West.
ck2_1.png
ck2_2.png
ck2_3.png

Thank you for sharing this story, very interesting developments. Impressive Ummayads, I have rarely seen them being so successful. I noticed that melting-pot cultures are appearing too, so it looks like that feature worked out in this game as well.

ck2_2.png

Nothing really spectacular, I just like the name placement of Soisso-Frankia

Also, ALL of Flavius Afranius' dynasty members died out from the plague, so when the Romano-Gallic swap happens, what should I rename his dynasty to better suit the linguistic shift? It's going to be Galleis instead of French if all goes well, so I'm thinking "de Sagein/Sagery" since Syagrius is the last surviving member of the dynasty.

Last edited:
Behold Indo-China
(This wasn't from a chinese invasion war, for the sake of clarification. Northern Wei is still isolationist. A Chinese rebellion just up and decided to invade the Guptas.)
View attachment 398938

India is the favourite place for the Chinese pretenders to invade it seems in vanilla and this.

So I took on the challenge of preserving Rome as Romulus Augustulus. By now he's a previously craven lunatic with chest pains, in his late 40s. Emperor of the west - minus Burgundy, north Gaul and some of Iberia.

My son and heir is king of septem provinces, my grandson is the Eastern Roman Emperor, my wife is the largest landholder by far in Eastern Rome (she's basically eastern empress in all but name).

The Bubonic plague just struck and killed off a good part of my people, so I was left gasping for air for several years, locked in the keep.

So I , the Augustan Emperor decided it was about time to go on vacation and take the 5 years peace personal goal.

A few years has gone by and suddenly all hell breaks loose... My son (with the nickname "the Snake") declared war on Burgundy over a province, neato! Then he goes and loses half his army to attrition and western Gaul rises up against him in a revolt to remove him from power...

Then my dear newly found wife, Queen of almost all of Eastern Rome, decides someone else should be Eastern Emperor and goes to remove my four year old grandson.

Now maybe I shouldn't have taken that 5 years peace thing, but I'm a lunatic so I'll damn well play with my lego's in the courtyard and host bbq's for the besties, while my family struggle for dear life. And I'm not moving an inch before I have my five years of peace! Didn't like any of them anyway!

So I took on the challenge of preserving Rome as Romulus Augustulus. By now he's a previously craven lunatic with chest pains, in his late 40s. Emperor of the west - minus Burgundy, north Gaul and some of Iberia.

My son and heir is king of septem provinces, my grandson is the Eastern Roman Emperor, my wife is the largest landholder by far in Eastern Rome (she's basically eastern empress in all but name).

The Bubonic plague just struck and killed off a good part of my people, so I was left gasping for air for several years, locked in the keep.

So I , the Augustan Emperor decided it was about time to go on vacation and take the 5 years peace personal goal.

A few years has gone by and suddenly all hell breaks loose... My son (with the nickname "the Snake") declared war on Burgundy over a province, neato! Then he goes and loses half his army to attrition and western Gaul rises up against him in a revolt to remove him from power...

Then my dear newly found wife, Queen of almost all of Eastern Rome, decides someone else should be Eastern Emperor and goes to remove my four year old grandson.

Now maybe I shouldn't have taken that 5 years peace thing, but I'm a lunatic so I'll damn well play with my lego's in the courtyard and host bbq's for the besties, while my family struggle for dear life. And I'm not moving an inch before I have my five years of peace! Didn't like any of them anyway!

someone needs to get your ruler a room full of cheese...