• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

loup99

Godogost of Armorica
84 Badges
Jan 22, 2013
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • 500k Club
  • Pride of Nations
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • March of the Eagles
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Cities: Skylines
Last edited:
Playing as Romulus Augustulus, I was relatively worried I would get wrecked by Odoacer's invasion of Italy. It was a tense minute, I called forth my levies and rounded them together as I decided to valiantly lead my army into battle and meet the invading Odoacer head on expecting a massive clash that would leave the very fate of the realm on a knife's edge. Well, it turns out I worried for nothing because in the very first engagement Odoacer was captured by my men and I instantly received 100% Warscore.

That, children, is how the Western Roman Empire never fell.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Playing as Romulus Augustulus, I was relatively worried I would get wrecked by Odoacer's invasion of Italy. It was a tense minute, I called forth my levies and rounded them together as I decided to valiantly lead my army into battle and meet the invading Odoacer head on expecting a massive clash that would leave the very fate of the realm on a knife's edge. Well, it turns out I worried for nothing because in the very first engagement Odoacer was captured by my men and I instantly received 100% Warscore.

:p

Well, atleast he tried invading you... :p I like these kinds of ahistorical turnups.

Well, atleast he tried invading you... :p I like these kinds of ahistorical turnups.

I do as well. I'm quite interested to see how the world turns out now that the Western Roman Empire hasn't fully collapsed. I'm debating whether or not I want to flip-flop to Hellenism and try to bring the old ways back or if I should remain Nicene.

Very late to this story, only discovered this game a few months back. Played demo version all of November and December, finally allowed to d/l my Christmas present last week. Found WTWSMS while impatiently waiting and have been following the posts since early Dec.

Downloaded the mod this morning and as I have only been playing for a week I am still surprised by both vanilla events as well as the mod flavored items, but here goes.

Decided to play as Romano-British and see if I could hold back the flood. Took the southern kingdom centered on Salisbury Plain (Atrebatia ?), designed my own ruler, gave him a suitable Roman name (Rufus Germanicus, old family connection) and started up.

After the usual bookkeeping (marriage, council jobs etc) I looked east for some opportunities before suddenly being hit by Horsa of Kent and getting my a** handed to me. Had to immediately go into debt to the Jews to buys some mercenaries but of course since I was surprised my levies and mercs didn't line up so I got TWO defeats for the price of one ! I finally decided to simply surrender and see if I could bide my time, but shortly thereafter I saw my old province swallowed up by my fellow Romano Brits to the west (Dumnonia)! I was considering how I was going to face threats now from all sides when I was hit with a 3,000 man insurrection that wiped me off the map (my last province was Pelagian and I was Insular). I ended up with around -300 Prestige and maybe 50 Piety and it hadn't even hit 490 yet.

Wow, great match !

Second run through I checked the map a lot closer and decided that Dumnonia was the place to be. Ready to roll CBs to the East with none in return and just poor old Cornwall to the West. A quick war and that province was mine, I then started preparing for war to the west but kept getting distracted having to raise my levies to shoo off various Irish and Jutish coastal raiders. A quick trigger finger netted me some good victories, quite a few prisoners and some fine coin, but my levies are in a sorry state even with my Marshal working full time training replacements.

I was even blessed with a fine son, but oddly when he turned 6 I got the event that he had cut himself in the kitchen and laughed about it. My priest said that he was a devil spawn and should be banished and his mother imprisoned but I looked into her Kind, Trusting, Gregarious and Contented eyes and just couldn't do it. Now I am facing increased revolt threat across my realm, the Earl of Cornwall is itching to kill me the second our truce lifts and just before I logged off for the night I got an event saying that my boy's nanny is working wonders with him. A quick check shows that she is Kind, Patient and lots of other good things, but is also a Suspected Witch.

Is this an event chain or am I just becoming Paranoid ?

TL;DR - Man I love this game and MAN I LOVE THIS MOD !

Very late to this story, only discovered this game a few months back. Played demo version all of November and December, finally allowed to d/l my Christmas present last week. Found WTWSMS while impatiently waiting and have been following the posts since early Dec.

Downloaded the mod this morning and as I have only been playing for a week I am still surprised by both vanilla events as well as the mod flavored items, but here goes.

Decided to play as Romano-British and see if I could hold back the flood. Took the southern kingdom centered on Salisbury Plain (Atrebatia ?), designed my own ruler, gave him a suitable Roman name (Rufus Germanicus, old family connection) and started up.

After the usual bookkeeping (marriage, council jobs etc) I looked east for some opportunities before suddenly being hit by Horsa of Kent and getting my a** handed to me. Had to immediately go into debt to the Jews to buys some mercenaries but of course since I was surprised my levies and mercs didn't line up so I got TWO defeats for the price of one ! I finally decided to simply surrender and see if I could bide my time, but shortly thereafter I saw my old province swallowed up by my fellow Romano Brits to the west (Dumnonia)! I was considering how I was going to face threats now from all sides when I was hit with a 3,000 man insurrection that wiped me off the map (my last province was Pelagian and I was Insular). I ended up with around -300 Prestige and maybe 50 Piety and it hadn't even hit 490 yet.

