• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Playing as a ruler designed duke of Sardinia, I married an ERE princess. When Zenon won, there were two civil wars, one of which was a claim war... So I decided, "Screw it, I'll give it a shot, not like I'll lose anything too bad in trying..."
20180106125219_1.jpg

This resulted. I managed to capture Zenon, then when I got called into the civil wars, I managed to capture both revolters. RNGesus was on my side...

UPDATE: My wife just got a new son, who's 7 years older than her... I assume Justinian is scripted somehow?

Last edited:
Hmm, that's a nice heresy you got there kid, except that none of those things ever came to be in your world.
So what's this faith even about then?

Not too much happened in this world, North Africa is all Aten worshippers, Mandulis has taken over Nubia and Central Arabia, Niceans have done well for themselves. ERE's standing strong and Italy managed to be a thing.Though they are ruled by a Skirian king, with good parts of central and Veneto Italy being of that culture. Geats and Rus did well for themselves, Gupta's got split though.

Also question, why is the Shetlands, Orkneys and Iceland Irish culture and Insular at the 400 start date?

Great mod though, just downloaded it and have been enjoying the obs games I've had with it, great work so far!
20180115213549_1.jpg

Hmm, that's a nice heresy you got there kid, except that none of those things ever came to be in your world.
So what's this faith even about then?
The Khurramite heresy will definitely have to be reconsidered, thank you for reporting it.

Also question, why is the Shetlands, Orkneys and Iceland Irish culture and Insular at the 400 start date?
That represents the Papars.

The Khurramite heresy will definitely have to be reconsidered, thank you for reporting it.

Wouldn't it make more sense for the Shetlands to be Pictish at this point? The Orkneys are already Pictish ingame.

Wouldn't it make more sense for the Shetlands to be Pictish at this point? The Orkneys are already Pictish ingame.
Yes, probably. Will see if that can be changed.

First of all, we have no 400 start date.
To clarify this ambiguous statement, there are 24 playable years in the 400s. When it comes to earlier 400s start dates, it will be considered once the beta phase is finished in the upcoming years, eventually being covered in a 2.0 version if we ever get there. If it ever gets relevant at any time to consider a such start date in a less loose time frame we will inform about it.

Your welcome! Ah right, that makes sense. Still though fully Irish culture?

And to clarify, when I said the 400 start date, I meant the earliest one possible, the 476 start date.

Really just wanted to give a shoutout to the epic spread of this mod.
Started from the Frankish Steel bookmark with the idea that I'd switch dynasties anytime my current ruler got to 0% difficulty on the loading screen. This moved me from the Astures (and the now vanquished iberian kingdom of Asturia) to the Danube (and being a loyal vassal of thuringia until their disastrous campaign into Rus spurred the creation of South Thuringia) and then to present day as a Frankish king in early 9th century Irish Essex.
this is 1000% the most immersive gaming experience I've ever had, thanks so much for the mod. Screenshots below.

Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 6.05.39 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 6.03.50 AM.png religionScreen Shot 2018-01-23 at 6.04.23 AM.png cultureScreen Shot 2018-01-23 at 6.02.55 AM.png full map

Last edited:

How exactly does Khurramite differ from the Hephalite religion, historically speaking?

How exactly does Khurramite differ from the Hephalite religion, historically speaking?
The Hepthal religion is a mix between Zoroastrianism, Tabitianism, and Hinduism, while the Khurramite heresy is a mix between Shia Islam and Zoroastrianism. So the main difference is that the former wasn't influencedby Islam at all and took in Hindu and Tabitian elements, while the latter had rather Islam and Zoroastrianism more strictly as its inspiration, although I guess it is difficult to set an exact line.

Sorry, I was confusing Khurramite with Khurmazta :oops:

Started as a duke and here I am now

20180129185210_1.jpg

cuQQR6

20180129185214_1.jpg
dzn0tm

grdZKR
20180129185217_1.jpg

I am pretty happy with myself actually, was a fun game, and might continue it. First time playing the mod also.

Attachments

• 20180129185210_1.jpg
    20180129185210_1.jpg
    471,3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
ck2_158.png

One of my vassal's sons was born on the exact same day he died.

So, I was heading to school, and had the game running. I decided to save, then jump into observer mode to see the results when I got back.
Before:
20180130160758_1.jpg

Five hours speed 5 later:
20180130155756_1.jpg
20180130155803_1.jpg
20180130155751_1.jpg

BTW, does anyone know a way to drop the interface for screenshots?

BTW, does anyone know a way to drop the interface for screenshots?
You can hide the panels by not showing them, but not the whole interface.

Went from little Liutcoyt to drive the Saxons back into the sea, to achieve this by about 100 years later.
313iogj.jpg

And about 1000 years later, I managed to just about get the western empire back.
sym7b6.jpg
What kind of crazy world is this? Romano-British people in Rome, Hispania vanished to Morocco and a dismantled ERE.

What kind of crazy world is this? Romano-British people in Rome, Hispania vanished to Morocco and a dismantled ERE.
Don't worry. I tolerated all latin cultures in EU4, and got the east back on their feet.

If you think that's crazy, the guptas survived perfectly intact and ended up doing this in asia.
Note-I have mandate of heaven, they just murdered the Empire of China so hard that the title doesn't exist anymore.
1A0020D238B729D85FF1C6AF6F5F00D9A6203C88