Wow, great match !

Second run through I checked the map a lot closer and decided that Dumnonia was the place to be. Ready to roll CBs to the East with none in return and just poor old Cornwall to the West. A quick war and that province was mine, I then started preparing for war to the west but kept getting distracted having to raise my levies to shoo off various Irish and Jutish coastal raiders. A quick trigger finger netted me some good victories, quite a few prisoners and some fine coin, but my levies are in a sorry state even with my Marshal working full time training replacements.

I was even blessed with a fine son, but oddly when he turned 6 I got the event that he had cut himself in the kitchen and laughed about it. My priest said that he was a devil spawn and should be banished and his mother imprisoned but I looked into her Kind, Trusting, Gregarious and Contented eyes and just couldn't do it. Now I am facing increased revolt threat across my realm, the Earl of Cornwall is itching to kill me the second our truce lifts and just before I logged off for the night I got an event saying that my boy's nanny is working wonders with him. A quick check shows that she is Kind, Patient and lots of other good things, but is also a Suspected Witch.

Is this an event chain or am I just becoming Paranoid ?

TL;DR - Man I love this game and MAN I LOVE THIS MOD !

That is the Demon Spawn event chain from SoA. Your son is the spawn of satan, will have amazing stats, will be a genius, and will re-grow his limbs when maimed. Enjoy.

In my current game, the world has truly stopped making sense. In northern Europe, both the Celts and the Germans have reformed their religions, and Gaul is a fighting ground and the centerpiece of a 100-year conflict between Frankish and Armorican steel. The Byzantine Empire holds, stronger than ever under a resurgent Hellenic faith centralized under the Pontifex Maximus Zeno the Magnanimous. Arabia is united under the Yemenites, who fight with the Mazdakite Saffarids over the land between the rivers. Only Rome is still held by true Christians, under the rule of the Vandal Kingdom, who have rejoined the mainsteram Nicene Faith.

In my game, the Visigoths are still fighting their 20 year civil war, Soissons turned into Ludogenesis (my romano-gallic's a bit rusty, sorry) and conquered Burgundia, and the Franks are taking over Scandinavia. My Armoricans are doing well, thanks to marriages with every major Frankish kingdom (and the Garamantes), stealing land off of the Visigoths, and fabricating a claim on those poor Nevarrans.

But outside of Gaul, the world is actually...almost making sense. Well, my Armoricans will change that soon enough. ;)

This mod is extremely addictive, you really need to put a warning above the download link... :p

My first bigger campaign. Started with the Sabri tribe. Migrated to Crimea. The best part is, that I needed to fight 4 defensive wars. I just won the wars because I was married to the daughter of Childeric of the Salian franks. Really like the new migration mechanics and love to plunder the Eastern Romans when they are engulfed in a civil war :D

Started with the Vandals in the first 480 bookmark, planned to stay in place and develop, but ended up conquering Numidia, Stifensis, most of Tripolitania. I am in the second king, faced a 6000 man-strong adventure host led by my brother, defeated some viking (germanics) raids, 2 African Solar revolts, 503(?) now and everything is going well. Outside of it, the Armoricans expanded a bit to east, generally a province, Soissons remains in place, with both Frankish kingdoms in place. To the north, the Thuringians conquered Saxony and Sweden and reformed the germanic faith, waiting to see what comes out of that. To east the Slavs took Dacia, Bosphorans became independent and Byzantium is in the middle of Civil War. In Arabia, Yathrib expanded inland, and now holds around a quarter of the peninsula, the Lakhmids are pressed into the Sassanid borders, Mecca was captured by pagans and Hymiar was dismanteled after a Civil War. Oman also got dismenbered, but by Gavelkind. The rest of the world is pretty stable, except for Hellenist and Zoroastrian revolts in the Gupta Empire and Gandhara. Overall, this probably one of the best mods I played.

eastern roman empire completely collapse in my current game. Some slavs migrated to the orient and just destroyed them while doing it and pretty much everyone saw blood in the water and went to war.

I'm playing as the African Romance peoples and am liking it. Valentinian religion.

Was running an observer game until the Rise of Islam to see how it works, and I might just have to stop it here.

Emperor Zenon died of natural causes days after returning to the throne, leaving his 2 year old daughter as the Empress. All the vassals of the ERE hated her, and like four countries declared war on her. She beat them all and has now grown up. Her vassals think she's the best now and the entire empire is at her disposal. What does she want? Why, to marry a ruler of course!
prjhOCT.jpg

So who does she marry?

azUYFdX.jpg

A Hellenic pagan with no titles or claims, obviously.

Attachments

• prjhOCT.jpg
    prjhOCT.jpg
    618,8 KB · Views: 61
Reactions:
Thank you for all the compliments! Hopefully these games will be even more enjoyable with the 0.9.3.1 just released.